Are there ANY good doctors in Morristown or Jefferson City?

Posted in the Morristown Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
brianna

AOL

#1 Aug 16, 2010
I'd like to find a good doctor,one who's willing to actually spend a little time actually trying to find out what's wrong instead of sending you to 10 other doctors in their "network".I have insurance with co-pays & deductables and can't afford to be shifted around,it's been a year and about 10 Drs. later and they just want to send you to "pain management".I want a doctor who's willing to find out whats wrong first, and are not "afraid" to treat you with pain medication or anxiety if necessary.Does one exist?
wow

United States

#2 Aug 16, 2010
Not too many exist any more-they lose trust in patients that need pain meds because there are somany that dr. shop looking for just that-either to take or sell. There are a coluple of decent pain management clinics that treat with procedures other than oxy's. Unfortunatly you have to have a regular dr. refer u. Thank the pill heads-especially the ones kicked out of painmanagement.

“Stand up for what you believe!”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#3 Aug 16, 2010
brianna wrote:
I'd like to find a good doctor,one who's willing to actually spend a little time actually trying to find out what's wrong instead of sending you to 10 other doctors in their "network".I have insurance with co-pays & deductables and can't afford to be shifted around,it's been a year and about 10 Drs. later and they just want to send you to "pain management".I want a doctor who's willing to find out whats wrong first, and are not "afraid" to treat you with pain medication or anxiety if necessary.Does one exist?
What is the Dr/Drs saying? I really don't know how to put it into words.. But, what kind of symptoms do you have? I see they want to send you to a pain clinic, so I know your having pain, where is the pain, what kind of pain, or other symptoms...etc?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#4 Aug 16, 2010
brianna wrote:
I would suggest a doctor that specializes in internal medicine instead of a general primary care physician. However, what you describe as far as "sending you to 10 other doctors in their network" is probably going to remain the same with anyone. That's how any primary care works nowadays. Each area of medicine is simply too deep and too rapidly changing for any one doctor to keep up with it all, so a big part of the job of primary care is channeling patients into the areas where they may need attention. Good luck with your search.
very happy with DR ZAIN

Morristown, TN

#5 Aug 16, 2010
I LOVE DR ZAIN NOT ONLY IS HE AN OB/GYN BUT HE IS TRAINED IN FAMILY MEDICINE AS WELL. HE IS COMPASSIONATE AND WILL DEFINITELY LISTEN TO YOU. HE IS NOT A BELIEVER IN JUST GIVING PAIN PILLS. HE REALLY TRYS TO HELP.
Lady

Morristown, TN

#6 Aug 16, 2010
I have not found any outstanding doctors is Morristown. Most of the doctors in Morristown belong to the Healthstar racket whether they advertise that they do or not. They belong to this racket for malpractice reasons. You may think your doctor does not belong to Healthstar when in all likelihood they do belong. Personally, I am sick and tired of the Healthstar racket. You have to go outside of the Morristown area to find a doctor that is not in any way associated with Healthstar and be assured that they are not associated with Healthstar.
brianna

AOL

#7 Aug 17, 2010
Lisa Mom of 3 wrote:
<quoted text>What is the Dr/Drs saying? I really don't know how to put it into words.. But, what kind of symptoms do you have? I see they want to send you to a pain clinic, so I know your having pain, where is the pain, what kind of pain, or other symptoms...etc?
Well,last August,I woke up with unbearable pain in my left foot,my lower back has hurt off and on for a few years,(bulges and protrusions they say) but the pain in my foot along with my toes being unmoveable all of a sudden,then the numbness all along the left side (not all the time).The doctor said I had plantar fasitisis,heel spurs.He sent me to a podiatrist who gave me a cortizone shot in my heel that releived the pain for about 12 hours.Then I had 3 abnormal ekg's,sent to have an echo,then sent to spine surgeon for what I don't know,btw,he treated me like shi*,like I volunteered to come in and waste my time and money.Next there was this totally shi**y doctor,Dr. Jetts.who did a nerve conduction test that hurt me SO bad,I screamed,cried ,begged him to stop sticking me at the end, which felt like 9" nails,he was like a robot and didn't respond in any way.I left there crying and couldn't drive (Horrible spasms all day).Went to original Dr., sent me to Pain management in Knox.,they are nice, but have asked me if I want oxycodone and a morphine patch.No way!I've got kids to care for,I can't be a zombie or a drug addict.Next month,I 've got an appointment with a rheumatoligist(sp?).My biggest complaint is I can't rest,the pain in my bones,back(hips),veins,total numdness in both hands and feet at night when I rest,and upon waking.I can manage when I'm moving all day,I just dread rest and sleep,but I NEED it ,it's hard runnning after a 2 & 3 ,and 14 year old.Sorry so long but you asked ,lol.And YES, to the other post, it's HEALTHSTAR !

Location hidden

#8 Aug 17, 2010
The numbness and pain could be related to fibromyalgia. Has that been mentioned? And YES the nerve test HURTS like hell!!
brianna

AOL

#9 Aug 17, 2010
My main DR. mentioned fibromyalgia on the first visit,but after he did the 3 EKG'S and x-rays,and everything else, he didn't mention it again,also my Blood pressure usually is about 171/140 even with Toprol,(BP medicine)especially when I have to go to DR.'s.I have severe anxiety (tried zoloft for 8 months.worthless) and am very grouchy now,I feel like I'm going to explode,seems no DR. really give a damn.Thanks for responding everybody.

Location hidden

#10 Aug 17, 2010
brianna wrote:
<quoted text>
Well,last August,I woke up with unbearable pain in my left foot,my lower back has hurt off and on for a few years,(bulges and protrusions they say) but the pain in my foot along with my toes being unmoveable all of a sudden,then the numbness all along the left side (not all the time).The doctor said I had plantar fasitisis,heel spurs.He sent me to a podiatrist who gave me a cortizone shot in my heel that releived the pain for about 12 hours.Then I had 3 abnormal ekg's,sent to have an echo,then sent to spine surgeon for what I don't know,btw,he treated me like shi*,like I volunteered to come in and waste my time and money.Next there was this totally shi**y doctor,Dr. Jetts.who did a nerve conduction test that hurt me SO bad,I screamed,cried ,begged him to stop sticking me at the end, which felt like 9" nails,he was like a robot and didn't respond in any way.I left there crying and couldn't drive (Horrible spasms all day).Went to original Dr., sent me to Pain management in Knox.,they are nice, but have asked me if I want oxycodone and a morphine patch.No way!I've got kids to care for,I can't be a zombie or a drug addict.Next month,I 've got an appointment with a rheumatoligist(sp?).My biggest complaint is I can't rest,the pain in my bones,back(hips),veins,total numdness in both hands and feet at night when I rest,and upon waking.I can manage when I'm moving all day,I just dread rest and sleep,but I NEED it ,it's hard runnning after a 2 & 3 ,and 14 year old.Sorry so long but you asked ,lol.And YES, to the other post, it's HEALTHSTAR !
I just re-read you reply,and I wanted to mention something. Oxycodone is not the same as oxycotin. If you have ever took a hydrocodone, the oxycodone is just a little stronger. It 'usually' don't make people sleepy. The pharmacy said "If your body is in pain, it will treat the pain only, if your not in pain it will get you high/buzzing,hyper, whatever." If you would register then we can send personal messages. If/when you do, click the little envelope beside of the people who have registered to send a personal message to them. It is a lot easier to share info.

Location hidden

#11 Aug 17, 2010
Sorry,spelling YOUR reply not you. LOL
truthseeker

Morristown, TN

#12 Aug 17, 2010
Dr Devon Smith is very good choice. He sits down and takes time with you . He wears blue jeans and boots . Does not act are look like typical doctor. He is at Grace Internal Medicine. GOD bless!
Knoxville

Philadelphia, PA

#13 Aug 17, 2010
Devon smith and his staff are not friendly at all. I would suggest going somewhere else.

Location hidden

#14 Aug 17, 2010
You might try Knoxville Orthopedics, or KOC. They have an office in Jeff City. They have a barrage of doctors. They work on the Vols football team. Had my back surgery there and husband and son have had knee surgery with their doctors.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#16 Aug 18, 2010
2centz wrote:
You might try Knoxville Orthopedics, or KOC. They have an office in Jeff City. They have a barrage of doctors. They work on the Vols football team. Had my back surgery there and husband and son have had knee surgery with their doctors.
I agree. Have had some experience with them and they are great.(Went there after getting some very bad "advice" from a local doctor.)

Since: Aug 10

AOL

#17 Aug 18, 2010
Lisa Mom of 3 wrote:
<quoted text> I just re-read you reply,and I wanted to mention something. Oxycodone is not the same as oxycotin. If you have ever took a hydrocodone, the oxycodone is just a little stronger. It 'usually' don't make people sleepy. The pharmacy said "If your body is in pain, it will treat the pain only, if your not in pain it will get you high/buzzing,hyper, whatever." If you would register then we can send personal messages. If/when you do, click the little envelope beside of the people who have registered to send a personal message to them. It is a lot easier to share info.
Did it,I'm now Brianna123,thanks!

Location hidden

#18 Aug 18, 2010
Brianna123 wrote:
<quoted text>
Did it,I'm now Brianna123,thanks!
Great! I just sent you a personal message. LOL!
Wondering

Strawberry Plains, TN

#19 Aug 18, 2010
Anyone know anything about Dr. Kouser in Morristown? I had to find a new rheumatologist due to insurance and there aren't very many of them. Any experience, input will be appreciated.

Since: Aug 10

AOL

#20 Aug 19, 2010
I' got an appointment with him in early Sept.,my mother-in -law goes to him,she's got rheumatoid arthritis,she's in pain alot, but she likes him.I don't know what (if anything he does for her but she seems to be in misery alot).I'll let you know how my visit goes if you want.I'm pretty sure I have arthritis,just don't know what kind.I know there is no option in this area, unless you go to Knoxville.Good Luck and I'll let you know,if you go before Sept. 10,let me know how it goes before I waste more money that I don't have,ok?
Yes

Morristown, TN

#21 Aug 19, 2010
dr. Zain

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morristown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Am I Doing Something Wrong? 7 min hahahahaha 37
Girl with Strap On for me (Mar '12) 2 hr theCARS7879 19
Spico de go back to mexico(oops I mean mayo) co... 2 hr HATE breed 2
fat people and electric scooters at Walmart 2 hr Baby Sin 2
needing a roommate 2 hr looking 3
Crazed knee-gro on tha loose 2 hr Baby Sin 1
adultery 2 hr Baby Sin 30
CITY COUNCIL Morristown 10 hr Midnite Caller 52
Giving Oral Sex (Jan '11) 13 hr ann 42
More from around the web