Bristol, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2011

Judged:

I am a member of Captive Free Ministries and we have people who are healed all the time i have had a hystercectomy and we beleive in the recreating God has promised me a new woumb and a son that is called a miracle and yes it is going to happen God aint going to promise something aand not bring it to pass we just have to beleive and have faith if Jesus healed people in the bible walked on water and and Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead if He DID ALL THAT PLUS MORE sarah was 90 years old and was barren and became preg WELL GUESS WHAT GET READY NEW WOUMB you are fixing to carry a MIRACLE CHILD yes our church does operate in the gifts of the spirit and we do beleive 100 percent in healing and miracles its aint about man its all about JESUS Christ we are not a cult ora circus so you better think twice before saying that if you call a body of beleivers who love to worship aand praise out Jesus then you are calling our Lord Jesus Christ a cult her hears everything thing you are saying so you better be careful!!!!!!!!!!
Really

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2011

Judged:

captive free ministries wrote:
I am a member of Captive Free Ministries and we have people who are healed all the time i have had a hystercectomy and we beleive in the recreating God has promised me a new woumb and a son that is called a miracle and yes it is going to happen God aint going to promise something aand not bring it to pass we just have to beleive and have faith if Jesus healed people in the bible walked on water and and Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead if He DID ALL THAT PLUS MORE sarah was 90 years old and was barren and became preg WELL GUESS WHAT GET READY NEW WOUMB you are fixing to carry a MIRACLE CHILD yes our church does operate in the gifts of the spirit and we do beleive 100 percent in healing and miracles its aint about man its all about JESUS Christ we are not a cult ora circus so you better think twice before saying that if you call a body of beleivers who love to worship aand praise out Jesus then you are calling our Lord Jesus Christ a cult her hears everything thing you are saying so you better be careful!!!!!!!!!!
God made you the way you are. With the broken "womb" and everything. Maybe that's God's way of saying you don't need to procreate and spread your crazy everywhere.
Simple Joe

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2011

Judged:

Was that just one big long sentence? Did any amputees get healed this weekend? Let me know how that new womb miracle child works out. Exactly how did god promise that anyway? And when is it supposed to happen?

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

I was raised in a Baptist church and had never thought to change. I have a friend that goes to that church and she has been blessed beyond measure. I decided one Sunday to visit Captive Free Ministries. I sat there in shock. I couldn't understand why everyone was dancing freely and joyfully, like they were. I enjoyed the music and enjoyed watching everyone dance and praise our precious Jesus. I didn't stand there judging people. Then the preacher started his sermon. You could tell he loved his relationship with God and he loved each and everyone in that church. He makes everyone know and understand how important we are to God, how much God loves us. I felt like a new person when I walked out of that church. I've been to church many times. I'd get up on Sunday, get dress and make myself go to church because I knew that was the right thing to do. Then live the rest of the week taking care of my family and my job, the best I knew how. Living day to day loving and praying. Sunday rolls around and do it again. I thought I was happy and was content with the way I lived my life. Now, 1 1/2 months later, I'm still going Captive Free Ministries. Everytime I walk out of that church, I feel so much closer to God and wish everyday was Sunday. Everyday I keep count of how many more days before I can walk thru that door again. That church is life changing. People can see the changes within me, my life has done a 360. I've known for years that I would never watch my children grow up. But let me tell you something. I will watch my kids grow up and better than that, I'm going to watch their children grow up too. I have 5 health issues that doctors will tell you there is no cure. But with the grace of God. I will be cured. I feel God in the house. I've never felt closer to God. I start everyday thinking about God and what I can do for him. I was just a Sunday church goer. Now I go on Sunday and every breath I take, I'm thinking about what I can do for my precious Lord. I have realize just how much he means to me. I love this church for introducing me to my Father and my brother. I will make my father proud of me. People get close to them. In my church or yours. Captive Free, Thank you. All of you...
The Truth

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

Have there been any members die yet? Does the pastor have any sick family members? It would be nice if nobody died from sickness. By the way Sandra is a liar based on God's word if she says she was called to preach. She is not a preacher. Timothy was told by God that women CAN NOT preach. In 1 Timothy 3:2 a bishop (pastor) must be the husband of one wife. Does she have a wife we don't know about? Why do they teach tongue chattering is evidence of being saved? The word of God teachers that faith and NOT works is what saves! Tongue chatter is added works! Why do they teach we don't sin? Sandra sins by saying she has been called to preach. Liars are sinning!
The Truth

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Dear Lord wrote:
Do. NOT. GO. THERE!!! They're crazy. I went once and ended up leaving in the middle of the "service". Nice people, but I really think it's a cult.
Probably good people but ignorant in God's holy word. This is how Satan works. Lost people see these people getting drunk in the spirit and wonder if they have been in the booze.
Hmmm

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

The Truth wrote:
<quoted text> Probably good people but ignorant in God's holy word. This is how Satan works. Lost people see these people getting drunk in the spirit and wonder if they have been in the booze.
I completely agree with you. I don't claim to be a good Christian or the "most knowledgeable" Christian, but I do read and study my Bible and know my beliefs.

When I walked into that church, the congregation was extremely nice and you could tell they TRULY believed in what they were doing. What I could not get past was the fact that the congregation as a whole wouldn't think for themselves. Everyone of them LITERALLY jumped when the pastor said jump. Literally. I know that the congregation is to follow the pastor as sheep would follow their shepherd, but the pastor is only a man as well who has flaws and is not perfect by any means. It was like they were putting more faith in the pastor than they were God. No one questioned the pastor when he spoke INCORRECTLY about multiple verses in the Bible. No one questioned him when he started speaking only his opinion. Most everything he said could not be backed up by scripture. I was sitting next to a Baptist preacher and after the first time he spoke incorrectly we had our Bibles out (as we were following the scripture before he went off the path) and basically fact checked him the rest of the service. It made me extremely sad to see these people who have this completely blind faith in this man, who was leading these good people astray (that I saw). It made me mad that someone was taking God's word, twisting it, and letting people think that the pastor can do things only God can do. The worst was when I saw a woman in a wheelchair that obviously was never going to be able to walk, go up and ask to be healed by the pastor. That's when I walked out.

The Bible talks about false prophets and Satan can use anyone to get what he wants. I realize everyone worships differently, that's fine. Worship is a very personal thing. But there is no need for a spectacle when worshiping. There's no need for all the bells and whistles because Jesus is the only "bell and whistle" needed.

I completely believe that these people are in a cult. The sad thing is that they don't know it or won't see it.
The Truth

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
I completely agree with you. I don't claim to be a good Christian or the "most knowledgeable" Christian, but I do read and study my Bible and know my beliefs.
When I walked into that church, the congregation was extremely nice and you could tell they TRULY believed in what they were doing. What I could not get past was the fact that the congregation as a whole wouldn't think for themselves. Everyone of them LITERALLY jumped when the pastor said jump. Literally. I know that the congregation is to follow the pastor as sheep would follow their shepherd, but the pastor is only a man as well who has flaws and is not perfect by any means. It was like they were putting more faith in the pastor than they were God. No one questioned the pastor when he spoke INCORRECTLY about multiple verses in the Bible. No one questioned him when he started speaking only his opinion. Most everything he said could not be backed up by scripture. I was sitting next to a Baptist preacher and after the first time he spoke incorrectly we had our Bibles out (as we were following the scripture before he went off the path) and basically fact checked him the rest of the service. It made me extremely sad to see these people who have this completely blind faith in this man, who was leading these good people astray (that I saw). It made me mad that someone was taking God's word, twisting it, and letting people think that the pastor can do things only God can do. The worst was when I saw a woman in a wheelchair that obviously was never going to be able to walk, go up and ask to be healed by the pastor. That's when I walked out.
The Bible talks about false prophets and Satan can use anyone to get what he wants. I realize everyone worships differently, that's fine. Worship is a very personal thing. But there is no need for a spectacle when worshiping. There's no need for all the bells and whistles because Jesus is the only "bell and whistle" needed.
I completely believe that these people are in a cult. The sad thing is that they don't know it or won't see it.
Did the so called woman preacher preach?

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

I wish people would stop judging others. I enjoy that church and I plan on being there Sunday. That church has changed my life. I feel closer to God now, than I ever had. Judgment Day, we will stand before God. Only he should be the one to judge. If you don't like that church, don't go. But let God tell us, where we went wrong.
The Truth

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

New Member wrote:
I wish people would stop judging others. I enjoy that church and I plan on being there Sunday. That church has changed my life. I feel closer to God now, than I ever had. Judgment Day, we will stand before God. Only he should be the one to judge. If you don't like that church, don't go. But let God tell us, where we went wrong.
We must judge right from wrong based on God's word. His word tells us women are not to preach. Does she preach 1 Timothy 3:2?
Event Horizon

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

The Truth wrote:
<quoted text> Timothy was told by God that women CAN NOT preach. In 1 Timothy 3:2 a bishop (pastor) must be the husband of one wife.
I believe it was Paul that told Timothy. God told Paul.
Hmm

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

The Truth wrote:
<quoted text> Did the so called woman preacher preach?
A woman didn't preach when I was there. It was a Hispanic man (he reminded me of George Lopez) that preached that night. He got out of a black CTS with Florida tags (which I thought was odd). But there were a group of people that sat off next to the stage wearing robes and whatnot (not all of them wore the robes but some did) and there was a woman sitting with them.

If there was a woman that had preached that night, I would've gotten up and left as soon as she got up to preach. Women are not to be the leader of a church. It says in the Bible, that's the way I believe. And I'm a woman myself.
The Truth

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Hmm wrote:
<quoted text>
A woman didn't preach when I was there. It was a Hispanic man (he reminded me of George Lopez) that preached that night. He got out of a black CTS with Florida tags (which I thought was odd). But there were a group of people that sat off next to the stage wearing robes and whatnot (not all of them wore the robes but some did) and there was a woman sitting with them.
If there was a woman that had preached that night, I would've gotten up and left as soon as she got up to preach. Women are not to be the leader of a church. It says in the Bible, that's the way I believe. And I'm a woman myself.
Look at their website. The pastors are Sandra and Glenn.
RationalOne

Kannapolis, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

I have been to many of these type of churches. They are experts at manipulating the emotions and getting the sheeple worked up into a frenzy. They are all about getting high on the holy spirit. They are way more exciting than boring missionary Baptist churches but the excitement fades quickly when you walk out into the real world and the cold air hits you. It starts with the music at the beginning of the service, and within a few minutes, the sheeple begin to get in a trance-like state. Then the speaking in tongues gets going. Speaking in tongues is really easy if you practice a little, and these people have plenty of practice.
A Christian

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Simple Joe wrote:
Were any amputees healed at this church over the weekend. I read above where a person had a seizure in the church and then was healed. But, have any amputees been healed?
Really, Simple Joe...You are trying to be controversial, obviously. Who told you that an amputee went there and asked to be healed? No, I didn't think so. If an amputee wanted to be healed and restored, I guess would be the correct word, then that would be up to God and the person..There is nothing that God cannot do. Just like the lady said, take Him out of the box!
A Christian

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

I do not attend this church, but I have heard lots of good things about it. I have spoken with people who go there, and their lives have also been changed. As Christians, we should love each other first of all and stop being critical..We are all the body of Christ and like the one poster said, we do not know what our Christian brothers and sisters have been through. By their fruits is how we know Christians. We have different ways of worshiping, but there is only one Jesus, one God. Just because we go to a church that is quiet and reverent, and the service is totally structured and in order does not mean that we are correct and anyone else's mode of worship is wrong..Stop being critical. God does not like for us to be critical, especially of other Christians.
Someone mentioned Benny Hinn. Benny Hinn has a tremendous ministry, he has led thousands of lost people to the Lord. He is criticized because of money. That is a whole new topic, but again, look at the fruit that he has produced for the kingdom of God..Arrogance and pride are not good traits for Christians to have. I think we all, as Christians, need to repent for saying anything critical about Captive Free Ministries. They are growing and ministering for the kingdom of God. Leave it up to God, if they are not of God,believe me, He is capable of taking care of it..Look inside your own heart and ask yourself what am I doing to increase the kingdom of God. What would the answer be?
The Truth

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

A Christian wrote:
I do not attend this church, but I have heard lots of good things about it. I have spoken with people who go there, and their lives have also been changed. As Christians, we should love each other first of all and stop being critical..We are all the body of Christ and like the one poster said, we do not know what our Christian brothers and sisters have been through. By their fruits is how we know Christians. We have different ways of worshiping, but there is only one Jesus, one God. Just because we go to a church that is quiet and reverent, and the service is totally structured and in order does not mean that we are correct and anyone else's mode of worship is wrong..Stop being critical. God does not like for us to be critical, especially of other Christians.
Someone mentioned Benny Hinn. Benny Hinn has a tremendous ministry, he has led thousands of lost people to the Lord. He is criticized because of money. That is a whole new topic, but again, look at the fruit that he has produced for the kingdom of God..Arrogance and pride are not good traits for Christians to have. I think we all, as Christians, need to repent for saying anything critical about Captive Free Ministries. They are growing and ministering for the kingdom of God. Leave it up to God, if they are not of God,believe me, He is capable of taking care of it..Look inside your own heart and ask yourself what am I doing to increase the kingdom of God. What would the answer be?
These churches destroy the body of Christ by not following the word of God. They cause the lost NOT to get saved. The speaking in tongues at was for saved people speaking in their own languages and not for the lost (1 Corinthians 14:22) In (1 Corinthians 14:19) Paul said he would rather speak five words with his understanding so he could teach others than ten thousand words in an UNKNOWN TONGUE! When a lost person walks in a church where people get drunk in the spirit acting like REAL drunks,, get slain in the spirit like Benny FALSE PROPHET Hinn slaying them, speak in unknown jabber, bark, growl, roll in the floor, slither out of their seats in the floor, ect. Paul said in (1 Corinthians 14:) "If therefore the whole church be come together into one place, and all speak with tongues, and there come in those that are unlearned, or unbelievers (LOST) will they not say that ye are mad (CRAZY)"? This move we are seeing today is of Satan and not of God because in (1 Corinthians 14:33) the word of God tells us "For God IS NOT THE AUTHOR OF CONFUSION, but of PEACE, as in all CHURCHES of the SAINTS. Satan is using the charasmatic move to confuse the lost even more! I know when I was lost if I had walked in a church like this I would think the people were CRAZY, but I'm saved and read the word of God and know this is the work of Satan.
A Christian

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

The Truth wrote:
<quoted text> These churches destroy the body of Christ by not following the word of God. They cause the lost NOT to get saved. The speaking in tongues at was for saved people speaking in their own languages and not for the lost (1 Corinthians 14:22) In (1 Corinthians 14:19) Paul said he would rather speak five words with his understanding so he could teach others than ten thousand words in an UNKNOWN TONGUE! When a lost person walks in a church where people get drunk in the spirit acting like REAL drunks,, get slain in the spirit like Benny FALSE PROPHET Hinn slaying them, speak in unknown jabber, bark, growl, roll in the floor, slither out of their seats in the floor, ect. Paul said in (1 Corinthians 14:) "If therefore the whole church be come together into one place, and all speak with tongues, and there come in those that are unlearned, or unbelievers (LOST) will they not say that ye are mad (CRAZY)"? This move we are seeing today is of Satan and not of God because in (1 Corinthians 14:33) the word of God tells us "For God IS NOT THE AUTHOR OF CONFUSION, but of PEACE, as in all CHURCHES of the SAINTS. Satan is using the charasmatic move to confuse the lost even more! I know when I was lost if I had walked in a church like this I would think the people were CRAZY, but I'm saved and read the word of God and know this is the work of Satan.
In the scripture, during one of Jesus times of healing and miracles, the people were giving satan credit for doing what Jesus was doing..I can't remember the exact verse, but I will look it up later..You need to read that, you don't want to be found guilty of doing that..Nothing good comes from Satan..He is here to confound, confuse, destroy, and stir up strife among God's people!
The Truth

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

A Christian wrote:
<quoted text>
In the scripture, during one of Jesus times of healing and miracles, the people were giving satan credit for doing what Jesus was doing..I can't remember the exact verse, but I will look it up later..You need to read that, you don't want to be found guilty of doing that..Nothing good comes from Satan..He is here to confound, confuse, destroy, and stir up strife among God's people!
You better believe speaking in tongues confounds, confuses, destroys, and stirs up strife.

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

We had a great service tonight. Everyone should come and visit. You wont regret it. Captive Free is life changing.
My precious Lord, thank you so much for leading me to this wonderful church. I will walk with you everyday and spread your beautiful words. I've always known who your were but now thanks to Captive Free, I'm getting to know you completely.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

112 Users are viewing the Morristown Forum right now

Search the Morristown Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
What is going on at the animal shelter? 6 min Ouch 49
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 9 min HASLAM HAWKwifeBEATER 141,629
Ebola in Morristown 28 min mustsay 4
wife/lawyer sleeping together 31 min LLCJ 4
koch foods supervisors 1 hr Pitbullmom74 65
preston blanton (Oct '12) 3 hr sad 10
Dena Helms/Richard Clark 3 hr Noneya 2
I put my wife naked pictures on wife lovers Wed who 23
•••
•••
•••
•••

Morristown Jobs

•••