T mobile or Straight talk

Posted in the Morristown Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
wondering

Morristown, TN

#1 Jul 12, 2011
I'm curently tired of having a contract with Verizon.I'm in the market for a smart phone and was wondering if anybody has tried the 3G phones from Walmart/T-mobile?

Ive also noticed in the last week Straight Talk has started offering 3g phones in Morristown.Any feed back on Straight Talk or the T-Mobile/walmart family plan phones is appreciated.
anybodyknow

Jefferson City, TN

#2 Jul 12, 2011
I have my straight talk phone.. its a Samsung... kind of a blackberry knockoff...the phone service is EXCELLENT!! I get unlimited calling, unlimited texting and unlimited mobile web... yes, the mobile web is not as nice as an IPhone or other smart phones.. but it does its job and most importantly.. the cellphone coverage area is FAR BETTER than AT&T.. I have service virtually everywhere including Sneedville.. I have had NO DROPOUTS at all...wheras the AT&T service had gotten terrible, dropouts within yards of an AT&T tower.. My phone bill is $45.00 amonth.. I love it. I was paying $138.00 a month for my IPhone with AT&T.. I am one very satisfied STRAIGHT TALK customer..I am saving over $900.00 a year in cellphone bills.. AT&T and those god damn smart asses at the Verizon store across from the mall can kiss my ass! I love my Straight Talk phone and service.. AT&T , Verizon and others will follow suit with cheaper unlimited plans soon, they'll have no choice... and one more thing.. I am no longer committed to a service agreement either.. LOL!

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#3 Jul 12, 2011
anybodyknow wrote:
I have my straight talk phone.. its a Samsung... kind of a blackberry knockoff...the phone service is EXCELLENT!! I get unlimited calling, unlimited texting and unlimited mobile web... yes, the mobile web is not as nice as an IPhone or other smart phones.. but it does its job and most importantly.. the cellphone coverage area is FAR BETTER than AT&T.. I have service virtually everywhere including Sneedville.. I have had NO DROPOUTS at all...wheras the AT&T service had gotten terrible, dropouts within yards of an AT&T tower.. My phone bill is $45.00 amonth.. I love it. I was paying $138.00 a month for my IPhone with AT&T.. I am one very satisfied STRAIGHT TALK customer..I am saving over $900.00 a year in cellphone bills.. AT&T and those god damn smart asses at the Verizon store across from the mall can kiss my ass! I love my Straight Talk phone and service.. AT&T , Verizon and others will follow suit with cheaper unlimited plans soon, they'll have no choice... and one more thing.. I am no longer committed to a service agreement either.. LOL!
Who is the service provider for your phone? I mean, does it use AT&T, Verizon, or T-Mobile towers? One of my sons has Straight Talk, and I think it works pretty well for him as long as he is using the Verizon signal, but for a while he had a phone that worked on the AT&T network, and I don't think it worked as well.

I agree that it is wonderful to know exactly what your phone bill will be, and if it works in Sneedville, that is awesome.
rachel

Columbia, TN

#5 Jul 12, 2011
oh and different phones sold by straight talk are from various companies(metro pcs, at&t, etc) that has to do with signal as well.. ive had perfect signal with all but at&t.. very close to towers as well. if u do some more research like ur doing here u can see which ones are best for u good luck
Clark

Morristown, TN

#6 Jul 12, 2011
The phones are crap at Straight Talk and they use Verizon Towers so......T-Mobile is now ATT......
Cops_daughter

Morristown, TN

#7 Jul 12, 2011
I have the $200 nokia e71 smart phone from straight talk & it does really well BUT it does use AT&T towers which I haven't had the best of luck in ALL places. For the most part it's a great phone & for $50 a month....I will take that ANY day over the $90 I was paying every month with verizon.
wondering

Morristown, TN

#8 Jul 15, 2011
Thanks for the info if anyone else wants to chime in i'd appreciate all information
wondering

Morristown, TN

#9 Jul 15, 2011
Cops_daughter wrote:
I have the $200 nokia e71 smart phone from straight talk & it does really well BUT it does use AT&T towers which I haven't had the best of luck in ALL places. For the most part it's a great phone & for $50 a month....I will take that ANY day over the $90 I was paying every month with verizon.
I'm a kinda new to the 3G/smart phones stuff.i noticed the E71 is the Qwuerty keyboard does this greatly limit your internet browsing?Can you still read stuff?
Sorry

Nashville, TN

#10 Jul 15, 2011
Stay with Verizon unless it's to much then I would say at&t would be your best deal u can have iPhones and blackberrys as prepaid so it will be cheap about 60 a month but the phone will be full price.
Straight Talk Customer

Goose Creek, SC

#11 Jul 16, 2011
Here is the deal! I have had straight talk for a year and if the phone has no SIM card it uses Verizon. If the phone has a SIM card then it goes through AT&T. I have had the same boring basic phone which picks up everywhere!! It picks up where other people that have verizon does not even pick up. BUT I tried a newer phone from Straight Talk that has a SIM card and uses AT&T, the service sucked so bad I had it all of 2 hours and took it back! The customer service is the ABSOLUTE WORST!!!!!!!!!! they can barely speak of understand english and I called to ask about a issue I had with my phone and the idiots changed my number twice without my asking them to. I had several times where they just up and disconnected my phone with 2 weeks of service left. Their customer service is litterally a headache trying to get them to understand the smallest things because they are not AMERICAN and cannot clearly understand or speak ENGLISH. They do correct their mistakes but I depend on my phone and cannot afford for the mistakes to take place
Straight Talk Customer

Goose Creek, SC

#12 Jul 16, 2011
I am kind of trapped between the cost of my phone bill and wanting to get a nice phone with better customer service without killing my finances.
Ideal

Denver, NC

#13 Jul 16, 2011
Maybe get one at the dollar store with a phone card. That's what my husband did
Minnie Pearl

Morristown, TN

#14 Jul 17, 2011
My son and daughter both have Straight Talk phones. My daughter's is a Verizon phone; my son's is an AT&T. We haven't really noticed much difference in the service. They have the simple phones: his has a camera though, and hers doesn't. There are a few other different features on them, but servicewise, they seem about the same.
Either way, they beat Sprint or Verizon on money and value.
Haven't heard such good things about T-Mobile.
True

Nashville, TN

#15 Jul 18, 2011
wondering wrote:
I'm curently tired of having a contract with Verizon.I'm in the market for a smart phone and was wondering if anybody has tried the 3G phones from Walmart/T-mobile?
Ive also noticed in the last week Straight Talk has started offering 3g phones in Morristown.Any feed back on Straight Talk or the T-Mobile/walmart family plan phones is appreciated.
Oh lol then just go with boost mobile u can get a blackberry it's 60 a month then the longer you stay the LESS you pay it will go down to 45 a month after 18 payments
boostmobile

Morristown, TN

#16 Jul 18, 2011
yeah I was wondering about boost mobile . the deal ln qvc looked nice. didn't know how service was.
kathy

Knoxville, TN

#17 Jul 19, 2011
I have service with both T-Mobile and AT&T, and my husband has straight talk, he loves his straight talk phone, and says he gets service anywhere. My daughters and I all have android phones and we love them, so basically he you are looking for a phone that isn't expensive, and you don't want to be tide into a contract, I say you will be happy with straight talk! I have no complaints with my AT&T service, T-Mobile kinda slows down when you use your data at times! Good luck to you on your decision!
kathy

Knoxville, TN

#18 Jul 19, 2011
I used boost for a short time, and I always had dropped calls, was not good for me!
boostmobile

Morristown, TN

#19 Jul 21, 2011
thanks kathy, I think I will go with straight talk.
VolFan

United States

#20 Jul 22, 2011
Thanks Kathy I ve been looking for a pay per usage phone for a secondary line.
soon to be ex-StrTlk

Morristown, TN

#21 Dec 3, 2011
I have straight talk now. If you have a GSM phone (card you slide in) you have ATT, if you have a normal phone you must give a number over the phone to activate you have Verizon (Straight Talk is phasing these out) The android phones are on Sprint towers (Boost Mobile is the same).

Currently have the Nokia E71 with straight talk(att towers). Phone has been locked down and has limited features thanks to straight talk. My biggest grip with Straight Talk is zero customer service on the phone. If you get someone who speaks with an accent you can understand you are lucky. My cell reception is fine but they just don't have any customer service and the data speed is turned down.

I like the prepaid and the price. I will go prepaid again, just haven't decided who.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morristown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
lastnight stabbing (Feb '10) 30 min u a troublemaker 15
should pot be legalized? 35 min Lol 39
government shutdown 1 hr smarter than you 28
Girl driving dodge dart 2 hr slammedCivic11 3
Electric Bills 3 hr Postman 40
Dating 3 hr Curious 1
Charleston Kyle 3 hr Wow 16

Morristown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance