Can anyone recommend a good vet?

Posted in the Morristown Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
sophiesmom

Savannah, TN

#1 Sep 5, 2007
Looking for a good vet in Morristown, reasonably priced with a personality.
JLW

Morristown, TN

#2 Sep 5, 2007
Dr. Hewitt or Dr. Parks
Morristown resident

Morristown, TN

#3 Sep 6, 2007
Larry Mangum, can't beat him.
sophiesmom

Savannah, TN

#4 Sep 6, 2007
Morristown resident wrote:
Larry Mangum, can't beat him.
He's the reason I'm looking.

“1st learn stand then learn fly”

Since: Sep 07

Morristown

#5 Sep 6, 2007
sophiesmom wrote:
<quoted text>
He's the reason I'm looking.
Yeah I was going to say...you can beat him...and some want to beat him.

"say no to old drugs"
land lady

Morristown, TN

#6 Sep 8, 2007
mangum is a nut job. shuck is good, not very bed side friendly but has a nice staff and has the best prices in town. hewitt is a great great man, nice staff but pretty expensive in comparison to most.
Morristown resident

Morristown, TN

#7 Sep 8, 2007
Shuck is good and Magnum is a nut job. Please try to remember that Shuck spoke with a TBI agent trying to arrange contract kidnapping of his employee-special interest-girlfriend and her husband. Shuck's good naturedness could be seen in the fact that he didn't want to kill them right away. Christmas was approaching and he didn't want to kill anyone at Christmas. His plan was to hold them in animal cages at his clinic until after the blessed day, then put them down with the same drug used to euthanize dogs. Everyone makes mistakes and is entitled to foregiveness. It just seems most people don't make mistakes as big as this one.
mtdewgirl

Morristown, TN

#8 Sep 8, 2007
I like Dr. Hewitt.
land lady

Morristown, TN

#9 Sep 8, 2007
You have a point about Shuck - but I don't think anyone who goes to him as their vet is in harms way...besides he wasn't "convicted" (or at least I don't think he was but couldn't say for sure) Maybe he just needs the business - but Shuck is a good vet and Magnum has done some very shady things as it relates to animals, not humans. But good point, MR - it would be a good toss up. I can say for sure though that shuck seems to know what he is doing as a vet even if he is rude. Importantly to me is that he is cheaper than any of the others. And yes I like Dr. Hewitt a whole lot but he just seems alot more expensive..so if price isn't a problem - go to Hewitt.
Kim

Savannah, TN

#10 Sep 9, 2007
Shuck was convicted.
land lady

Morristown, TN

#11 Sep 10, 2007
how does he still have a business?
land lady

Morristown, TN

#12 Sep 11, 2007
i hear there is a good vet in Rogersville that is cheap. anyboyd know more info?
Chapman

Morristown, TN

#13 Sep 11, 2007
Dr. Shuck is a good vet. He loves animals, he just dont like people. I have to say, I dont either.
JWD

Morristown, TN

#14 Sep 12, 2007
Mangum killed an animal of mine instead of just saying I don't have training for this type of animal!!
jdd

Miami, FL

#15 Sep 17, 2007
Shuck is a loon. He has no idea what he is doing.
jack russell

Maryville, TN

#16 Sep 18, 2007
did you find a vet? I think shuck is a loon, too,b ut he is a good one. and helps animals.
Kim

Savannah, TN

#17 Sep 18, 2007
I plan to go to White Pine Vet Clinic; I went there before and am friends with Steve Hammer. I will just drive over there because that's where we went before and never had any problems.
bible believer

Maryville, TN

#18 Sep 18, 2007
it has been my experience that Dr. hewitt is a real good Christian man. i don't know if he is more expensive but i think supporting what he does for this community is worth a couple of extra bucks.
Scrappy

Miami, FL

#19 Sep 22, 2007
Forget Shuck, Mangum, Burns, and all the others. You want to be going to Dr. Pilkington, aka: Dr. P. at Lakeway Animal Hospital. It's in Jefferson City, next to Empire Gas. He's the absolute BEST!!! When he enters the exam room, he speaks to the ANIMAL first, then you. That's the way a good vet should do.

I've been to several others in M'town (but not Shuck; anyone who would want to kill any living thing is NOT the vet for me, and Dr. P. is Top Notch! I have been going to him for 15+ years. Call him.
Kim

Savannah, TN

#20 Sep 22, 2007
I have also been to Dr. P, and I agree, he's great. Steve Hammer, the Vet Tech in White Pine that I mentioned, used to work with Dr. P for years.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morristown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
brandon trent any info about how he is doing? (Nov '10) 30 min Btrent 8
We need immigrants in Tennessee 2 hr Okay 34
is it legal to live in a camper with kids?? (Jan '16) 2 hr Okay 19
Looking for fun ladies 2 hr Okay 7
Sport Clips haircuts 2 hr Okay 11
Lawn care guys making a Dollar then think there... 3 hr work 6
Christina Wood at Sykes 10 hr Sad 57

Morristown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance