Next Last
church seeker

Shelby, NC

#1 Aug 5, 2011
Anyone ever been there? what's it like?
Dear Lord

Morristown, TN

#2 Aug 5, 2011
Do. NOT. GO. THERE!!! They're crazy. I went once and ended up leaving in the middle of the "service". Nice people, but I really think it's a cult.
church seeker

Spartanburg, SC

#3 Aug 5, 2011
Dear Lord wrote:
Do. NOT. GO. THERE!!! They're crazy. I went once and ended up leaving in the middle of the "service". Nice people, but I really think it's a cult.
A cult?? Why what happened?
KJV

Morristown, TN

#4 Aug 6, 2011
Quit putting brochures in mailboxes
Oh My

Morristown, TN

#5 Aug 8, 2011
The place is strange. I'm a Christian and I'm all for however you want to believe, you know, live and let live. However, this place...there's ram's horns on the alter (that they blow and use), the people literally do and say ANYTHING the preacher tells them to, people are makin' strange sounds, jumping up and down, screaming (not yelling out...SCREAMING), speaking in tongues, the SAME song played over and over and over throughout the entire service (worse than that was the SAME song that played continuously only had ONE word in it...I still have that stupid song in my head and I went there about a month ago) and collapsing on the ground after "being healed" from the preacher.

I was honestly scared. Like I said, I don't care how you practice your beliefs, but it was just a spectacle.
TheGreatestAmeri can

Morristown, TN

#6 Aug 8, 2011
Oh My wrote:
The place is strange. I'm a Christian and I'm all for however you want to believe, you know, live and let live. However, this place...there's ram's horns on the alter (that they blow and use), the people literally do and say ANYTHING the preacher tells them to, people are makin' strange sounds, jumping up and down, screaming (not yelling out...SCREAMING), speaking in tongues, the SAME song played over and over and over throughout the entire service (worse than that was the SAME song that played continuously only had ONE word in it...I still have that stupid song in my head and I went there about a month ago) and collapsing on the ground after "being healed" from the preacher.
I was honestly scared. Like I said, I don't care how you practice your beliefs, but it was just a spectacle.
so they're southern baptists then?
yea

Morristown, TN

#7 Aug 14, 2011
actually its a great church and people are saying all that and scared because they are ignorant to the bible...what a shame!
church seeker

York, SC

#8 Aug 14, 2011
yea wrote:
actually its a great church and people are saying all that and scared because they are ignorant to the bible...what a shame!
You go there?
yea

Morristown, TN

#9 Aug 14, 2011
its not the point of if i go there or not, i know that they do alot with the community, its all about helping people. there have been healings there and there are poeple around morristown to prove it. they are pentacostal so yes, they believe in the bible, and yes that is biblical. they worship God with no limits and they dont put God in a box like most people do!
church seeker

York, SC

#10 Aug 14, 2011
yea wrote:
its not the point of if i go there or not, i know that they do alot with the community, its all about helping people. there have been healings there and there are poeple around morristown to prove it. they are pentacostal so yes, they believe in the bible, and yes that is biblical. they worship God with no limits and they dont put God in a box like most people do!
It was just a ? Not meaning to pry sorry!
yea

Morristown, TN

#11 Aug 14, 2011
you wanna know, they have there services online. go to captivefreeministries.com and go to the web broadcast and go to recorded services and check it out yourself instead of listening to everyone else. no prying just dont want to put my bussiness on here.
Simple Joe

Dandridge, TN

#12 Aug 15, 2011
yea wrote:
there have been healings there and there are poeple around morristown to prove it.
Have any amputees healed there?
yea

Morristown, TN

#13 Aug 15, 2011
no but they are believing, and they know and i know that GOd will do it. theres been cancer, people that have been in wheele chairs get up and walk, people on oxygen thats been healed (till this day not on oxygen) someone had there spine cut and has been healed, and today is walking. people who was born deaf, hear. it just goes on and on
Seriously

Morristown, TN

#14 Aug 15, 2011
yea wrote:
no but they are believing, and they know and i know that GOd will do it. theres been cancer, people that have been in wheele chairs get up and walk, people on oxygen thats been healed (till this day not on oxygen) someone had there spine cut and has been healed, and today is walking. people who was born deaf, hear. it just goes on and on
Let me ask you this. You believe in the healing power of the Lord? Obviously. I do as well. My question to you is, why in the world do you feel the need to act all kinds a fool during all of this? People talking in tongues, it states in the Bible that speaking in tongues is 1. Should never be done without an interpreter (which btw, when I was there there was NO interpreter) and 2. Isn't even needed anymore b/c God and Jesus and the Holy Ghost can speak to whoever.

I don't know much about the Pentecostal faith, however, I do know it's a little extreme. Like I said before, I'm all for believing however you feel you need to believe, but that was ridiculous what I saw.

I saw the preacher get out of a BRAND NEW Cadillac CTS
I saw the congregation do WHATEVER the preacher told them to do.(which is just weird)
I saw the preacher give false hope to people that don't need false hope.
I saw a lot of people fall down on the ground.
I saw a lot of people act a fool.

What I did NOT see was anyone get healed.
Okay

Morristown, TN

#15 Aug 15, 2011
I think the shakeing and all that good stuff is all for show. Some churches are just so stupid for doing that.
Simple Joe

Dandridge, TN

#16 Aug 15, 2011
yea wrote:
Well let me know when god does indeed heal an amputee. Meanwhile I'll not be holding my breath.
yea

Morristown, TN

#17 Aug 15, 2011
Seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me ask you this. You believe in the healing power of the Lord? Obviously. I do as well. My question to you is, why in the world do you feel the need to act all kinds a fool during all of this? People talking in tongues, it states in the Bible that speaking in tongues is 1. Should never be done without an interpreter (which btw, when I was there there was NO interpreter) and 2. Isn't even needed anymore b/c God and Jesus and the Holy Ghost can speak to whoever.
I don't know much about the Pentecostal faith, however, I do know it's a little extreme. Like I said before, I'm all for believing however you feel you need to believe, but that was ridiculous what I saw.
I saw the preacher get out of a BRAND NEW Cadillac CTS
I saw the congregation do WHATEVER the preacher told them to do.(which is just weird)
I saw the preacher give false hope to people that don't need false hope.
I saw a lot of people fall down on the ground.
I saw a lot of people act a fool.
What I did NOT see was anyone get healed.
well thats awful funny you seen the pastor get out of a cadilac when he doesnt own one! so get your facts straight on that...if you are in a church then the pastor is the shepard of the house and he put there to spiritually guide you and if you dont believe that then you should just stay at home, and yes that is biblical. tounges, ok so where in the bible does it say that tounges are not for this day and we dont need them anymore? well 1st off tounges is when you speak directly to God, when we pray we go through jesus christ. speaking in tounges has nothing to do with God, Jesus or the Holy Ghost speaking to you lol. Oh and you only need an interpreter if you are speaking in tounges for the church if not you dont need an interpreter cause thats between you and God. if your going to bash something atleast know what you are talking about. and "people falling all over the ground" when the spirit is on you so heavy you cant do nothing but fall, trust me i doubted till it happened to me. The pastor didnt give false hope to anyone, maybe if you would of stayed long enough you would of grasped the message, and yes the message that he gives is biblical.
maybe if God has brought you out of what God has brought those people out, you would have a radical praise to!
yea

Morristown, TN

#18 Aug 15, 2011
Simple Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Well let me know when god does indeed heal an amputee. Meanwhile I'll not be holding my breath.
God is a creater, if he had created the leg, arm or whatever the case maybe, what makes you think that God cant create it again. God can do whatever God wants to do...dont put God in a box, hes not a box type God...
Simple Joe

Dandridge, TN

#19 Aug 16, 2011
yea wrote:
<quoted text>
God is a creater, if he had created the leg, arm or whatever the case maybe, what makes you think that God cant create it again. God can do whatever God wants to do...dont put God in a box, hes not a box type God...
Well that is all fine and dandy. Just let me know when an amputee and a cancer victim both walk out of that place healed.
Seriously

Morristown, TN

#20 Aug 16, 2011
yea wrote:
<quoted text>
well thats awful funny you seen the pastor get out of a cadilac when he doesnt own one! so get your facts straight on that...if you are in a church then the pastor is the shepard of the house and he put there to spiritually guide you and if you dont believe that then you should just stay at home, and yes that is biblical. tounges, ok so where in the bible does it say that tounges are not for this day and we dont need them anymore? well 1st off tounges is when you speak directly to God, when we pray we go through jesus christ. speaking in tounges has nothing to do with God, Jesus or the Holy Ghost speaking to you lol. Oh and you only need an interpreter if you are speaking in tounges for the church if not you dont need an interpreter cause thats between you and God. if your going to bash something atleast know what you are talking about. and "people falling all over the ground" when the spirit is on you so heavy you cant do nothing but fall, trust me i doubted till it happened to me. The pastor didnt give false hope to anyone, maybe if you would of stayed long enough you would of grasped the message, and yes the message that he gives is biblical.
maybe if God has brought you out of what God has brought those people out, you would have a radical praise to!
First of all, let me state this: I have my own opinions and beliefs the same as you. Did I bash you as a Christian? No I did not. I simply said it wasn't my cup of tea, but worship however you see fit. I don't see fit to worship that way, so I don't.

Don't get your daggum panties all in a wad. I am simply telling you what I WITNESSED for my own two eyes. YES, the pastor is the shepherd of the church, he shouldn't be a puppet master though. And the speaking in tongues? Why in the world would I need to speak in tongues to MY God, when I can speak to Him directly how I normally would? And when I went to this church, I saw multiple people speaking in tongues and not once did I see a translator.

Another thing that I found quite interesting and very upsetting is that when I left early someone actually followed me out and APOLOGIZED! I'm sorry, but if you feel that strongly about your faith you wouldn't feel the need to come and apologize. I also don't understand how you can bring new people in when the new people that comes in is scared to death of what is going on.

But like I said, you have your faith, I have mine. Who's to say their not both right. You have your opinion and I have mine...no need to get mad or angry or feel like you have to prove a point. Because there's no way on God's green earth are you going to prove your point to me.

And here is some information on speaking in tongues. Just to help you out.=)
http://bible.org/article/speaking-tongues

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morristown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
blonde named sunshine at dollar tree 20 min ray ho 10
Bobby Drinnon - Anyone think he's the real deal? (May '13) 1 hr ray ho 221
Hot Spot Pizza 1 hr patricktheonly1 61
Food City built too close to park for beer permit 1 hr charlie brown 28
Girls at fastop in front of Kmart 2 hr Stantheman 1
Morristown teacher charged with drug possession (Feb '11) 3 hr momand2 28
Anthony Holcombe (May '10) 3 hr Someone 2
What was goin on at courthouse yesterday? 4 hr Pathetic 46
Morristown Dating
Find my Match