Silver City Kennel selling puppies wi...

Silver City Kennel selling puppies with Coccidia

Posted in the Morristown Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Tonya

Waynesboro, VA

#1 Jun 14, 2011
I'm writing in hopes that someone might lead me in the right direction. We bought a puppy from Silver City Kennel on May 28th. We took the puppy to the vet on May 31st as per the sales agreement only to find out that the puppy had Coccidia and two days later three out of five of the family came down with Coccidiosis. Coccidia can be passed on to humans and our puppy did. If one puppy has it then the whole litter and or group of puppies can have it. Silver City Kennel had 5 puppies that day and when we where there, at least 15 humans held the puppies. I contacted Kimberly Marler the owner of Silver City Kennel and she said that she was very sorry and didn't know that the puppy had Coccidia. She said to mail her a copy of the Vet papers and she would refund our money up to the price of the puppy. (our vet bill well exceeded the amount we paid for the puppy, We've had to take the puppy back three times and our bill is over $600) Not to mention the cost of our meds. I sent the paper work to her at Silver City Kennel, Russellville, TN. 37860 and sent it Signature Confirmation Receipt. As of today 6-14-11 the U.S. Postal Service website states that they have tried to deliver the letter but the article is being refused.
Michele

Johnson City, TN

#2 Jul 27, 2011
At least you can get ahold of her. The puppy I got back in February had an umbilical hernia. We have tried to contact her since. Messages and messages. Still nothing in return. My puppy finally had the chance to have his surgery and it cost around $500.
MHS

Morristown, TN

#3 Jul 27, 2011
"Well, thats what you get when you buy from backyard breeders". That is what they will tell you when you call AKC. Sorry but there is really nothing legal you can do in Tennessee. People say there is laws and they are right just not in TN. If the lady refunds your money you really lucked up. Just love the puppy get it healthy and watch out next time. Besides running the kennel name into the ground there is nothing much you can do, because AKC will not back you up. They dont care, its sad but true. If you persue this further they will say you should have put the animal down and saved your money. I have been there and its a great loss. Good luck in whatever you decide to do.
Its whitesburg

Hermitage, TN

#4 Jul 27, 2011
Silver city kennel is whitesburg.
Puppy Love

Knoxville, TN

#5 Jul 28, 2011
Coccidia is very common in puppies. It is passed to the litter from the mother. My new pup had it about 2 months ago (she was a rescue from the streets).$10 for 5 tablets of medicine from the vet, all clear. They found it during a routine fecal check (no extra cost there). If you paid hundreds to get the coccidia take care of you were taken!!

I also had a couple of pups when I was younger that had coccidia, and it was never a big deal. Couple of doses of meds and all clear.
morkey lover

Columbia, SC

#6 Jul 28, 2011
We went there when we was looking for our puppy. I walked in, and there was atleast 20 different litters of puppies. And about 8-10 more dogs getting ready to have litters. There was at least 100 puppies. There is no way that one person can take care of that many puppies! We looked around, I told my wife I was not buying a puppy from a puppy mill! I could not belive that they where allowed to have that many puppies. I know several people that has gotten puppies there. Everyone of them have been sick!
If anyone knows a way to close this place down, I will gladly help. Just post whatever I need to do.
MHS

Morristown, TN

#7 Jul 28, 2011
Puppy Love wrote:
Coccidia is very common in puppies. It is passed to the litter from the mother. My new pup had it about 2 months ago (she was a rescue from the streets).$10 for 5 tablets of medicine from the vet, all clear. They found it during a routine fecal check (no extra cost there). If you paid hundreds to get the coccidia take care of you were taken!!
I also had a couple of pups when I was younger that had coccidia, and it was never a big deal. Couple of doses of meds and all clear.
Very true.. However left untreated coccidia can be deadly. Its is often mistaken for worms by owners. The first obvious sign is a pot belly same as worms.It is no more than an ifection. I am like you though, it is cheap to treat or atleast it was at my vets office. If this person payed $800+ for coccidia treatment. I am sorry to say, it wasnt the breeder who took the buyer it was the vet.
MHS

Morristown, TN

#8 Jul 28, 2011
morkey lover wrote:
We went there when we was looking for our puppy. I walked in, and there was atleast 20 different litters of puppies. And about 8-10 more dogs getting ready to have litters. There was at least 100 puppies. There is no way that one person can take care of that many puppies! We looked around, I told my wife I was not buying a puppy from a puppy mill! I could not belive that they where allowed to have that many puppies. I know several people that has gotten puppies there. Everyone of them have been sick!
If anyone knows a way to close this place down, I will gladly help. Just post whatever I need to do.
What breed of dogs do they have? I have never even heard of this place. I only ever bought my dogs from family breeders. You know, the ones who treat their dogs like family and not a paycheck.
tute

Nashville, TN

#9 Jul 29, 2011
Is this the kennel that is across from the recycling place that buys aluminum cans?

Since: Aug 11

United States

#11 Aug 22, 2011
tute wrote:
Is this the kennel that is across from the recycling place that buys aluminum cans?
YES. Very close.
great puppies

Morristown, TN

#12 Nov 26, 2011
My family and several of my friends refered her to me and i own two very healthy beautiful puppies ( now grown) she loves her dogs and takes well care of them. An umbilical hernia is nit a health risk its completly cosmetic like a person having a nose job. This is why people dont have a chance to succeed bc others want to tear them down. Dramatic poeple and trouble makers who want to gossip is all topix is about.
Rhonda

West Branch, MI

#13 Apr 27, 2012
great puppies wrote:
My family and several of my friends refered her to me and i own two very healthy beautiful puppies ( now grown) she loves her dogs and takes well care of them. An umbilical hernia is nit a health risk its completly cosmetic like a person having a nose job. This is why people dont have a chance to succeed bc others want to tear them down. Dramatic poeple and trouble makers who want to gossip is all topix is about.
Since you know Kim so well, maybe you should advise her to atleast respond to the complaint calls. She is obviously selling VERY sick puppies. If she loves them so much she would have returned our calls to see if our puppy lived after being in the ICU for 3 days! She is a coward and won't face that she is lying to people!
Concerned consumer

Nashville, TN

#14 May 5, 2012
I dont understand why people who never have been to this place can make an opinion. If you have never been there u dont know what goes on she does not treat her babies like a paycheck. You could buy from the best breeder on earth and you can never be sure on down the line what will happen she does not know what happens after her babies leave her care what new owners do. You cant take them back to a hotel room and leave them they are babies need constant care for the first six months. The lady that is claming her to be acoward how did u act? Some times people leave no choice but to be ignored or turned over to an attorney for slander. I have received 9 pupies from her between me and my family. in the last 5 years all perfectly healthy. That says alot!!!!!!! This woman is so dedicated to her babies that she does not go on vacation has sacrificed time with her family. So until you can walk in her shoes It is unfair to judge her or slander her name. God is the only one that can judge. WE all need to learn to be kind to one another.
Puppy mill dogs

Tazewell, TN

#15 May 5, 2012
A lot of these pet stores sell puppy mill puppies where diseases and parasites are the norm. Before buying a puppy ask what breeder they got them from. If they say a broker, chances are they came from a puppy mill. This is just a general statement. I'm not accusing this woman of being mill affiliated but hopefully it will spare someone a sick puppy in the future.
Cindy

Knoxville, TN

#16 Jun 9, 2012
I would never purchase something like a puppy thats going to live in my home and be a part of my family for hopefully at least a decade.That being said i was interested in purchasing a puppy from this woman UNTIL NOW ! this site has been very useful in making the choice NOT to use a breeder that has this many complaints against them ! IF she is a caring ,trustworthy breeder she should ALWAYS repond to a family thats purchased a puppy with health issues from her! We found her at the Smokey Mountain Flea Market off exit 407 in Kodak Tn. today .I decided to look her up today because she was at a flea market before going back tomorrow to purchase the puppy .Im not sure why she is so far from her Kennels location selling puppies ,but that and the fact there are several complaints she has NOT resolved is MORE than enough to make this buyer beware ! So that being said the information is very helpful ! This is just too many complaints to ignore for me to deal with ...Im looking for a breeder with less complaints against .Even if only half are true thats too many !!!!!
just wondering

Beaverton, OR

#17 Jul 3, 2012
My husband & I bought a puppy from Silver City Kennels at the Smokey Mt. Flea Mkt. saturday June 23, 2012, that following monday I took our puppy to our vet, our vet did a full body check up, fecal check, and also commented athow well his tail was docked, she said " His tail has been docked bya professional because "home" jobs aren't done this well, also his weight was where it should be.
Our pup is doing great! He eats and plays well and he is adapting great to his new home & family. I think the lady Kim that raises these pups spoils them, as we were leaving she ask to hold him and tell him goodbye she even went to his cage and gave me his favorite toy.
You take a chance when buying anything, even the top breeders can have sick puppies.
wont buy from her

Jefferson City, TN

#18 Jul 4, 2012
my sister also bought from here and it was a yorkie it also was sick and died we called her and she would not give her , her money back i tell people to stay away from here
Sue

Winchester, KY

#19 Aug 20, 2012
great puppies wrote:
I baught a shih-tzus Dec 2011 . She is the cutest, sweetest puppy we ever had. I was told to name my price for her. I would not take the world for her. She is our family member. Everyone ask where we got her. I recomand Kimberly to everyone. Chloe is so smart and cutest ever. We was not going to buy another dog untill we saw Kims puppys. We will buy from her again.
Disappointed

Tullahoma, TN

#20 Dec 28, 2012
Kimberly with Silver City Kennels sold mr a " chocolate " shih-tzu only to really be a solid white dog ! As the puppies hair started growing out , her roots were WHITE!!! As time went on she got whiter & whiter! I took her by to visit Kimberly and her comment was that the puppy was gonna be BLONDE! I replied I did NOT purchase a blond puppy! I purchased a chocolate! She really pulled one over on me! Very disappointed in her & the way she runs her business! Would not recommend...nothing but a puppy mill!
of course she did

Charlotte, NC

#21 Dec 28, 2012
Disappointed wrote:
Kimberly with Silver City Kennels sold mr a " chocolate " shih-tzu only to really be a solid white dog ! As the puppies hair started growing out , her roots were WHITE!!! As time went on she got whiter & whiter! I took her by to visit Kimberly and her comment was that the puppy was gonna be BLONDE! I replied I did NOT purchase a blond puppy! I purchased a chocolate! She really pulled one over on me! Very disappointed in her & the way she runs her business! Would not recommend...nothing but a puppy mill!
I learned my lesson with her years ago, she's no friend , a liar, no credibility watsoever.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morristown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I just took a shower.. 1 hr Nice guy 13
LIFESTYLES of The TROLLS WHO WISH THEY WAS FAMOUS 4 hr Queen T 9
Who is the sexiest country girl in town (Feb '11) 5 hr LeftHangin 97
Melissa Carson 5 hr Lisa 3
Witt Utility District (Jun '14) 6 hr Smoky Bear 63
News Woman fights to keep Morristown murderer in prison (Aug '11) 6 hr Hey! It's me! Wade! 26
Bull Dykes at Morristown Walmart 7 hr Lezbo Trolls 31

Morristown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Morristown Mortgages