Anyone?
Dutch

Morristown, TN

#2 Aug 21, 2012
Currently or the old days?
a fan

Monroe, NC

#3 Aug 21, 2012
Joey ellison- he's badass in 40 till 5 :)
my opinion

United States

#4 Aug 21, 2012
Probably no one has seen him play much live but J.R. Johnson is pretty good. I saw him play at the hill deal a few years ago up at the copperheads. He nailed crazy train. Like listening to the radio.
kittenmonica

United States

#5 Aug 21, 2012
Gavin Mahan
biggal

Parsons, TN

#6 Aug 21, 2012
Craig Carroll
jessie

Powell, TN

#7 Aug 21, 2012
Philip Sandifer. Hands down!
the GREAT many

Butler, TN

#8 Aug 21, 2012
Stanley Lemmons and Tim Smyth
Craig

Morristown, TN

#9 Aug 21, 2012
Craig that hangs at Applebee's is the best around. Has been for years.

“To b or Not to be...”

Since: Nov 10

Russellville, Tn

#10 Aug 21, 2012
James Livesay...he's freaking awesome, & can sing like no other too! ;))
musiclover88

Monroe, NC

#11 Aug 21, 2012
Joey Ellison-Best guitarist and best lay hands down
Whisky rock a roller

United States

#12 Aug 21, 2012
Tim smyth
youngguns

Knoxville, TN

#13 Aug 21, 2012
gordon ray is a younger guy but he can really rock hard
heard of him

Nashville, TN

#14 Aug 21, 2012
Ya gordon ray is good he can write stuff well too. lotta guitar players around here just do covers....for a tall boy he can really get down
J R Johnson

United States

#15 Aug 22, 2012
I appreciate being mentioned but I'm not the best lol. I haven't even picked up a guitar in probably 5 years. There's a lot of good ones but probably Philip is the best technical guitarist but he's not very fast. Neither is joey. There's a guy named Charles that's been playing around here for years. Everyone called him chuck....he's the best I ever seen
Jess

Morristown, TN

#16 Aug 22, 2012
the GREAT many wrote:
Stanley Lemmons and Tim Smyth
These guys are way old, that philip guy is pretty old too, these guys are all over 50, these are the guys my parents hung out with before I was born. lets hear it for some you guys, where its happening now, not a bunch of old coots.
J R Johnson

United States

#17 Aug 22, 2012
Jess wrote:
<quoted text>
These guys are way old, that philip guy is pretty old too, these guys are all over 50, these are the guys my parents hung out with before I was born. lets hear it for some you guys, where its happening now, not a bunch of old coots.
so is zakk wylde and Angus young and a few others but they can still play....like I said I haven't touched a guitar in 5 years or more but i could still probably put to shame some of the younger guys here. Too much other crap goes in to playing nowadays instead of bein a plug in and play guitarist like i was. I didn't even own a foot pedal. If I couldn't make the sound I needed with the guitar and my fingers then I didn't need to make the sound.
Dana

Morristown, TN

#18 Aug 22, 2012
Jess wrote:
<quoted text>
Rude just rude. The older generation (80's & 90's) were and ARE some of the best this town has ever heard. Philip, Stan, Tim, Lynn, Lloyd, Randy, Helms, etc. are just a few of the best. "Pretty old" is how you referred to the "philip guy" ? That's just asinine, darlin'. Try some respect.
Batman

White Pine, TN

#19 Aug 22, 2012
Mike Mantooth
the GREAT many

Butler, TN

#20 Aug 22, 2012
Jess wrote:
<quoted text>
you are an idiot

I guess Eric Clapton is no good because he is old

If Randy Rhoads was still alive he would be over 50 ..so write him off I guess

Joe Satriani is 56 guess he is not any good

Steve Vai is 52 lets all say a 22 year old is better...

LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morristown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sykes new call center in Morristown (Sep '15) 4 min Lol yes 229
What happened to the Smoking Thread? 17 min Lora 11
Roberto Silva 1 hr Aptwy 34
Sarah Mitchell 1 hr Thomas 4
who is the best black guy in bed (Apr '14) 1 hr Casey Williams 81
Poll Does the Citizen Tribune suck? Yes or No and Why? (Feb '10) 2 hr SubscriberNwhites... 68
Worst Lawyers in Moristown...... (Apr '12) 2 hr Hatin on Beth 120

Morristown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Morristown Mortgages