what dust or spray will kill potatoe bugs

Posted in the Morristown Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
patricia

United States

#1 May 27, 2010
I have always used sevin dust but this doesnt seem to be working too well this year so I was wondering if anyone has had any luck with another product? The pototoe bugs are really bad this year and the frustration is horrible-any suggestions?
curious

United States

#2 May 27, 2010
What are potato bugs?
Simple Joe

Morristown, TN

#3 May 28, 2010
They are becoming immune to most products now unless you are licensed and can get some really powerful stuff. Just have to pick them off.
Patriot 1

Knoxville, TN

#4 May 28, 2010
Ortho Bug b gone worked pretty good for me

“lets get autonomous!”

Since: Jul 08

nottingham

#5 May 28, 2010
try grinding some habenaro (sp?) peppers in the blender, mix with some water and spray that on your plants. you will want to wash them before you eat them, but it seems to work fairly well.
natural

AOL

#6 May 28, 2010
You can get Naturalyte insect control at co-op its a spray. it comes in 8 oz bottle and takes 4 tablespoons per gallon water. this helped mine when 7dust quit working good luck
wee little boots

Seymour, TN

#7 May 28, 2010
we also use Sevin or Seven how ever its spelled but it seems to work very well for our potatoes and sweet potatoes
Potato Head

Morristown, TN

#8 May 28, 2010
Gromit wrote:
try grinding some habenaro (sp?) peppers in the blender, mix with some water and spray that on your plants. you will want to wash them before you eat them, but it seems to work fairly well.
Do you really eat "potatoe" plants?
Ohio girl

Roanoke, VA

#10 May 28, 2010
Best thing to do is go out early in the morning
and pick them off. I think dad always crushed them I would just give him the can when I was done. We had a huge garden when I was a kid that is what we always did.

“lets get autonomous!”

Since: Jul 08

nottingham

#11 May 28, 2010
Potato Head wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really eat "potatoe" plants?
not really, but i spray everything in my garden
everyone

Nashville, TN

#12 May 29, 2010
The best thing ever my mom has always used and it has always worked very well is ORTHENE 97 you can buy it at any co op place trust me it works on any bugs .She uses it in her garden and has for so many years.
Granny 2010

Morristown, TN

#13 Jun 3, 2010
patricia wrote:
I have always used sevin dust but this doesnt seem to be working too well this year so I was wondering if anyone has had any luck with another product? The pototoe bugs are really bad this year and the frustration is horrible-any suggestions?
We mixed one cup of Diapel to one cup of flour (kitchen flour) and dusted cabbage, tomatoes, and it helped.
Garden Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#14 May 26, 2012
Go to your local home improvement center and get some of this http://www.saferbrand.com/store/insect-contro...
It may take a couple of days to do the job...but the little buggers can NOT become Immune to the effect, and it is not toxic to humans or pets ( but don't breathe the dust...not good for your lungs.) if you want a reference, google food grade diatomaceous earth uses for killing insects.
husband knows

United States

#15 May 26, 2012
My husband says seven dust works and would try that as your first option. A second option you may also want to consider is thiodan. I hope this helps your crops!
Joe

Dandridge, TN

#16 May 26, 2012
pee on them
Old Timer

Dandridge, TN

#17 May 26, 2012
Roundup for sure, it will get them all.
try it

Virgie, KY

#18 May 26, 2012
I always use bean dust on my potatoes put it on thick.
tammy with a silk valley

Nashville, TN

#19 May 28, 2012
I shake my Decollette at them.
ghosttrain

Morristown, TN

#20 May 29, 2012
Don't use seven dust,it only fattens them up.
west virginian

Parkersburg, WV

#21 Jun 1, 2012
we use lime dust. I was just wondering if you dusted after the potatoes bloom will it hurt the potatoes underground?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morristown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
moving to Morristown 37 min suggestion 2
Whats the diffrence between Jews and Money? 2 hr Truthmongerdotinfo 6
Need Massage (Aug '14) 2 hr Itsme 16
Alpha McDonalds WiFi Guru 2 hr Pam 7
tonya brady 3 hr Friend of 5
Unfair Treatment at Riteway LLC 3 hr SMH 19
another topix picnic... (Oct '09) 3 hr SMH 15
QUESTION, What type of woman contacts a Married... 5 hr Lol 31
More from around the web

Morristown People Search