First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Arnold

Melville, NY

#1 Oct 17, 2011
Ate lunch at Shugs. It was decent but overpriced. I dont care to pay for good food but ordered 2 hot dogs, fries ,and a water and it was almost seven dollars. Any other opinions out there?
agree

Jefferson City, TN

#2 Oct 17, 2011
It was over priced. I saw more cars there today. There were barely anyone there the last time we went by. They need to improve their score.
Andy

Morristown, TN

#3 Oct 25, 2011
I have eatin there a few times ans also thouth it was decent. But the last time, it was much better. Hope they keep improving.
Alan

Morristown, TN

#4 Oct 25, 2011
They need to cook their food more. The first few times I went there it was an older man cooking and the food was fine. The last couple of times it was two older ladies in the kitchen and the fries were soggy and the chicken and burgers seemed to be boiled and not fried. Prices arent too bad though just turn up the deep fryer..
You Cheap Ass

Morristown, TN

#5 Oct 28, 2011
Wow really it cost you $7 and that is too expensive for eating out. You should just go order off the dollar menu somewhere and stop with you bitch ass complaining.
dik

York, SC

#7 Oct 28, 2011
Arnold wrote:
Ate lunch at Shugs. It was decent but overpriced. I dont care to pay for good food but ordered 2 hot dogs, fries ,and a water and it was almost seven dollars. Any other opinions out there?
u can get Justin's food at daily bread for tree fifty...
a burger is a burger

Morristown, TN

#8 Oct 30, 2011
You Cheap Ass wrote:
Wow really it cost you $7 and that is too expensive for eating out. You should just go order off the dollar menu somewhere and stop with you bitch ass complaining.
Shugs won't be there long. There are too many other burger joints to compete with. They shug have made it a cafeteria with vegtables served. That's what this town really needs. It would make some money if done right. A burger is only a burger.
Seriously

Freeport, NY

#9 Oct 30, 2011
Went through drive through other night.... Got 2 huge double cheeseburgers 2 fries and onion rings!..$20 bucks.... The food was great!....... It was cooked to order.... So it hadnt been layin around...... I'll be back!!!
Seriously

Freeport, NY

#10 Oct 30, 2011
At Hardees, it would have cost more!!!!
heather

Sevierville, TN

#11 Nov 12, 2011
awful i cannot stress that enough food was way undercooked the meat was still pink buns were soggy as were the fries way overpriced for damn burgers almost 30 bucks spent for something i would not feed to a dying dog shugs tried to rip off five guys and failed please just dont try again shugs just go back to whatever dump u came from
nothanks

Morristown, TN

#12 Nov 12, 2011
Well, at least now I know what kind of place this is. With a name like "shugs", I really had no desire to actually go there. Doesn't sound too apealing, and from what I've heard, neither is the food.
$20 for 2 burgers, 2 fries, and onion rings: really?? 2 could've gone to Shoney's on that! For a quick meal, just went to McD's and got 2 double burgers with everything on them, chicken sandwich, lrg fries and 2 drinks for $8. So if you're talking burgers and fries, yeah,$20 for 2 to eat is WAY too high.

Since: Jul 11

Morristown, TN

#13 Nov 12, 2011
We had breakfast there a couple weeks ago. The price was okay, but the gravy wasn't that great.
Observation

Jefferson City, TN

#14 Nov 14, 2011
Well, at least now I know what kind of place this is. With a name like "shugs", I really had no desire to actually go there. Doesn't sound too apealing, and from what I've heard, neither is the food.
$20 for 2 burgers, 2 fries, and onion rings: really?? 2 could've gone to Shoney's on that!

Don't go to Shoney's!!!! Went there the other night and the service was lousy and the food was not to much better. They like all other food joints in Morristown have just give up on Service and Quality.
I know the argument, I have been reading TIP....NO TIP....and all the other forums, but you are in the PEOPLE BUSINESS if you are operating a restaurant. You should have realized that before opening the doors and be willing to except the good with the bad as well. There will be "those days".
As far as Shoney's. It was not all that busy and we waited about 10 minutes after we sat down for just someone to come and give us menus. There were several servers who took the time to actually stop and look at us sitting there, but that was as far as it went. We finally got our server. Like I said..service and the food....so so. I did leave a tip before you ask, and I will tell you it was not 15 percent. I was not leaving 15 percent FOR THAT. I do not blame the server for the food, I blame them for the service or lack of.
dontthinkso

Morristown, TN

#15 Nov 14, 2011
Unless you just went in and seated yourself, you didn't wait 10 minutes on someone to bring you a menu at Shoney's. The hostess who seats you ALWAYS gives you menus when she does so; this is how your waitress is assigned. If you didn't have a menu when you sat down, it's because you didn't wait to be seated, and therefore, no one knew you were there or what to do with you, and no waitress was assigned to your table. People are seated at Shoney's; it's not a seat-yourself place.
I would give their service a complete thumbs up. Their waitresses are fantastic, and very friendly too. Every now and then, you'll get a new one, or a crabby one, but I guarantee you that if you go back, that person will definitely have changed or won't be there.
As for the food quality, it's normally very good. But as with any place, they too have their off days. Overall, it's one of the best around. I especially like their breakfast though.
Local

United States

#16 Nov 14, 2011
Give it a chance ! It's GreeeeeeaaaaaaaT!
Pipe-man-Sam

United States

#17 Nov 30, 2011
The food was awesome. It was a cross between five guys, dairy queen, and hardees. Perfect burgers everytime I order. Only around 10 bucks for a big ole hamburger cooked to order, a big ole thing of fries, a drink, and a hot fudge Sundae. It was awesome and ill be back :)
smile

Morristown, TN

#18 Nov 30, 2011
look I cook & eat in this town for 40 yrs only eat there 1 time had gravy bis & eggs well I've never had gravy like that if they could train the how to make southern gravy and not northern sauce It be all right
smile

Morristown, TN

#19 Nov 30, 2011
look I cook & eat in this town for 40 yrs only eat there 1 time had gravy bis & eggs well I've never had gravy like that if they could train the cook how to make southern gravy and not northern sauce It be all right
lol

Morristown, TN

#20 Nov 30, 2011
Pipe-man-Sam wrote:
The food was awesome. It was a cross between five guys, dairy queen, and hardees. Perfect burgers everytime I order. Only around 10 bucks for a big ole hamburger cooked to order, a big ole thing of fries, a drink, and a hot fudge Sundae. It was awesome and ill be back :)
for a ten dollar burger why not just go to Ruby Tuesdays and get endless fries. 10 bucks for a big cheese burger just sounds crazy to me.

What are they thinking with prices like that in THIS economy. they wont be open a year unless they get real. Every time i have drove by it looks dead.
in the know

Morristown, TN

#21 Nov 30, 2011
The owners of Shugs are the previous owners of Dill Pickle. Yeah, the same place that got shut down buly the state for unpaid taxes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morristown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
lots of emergency vehicles 4 min j reb 10
Facts on Undocumented Immigrants 2 hr The Executioner 186
The Voice 2 hr Think about this 11
Read Knox news sentinel Ernie burzell 2 hr Section 31 14
Passing a teenage boy on road who should be in ... (Mar '17) 2 hr Section 31 18
Vote burzell out 4 hr nick soapdish 6
Lakeway Regional Hospital.. What do you think a... (Feb '14) 4 hr Ateit 102

Morristown Jobs

Personal Finance

Morristown Mortgages