Lifetime Kia... Good or Bad????

Posted in the Morristown Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Jan 08

Morristown, TN

#1 Jan 24, 2008
What do ya'll think about Lifetime Kia? Is it a good thing for Morristown, or a bad thing???

Since: Dec 07

Morristown

#2 Jan 24, 2008
I was shopping for a car last May and went to Kia to check them out. The cars just seemed cheap to me. All the salesman would talk about was all the air bags. They had a nice used Altima there that I was interested in. I was turned off when the salesman started downing the Nissan. Then I was really turned off when He called me at work. They had a registration foa free vacation. Of course I filled out a card and dropped it in the box. I guess that was just a ploy to get phone numbers. All in all my experience was much better at Honda of Morristown.
Anon

Miami, FL

#3 Jan 24, 2008
Stay away from Kia and Hyundai. Those cars are trash.

Since: Jan 08

Morristown, TN

#4 Jan 25, 2008
I actually like them.... the gas is great, the price is cheap, they look good, and they last forever

Since: Dec 07

Morristown

#5 Jan 25, 2008
They look cheaply made to me. But, whatever trips your trigger.
For Your Information

United States

#6 Jan 28, 2008
Kia and Hyundai warranty is:
Base Warranty- 5 years/60,000 miles
Powertrain Warranty- 10 years/100,000 miles

Honda and Toyota warranty is:
Base Warranty- 3 years/36,000 miles
Powertrain Warranty- 5 years/60,000 miles

Looks like a lot of bang for the buck to me.
motown resident

Morristown, TN

#7 Jan 28, 2008
Forget about the warranties. Do you think Honda and Toyota are worried about Kia's 100,000 mile warranty? I'd rather have a Honda or Toyota with 60,000 miles than a new Kia - or Ford, GM or Chrysler, for that matter.

Kia's warranty is a bet against an unproven vehicle.

100,000 miles means nothing to a Honda or Toyota owner who is driving a vehicle with 180,000 miles. I'm one of them.

Wait for the Kia recalls, you won't have to wait long.
what

Morristown, TN

#8 Jan 28, 2008
WestHigh74 wrote:
I actually like them.... the gas is great, the price is cheap, they look good, and they last forever
They last forever? All their models are new. How do you know how long they last?
just a thought

Church Hill, VA

#9 Jan 28, 2008
I just love car dealers. They're so honest and trustworthy. NOT!
Ex-Vol in FL

Jacksonville, FL

#10 Jan 28, 2008
I don't know anything about Kias, but I have had VERY good performance from several Hondas, including the Accord and CR-V. Now I have an Accura, which I like very much, but which I think is overpriced. I am hoping it holds up as well as my Hondas did.

My husband bought a new Camry in 1998 and wouldn't dream of trading it in. He has never had ANY problems with it.
mo-town

Murfreesboro, TN

#11 Jan 29, 2008
they are throw away cars, the company has filed for chapter 11 twice since it existance, they don't even sale well in korea where they are made, the company is just a joint venture between ford-lotus and mazda, they are also exspensive to work on...
MUSTANG MAN

Morristown, TN

#12 Feb 4, 2008
FROM WHAT I HAVE SEEN THERE ARE ALOT OF THEM ON THE ROAD AROUND NOW. I SAW A GUY THE OTHER DAY IN THE PARKING LOT A FOOD CITY WITH A SORENTO SUV AND I GOT TO TALKING WITH HIM. HE HAS OVER 204,000 TROUBLE FREE MILES ON IT. HE SAID THE SERVICE DEPARTMENT WAS GREAT. I THINK I AM GONNA GIVE THEM A TRY!!!
KIa people

Morristown, TN

#13 Feb 4, 2008
I would not dare go to the kia plae here in this town because of what they did to our girls all star coaches. They said they were giving them a car for free but then they didn't. it was only a loaner car. that sucked. But kia's maybe decent to drive.

Morristown, TN

#14 Feb 13, 2008
KIa people wrote:
I would not dare go to the kia plae here in this town because of what they did to our girls all star coaches. They said they were giving them a car for free but then they didn't. it was only a loaner car. that sucked. But kia's maybe decent to drive.
kia never said they were GIVING them kia cars. What are 13 year olds going to do with cars anyways?
1qwk96

Tampa, FL

#15 Mar 24, 2008
mo-town wrote:
they are throw away cars, the company has filed for chapter 11 twice since it existance, they don't even sale well in korea where they are made, the company is just a joint venture between ford-lotus and mazda, they are also exspensive to work on...
mazda/ford..do you know anything???
Stump1k

Morristown, TN

#16 Mar 24, 2008
Kia's have a good warranty, but they havent had time to prove themselves. The first kia's resell value was almost non existant.
For reliability you can't beat a Toyota.
As far as stealerships, Kia and East Tn Nissan are rips. Go to Morristown Ford, Rusty Wallace Toyota or anywhere else but those two.

Since: Feb 08

Morristown, TN

#17 Mar 24, 2008
Buy a Chevy. My last Tahoe (99) had 200k on it when I traded and my 2002 Suburban has 156k with no problems. Who needs a warranty?

Since: Mar 08

Russellville

#18 Mar 25, 2008
My best friend bought a Kia here at Morristown, and loves their service. She gets a free car wash every time her vehicle gets serviced (also for free)

What I hate about car dealers is that if you are trading, it doesn't matter what you have, it isn't worth a flip, and what they have is priceless!!

I personally love Toyotas, and Hondas.

I also like the new Malibu. I drove one here in Morristown, and the salesman didn't spend the time with me. I went to Newport to Stinnett, and the salesman there showed me all of the great qualities of the new vehicle (without the pressure and being a jerk) and I really liked that. I'm still waiting out the Malibu to see if they have worked out the problems they had before. Some of the 2000-2005 models were pieces of crap.

I also like the Pontiac Grand Prix and G6. The G6 is a nice car for the money. I can't wait to see the G8!
SURI

AOL

#19 Mar 25, 2008
mo-town wrote:
I own a Kia Sorento, I bought it in 2005 and I love it. Great gas mileage, great service and this little car can take a punch. My daughter wrecked mine when it was new, she hit a pickup truck in the rear and knocked the bumper off the truck spun it around and then slammed into another car. The Kia had some grill damage but that was it. Great gas mileage too. The lifetime oil change is also a plus, and when they service your car, you get a car wash without asking. I had a Honda before and no such service.
Stump1k

Morristown, TN

#20 Mar 25, 2008
I thought Sorento was a car?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morristown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Angela "Angel" Hurley 34 min Friend 3
Brad Bivens (Jul '14) 1 hr Reader 17
Ankle tracking devices. 2 hr lol 20
Jamie Riley (Sep '09) 2 hr Mr_T 29
Prayer Warriors 2 hr Hotrod 7
Lesley 2 hr Hotrod 8
Trojan football champs 2 hr Say What 3

Morristown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance