Wittman residents fight encroachment

There are 17 comments on the Arizona Republic story from Feb 14, 2008, titled Wittman residents fight encroachment. In it, Arizona Republic reports that:

Web site informs homeowners of nearby projects Erin Zlomek Arizona Business Gazette Feb.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Arizona Republic.

“I Care About Our Town ”

Since: Nov 07

Phoenix, now Wittmann

#1 Feb 16, 2008
Ah!! So the Mayor of Surprise has a scapegoat that did the dirty work for her in a way. Nice to know.
723 acres now huh? It was only 720 w/in the past month or two.
Amazing what those of us that live in Wittmann are told VERSUS the TRUTH!

They think we're already ticked off about BNSF? Wait til I copy/paste this to our local Website!!

“I Care About Our Town ”

Phoenix, now Wittmann

#2 Feb 16, 2008
For those of U who havent seen this...

Web site informs homeowners of nearby projects
Erin Zlomek
Arizona Business Gazette
Feb. 14, 2008 12:00 AM

Ranchers and landowners living in the unincorporated northwest Valley have organized their efforts to fight encroaching development from Surprise.

The Web site www.wittmanncitizens.com , launched in December, is the group's way of keeping northwest Valley residents informed about what they feel are unwanted projects that would disturb their rural environment.

For years, homeowners and ranchers in the unincorporated communities of Wittmann, Morristown and Circle City have attended Surprise City Council meetings to speak out against housing developments proposed near their communities that would be annexed into Surprise at a later date.

Most recently, the target of complaints has been a 723-acre BNSF Railway switchyard and industrial center that is expected to go up near the Nadaburg Elementary School in Wittmann and would eventually get annexed into Surprise.

Web site organizer Jan Dodgen said the site has recently received a lot of attention from retirees living in the Sun Cities, who have voiced support for their cause.

A few months ago, Wittmann residents began attending railroad-safety conferences in California so that they could share the information they gathered with the site's readers, she said.

The site also lists City Council meeting dates, allows visitors to post comments and links to local newspaper articles.

** This I have a problem with **

“I Care About Our Town ”

Phoenix, now Wittmann

#3 Feb 16, 2008
&& here's the kicker...

This 723 acre site sits north of Grand ave. and just 1300 ft. from the school, the north fence will but up to custom homes 2500 to 4000 sq. ft. acre horse properties built from 2000 to current aprox 60 homes and just across the street is the 5000 acre toll brothers site 16,000 proposed homes to be built, the problem here is Bnsf purchased the 723 acre site in 2005 with a total disregard of the current residents, and proposed, We found out by attending comunity outreach meetings in june of 2007 the bnsf rep.

Latonya Finch, whom worked for Surprise P&z went to work for bnsf in 2005, submitted an incomplete application, failed to post proper signage on the property, the sign went up in august on the 22-2007,the city of Surprise and BNSF thought they could slip this by the residents, thank god we cought this, and will give them a run for there money,

if Bnsf wants this so bad bring your checkbook,60 plus homes at 400,000 to more than a million, start writting the checks or back off and turn it into a park, a railyard like they propose should not but up to a school or custom homes, but be built out in Agila in the middle of nowhere, not to mention the traffic will use Grand ave and that will be 146,000 vehicle trips per day it cant handle the traffic it has now. good job City of Surprise and Bnsf.
Realist

Phoenix, AZ

#4 Feb 17, 2008
Dude, take your meds! Surprise encroaching on Wittmann? What you don't want nice houses, stores and restaurants to encroach on your crappy run down shacks and trailers? God you Wittman Whiners are morons.
Phlbrt1

United States

#5 Feb 17, 2008
Realist wrote:
Dude, take your meds! Surprise encroaching on Wittmann? What you don't want nice houses, stores and restaurants to encroach on your crappy run down shacks and trailers? God you Wittman Whiners are morons.
Dude the one on meds here is YOU!!! You would have to be to live in Surprise in your 1600 sq. ft. 2 story home with a 10x30 back yard, doesn't that bother you??? that you can hand your nieghbor a bar of soap, and the gridlock from hell, you probably don't even go to the city council meetings, well guess what, if this railyard goes through you will be in a world of hurt, 146,000 vehicle trips per day down GRAND AVE into your neck of the woods, so get off your ass and do something about it!!!!
Realist

Phoenix, AZ

#6 Feb 23, 2008
Dude! You're the idiot that turned an AZ Central blog about the Surprise mayor into yet another tired old repetative whine about the rail yard that is coming to Shittmann - oops, I mean Wittman. You're just jealous because you can't afford to live in Surprise. Now go throw the trash out your trailer door into the dirt yard like a good Shittmannite.
Phlbrt1

