Who is the best band from morristown?

Posted in the Morristown Forum

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
tribune

Morristown, TN

#1 Feb 13, 2010
Who is the best that still put on concerts from morristown? We love live local musicians and wanna catch some shows? thanks dw
Ummm

United States

#2 Feb 13, 2010
silent stone
VERTIGO

Sevierville, TN

#3 Feb 13, 2010
Only one that has made it that far.
old news

Greeneville, TN

#4 Feb 13, 2010
depends on the type of music you like for the most part. If you like metal, Angie that owns Backstage gifts host several concerts throughout the year in the parking lot of her business down on West AJ in the Western Willow shopping center.
and then there's THE DOWN TOWN on Main Street that has live bands, you have the VFW and AMVETS that have live music on weekends. Sadly enough, if you want something more family oriented though, there really isNOT a place to go. I really wish there was though, cause I gave up the party/bar scene many many years ago and would love to have places to go hear bands/singers... wish someone would get something like that going on around here!!!!
Rocky Top

Knoxville, TN

#5 Feb 13, 2010
If you're really drunk the bands that play at The Downtown are almost close to decent but if you're sober, not so much,lol.
who cares

Morristown, TN

#6 Feb 13, 2010
a band called Bonfire,I think. is all right.thay play a little bit of everything.
Chuck

Knoxville, TN

#7 Feb 13, 2010
who cares wrote:
a band called Bonfire,I think. is all right.thay play a little bit of everything.
Sounds like a pretty hot group.
who cares

Morristown, TN

#8 Feb 13, 2010
I think some of them are actually from around Greenville not sure all of them are though. And yes they are pretty good.Sing country, rock, oldies and sing it well.They were at the park in Morristown on July 4th this past year.
Jenny from the block

Whitesburg, TN

#9 Feb 13, 2010
who cares wrote:
I think some of them are actually from around Greenville not sure all of them are though. And yes they are pretty good.Sing country, rock, oldies and sing it well.They were at the park in Morristown on July 4th this past year.
'sing it well'?
They'd all be laughed right off of american idol.Of course as we all know the people of Morristown are not known for their high standards, so perhaps these bands might indeed be well liked here.
who cares

Morristown, TN

#10 Feb 13, 2010
none of your little pop American crap Idols could even play an instrument and if they cant they shouldnt even be considered as artist just plain old karaoke singers. no one is speaking of pro singers read the top post next time before you start crap.
birddog

Morristown, TN

#11 Feb 13, 2010
One of the best groups in the country is Paul Williams and the Victory Trio
lucky

Morristown, TN

#12 Feb 13, 2010
THE GRAND PARADE is great
Jenny from the block

Knoxville, TN

#13 Feb 13, 2010
who cares wrote:
none of your little pop American crap Idols could even play an instrument and if they cant they shouldnt even be considered as artist just plain old karaoke singers. no one is speaking of pro singers read the top post next time before you start crap.
The finalists on American Idol are Karaoke singers?
Nope, don't think so Bubba. Guess you're in some podunk crap band or whatever and got your lil feeelings bruised by my post but too bad, sooo sad honey child,lol. The bands that play at the Downtown and who you probably listen to are the karaoke type wannabees who sing the same songs in a different key each time depending on how much meth they smoked and/or how much jim beam they slurped up before coming out to play.
Do us a favor and next time you have a thought? LET IT GO, sweetie :)
death or glory

United States

#14 Feb 13, 2010
Cornbred blues are amazing. That music touches my soul.
who cares

Morristown, TN

#15 Feb 13, 2010
Jenny from the block wrote:
<quoted text>
The finalists on American Idol are Karaoke singers?
Nope, don't think so Bubba. Guess you're in some podunk crap band or whatever and got your lil feeelings bruised by my post but too bad, sooo sad honey child,lol. The bands that play at the Downtown and who you probably listen to are the karaoke type wannabees who sing the same songs in a different key each time depending on how much meth they smoked and/or how much jim beam they slurped up before coming out to play.
Do us a favor and next time you have a thought? LET IT GO, sweetie :)
What is your problem? I am not in a band.Someone wanted to know who was the better local talent to go and see I gave my opinion and then you started.I have never been to the down town.Still nobody is talking about professional singers. I would rather here the worst band in the world than watch American Idol..
Albert

Manchester, TN

#16 Feb 14, 2010
who cares wrote:
<quoted text>
What is your problem? I am not in a band.Someone wanted to know who was the better local talent to go and see I gave my opinion and then you started.I have never been to the down town.Still nobody is talking about professional singers. I would rather here the worst band in the world than watch American Idol..
Hey, I have an idea. DON'T WATCH AMERICAN IDOL! Damn, why didn't you have that idea?????????
ldg

Nashville, TN

#17 Feb 14, 2010
Murder in the Mirror
Sweet Squirrel Love

Coeburn, VA

#18 Feb 14, 2010
Not sure if they're still together but Euphorium kicked some major ass. Their cd is awesome!!!
who cares

Morristown, TN

#19 Feb 14, 2010
Albert wrote:
<quoted text> Hey, I have an idea. DON'T WATCH AMERICAN IDOL! Damn, why didn't you have that idea?????????
"Damn" I dont watch it.
Musician

Tazewell, TN

#20 Feb 15, 2010
there are no good bands in morristown. only lots of bad ones.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morristown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Morristown Starter/Alternator Shop (Feb '09) 28 min really 22
Wiegels attendant 4 hr Nicole 5
bp at panther creek 6 hr Regular 217
New 25e highway 6 hr Lol 4
Does anyone know Andrea Chandler? 7 hr not amused 2
New Red Light Camera 7 hr Faststang 180
shawnee smith 7 hr Help 116
Morristown Police Officers (Jun '09) 12 hr lil red vette 353

Freeze Warning for Hamblen County was issued at November 01 at 12:36AM CDT

Morristown Dating
Find my Match

Morristown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Morristown News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Morristown

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]