First Prev
of 3
Next Last
lulz

Talbott, TN

#1 Jan 26, 2009
Laying off again I hear. Economy is going to eventually ruin us all if something don't give.
Alpha Zulu

United States

#2 Jan 26, 2009
Yep. Laid off about 130 last week and looking at more in February. A lot of production lines are only running 2 shifts and 4 days a week.
Auschwitz Komander

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#3 Jan 26, 2009
Looks like the manager over diesel monotherm products at the Morristown location screwed up once again.
Original plans was to layoff 30 office workers , but upon evaluating the special talents of the office staff 130 set-up operators are out of a job.
SAVE HORSE RIDE A COWBOY OR SOMEONE IN MANAGMENT!

“I say what I mean”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#4 Jan 26, 2009
It wasn't just set-up operators that got laid off. It was team leaders, inspectors, material handlers, chippers, and it wasn't just diesel monotherm; ferrotherm, automotive, just about all areas were involved in this lay off.
Auschwitz Komander

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#5 Jan 26, 2009
porkupine66 wrote:
It wasn't just set-up operators that got laid off. It was team leaders, inspectors, material handlers, chippers, and it wasn't just diesel monotherm; ferrotherm, automotive, just about all areas were involved in this lay off.
Dot got FIRED
Rick walked out
how many people with made-up fictitious jobs in the front office or upstairs are doing the unemployment thing today?

“I say what I mean”

Location hidden

#6 Jan 27, 2009
You wouldn't happen to be "turbo" would you?
Auschwitz Komander

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#7 Jan 27, 2009
no , AOI is the biggest joke in the building . turbo should be ashamed of that cobbled up mess.
Turdbo still employeed there? him and Miller are gonna collapse a lung sucking ass in there one day.

“I say what I mean”

Location hidden

#8 Jan 27, 2009
I agree about the AOI. It's always messed up. More parts were going out the door before it came along. As for Miller, I really like him, he has always been good to me. Didn't really get to know Turbo very well.
It's just sad that so many people are losing their jobs, not just at Mahle, but everywhere. This is not just happening in America, I have a friend England that got laid off last week, so it's going on everywhere.
Frugal

Morristown, TN

#9 Jan 27, 2009
You people need to get your facts straight and quit posting a bunch of trash!
Auschwitz Komander

United States

#10 Jan 27, 2009
trash? Morristown Mahle Piston Division post are not trash. A few points on this post may be slightly inaccurate, but for the most part its good. Please feel free to enlighten us on the facts you seem to know.
Ray53

Ringgold, GA

#11 Jan 30, 2009
I work in the mono surface treatment department and Miller is an ok guy but he is a HUGE suckass as for Turbo he doesnt give a damn about anything but that POS AOI.
Auschwitz Komander

United States

#12 Jan 30, 2009
that little Pumpkin dude still back there with you Ray53?

“Just 'Ed Munster'”

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#13 Jan 30, 2009
I'm not getting too far into this because everyone in the dang plant knows who Ed Munster is. But Komander, you do need to get all your facts straight. Rick is still there. All the laid off were not all operators. Several were chippers and inspectors as well as operators. Salary is having to take a pay cut as well. This layoff cut deep... I only have one inspector left under me... but I am thankful I am still there. And hate it for all the ones that had to get laid off. No one is there for their health. We all need a job. And yeah, the pumpkin dude is still there...

“I say what I mean”

Location hidden

#14 Jan 30, 2009
You tell em Munster. People that don't work there don't have a clue. They just like to assume they do.

“Just 'Ed Munster'”

Location hidden

#15 Jan 30, 2009
porkupine66 wrote:
You tell em Munster. People that don't work there don't have a clue. They just like to assume they do.
Thank you, Porkupine.
Auschwitz Komander

United States

#16 Jan 30, 2009
Ed are you still a deburr girl? Oh, wait they don't have them anymore, they are now called inspectors, and the deburr b*tches get paid more. Are you sure Rick John's still there, if so why did they move Fahay to look after the skirt room?

“Just 'Ed Munster'”

Location hidden

#17 Jan 31, 2009
Ed is a inspector just like Ed has been for going on 12 years.

And yes, I am sure about Rick Johns. Seen him there myself last week. They did some 'restructuring' where some team leaders up front now have more lines to watch over. So that is why Fahay is in the back now. Komander I think I know who you are. So shoot me an email through MySpace and I'll explain.

“I say what I mean”

Location hidden

#18 Jan 31, 2009
Ed Munster wrote:
Ed is a inspector just like Ed has been for going on 12 years.
And yes, I am sure about Rick Johns. Seen him there myself last week. They did some 'restructuring' where some team leaders up front now have more lines to watch over. So that is why Fahay is in the back now. Komander I think I know who you are. So shoot me an email through MySpace and I'll explain.
Shouldn't you be at work right now?

“Just 'Ed Munster'”

Location hidden

#19 Jan 31, 2009
porkupine66 wrote:
<quoted text>
Shouldn't you be at work right now?
Ed is on 2nd shift now. So no.

“Just 'Ed Munster'”

Location hidden

#20 Jan 31, 2009
You know I've thought a lot about it. This thread talks about "Turbo" and the A.O.I.'s. Well that is my department. I've wanted to say some things, so what the heck. I think I'll just say my piece.

The AOI's are OK. They are only as good as the AOI setup that is there at the time, how well the current program has been taught, and what the parts look like to begin with. If you are running green and yellow's that has been dipped in CLEAN stuff in the back, then you can run the crap out of them. No kidding I've ran 1300+.

Now I'm going to get on to Turbo. I've worked with Coordinators and Managers in the past who have said 'I went to college and that is why I do not have to work weekends'(not DW). Well let me tell you I don't care who went to school where or for how long, that does not make you any better than me. But I'm getting off point... on to Turbo. We had some quality issues over the summer. The department was on forced overtime and we worked A LOT of hours. Well let me tell you about Turbo. He was right there with us. Watching the AOI, watching the lasers run, watching to see where the damages were coming from, grabbing dunnage, fixing issues, working. We were working 12 hours a day 5 or 6 days a week and Turbo was working 12 to 16 hours a day 7 days a week. Most every day during the forced OT he was there when I got there at 6am and was still there when I left at 6pm. One day he left at midnight and came back in at 5AM. He does not ask of people what he is not willing to do himself. And he is one of the few upstairs that I can say that about. He is also one of the very few I would bother to get on the Topix board to set the record straight for.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morristown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dogs destroyed property 20 min No Regerts 14
Trolling for the Hog! 1 hr Sassy Sucks 2
Looking for joneka treece 2 hr Smiley2743 1
transgender dating (Apr '12) 2 hr Billx920 4
who knows Tonya Lewis 4 hr newport 12
Is everyone in morristown disabled ? 4 hr Hay Vern 6
Olive Garden!!!??? 4 hr Ya Big Baby 12

Morristown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance