East Baseball Coach Leaving
Joking Right

Morristown, TN

#21 May 20, 2012
Hite Haun Rice what?
Are you serious?
Hite is a joke who got banned. Blake Price coached circles around him at West.
Haun is not his daddy and never will be
Rice left East for Karns and got beat down
Hartsock won one game at Cherokee
This thread is a joke
None of these guys have a chance

Calvin Decker knows what he is doing and he will bring in a winner not some scrub off the street
In the know

Morristown, TN

#22 May 20, 2012
hearing the frontrunner is former WS coach and Daniel Boone AD Roger Jackson
Funny

United States

#23 May 20, 2012
Joking Right wrote:
Hite Haun Rice what?
Are you serious?
This thread is a joke
Calvin Decker knows what he is doing and he will bring in a winner not some scrub off the street
Hite didn't get banned. That's funny that people believe that. And Price and Callahan were the JV coach, not Hite. Dumbass.

Rice will be frontrunner. Book it.
Funny

United States

#24 May 20, 2012
In the know wrote:
hearing the frontrunner is former WS coach and Daniel Boone AD Roger Jackson
Would be a good hire. Bet he doesn't step down from administrator role, though.
UTVol4Life

Knoxville, TN

#25 May 20, 2012
Does former Hurricane Mike Prince have any interest in coaching. I know he graduated from ETSU and played for several great coaches.
Player 2

Morristown, TN

#26 May 20, 2012
Gilles was PE, Haun is special Ed @east, and I think Rice is english( from the Karns website).
Padre Island

Morristown, TN

#27 May 20, 2012
Rice bailed out on East when he got mad about not getting the job. Just like Billy Seals did. Why bring that back? He should have stayed aboard.
Hite did not coach at West he only sat in the dugout with shorts on.
These guys listed have no shot. None.
Book it.

Heard that Mike Dunfey and Casey Sullivan are the main choice.
Cane Dad

Morristown, TN

#28 May 20, 2012
My son has played for Haun, and I guarantee if Haun gets the job you will see a lot of changes in the program. I would sit and watch from talley ward while they were practicing, Haun had those guys going through more drills than gillies even introduced them to. I can tell you he will get more out of those when he is the say on how things will be ran. No, he may not be his daddy, but he's not far off. And for whoever posted that he wasn't a good player, you never saw him play!!!!!
My vote is Haun, but good luck to all candidates!
Tocents

Morristown, TN

#29 May 20, 2012
Joking Right wrote:
Hite Haun Rice what?
Are you serious?
This thread is a joke
Why& When did Hite get banned?Rofl ... Haun is not his daddy?Are you serious?They are both arrogant hot heads with destructive tempers and zero people skills. Both of them think the world owes them something. Aint the whole family wife,,son and son-in-law all employees?Hmmmm? Maybe someone does owe them something.Rice left Hamblen for Knox so why take him back?!!!??? Get real.Hartsock not a bad choice but there are a lot of great coaches and former players out there willing to do the job. It would be great to see some fresh blood.
Caneman

Morristown, TN

#30 May 20, 2012
Cane Dad wrote:
My son has played for Haun, and I guarantee if Haun gets the job you will see a lot of changes in the program. I would sit and watch from talley ward while they were practicing, Haun had those guys going through more drills than gillies even introduced them to. I can tell you he will get more out of those when he is the say on how things will be ran. No, he may not be his daddy, but he's not far off. And for whoever posted that he wasn't a good player, you never saw him play!!!!!
My vote is Haun, but good luck to all candidates!

Cane Dad = Haun himself, daddy, mommy, brother in law or other family member.
JustWandering

United States

#31 May 20, 2012
Does Bobbi still have a perm mullet ? Just wandering
Just sayin

Morristown, TN

#32 May 20, 2012
Caneman wrote:
<quoted text>.
Haun may be fine as a coach especially if his daddy helps him. But when something goes wrong and his temper shows, you won't be proud to be sitting on the east side. It's not pretty at all!
West Parent

United States

#33 May 20, 2012
Tocents wrote:
<quoted text>
Why& When did Hite get banned?Rofl ... Haun is not his daddy?Are you serious?They are both arrogant hot heads with destructive tempers and zero people skills. Both of them think the world owes them something. Aint the whole family wife,,son and son-in-law all employees?Hmmmm? Maybe someone does owe them something.Rice left Hamblen for Knox so why take him back?!!!??? Get real.Hartsock not a bad choice but there are a lot of great coaches and former players out there willing to do the job. It would be great to see some fresh blood.
Hite never got banned. Vicious lie trying to smear a good guy. He made a prior commitment before being hired and stuck with it. Kudos to him for not going back on his word.
Ha Ha

Morristown, TN

#34 May 20, 2012
West Parent wrote:
<quoted text>
Hite never got banned. Vicious lie trying to smear a good guy. He made a prior commitment before being hired and stuck with it. Kudos to him for not going back on his word.
Smear campaign ha
just ask the West parents
just my opinion

Morristown, TN

#35 May 20, 2012
I hope NONE of the would be coaches mentioned above gets it... None have the ability to coach high school baseball at a championship level... I do not know any of them personally they could be the worlds best guy,I am not attacking them.
I just hope a better suited canidate comes knocking for the area and players sake.. I do not have a horse in this race but do love high school baseball..
If East wants a "coach" they need to go find one,pay the money and bring them here... The buddy system hiring has failed East for so long now, it is time to send it packing too... Both boys and girls basketball teams seem to be getting on track and its time for the other programs to catch up.....
Former player

Morristown, TN

#36 May 20, 2012
Just sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Haun... when something goes wrong and his temper shows, you won't be proud to be sitting on the east side. It's not pretty at all!
Now that's the truth! Both of them are explosive to say the least.
Chris Ayers

Morristown, TN

#37 May 20, 2012
This is an interesting subject because Morristown East is a good baseball school with strong tradition up in here, up in here.

I know every person mentioned in this thread and I will give you my two cents. I may even give you three cents.

Johnny Rice: I played against him and coached against him when I was at Morristown West. Rice knows the game. I coached with Chuck Stansbery and he coached with Adrian Wills. And I will say this...Rice knew what we were doing. However, I stole his signs. And I broke up his no-hitter in high school.
But, just like Vanilla Ice it would be nice to be singing Vanilla Rice Rice Baby. He was a good pitcher and he's smart. He is a baseball guy and I like him. He is worthy of the job.

Ryan Haun: Ryan and I used to roll double plays together, we used to coach at West together, and we used to play whiffle ball with Walter Coffey. Ryan knows the game. And he learned a lot being a first base coach at Tennessee Tech. I also coached with his dad who always treated me with respect. Ryan is a good guy who means well. However, I pinned him in a shirtless wrestling match while Will Noe wore his umpire gear and yelled, "Ball One, Ball Two, Ball Three, Ball Four."
Haun is a winner. Winner, winner, chicken dinner.
He is a balla, shot calla, 20-inch blades on his Chevy Impala. He is worthy of the job.

Corey McGinnis and Shockley: Great players from the East Side of town. Both are worthy candidates who were very good ball players and know the game. Great young minds. Both played college baseball and excelled. They are worthy of the job

Justin Hite: Hite knows the game. Hite knows everyone's game. I coached him and coached with him. As a player, he won me a TN State Title Championship Ring after firing a fearless 1-0 win over Virginia in the Babe Ruth Southeastern Tournament.
Before the game, I looked Hite in the eye and said, "Hite, win this one for the gipper." He looked at me and said, "What's a gipper." I said, "I don't know, but we got money to go to Red Lobster after the game thanks to Craig Price and Derwin, so at least get the game over with quickly." He then fired a thirty minute three hitter.
However, we coached together and he hoisted me into the air after we won the league. Then, I got down and hoisted him in the air. Then, we both got down and hoisted Walter Coffey in the air. We then poured Gatorade across our chests and yelled, "If I could be like Mike. Oh yeah, we is."
Hite played in college and could throw the ball all day. Hite is a smart guy who knows the game. He is worthy of the job. The talk of him being 'banned' is non-sense. What a crock of Betty Crocker Crock Pot Harry Potter.

David Hartsock: You can't judge him based upon the record of Cherokee. He tried his best, took the whippings, but kept on ticking. He loves baseball and it shows. He took over at Cherokee after a depressing off-season and turned into a fun place to play. He is very likable and treats people with respect.

Roger Jackson: Don't think he is going to apply. That would suprise me. But, I have been surprised before. One time I went to a field day and they weren't giving away ribbons. That was at West Elementary this year. I was surprised because it was a field day were everyone participated and no ribbons were awarded. Roger is a real good guy.

I do not know Mike Prince,but I do know Prince Fielder and Purple Rain Prince. I also know Prince William and Prince and the Pauper and Rowdy Roddy Piper.

I have no clue if any of these coaches have applied, but everyone listed is a good choice. The future will be bright at East.

The only person that I have heard that has applied for the coaching job opening at Morristown East High School is Davey Joe. "Hot dog with beans."

FYI: When Morristown East hired current C-N coach Tom Griffin to coach the Hurricanes back in the day, the job was almost offered to Roger Jackson and a darkhorse pick. The darkhorse pick...Lincoln Height's Chris Wolfe.
buxton buttlipps

Morristown, TN

#38 May 20, 2012
WTF? are you babbling about? I would not have put my name beside that post... Shame on your attempt at humor or whatever it was...
Cane Dad

Morristown, TN

#39 May 20, 2012
Caneman wrote:
<quoted text>.
This post is made by none of those people, I know because my son plays in the infield and pitcher.
Former Cane

Mount Juliet, TN

#40 May 20, 2012
I would doubt that R Jackson applies. I think J.Rice has applied as a principle at the alternative school and with his mother at central office that's a possibilty,but I don't think you can coach and be a principle. That leaves D Hartsock which I think would be a good choice. Mcginnis and Haun are too young for the job !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morristown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WHY MEN AND women ARE NOT EQUAL (Dec '09) 1 hr venusfreedom 260
does anyone know jason hayes??????? (Nov '08) 1 hr Amy 68
indiscretions 2 hr Just wrong 3
is it legal to live in a camper with kids?? (Jan '16) 2 hr fat man 28
Lonley 4 hr Jung 8
Karm store in Talbott 6 hr former employee 2
Best site to see the up to date inmates? 6 hr SOS 2

Morristown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance