Slow Poke Law, It's a Real Law

Posted in the Morristown Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Really

United States

#1 Apr 12, 2018
Currently not being enforced in this rubbish pile of a City.

http://www.wvlt.tv/content/news/Man-charged-i...
Interesting

United States

#2 Apr 12, 2018
Really wrote:

I never knew it was a law here. I get really frustrated with the idiot drivers around here who donít understand what the left lane is for.
Really

United States

#3 Apr 12, 2018
Interesting wrote:
<quoted text>

I never knew it was a law here. I get really frustrated with the idiot drivers around here who donít understand what the left lane is for.
Passed in 2016 because people in general are not courteous.
Bombardier

Bowling Green, KY

#4 Apr 12, 2018
Really wrote:
<quoted text>

Passed in 2016 because people in general are not courteous.
What highways in Morristown have three lanes in each direction?
MOVE OVER

Morristown, TN

#5 Apr 12, 2018
Really wrote:

They need to!! They would make their quota(s) in ONE DAY when they ticket your stupid texting playing on facebook slow a$$....
Good Friend

Morristown, TN

#7 Apr 13, 2018
Really wrote:

It's only applicable for highways with 3 lanes on each side of the road. I don't think there's roads like that in Hamblen County unless you are on the. interstate just driving through the county.
Slow pokes can be in either lane without breaking any laws.
Bombardier

Bowling Green, KY

#8 Apr 13, 2018
Good Friend wrote:
<quoted text>

It's only applicable for highways with 3 lanes on each side of the road. I don't think there's roads like that in Hamblen County unless you are on the. interstate just driving through the county.
There are none. The OP just looking for ways to bash Morristown. He/she didn't take the time to read the article and the law. Wound up looking like a dumbass.
Really

United States

#9 Apr 13, 2018
Good Friend wrote:
<quoted text>

Again, it is s law and principle should be enforced because people just are not courteous. You don't need to stay in the left lane for four miles for a turn down the road.

Since: Nov 08

Morristown

#10 Apr 13, 2018
Protip: With exception to slow moving trucks, the right lane is the new passing lane. Try it, it's liberating...at least until you get behind that moving van or semi.
Bad driver

United States

#11 Apr 13, 2018
Move over if you can, it isnít that hard!
Speeders kill

United States

#12 Apr 14, 2018
So, tell me this.
Let's say I am travelling in the leftmost lane on the interstate and the speed limit is 65 mph and I am going 65 mph. Some fat redneck who ain't had a bath in almost a week and hadn't brushed his teeth since Obammy was still in office pulls up behind me and starts having a sissy fit wanting me to move out of his way.

Seeing as I am going the speed limit I am obeying the law.
He wants me to move so he can exceed the limit and thus break the law.

I LOVE to make people obey the law. The speed limit doesmt say you can go faster if you feel like it.
Yield to the Morons

Morristown, TN

#13 Apr 14, 2018
Speeders kill wrote:
So, tell me this.
Let's say I am travelling in the leftmost lane on the interstate and the speed limit is 65 mph and I am going 65 mph. Some fat redneck who ain't had a bath in almost a week and hadn't brushed his teeth since Obammy was still in office pulls up behind me and starts having a sissy fit wanting me to move out of his way.

I LOVE to make people obey the law. The speed limit doesmt say you can go faster if you feel like it.
Let me get this straight. You think that you as a private citizen have the right to enforce the law and regulate traffic flow? Then you also wonder why people have road rage. Stay out of the idiot drivers' way and things will go a lot smoother for you and the morons. See the morons will pay their dues for reckless and rude driving.

By the way, impeding traffic flow even if you're doing the speed limit is also against the law and a person can be cited for it. I have seen State Troopers use their lights force left lane grazers over to the berm to get them out of the way. You are endangering others. Regardless if the highway is 2,3,4 or more lanes, slow moving traffic always stays to the right and pass on the left. By the way, passing on the right to get around you road vigilantes is also illegal and a person could be cited for that too. If we all could be courteous drivers many incidences could be avoided. That includes morons who think that riding someone's bumper is going to make them drive faster.
Bad driver

United States

#14 Apr 14, 2018
Citizens arrest lol. Driving in the fast lane to teach people to go the speed limit? You are a regular Batman huh?
Really

United States

#15 Apr 14, 2018
Bombardier wrote:
<quoted text>
There are none. The OP just looking for ways to bash Morristown. He/she didn't take the time to read the article and the law. Wound up looking like a dumbass.
Wound up making you look like an azzhole which you obviously are.
Good Friend

Morristown, TN

#17 Apr 14, 2018
Really wrote:
<quoted text>

Again, it is s law and principle should be enforced because people just are not courteous. You don't need to stay in the left lane for four miles for a turn down the road.
Your original comment was that it was not being enforced. I'm simply saying that the police can't enforce a law that doesn't apply. It might not be courteous to stay in the left lane but you can't be fined for it.
Really

United States

#18 Apr 14, 2018
Good Friend wrote:
<quoted text>

Your original comment was that it was not being enforced. I'm simply saying that the police can't enforce a law that doesn't apply. It might not be courteous to stay in the left lane but you can't be fined for it.
It's a local article. Geesh are you just too stupid to tell? Do you not comprehend the intent of the law?
Bombardier

Bowling Green, KY

#19 Apr 15, 2018
Really wrote:
<quoted text>

Wound up making you look like an azzhole which you obviously are.
Keep on dreaming. You bashed Morristown over a law that doesn't apply. What would you call that?
Good Friend

United States

#20 Apr 15, 2018
Really wrote:
<quoted text>

It's a local article. Geesh are you just too stupid to tell? Do you not comprehend the intent of the law?
It is a story from Knoxville, not Morristown. Don't you know the difference between a large city filled with interstates that just have exits and a small town filled with two lane roads where there are many reasons to turn to the left or right? The intent of the law is to keep the flow of traffic going smoothly on an insterstate so the cars aren't cutting in and out to the left and the right. The switching from one lane to another ends up with wrecks in the middle.
Step aside

Morristown, TN

#22 Apr 15, 2018
Good Friend wrote:
<quoted text>

Yes you can!

Since: Nov 08

Morristown

#23 Apr 15, 2018
Speeders kill wrote:
So, tell me this.

The law doesnt say you have to break the speed limit. IT doesn't even say you have to speed up at all. It says you have to move right for faster traffic. Or, put another way, STAY RIGHT UNLESS PASSING OR TURNING LEFT.

Think of it like this: a long time ago there were only 2 lane roads, right? One lane in each direction of travel. So you stayed in your lane at all times unless you needed to pass, right? You are actually supposed to do the same thing on a multi-lane highway, only moving left to pass and then moving back right again. But over time people forgot about that or were just never taught about it, and it became "drive straight in whatever lane you want based on relative speed" which is wrong. We're just trying to get things back to the way they were originally meant to be, but there is a lot of driving ignorance around here due to poor driver testing and education so you cannot convince most of these people that they have been wrong all along.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morristown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tim Carlyle is a greedy POS 46 min lol 6
Emmys 56 min JReb 2
News MAHLE Continues Long Tradition of Innovation on... (Sep '15) 1 hr Carlos 6
Morristown stop it 1 hr driver 4
4 kids 3 baby daddy 1 hr Tim 24
East High Student 1 hr Cane for Life 18
Melvin Shepard 2 hr Alpha222 45
East High Football 3 hr Kingfishers helmet 11
new construction on east end Sun Ghost 28

Morristown Jobs