Arvin Meritor layoffs
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
jake

Morristown, TN

#1 Feb 4, 2009
Has anyone heard that Arvin Meritor is laying off?
jollylolly

Morristown, TN

#2 Feb 4, 2009
that place is an effing dump... rockwell/meritor needs to close its doors permanently. i would hate to see its workers with no jobs, but with the way they treated their employees a few years back, it would serve the company right to clooe altogether... that company used to pay its workers good money.. but noooooooooooooo.. not no more. it is a effing dump
jim

Morristown, TN

#3 Feb 4, 2009
They still pay the permanate emplyees good, but the temps only make about 7.00
True

Knoxville, TN

#4 Feb 5, 2009
My Father-in-Law retired from there. Ken was payed good money for a good days work! They are depaendtant on temps now.
yep

Seymour, TN

#5 Feb 6, 2009
Yep, they're laying off. They've layed off 20 so far and more today, I think.
mad

United States

#6 Mar 14, 2009
jollylolly wrote:
that place is an effing dump... rockwell/meritor needs to close its doors permanently. i would hate to see its workers with no jobs, but with the way they treated their employees a few years back, it would serve the company right to clooe altogether... that company used to pay its workers good money.. but noooooooooooooo.. not no more. it is a effing dump
people dont need to run there mouth on sumthing they no nothing about my husband works there and they do pay there employees good money prob the best paying plant around here and i hope and pray they never close there doors. he has worked there ten years and they have always treated him good i cant believe sumone would actually say they hope they close the doors thats crazy alot of people would be without jobs and struggling so get better educated before running your mouth

Maryville, TN

#7 Mar 14, 2009
mad wrote:
<quoted text>
people dont need to run there mouth on sumthing they no nothing about my husband works there and they do pay there employees good money prob the best paying plant around here and i hope and pray they never close there doors. he has worked there ten years and they have always treated him good i cant believe sumone would actually say they hope they close the doors thats crazy alot of people would be without jobs and struggling so get better educated before running your mouth
Your husband must be kissing butt, if everything is great. If we had it to do over we should have reported them to the Dept of Labor for their policy about lost time accidents, plus many more incidents.The money was good but getting away from that place was the best thing that happened to my husband.

“Hair Of The Dog”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#8 Mar 14, 2009
mad wrote:
<quoted text>
Some punctuatuin would help keep you from looking like a babbling idiot.
lol

Loudon, TN

#9 Mar 14, 2009
Nazareth wrote:
<quoted text>
some spell check would help you
mad

United States

#11 Mar 14, 2009
Nazareth wrote:
<quoted text>
Like you have room to talk u should learn how to spell.
mad

United States

#12 Mar 14, 2009
Online wrote:
<quoted text>
Your husband must be kissing butt, if everything is great. If we had it to do over we should have reported them to the Dept of Labor for their policy about lost time accidents, plus many more incidents.The money was good but getting away from that place was the best thing that happened to my husband.
For your info my husband doesnt kiss butt he just does his job and does it well. Everyone has there own opinion and alot of people depend on there job there to support themselves and their families.
lol

Loudon, TN

#13 Mar 14, 2009
mad wrote:
<quoted text>
Like you have room to talk u should learn how to spell.
You could use some reading skills as well.
I already posted that.
mad

United States

#14 Mar 14, 2009
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
You could use some reading skills as well.
I already posted that.
I wasnt talking to you i was replying to his comment for me.
lol

Loudon, TN

#15 Mar 15, 2009
mad wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasnt talking to you i was replying to his comment for me.
sorry, you're right though. If it helps any.
Mr_Meoff

Tazewell, TN

#17 Aug 23, 2009
I have worked for over 11 years. I think it is a great place to work. Yes it is harder to work there than when I started. But times are hard and only plants that work hard will make it through the economy. I am just happy to have a job right now.
une

Morristown, TN

#18 Aug 24, 2009
Mr_Meoff wrote:
I have worked for over 11 years. I think it is a great place to work. Yes it is harder to work there than when I started. But times are hard and only plants that work hard will make it through the economy. I am just happy to have a job right now.
is that u JACK?
yes

Blountville, TN

#19 Aug 25, 2009
are they calling back?
Mr_Meoff The JoKeR

Tazewell, TN

#20 Aug 26, 2009
Hello HA! HA! This is the real Jack I am back! Batman can kiss my *@# you can't never kill me. Things looking up at the Rock. Looks like 1/3 of the plant is running this weekend.
i worked there

Charlotte, NC

#21 Mar 6, 2014
Great place
Jim

Morristown, TN

#22 Mar 7, 2014
They use to be the best paying place in town. The older employees are still paid very well, but the pay scale changed about 5 years ago and all the new hire are getting about $5 less than it use to be. But even at that it's better than other plants in the area. They still work a lot of over time. Temps are having a better chance at getting hired on full time than it use to be, if they work hard and their attendance is good.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morristown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
25E Speed Ticket Scam 1 hr Trust me 8
subway tip jar (Sep '10) 1 hr lol 137
Does anyone know the Maurice (Reese ) Young who... (Feb '15) 2 hr snake eyes 13
Michelle chase (Aug '14) 2 hr Hahahahahaha 3
Tonya Munsey "New York" 2 hr Laughing at you 11
How much should I tip a waitress? (Nov '11) 2 hr sure 60
Hot woman at JTEKT 3 hr Ashley 7
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Morristown Mortgages