Hamblen teacher fired over alleged relationship with student

Mar 20, 2007 Read more: WBIR-TV Knoxville 410
A tenured Morristown-East High School teacher is out of a job. He's accused of having a sexual relationship with a female student. Read more
First Prev
of 21
Next Last

“It is what it is!”

Since: Mar 07

Off The Beaten Path

#1 Mar 22, 2007
There has been 3 Teachers at East High "resign" or be "fired" that have had relationships with students. Mr. Crosby is the only one were the Parents are taking the steps for him to get punished. I blame the School Administration, Police, and Parents not taking care of the Students. Here in Morristown it is all about keeping a good appearance on the outside when the inside is just rotten.

“B THE CHANGE U WANT 2 C IN PPL”

Location hidden

#2 Apr 5, 2007
I happen to know two of these teachers who have resigned or been fired from East High School and they are two of the finest people I know. This was political!! The baseball coach was let go because he caused such a stir over the delayed finishing of Sherwood Park. Reportedly, our City Manager (Jim Crumley) called our Director of Schools and told him to "get that baseball coach off of my back" They removed him from the ball team and he opted to quit since he has an engineering degree and can make twice as much anywhere else. He only was teaching so he could coach.

The other one I know stood up for the baseball coach and supported him in his plight for his job, so she was set up and resigned before getting fired!!

As far as Mr. Crosby is concerned, I do not know him and I am told he has done what they said, but in light of the two I know, who knows what happened?!?!?!?

“It is what it is!”

Off The Beaten Path

#3 Apr 21, 2007
The Baseball Coach was having a affair with a student that worked at TCBY and if the Manager had not thought that it was weird that the Coach was there flirting with the girl on almost every shift she worked. The other teacher was having a affair with one of the School Board's kids. So I guess it was Political.
softballmom

Hollywood, FL

#4 Apr 26, 2007
Apparently, you have believed the gossip about both of these teachers. I will post here and tell you that it is WRONG!! I know both of these teachers personally as well as the families involved with the alleged "affairs". There was no affair in each ordeal.

The baseball coach was fired for the reason I stated, he caused too much of a stir about the baseball field and they got rid of him because the City Manager wanted the coach "off of his back" ( The city manger's words, not mine!) As far as the school board's kid, this was a set up to get rid of this teacher since she stood up for the baseball coach. This School Board member and his wife are good friends of mine and they like to stir up trouble and will go along with whatever the Director of Schools wants done (and the City Manager). The Director of Schools does not like the "boat rocked" and will get rid of anyone who does, and he has done this in the past several times!
You Think You Know

Maryville, TN

#5 Apr 26, 2007
This is not the first time Mr. Crosby has been in trouble for this. With the same girl I might add.

Softballmom, you may want to re-check your facts as I know first hand what happened with the coach. I know firsthand because he is my brother! He is my brother and I love him but he isn't innocent. His actions have torn our family apart. Yes, he wanted the park finished but no, this was not the reason he was told to resign. He did not "opt to quit". He had no choice but to resign. Do I condone what he did? Absolutley NOT! But he made his bed and now he is having to lie in it. If you know him so well then you know me well also. Yes, he had an affair with his student. Yes, he got caught. Yes, he is paying the price for it. As is our family.

As far as the other teacher goes he isn't allowed to say much about her case but she too was having an affair with a student.

The truth will hopefully be public soon. Until then please do not assume you know it all. When clearly you do not!
You Think You Know

Maryville, TN

#6 Apr 26, 2007
I forgot to include this in my previous post.

Softballmom, I know exactly who you are. Please step off your high horse.

“It is what it is!”

Off The Beaten Path

#7 Apr 28, 2007
I feel bad for your family, I know it must be hard to try to keep it together.

I think that this should be made public as well. Not to embarass anyone but to put a face to the overwhelming problem of teacher/student relationships. It just shows that the School's here in Hamblen County are not as perfect as Mr. Lynch would have us parents believe.
You Think You Know

Maryville, TN

#8 Apr 28, 2007
It is hard to keep it together but we are managing. It is also hard to not take his side. I mean he is family. But regardless we can't condone his actions as his actions were wrong!

No, Hamblen County schools aren't as perfect as Mr. Lynch likes to portray them to be. We send our children to school each day thinking they are safe when they aren't. It is bad enough that we have to worry about bullies, threats, bomb threats, etc. but we also have to worry about student/teacher affairs.

I want both sides of the story to be made public. Yes my family will suffer more embarrassment but that is a small price to pay if it could possibly prevent some other student from falling into the trap they set.

“It is what it is!”

Off The Beaten Path

#9 Apr 28, 2007
I totally agree with you on this situation.
Your family are in my prayers.
You Think You Know

Maryville, TN

#10 Apr 28, 2007
Thank You so much. You can never have to many prayers!!
softballmom

Dalton, GA

#11 May 8, 2007
I guess I stand corrected. If I am guilty of anything it is believing what I was told.

I do not want to appear to be on a high horse. I was only defending what I thought I knew to be true.

Your family is in my prayers. I know each of you well and had no idea the family was going through this. I apologize for my comments and from now on will refrain from defending anyone.

Obviously, you cannot believe anything you are told!!
Learn the Facts

Maryville, TN

#12 May 8, 2007
You don't have to apologize for defending anyone. I just wanted the truth to be known.

No you can't believe anything you are told unless it comes straight from the horses mouth and truth be told we may not know EVERYTHING either.

My motto is believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see.
softballmom

Dalton, GA

#13 May 8, 2007
My source did come straight from the horse's mouth, the coach himself!

I feel like such a fool for believing him and for hurting his great family with my comments on this board. I know all of them very well.
Learn the Facts

Maryville, TN

#14 May 9, 2007
In an earlier post you stated "the city managers words and mot mine."
William

Nashville, TN

#15 May 9, 2007
I laughed at the fact that the students were stuped enough to let the teachers do that to them
softballmom

Dalton, GA

#16 May 9, 2007
The reason I stated the "city manager's words and not mine" is that part is true. My dad works for the city and he is the one who told me that the City Manager said that. My dad has known the City Manager for over 40 years since they grew up together in Johnson City. The city manager told my dad that. Our baseball booster club was also told by the Parks and Rec manager that the City Manager has said that to him.
softballmom

Dalton, GA

#17 May 9, 2007
One more thing, everything I posted in earlier posts is what I was told and believed. The only thing I now believe to be true is what the City Manager said, because I have had too many people to tell me that he said the same thing. Plus, I do believe my dad!!

“It is what it is!”

Off The Beaten Path

#18 May 9, 2007
That's what is wrong with the City of Morristown, They hire people like Crumbly and Lynch both from outside of the County. And then when they mess up they hide it from everyone. The Citizen's of Hamblen County should demand that these incidents are looked into.
Crumbly and Lynch both got some healthy raises this year and the City employees are getting nothing. Both left there previous employers under a scandal.
softballmom

Dalton, GA

#19 May 9, 2007
Morristown Resident, you said a mouthful!!! Did you read the article in the paper just last night (Tuesday)? Jim Crumley says he wants to put a garbage tax on the citizens of Hamblen County and it would be $10.00 per house. IF the homeowner doesn't pay it, their water and electricity would be cut off!!!! How can he even say he would do such a thing, much less try to do it?????
Learn the Facts

Maryville, TN

#20 May 9, 2007
Softballmom, I too would believe my Dad. But in all honesty this had nothing to do with Sherwood Park or anything related to it. It had to do with my brother making a huge mistake. One our family is paying for.

If you know my family as well you state you know his actions have done to us.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 21
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morristown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Am I Doing Something Wrong? 9 min hahahahaha 35
Looking for a Female English Bulldog to breed w... (Jan '11) 20 min Carrie Nelson 87
adultery 24 min yuck 29
needing a roommate 37 min Dogwood 2
wanna know 53 min sassy 2
Dustin & Justin the twin boys (Dec '09) 1 hr Facts 54
Need house/apt for illegal immigrant 1 hr Trying to help 1
CITY COUNCIL Morristown 5 hr Midnite Caller 52
Giving Oral Sex (Jan '11) 8 hr ann 42
More from around the web

Morristown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]