Rude Cops in Morristown
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
josh

Morristown, TN

#1 Sep 19, 2008
I don't know much about the cops in morristown but I have had a run-in with a couple of them.

I was eating an ice cream w/ my g/f in the little parking lot on the side of Fred Miller when this bold headed cop pulls up behind us and shines his bright ass light in my mirrors. He then comes over to the car asking fifteen hundred questions that were none of his business with this rude attitude like he was out to just be a dick that night or something. Eye balling me and just harassing us in-general for no apparent reason.

Anyone else had problems with the cops just being nasty, rude, out of line or just assholes for no reason what-so-ever?
wondering

Mountain City, GA

#2 Sep 19, 2008
josh wrote:
I don't know much about the cops in morristown but I have had a run-in with a couple of them.
I was eating an ice cream w/ my g/f in the little parking lot on the side of Fred Miller when this bold headed cop pulls up behind us and shines his bright ass light in my mirrors. He then comes over to the car asking fifteen hundred questions that were none of his business with this rude attitude like he was out to just be a dick that night or something. Eye balling me and just harassing us in-general for no apparent reason.
Anyone else had problems with the cops just being nasty, rude, out of line or just assholes for no reason what-so-ever?
Sounds to me like he was just doing his job. Park somewhere else!
josh

Morristown, TN

#3 Sep 19, 2008
It's a park, what's wrong with sitting in a park?
Down with NAFTA

Nashville, TN

#4 Sep 19, 2008
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds to me like he was just doing his job. Park somewhere else!
No wonder cops get away with all the bullshit. You must be one. Hide behind your badge. It inly takes one bad apple to spoil the hole bunch.
Haywood Jablome

Memphis, TN

#5 Sep 19, 2008
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds to me like he was just doing his job. Park somewhere else!
It's a park numb nuts, you can sit in a public park for whatever reason you want unless it's something illegal, and I'm pretty sure eating ice cream isn't illegal. And if you park somewhere else they'll do the same crap...one of the requirements to be a mo'town cop is you have to be a prick to everyone...unless you pull them over for drugs and they give you most of what they have
45Chevy

Morristown, TN

#6 Sep 19, 2008
If I'm not mistaken the park has been a turns in a pickle park after dark.
bass Ackwards

United States

#7 Sep 19, 2008
I can agree in one instance. My wife got a ticket for her brake lights being out. She did not know. Who really checks every time. She called me while she was talking to him and I was going to come fix them right there seeing how it was not far but he still gave her a 65 dollar ticket. It seems the cops that used to be here had nowhere near tha attitude of some but not all now. That being said, you never know, someone near the park may have called him. There may have been complaints of people drinking there or maybe drug deals. And since he shined his light I assume it was at night in which I can see him being suspicious. Its a park where kids are so I would rather he took the time to check it out than to not give a crap and have drugs or something else go on that should not be there. Now as far as attitude goes, he should not have had one unless someone "COPS" one with him. No pun intended.
thinking

Morristown, TN

#8 Sep 19, 2008
The dik on here from sevierville is the same dik that always post hateful comments on every topic-just2letuknow-they r against everything!!!
Haywood Jablome

Memphis, TN

#9 Sep 19, 2008
She didn't have to pay the $65 ticket did she..If you get the problem fixed and take it to the police station and show them that it's fixed they should have dropped the ticket...I got pulled over a few years ago in a Honda that I had that didn't have a muffler, I got a ticket and after I put one on it took it to the police station and showed them I had gotten it fixed they didn't make me pay
bass Ackwards

United States

#10 Sep 19, 2008
Haywood Jablome wrote:
She didn't have to pay the $65 ticket did she..If you get the problem fixed and take it to the police station and show them that it's fixed they should have dropped the ticket...I got pulled over a few years ago in a Honda that I had that didn't have a muffler, I got a ticket and after I put one on it took it to the police station and showed them I had gotten it fixed they didn't make me pay
no she did not BUT I did pay a $15 "administration fee" AKA,pure proffit. Not to mention take the time to show them it was fixed.
stop whining

Murfreesboro, TN

#11 Sep 19, 2008
Cops are always damned if they do and damned if they don't! Pick on someone else for a change!
Believe IT

Morristown, TN

#12 Sep 19, 2008
Most cops are rude and mostly because they are on a power trip.Most of them were geeky little twetps that never had their voice heard until they joined MPD!
KISS

Morristown, TN

#13 Sep 19, 2008
i do things like this. ive been pulled over a few times in my day. there has been polite cops and rude cops. so when they are polite, so am i! when there rude...im rude rite back. no big deal either way. next time u have a cop being rude just ask him why hes in such a bad mood. tell him not to bring his home life problems to work with him. i had some teachers that was the same way. have u noticed that? some teachers were ment to teach....and others were not. same with cops. i take them as they come same as everybody else. someone wants to be rude to me...i no how to be rude too. be nice and ill be polite to. if i no i done wrong...speedin or such...i dnt try to act like i didnt do wrong. i take the ticket and go about my business. if i didnt deserve the ticket...i would take it to the judge...always worked for me!
Thinker

Jefferson City, TN

#14 Sep 19, 2008
An officer pulled me over because my sticker had expired. I had bought it and put it my glove compartment and simply forgot to put it on. He helped me put it on. He couldn't have possibly been nicer while being totally professional and absolutely doing his job.
citizen

Morristown, TN

#15 Sep 19, 2008
some are good and some are bad as with anything but I think the bad out weigh the good here in motown
BORATHA

Woodhaven, NY

#16 Sep 19, 2008
theres a reason that the police are pricks. They have to go to briefings everyday before their shift and are told what the administration wants and thats money from citations. I have known one city officer since we were kids and he has always been a very good guy. The MPD put corporal stripes on him and he became an instant prick. Most are still great guys.
Sarah

Nashville, TN

#17 Sep 19, 2008
I'm Josh's now wife, I was also seventeen at the time and Josh is quit abit older than me. They even called my parents to make sure they new where I was. I was in my own neighborhood. I lived right down from the park.
Thats not the only thing. When I would leave Josh's house at night I had this cop that followed me every night from the gas station across the street, all the way across town to my own drive way, and he would ride my ass the hole time. As a young girl I didn't feel safe at all. I was afraid to call the cops, What was I gonna say "Hey I have a cop following me?"
I even had a cop make me cry and took my licenses away for nothing. I was crossing the four lane and I didn't stop in the middle, there was no yield or stop sign and it was clear.
I've also been able to get out of my tickets because of the way I look and being a girl. I've also had alota problems out of a state trooper sitting on an old straight away back road, gave me a ten mile over speed limit when I had ppl passin me, and a one day expired tag to a vehicle I didn't even own.
josh

Nashville, TN

#18 Sep 19, 2008
bass Ackwards wrote:
I can agree in one instance. My wife got a ticket for her brake lights being out. She did not know. Who really checks every time. She called me while she was talking to him and I was going to come fix them right there seeing how it was not far but he still gave her a 65 dollar ticket. It seems the cops that used to be here had nowhere near tha attitude of some but not all now. That being said, you never know, someone near the park may have called him. There may have been complaints of people drinking there or maybe drug deals. And since he shined his light I assume it was at night in which I can see him being suspicious. Its a park where kids are so I would rather he took the time to check it out than to not give a crap and have drugs or something else go on that should not be there. Now as far as attitude goes, he should not have had one unless someone "COPS" one with him. No pun intended.
I can understand your point, and that wasn't really what i was getting at. The fact that the officer continued to treat me like a criminal or some punk by trying to intimidate me AFTER he had already realized that we weren't doing anything wrong. He acted this way up till the time him and his friend left, which for some reason found it necessary to join in on the power abusing.
Me in TN

Dillon, SC

#19 Sep 21, 2008
Sarah wrote:
I'm Josh's now wife, I was also seventeen at the time and Josh is quit abit older than me. They even called my parents to make sure they new where I was. I was in my own neighborhood. I lived right down from the park.
Thats not the only thing. When I would leave Josh's house at night I had this cop that followed me every night from the gas station across the street, all the way across town to my own drive way, and he would ride my ass the hole time. As a young girl I didn't feel safe at all. I was afraid to call the cops, What was I gonna say "Hey I have a cop following me?"
I even had a cop make me cry and took my licenses away for nothing. I was crossing the four lane and I didn't stop in the middle, there was no yield or stop sign and it was clear.
I've also been able to get out of my tickets because of the way I look and being a girl. I've also had alota problems out of a state trooper sitting on an old straight away back road, gave me a ten mile over speed limit when I had ppl passin me, and a one day expired tag to a vehicle I didn't even own.
when your 17 you are a MINOR, so yes they are gonna find out if your parents know where your are, when you have childern and they sneak out, youll wanna know the COPS you dont like called to let you know they have you daughter you thought was sleeping, and for the tickets, 10 over is speeding, dead tags on a car are dead tags on a car, whoever is driving is responsible for the car, if there would have been drugs in the car they would have been your drugs...
Me in TN

Dillon, SC

#20 Sep 21, 2008
Believe IT wrote:
Most cops are rude and mostly because they are on a power trip.Most of them were geeky little twetps that never had their voice heard until they joined MPD!
someones upset because they are either to fat to pass the pt or to dumb to pass the civil service exam

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morristown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Misty Ayers.....does anyone know how I can get ... 4 min Nurse123 4
Osha needs to visit kawasaki 22 min QWhos your dafdy 10
Tongues 1 hr Citizen 2
Bigger Liars Men or Women 1 hr spyguy 16
Incest is the best . Who's with me? 1 hr Hung daddy 9
Does he really love me (Jun '14) 2 hr lol 18
loads of bullshit at LAC 2 hr Mr Potato Head 27
Wreck on 25 9 hr Oldie 25

Morristown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Morristown Mortgages