Favorite Hidden Restaurants

Posted in the Morristown Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Questionaire

Morristown, TN

#1 Feb 4, 2012
New to town. Can anyone tell me some good restaurants that I might overlook? I like to try food other than chain restaurants. Thanks.
Jess

Morristown, TN

#2 Feb 4, 2012
CJ Papadops is a "best secret" restaurant.

http://www.cjpapadops.com/
Manwhoknows

United States

#3 Feb 4, 2012
Since your new to town let me warn you that Morristowns Topix page is very active with trolls, pessimist, and psychotic people. Dont believe anything you hear on this site. And, Davy Crockett restaurant on East Morris Blvd is pretty good. Try their open face roast beef sandwich... mmmmmmm
momof2

United States

#4 Feb 4, 2012
Jersey Girl in downtown Morristown. It is great but only open for dinner on Friday and Saturday. Lunch is good too. Also for lunch Uncle Franks now known as The Cutting Board behind Walgreens at AJ and Morris Blvd. both Facebook pages.
Liza

Morristown, TN

#5 Feb 4, 2012
Fox and Hounds in newport. That new coffee shop in the mall.
critic

Morristown, TN

#6 Feb 4, 2012
Manwhoknows wrote:
Since your new to town let me warn you that Morristowns Topix page is very active with trolls, pessimist, and psychotic people. Dont believe anything you hear on this site. And, Davy Crockett restaurant on East Morris Blvd is pretty good. Try their open face roast beef sandwich... mmmmmmm
That is one of the worse restaurants in Morristown. I have been there twice and will never go back. I only went back the second time to give it another chance. There food is Terrible.
When Roger had the Sizzler, he had good food.
critic

Morristown, TN

#7 Feb 4, 2012
momof2 wrote:
Jersey Girl in downtown Morristown. It is great but only open for dinner on Friday and Saturday. Lunch is good too. Also for lunch Uncle Franks now known as The Cutting Board behind Walgreens at AJ and Morris Blvd. both Facebook pages.
Jersey Girl is good. The Ruben is very good. I haven't tried the Cutting Board.
jersey girl

Herndon, VA

#8 Feb 4, 2012
It is great! Check their hours first before you go. You need to try the grouper sandwich if you like fish it's great and the potato soup is wonderful
concerned about kids

Morristown, TN

#9 Feb 4, 2012
Questionaire wrote:
New to town. Can anyone tell me some good restaurants that I might overlook? I like to try food other n chain restaurants. Thanks.
Hillbilly Cabin is great!!!!!!!!
love to eat

United States

#10 Feb 4, 2012
The mountain cooking it's next to Freds in Talbott it's really good !!
Patron

Greer, SC

#11 Feb 4, 2012
Best kept secret is not a secret , it's Justins Restaurant . Papadops is great food , however they are seasonal. You might want to try Kyoto
For japanese .
i just love it

United States

#12 Feb 5, 2012
Smoking joes! I just tried this place myself. Got a GREAT ribeye steak, two sides and a drink for $11. The steak was one if not the best I have had in this town. My son got the ribs, there are no other ribs around here, even come close! The place was great! I just hope the don't fall off like most restaurants do after a few months.
Public relations

Morristown, TN

#13 Feb 5, 2012
What about the Grease Rack? Are they still open?
ctnpt

Morristown, TN

#14 Feb 5, 2012
Public relations wrote:
The last time I was there it was only open on weekends.
Jess

Morristown, TN

#15 Feb 5, 2012
Public relations wrote:
YES, the Grease Rack was another great restaurant. I would also be interested to know if they are still open.
critic

Morristown, TN

#16 Feb 5, 2012
I have been to the Hillside for lunch and it was very good.
I believe I have the name correct. It were Angelos was located.
Jess

Morristown, TN

#17 Feb 5, 2012
critic wrote:
I have been to the Hillside for lunch and it was very good.
I believe I have the name correct. It were Angelos was located.
I have eaten at Angelos and Little Dutch. Why they changed the name to Hillside Grill, I do not know. The food at either restaurant is exceptional. The service is equally great.
critic

Morristown, TN

#18 Feb 5, 2012
Jess wrote:
<quoted text>I have eaten at Angelos and Little Dutch. Why they changed the name to Hillside Grill, I do not know. The food at either restaurant is exceptional. The service is equally great.
Agree.
Angelos has Angelos on the Green in Baneberry and Angelos at the Point in Dandridge. I have not been to either one. Anyone been to either one?
Jess

Morristown, TN

#19 Feb 5, 2012
critic wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree.
Angelos has Angelos on the Green in Baneberry and Angelos at the Point in Dandridge. I have not been to either one. Anyone been to either one?
I have not been to either of those restaurants, but my aunt recommends the lemon chicken at the Baneberry location. The Dandridge restaurant is having problems with music license and that may put a damper on their business. I feel certain that the food is still marvelous. I can live without karaoke, but not the fried mushrooms.
critic

Morristown, TN

#20 Feb 5, 2012
Puleo's Grille in Strawberry Plains has very good food. It is located just off I 40 exit 398.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morristown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Want to see you 49 min Kewl kewel 11
no more women for me (Feb '11) 1 hr Jung 31
Goforths 8 hr Yes 2
sexiest man at LAC 10 hr luke the spook 1
Fire on Anderson bend 11 hr Five 2
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Tennessee ... (Oct '10) 11 hr Just now 86
Jonathan Ramsey (Oct '11) 13 hr Unknown 10
fire at the top of motown 17 hr Truths 22

Morristown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Morristown Mortgages