First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Observer

Morristown, TN

#1 Feb 28, 2013
Can someone please tell me why the people in Morristown are so dumb and retarded? I have been in many towns in many states and I can honestly say that there are more stupid ignorant people in Morristown than any other place I have been. It is amazing that so many morons can live in the same small town. I would like to know if anyone knows why this is. I have been told it is due to a very serious local inbreeding epidemic that causes the people here to just be born slow and dumb. I have also been told thatthe local schools have never been up to the national standards. Another person also told me that there was some kind of local pollutant in the air & water supply that may have done some serious damage to people here. Does anyone know why people born in Morristown are so retarded? I am not trying to be mean or offensive. I just find it very odd and that makes me curious to know what happened here.
wow

Morristown, TN

#3 Feb 28, 2013
cause most of the retards here are on drugs of some kind..i feel ashamed to have to live here :/
observing observer

Morristown, TN

#5 Feb 28, 2013
Observer wrote:
Can someone please tell me why the people in Morristown are so dumb and retarded? I have been in many towns in many states and I can honestly say that there are more stupid ignorant people in Morristown than any other place I have been. It is amazing that so many morons can live in the same small town. I would like to know if anyone knows why this is. I have been told it is due to a very serious local inbreeding epidemic that causes the people here to just be born slow and dumb. I have also been told thatthe local schools have never been up to the national standards. Another person also told me that there was some kind of local pollutant in the air & water supply that may have done some serious damage to people here. Does anyone know why people born in Morristown are so retarded? I am not trying to be mean or offensive. I just find it very odd and that makes me curious to know what happened here.
Can someone please tell me why someone would bother with making this claim if they were not trying to offend?
can someone please tell me why someone would stay where they thought people were dumb?
could it be so they feel smarter?
Anyone with any education at all has learned of the inbreeding claims, what region it was more pevelant, what countries are included in this claim.
They would also know that was taught in a HISTORY class making their claim even more rediculous sounding.
Would anybody with any education at all start this forum?
I think not, looks like your gonna fit right in.
Dumb South

Newport, TN

#6 Mar 4, 2013
It has been a long time well known fact that the people of Tennessee are less intelligent than most of the country. Tennnessee ranks in the bottom 5 lowest school testing scores. Tennessee is also the state with the highest instance rate of inbreeding which is worse compounded in smaller towns such as Morristown.
Real Analysis

Morristown, TN

#7 Mar 4, 2013
First of all, the term "dumb" means unable to speak. i.e. mute
I think the word you are looking for is either "stupid" or "ignorant".
Secondly, inbreeding is not a current issue or factor. It is such a small percentage, if any, that it would be an outlier on a probability distribution chart. Thirdly, Tennessee school ratings are an insignificant factor. Even if the "bottom five" statistics are reliable, the standard deviation is so small compared to a "top five" state that it is negligible.
I'm not impressed with the previous analysis of this situation at all, and I would tend to classify those who mentioned the factors above as part of the "stupid" and "ignorant" population.
The person who mentioned drug use is on to something. Another factor is that a large percentage of the most intelligent people who grew up in Morristown leave for better jobs and lives elsewhere. What's left of the community is a mixture of:
(1) Intelligent people who stay here for family or business reasons
(2) The least intelligent with no opportunities elsewhere.
(3) Drug users and other morally depraved individuals stuck here.
(4) The most ignorant of the Yankee stock, who ironically has a tendency to think they are a cut above the native ignorance. But, of course, they almost never are.
Real Analysis

Morristown, TN

#10 Mar 4, 2013
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
Then please explain to me how your children are being born with diabetes at such an enormous percentage. Explain to me why people here are so damn ugly, disproportional and stupid. Explain to me why Tennessee ranks number one in teenage pregnancies and the BOTTOM four for overall well being. Explain to me why Tennessee is now the nations leader in pill junkies and babies being born addicted to one drug or another? Education rank, negligible? Think again.
Why are so many ugly? Mostly it's from being overweight. Secondly, the best looking people tend to move.

Disproportional? A result of life choices

Stupid? Life choices

Pill junkies? You are just agreeing with me here.

Babies addicted to drugs? Agreed with me again.

Note: Morals and education are not the same thing. Matter of fact, we are better off if the immoral, the druggies, etc. are uneducated. For as C.S. Lewis said "education without morals seems to make one a more clever devil".
Real Analysis

Morristown, TN

#12 Mar 4, 2013
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
One can't possibly make proper executive decisions without an education in today's society. We all have morals, but without proper education, they're easily influenced by the very same gene pool they grew up with. It's like the blind leading the blind.
People who are obese do not get that way because they don't know how to lose weight. Everyone knows eating loads of fatty foods and not exercising will do it to you. But the choice between self-indulgence and discipline is the key.

I have known doctors, attorneys , and politicians with terrible morals. The type of people who drain society and whom you could never trust. I have also known 8th grade educated farmers that had impeccable morals and were great additions to society and their community. Education is great, but it has nothing to do with moral standing. We all may have morals, but some are good and others are not. We may all know how to work hard, but not all are willing. We may all know that it's wrong to abandon your wife and child, but not all choose the right road.

It may take education to make "executive" decisions, but very few out there are executives. just getting the simple things right would be a great start for most people.
really

Tallahassee, FL

#13 Mar 4, 2013
Hey lol, if you don't like it here, then what in the hell are you doing here?? There are no gates keping your superior ass from getting the hell out!! This town is not what it used to be, but its still our town!
great times

United States

#14 Mar 4, 2013
well said ...if its so bad why stay around
Strange

Knoxville, TN

#17 Mar 5, 2013
Ian Toby. Now there is a prime example of the dumbass people in this town. A LYING PILL HEAD TWO FACED JUNKIE. Just like his friends. say something. every time you see me you turn and walk away. man up boy

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#19 Mar 5, 2013
Dumb South wrote:
It has been a long time well known fact that the people of Tennessee are less intelligent than most of the country. Tennnessee ranks in the bottom 5 lowest school testing scores. Tennessee is also the state with the highest instance rate of inbreeding which is worse compounded in smaller towns such as Morristown.
Yep. Al Gore.
yeppers

Knoxville, TN

#20 Mar 5, 2013
HaveApheasantPluckingDay wrote:
<quoted text>Yep. Al Gore.
Al Gore lost his election for President....and you got fired from JTEKT. Technically he did lose more but there is no doubt you are the bigger loser.
Duhh

Winnsboro, SC

#21 Mar 5, 2013
The only facts I have read here are the education ranking of the state ss a whole. The rest of the facts about inbreeding are unfounded. What I looked stated different.
An educated person would not point any of these things out at all. An educated person would have more class than to stoop to this type of behavior even if it were true. Which says loads about those that jumped on the negative morristown band wagon.
really

Morristown, TN

#22 Mar 5, 2013
Duhh wrote:
The only facts I have read here are the education ranking of the state ss a whole. The rest of the facts about inbreeding are unfounded. What I looked stated different.
An educated person would not point any of these things out at all. An educated person would have more class than to stoop to this type of behavior even if it were true. Which says loads about those that jumped on the negative morristown band wagon.
As opposed to your negative comment about the negative comments? Does the word hypocrite have any meaning to you? It's a public forum and we all have the same right to voice our opinions. I'm not saying Morristown is good or bad, I'm just saying. Educated people have just as much right to voice their opinions as the dumb ones do. Just goes to show you how educated you are.
duhh

Morristown, TN

#23 Mar 5, 2013
really wrote:
<quoted text>
As opposed to your negative comment about the negative comments? Does the word hypocrite have any meaning to you? It's a public forum and we all have the same right to voice our opinions. I'm not saying Morristown is good or bad, I'm just saying. Educated people have just as much right to voice their opinions as the dumb ones do. Just goes to show you how educated you are.
And if you were educated you would have read, I never said they did not have right just thay would be smarter than that and would not stoop to name calling and pointing out others weak points. No one is perfect,but only the weak pick on people who are different than them. or at least the way they think they are. See I have no need to point out your weaknesses you have done that for me.
Real Analysis

Morristown, TN

#24 Mar 5, 2013
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
"Executive decisions" aren't just for executives. It's a decision that's made in any situation, arbitrarily, for a group or individual.
Example: If a group is trying to decide what to do for the day. Let's say a group here in Morristown.
Noah - "Dun yuns wunna go to da lake?"
Isaiah - "It dun matter to meh!"
Jonah - "No, Les us go bust in a house and steal stuff fer sum pillz."
In this example, Jonah made the executive decision here.
Now, do you think that a college student who wasn't from here would agree to this? The answer is no. Why? Because he's not f*qqing stupid.
Now do the same scenario with "where do we want to eat today." You'll get the same result, McDonalds or equivalent will be the final decision. Why? Because they are f*qqing stupid.
Morals are things that are "taught." Meaning, they require education.
Morals are taught, but not in public schools. That's a family thing, which I believe from what you said before we'd agree with each other about. You just blame it on the gene pool, while I blame on the spiritual condition of the family.

Your usage of "executive decision" is from an urban dictionary typology. The legitimate usage is decision making that involves a corporation or company. Either way, I find some of your wording strange. Especially if you were the one who said people are "dumb" around here. I assume from your writing style and interest in this subject that you were the same person.
Real Analysis

Morristown, TN

#25 Mar 5, 2013
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, do you think that a college student who wasn't from here would agree to this? The answer is no. Why? Because he's not f*qqing stupid.
You're an imbecile if you think college students outside Morristown have moral and decision-making purity. Ever heard of something called "date rape"? It happens a lot among college students. So does use of drugs and theft of laptops. You are pretty clueless it seems. Did you even graduate from college yourself? If so, you should thank your professors for being so lenient and giving you all those D papers a bell-curve adjusted B.
Kdub

United States

#26 Mar 5, 2013
STUPID BREEDS STUPID ... HERE IN MORRISTOWN IT IS A ENDLESS CYCLE
roxy b

United States

#27 Mar 5, 2013
Soul snatcher...
PISSED IN MORRISTOWN

Rock Hill, SC

#28 Mar 5, 2013
First let me start by sayin that u r entitled to ur opinion ! But needless to say some opinions are best kept to yourself ! Or did your parents forget to teach your dumbass th facts of havin manners ?If u think th ppl in Morristown are dumb just think of wherever you are from &take a good long look in th mirror &ull see whos really dum ! Just remember we didnt ask for your opinion or insults&were not twistin your arm to even pass thru our beautiful little town!So WHEN YOU FINALLY FIGURE OUT THAT U R TH ONLY STUPID 1HERE TAKE UR COMMENTS &UR DUMBASS BACK TO WHERE EVER UR DUMBASS IS FROM &DONT BOTHER COMIN BACK TO MORRISTOWN ,TN. WE DO JUST FINE W/OUT UR DUMBASS IN OUR TOWN! NOTICE I SAID "OUR TOWN" ! NOT YOUR TOWN !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morristown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 35 min miss tuffet 150,426
are there not any single an non drug using guys? 48 min Tarrytown 74
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 1 hr Ben Fong 9,449
PBR sold 2 hr hrmmm 2
bp at panther creek 2 hr dude love 1
doctor scott matson in morristown (Aug '12) 3 hr I am lost too 38
The road to Walmart 4 hr doodah 12
Hot Spot Pizza 6 hr lovinevrym1nute 36
First baptist church in morristown 13 hr HelpingHands 72
•••
•••
•••

Morristown Jobs

•••
•••