United States

#7 Feb 23, 2008
Realist, The only idiot here is you !!! You think Wittmann is just what you see from Grand ave. and that is just fine don't dare venture north or south of Grand because most of the homes would put that shithole that you live in to shame, 2500 to 4500 sq.ft homes with pools and horse property, we chose to build here for a reason to be away from folks like you, your home is a 1600 sq.ft 2 story,you get slammed daily from your hoa, the wife is bitching, get a life Surprise has the highest sales tax in the state, the roads suck and the ex. mayor Shafer shoul have been recalled 14 yrs ago besides your home would fit in my shop and I would still have room for the QUADS !!!!!! so get a life. The pride and joy of Surprise the RAILPLEX is just across the street from your shack, so your not out of the woods and will never be as long as you live in Surprise.
i shoot2kill

United States

#8 Feb 23, 2008
realist your missing a u,r,and an h in your screen name then bogel it. most of the resident in wittmann were the success stories that moved out of surprise to a better life style of piece and quite. just think of this DUDE your box probabaly backs to litchfiel or reems, and if this switching yard goes in your little toyota will be like a nail in the tire of on of the many 1000s of 18 wheelers that will use those two passages to the giant industrial yard on cactus and litchfield. oh maybe u drive a moped, so your handle bar will be the nail. i would say brains before bronze big mouth but you lack both urrealshit. you wouldn't even be able to come close of owning a house in wittmann because your already upside down by 100k on your 150k home,but if you like the gangbangers ridding there bikes up and down between those cracker boxes you call homes your choise. get a life or stick to myspace.
i shoot2kill

United States

#9 Feb 23, 2008
go pick your weeds realsh&t
Realistic Idiot

United States

#10 Feb 23, 2008
Realist wrote:
Hey Sardo, stick your head out of your second story closet...I mean bedroom and you will discover that those "crappy run down shacks" are disappearing one by one and being replaced with nice single story estate homes worth twice what your cracker box is worth. Wittmann IS much more desirable that Surprise for many reasons, including less taxes, less crime, less density, less B.S., and......less idiots like you. Our stores and restaurants are coming. Keep your arse out!

Since: Feb 08

United States

#11 Feb 23, 2008
go realistic and we can shoot of our porches.. surprise bang

“I Care About Our Town ”

Phoenix, now Wittmann

#12 Feb 25, 2008
hey, lets not forget....

we can do whatever we want here.

No HOAs telling us what to do.

We can put up a no trespassing sign & shoot people who come onto our properties & the cops cant do anything about it. & YES I CHECKED!!!! want the ARS #???? I HAVE It!

We can sit outside and smoke a cigarette if we wanna take up smoking. Unlike Tempe, and a few other cities around the Valley.

Can Realist wannabee Shittmanite do that?? NOT LIKELY!!!
Phlbrt1

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#13 Feb 25, 2008
Everybody should check this out, developer opens space at Surprise railplex go to az central.com click on Surprise, what a perfect place for the Wittmann railyard in there own backyard.
birdman

Avondale, AZ

#14 Apr 11, 2008
Just wondering which Wittmann landowner sold the 723 acres to BNSF.
New Wittmann Resident wrote:
Ah!! So the Mayor of Surprise has a scapegoat that did the dirty work for her in a way. Nice to know.
723 acres now huh? It was only 720 w/in the past month or two.
Amazing what those of us that live in Wittmann are told VERSUS the TRUTH!
They think we're already ticked off about BNSF? Wait til I copy/paste this to our local Website!!
Realist

Phoenix, AZ

#15 Apr 12, 2008
NWR said "We can put up a no trespassing sign & shoot people who come onto our properties & the cops cant do anything about it. & YES I CHECKED!!!! want the ARS #???? I HAVE It!"

Good way to go to jail. AZ law does not allow deadly force for trespassing. You are proving what everyone says about wittmann - backwards, ignorant, inbreds.
Wyatt

United States

#16 Apr 12, 2008
We still gonna shoot you!!!!
Realist

Phoenix, AZ

#17 Apr 13, 2008
I can see it now ..

"BillyBob, get off your sister and grab the gun, we got ourselves one of them trespassers!"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morristown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
J W Simms (Dec '07) Feb 15 Lordslamp 24
News Meet Ava, Arizona Snowbowl's new avalanche resc... Feb 12 Nice News 1
News Therapy horse 'Mister' rescued from ditch in Av... Feb 12 Nice News 1
News Permit for mine that could threaten jaguar El J... Feb 12 Bios Incube Kicks... 1
News Local HOA's runway rules spark conflict Feb 12 Bios Incube Kicks... 1
Review: Sun City West Animal Hospital - Joshua ... (Sep '09) Feb 7 no1pooch 14
Man found dead on swap meet grounds Feb 5 Currious 1

Morristown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Morristown Mortgages