Justins Restaurant
i just love it

Morristown, TN

#63 Sep 15, 2012
liquor by the drink wrote:
Back when Mr Brooks was trying to make a name for hisself he made a big deal to make sure everyone heard about him saying that his restaurant would always be closed on Sunday. Why was that?Why did he think being closed on Sunday was a good thing?
You must not know much about him or his business. He did the whole closing on Sunday after he had already been in business for 15yrs. He did it because he wanted to let his employees have the change to go to church on Sunday. However I guess he had to stop being closed on Sunday because of the economy. Everyone has bashed him because of it and questioned his faith, but he did what he had to do to keep the doors open. I bet the employees would much rather keep their jobs as to be off on Sunday.
yourdaddy423

Morristown, TN

#64 Sep 15, 2012
f#%k justins
Shameful

Morristown, TN

#65 Sep 15, 2012
It is a shame that people will get on here and try so hard to hurt other people. It is nothing but jealousy or revenge over being fired..If you do read this, Gene or Kelly, do not even get on here any more..It is nothing but immature, vengeful people who would do this. Don't even read these comments. You are both business people, and I know that you do so much good stuff for less fortunate people. Such as "Hearts for Christ". Their work goes far beyond the local area, it is international. Also, the child that they adopted who is accused of lying, is just that, a child. It is no telling what kind of life they rescued her from. Some people get a thrill from hurting others, and a lot of these posters are the same person just changing their name. You hold your heads up high, and don't let these venom seekers get you down...God knows the good that you do, and what you are going through, and He will protect you and He will seek His own revenge for His children.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#66 Sep 16, 2012
I could put that place out of bissness if I had the money to open my own joint... After 6 months of my restaurant grand opening night the rats and roach bugs will have setup shop if they haven't already thank you that is all
unit 1

United States

#67 Sep 16, 2012
Shameful wrote:
It is a shame that people will get on here and try so hard to hurt other people. It is nothing but jealousy or revenge over being fired..If you do read this, Gene or Kelly, do not even get on here any more..It is nothing but immature, vengeful people who would do this. Don't even read these comments. You are both business people, and I know that you do so much good stuff for less fortunate people. Such as "Hearts for Christ". Their work goes far beyond the local area, it is international. Also, the child that they adopted who is accused of lying, is just that, Ya child. It is no telling what kind of life they rescued her from. Some people get a thrill from hurting others, and a lot of these posters are the same person just changing their name. You hold your heads up high, and don't let these venom seekers get you down...God knows the good that you do, and what you are going through, and He will protect you and He will seek His own revenge for His children.
You dont know them at all or ur insane. Slip n the back door and see for yourself. Just what they are. You ever hear you dont really know anybody till youwork for them or marry them....
LetItOut

Jefferson City, TN

#68 Sep 16, 2012
I used to go to Justins but had a couple bad experiences with food there and refuse to go back. Besides Gene Brooks is an ASS! He thinks he is so much better than anyone...money money money!!! I refuse to eat there and didn't and will never vote for him in anything he runs for.
Thegratefulemplo yeeBEL

Morristown, TN

#69 Oct 16, 2012
Gene Brooks is the nicest man i've met i worked for him a year and a half and he still lets me pick up a shift as i need the money. When i needed a letter of recommendation he said he could help, now he can be hard on some employees at times but this is his life this is what puts food on his table this man works at his establishment as he sees fit hes not to high and mighty to go wash dishes even,he helps out in the community even at the local soup kitchen there is no liquor in justin's because if he believed in it he would sell it it would help his business even but he doesnt because he has his beliefs. He has the nicest family and they make you feel welcome they reward hard working people i once got a extra $80 on my check and he said it was because all of the hard work i do for him I love this man to death and i could have never asked for a better boss.
Amy

Morristown, TN

#70 Oct 16, 2012
amen wrote:
true story...years ago gene opened a little resturant in Jefferson City called Memories,there was a little chunky girl that worked there as a waitress.Gene came in one afternoon and this girl had recieved a $5 tip off a big table and back then that was a very big tip.What comment did Gene Brooks make?????? He told this young lady that if she lost weight and wasnt so big she would make tips like that everyday and people didnt want fat waitresses!!!!!!! If only she had taken him to the labor board or got a lawyer and sued him..I have never eaten at one of his places since 1981 and will never.Christian??? far from it...ass? yep
. I know the girl your talking about. I worked there for awhile. She was always mistreated by Gene because of her weight. He use to have his wife Brenda and two little girls come in and eat dinner, they were hardly be out the door before his girlfriend Debbie would come in and sit all loved up. All they customers saw him but he didn't care. Now he and Kelly act like they want to save the world by adopting these kids when he never took care of the three he had with Brenda. He's a piece of crap, while his family was going without he was out chasing women. Now he wants everyone to think he's this devoted Christan man. Give me a break!!!
Saved

Morristown, TN

#71 Oct 17, 2012
Amy wrote:
<quoted text>. I know the girl your talking about. I worked there for awhile. She was always mistreated by Gene because of her weight. He use to have his wife Brenda and two little girls come in and eat dinner, they were hardly be out the door before his girlfriend Debbie would come in and sit all loved up. All they customers saw him but he didn't care. Now he and Kelly act like they want to save the world by adopting these kids when he never took care of the three he had with Brenda. He's a piece of crap, while his family was going without he was out chasing women. Now he wants everyone to think he's this devoted Christan man. Give me a break!!!
Thank God in Heaven we have a Saviour, because all of us are sinners saved by Grace..Gene has his faults and has done his share of making mistakes. I do believe he is now a changed man. His life in the past is between him and God. God does give us breaks, and I am so thankful that He does, if not, we would all be doomed! As you can see from all these posts, everyone has an opinion, some good ones, some bad ones. All I can say is, thank God for His forgiving grace through Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour!
Bepop

Morristown, TN

#72 Oct 17, 2012
Gene Brooks and Kelly are very intimating and just down right mean to the workers. Be there when the employees get there first thing of the morning. See what goes on and for liquor yes he has it in the back. I know when I worked for him I was sent to [email protected] to buy it he has credit there. The truth will stand when the world falls. Yes I worked for him and I know exactly what goes on. I try to be nice and kind to everyone but with ppl like him and Kelly you can't. So I went to work gave him honest days work and didn't bother them. Employees try to be nice to each other for the most part and help each other because if something goes wrong and somebody gets behind they try to help each other get caught because Gene will stand and cuss you or whoever is behind. Ask around about the ppl he's paid off when someone got sick because of meat that's been left out.
knows better

Morristown, TN

#73 Oct 17, 2012
Bepop wrote:
Gene Brooks and Kelly are very intimating and just down right mean to the workers. Be there when the employees get there first thing of the morning. See what goes on and for liquor yes he has it in the back. I know when I worked for him I was sent to [email protected] to buy it he has credit there. The truth will stand when the world falls. Yes I worked for him and I know exactly what goes on. I try to be nice and kind to everyone but with ppl like him and Kelly you can't. So I went to work gave him honest days work and didn't bother them. Employees try to be nice to each other for the most part and help each other because if something goes wrong and somebody gets behind they try to help each other get caught because Gene will stand and cuss you or whoever is behind. Ask around about the ppl he's paid off when someone got sick because of meat that's been left out.


You don't know what your talking about I have been through that entire building NO liquor any where. Never have I heard Gene swear. As for getting upset with employees maybe but thats because you can't fix stupid or lazy. I bet you fell in one of those catigories.Never have I seen anything left out. and how stupid why would anyone pay anyone off (if) they got sick. No one I have ever heard of would do that and I've been in food business 20 plus years. The health department visits every establishment regularly and certificates are left informing all of any violations or corrections required. its pass or fail period and you ain't buying them off. So I guess he just hides the left out stuff before their random visit huh ? If a bussineses doors are closed for a day or two with no explanation then you know they were told to close till the issues are corrected. some issues get thru anywhere but not for long and I've never seen an unexplained closing their. Nothing you say makes any sense at all. It should be A crime to post unfounded garbage on here it's slanderous and vendictive obviously
please

Morristown, TN

#74 Oct 17, 2012
BITEDOWN wrote:
I could put that place out of bissness if I had the money to open my own joint... After 6 months of my restaurant grand opening night the rats and roach bugs will have setup shop if they haven't already thank you that is all
Ahh come on he doesn't come to your work and throw rocks at you when your fetchin the grocery buggies
RIF

Morristown, TN

#75 Oct 17, 2012
liquor by the drink wrote:
Back when Mr Brooks was trying to make a name for hisself he made a big deal to make sure everyone heard about him saying that his restaurant would always be closed on Sunday. Why was that?Why did he think being closed on Sunday was a good thing?
Check this book out you may have heard of it it's called the Bible it's in there. although the tradition is out dated it was a better time when it was in place and money wasn't all that mattered
sole

Morristown, TN

#76 Oct 17, 2012
down south jukin wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know how the people at the register stand it-smells like a combination of bad breath and a$$.
It goes away when you do
concerned customer

United States

#77 Oct 17, 2012
manup wrote:
Gene Brooks and his wife are nothing but liars, thieves, hiring kids to work for them..That are under age changing their yrs the workers that are too young to work. I KNOW I've dealt with both of them. And they put in the paper they vote NO as to drinking in Morristown..Well that's a lie I've seen with my own eyes his stash for certain customers..Also they are big Church goers that's all a cover up. They treat their employees like trash..Well in the end they will face it all JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE!!!!
I don't know where you seen the "stash" but you must have been using your stash at the time!! gene is the most honest person I know . he is just human like the rest of us but if someone needs and deserves help he is there for them so stop your misleading posts shut up!
sole

Morristown, TN

#78 Oct 17, 2012
so true wrote:
<quoted text>
THE REASON IT SMELLS SO BAD IN THERE IS CAUSE THEY ARE SO INFRESTED WITH ROACHES THAT THEY HAVE TO USE THIS STUFF CALLED ORTHEN FROM THE CO/OP AND THEY SPRAY IT EVERY NIGHT. THAT PLACE IS SO NASTY I WOULDNT WANT TO FEED MY KIDS FROM THERE
hmm I looked all over the internet can't find anything called orthen. must be new
Bepop

Morristown, TN

#79 Oct 18, 2012
concerned customer wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know where you seen the "stash" but you must have been using your stash at the time!! gene is the most honest person I know . he is just human like the rest of us but if someone needs and deserves help he is there for them so stop your misleading posts shut up!
You must not leave the farm much..lol Go work a day for the rightous one.
Seths mom

United States

#80 Oct 18, 2012
Last night he went beyond all decency! He threathened to hit one of his employees and she got it on her phone! Police were called and its my understanding charges were filed. Hope she sues and the labor board closes him down! He has always hired kids and used & abused them! Had many of my kids friends work there and tell horror tales of this man and his "Christian" ways! I don't know why anyone would eat there! Last time we went there roaches were crawling everywhere and the smell was bad. We ended up leaving and didn't eat, it was so horrible! Don't understand how he could be such a bad person and yet still profess to be a "Christian"....he gives Christians a bad name!
Score of 100

Nashville, TN

#81 Oct 18, 2012
http://dogwood.healthspace.com/tdh
Facility Location:
1825 W Andrew Johnson Highway
Morristown

Facility Inspection History:
Click on an inspection link below to see additional details

# of Critical Violations on Last Inspection: 0
# of Non-Critical Violations on Last Inspection: 0

Inspection Type Inspection Date Violations Score
Onsite Visit Inspection 5-Oct-2012 0 critical 100
Follow Up Inspection 26-Sep-2012 0 critical 82
Complaint Inspection 13-Sep-2012 4 critical 63
Follow Up Inspection 15-Mar-2012 0 critical 80
Routine Inspection 5-Mar-2012 2 critical 68
Follow Up Inspection 2-Nov-2011 2 critical 75
Routine Inspection 18-Oct-2011 2 critical 75
Routine Inspection 1-Jun-2011 0 critical 88
Routine Inspection 21-May-2011 3 critical 74
Follow Up Inspection 11-Oct-2010 0 critical 84
Routine Inspection 28-Sep-2010 2 critical 74
Follow-up Inspection 29-Mar-2010 0 critical 85
Complete Inspection 18-Mar-2010 2 critical 75
Follow-up Inspection 30-Oct-2009 0 critical 84
Complete Inspection 19-Oct-2009 1 critical 79
Follow-up Inspection 11-May-2009 0 critical 86
YUK

Morristown, TN

#82 Oct 18, 2012
Attention!!! All you Fans of Justin's Restaurant. If you eat there after smelling the sewage that's contaminated the air your sick or let's say gonna be. It like a chemical in the air and can you imagine what it's doing to the food??? What idiot would think of eating in a pace like that??? Example!
http://m.naturalnews.com/news/031020_toothbru...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morristown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Temporary 19 min jtket slave 2
Does anyone know Heidi? 20 min Finally 2
Does anyone know Heidi Herman? 1 hr 1off 1
18+ year old girls 3 hr Done this before 1
Desperate women and gals 3 hr Ha ha 56
Poll Flirting is the same thing as cheating.... (Dec '10) 3 hr Ha ha 52
News Meritor plans expansion of Morristown facility (Aug '11) 3 hr Broom hilda 25

Morristown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Morristown Mortgages