East Baseball Coach Leaving
JDs

Morristown, TN

#41 May 21, 2012
I seriously doubt since rice walked away from east that he could come back and coach and as far as being principle that would certainly be out. Lynch dont work like that. Mommy might help him get back in but not on that level. Keeping fingers crossed that Jackson applies.
home town

Morristown, TN

#42 May 21, 2012
Insider wrote:
The list of people who will most likely apply from what I hear are as follows:
Ryan Haun
Corey McGinnis
Johnny Rice
David Hartsook
Justin Hite
Chris Shockley
Just the word on the street. Thoughts?
Tim Taylor needs to get back into teaching. He is probably the best coach in town. Tim and Hank Smith could put East back on the map Gauranteed. They would make a great coaching combination.
wondering

Missoula, MT

#43 May 21, 2012
Padre Island wrote:
Rice bailed out on East when he got mad about not getting the job. Just like Billy Seals did. Why bring that back? He should have stayed aboard.
Hite did not coach at West he only sat in the dugout with shorts on.
These guys listed have no shot. None.
Book it.
Heard that Mike Dunfey and Casey Sullivan are the main choice.
If rice and seals came back, i can assure you east would be a lot better off athletically than they are now. Not gonna happen so wasting my breath but u obviously dont know much about coaching or east high sports
You Are Kidding

Omaha, NE

#44 May 23, 2012
Swim Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Coach Hite is young, but he's a great person. We were fortunate to have him as swim coach for part of our season this year. No, he's never coach swimming, but he found the resources he needed to help our kids and finish the season strong. As a matter of fact, West finished very well.....much better than East did with their "coach". And I must say that coach Hite is a teacher/coach who was there for the kids. They were his main concern & it showed. I NEVER once heard him raise his voice at any of the kids. I hope he's our coach again next year.
If you never heard him raise his voice you should have been at baseball practices. Very rude to the kids, going beyond coaching. Please East get him and that will give West more time to smack that rump.
West Player

Morrison, TN

#45 May 23, 2012
You Are Kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
If you never heard him raise his voice you should have been at baseball practices. Very rude to the kids, going beyond coaching. Please East get him and that will give West more time to smack that rump.
I was at those practices. He never yelled and we all know if we need anything he's there for us. I really hope Hite doesn't get the job at East. He flat out knows baseball.

But keep with your smack talk. It's so pathetic tho.
my idea

Morristown, TN

#46 May 23, 2012
Someone mentioned Blake Price. He was a good player, why not him as coach? He certainly has cane orange running through his blood. He did good at West and teaches a real subject.

As for the ones listed, I would go for Wills. He has played professionally and knows the game. Back years ago, my son played for him and he was the only one who could straighten out his batting. He knows the game of baseball.
Are You Kidding

Omaha, NE

#47 May 24, 2012
my idea wrote:
Someone mentioned Blake Price. He was a good player, why not him as coach? He certainly has cane orange running through his blood. He did good at West and teaches a real subject.
As for the ones listed, I would go for Wills. He has played professionally and knows the game. Back years ago, my son played for him and he was the only one who could straighten out his batting. He knows the game of baseball.
Price as I understand it is going back to medical school. If you want to see the next macdaddy of the IMAC go to Jefferson County (if they can keep their coach). Numerous reasons why I see that program going places.
Calvin Pecker

Morristown, TN

#48 May 24, 2012
I will announce the hiring of Chuck Stansberry at 8 p.m.
Shortstop

Morristown, TN

#49 May 27, 2012
Someone said they seen rice in town last week. I bet it is him.
IDA SUE

Morristown, TN

#50 Jun 18, 2012
WHERE IS GILLIES GOING? HE WAS AND IS A GREAT COACH!
I WILL MISS HIM A LOT, HE ALWAYS PUT THE PLAYERS FIRST
IDA SUE

Morristown, TN

#51 Jun 18, 2012
CHRIS ALWAYS PUT THE PLAYERS FIRST, SOME PEOPLE ARE JUST JEALOUS OF HIM!
Former Cane

Mount Juliet, TN

#52 Jun 18, 2012
Rice was as hired head coach at Bearden. He actually applied for the principals job at John Hay but HCBOE policy is no principals can be head coaches in high school.
FYI

Morristown, TN

#53 Jun 19, 2012
East has decided on a coach. Expect something in the near future.
FYI for Real

Morristown, TN

#54 Jun 19, 2012
New coach is Frank Glover from Franklin HS outside of Nashville... Shoule be announced in the next day or two
Billy D

Surgoinsville, TN

#55 Jun 19, 2012
home town wrote:
<quoted text>Tim Taylor needs to get back into teaching. He is probably the best coach in town. Tim and Hank Smith could put East back on the map Gauranteed. They would make a great coaching combination.
what has Hank Smith ever won. The district in little league???? U hve no clue wht it takes to coach hs level
Billy D

Surgoinsville, TN

#56 Jun 19, 2012
FYI for Real wrote:
New coach is Frank Glover from Franklin HS outside of Nashville... Shoule be announced in the next day or two
is he a blk guy. U to coach at Oak Ridge??
FYI for Real

Morristown, TN

#57 Jun 19, 2012
No he has coached in Alabama and Georgia before coaching at Page Middle School then at Franklin HS... Word is that he was forced out at Franklin, so that makes this hiring quite strange
Billy D

Surgoinsville, TN

#58 Jun 19, 2012
FYI for Real wrote:
No he has coached in Alabama and Georgia before coaching at Page Middle School then at Franklin HS... Word is that he was forced out at Franklin, so that makes this hiring quite strange
why is that strange???? Could be anything. But i bet its POLITICS like we have right here!!! Or horrible parents that get mad cause there son wasnt good enough to start or play!!
sick

Morristown, TN

#60 Jun 19, 2012
No, it's not strange at all. YET another out of town person. He is determined to replace every position with an out of town person. One position at a time.
Billy D

Surgoinsville, TN

#61 Jun 20, 2012
sick wrote:
No, it's not strange at all. YET another out of town person. He is determined to replace every position with an out of town person. One position at a time.
who u talking bout???? Plus when u did have a HOME town boy as head coach!! Everybody bitched and complained Until the RUMORS got them fired or they found a better job!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morristown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
how to make your girl squirt? (Mar '14) 11 min if only 26
Stripper (Apr '13) 22 min Val 43
who knows Slade Moore (Oct '11) 55 min lovinevrym1nute 8
Info 1 hr Same one 3
Harley Mitchell 2 hr Eww 24
loads of bullshit at LAC 2 hr Morris 14
A family Affair... Inbreeding in East Tennessee (Nov '09) 3 hr Tracy 126

Morristown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance