Glendale, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2009

Judged:

Everyone at the shop is super helpful and understanding. Thanks for the great service and helping me with my first R/C purchase.
Unemployed

Sun City, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2009

Judged:

The owner is either a bad salesman or has no clue to what he is talking about. I picked up a vintage RC 10 L road car from a garage sale for 20 bucks. Took it in and asked for parts he laughed at me and said i would be better off buying a new car from him as no parts are available. I found Tower Hobbies had the parts from a R5 that would fit. The car does about 50 mph now and he was wrong. Next I get a xtm XLB. Take it in and he puts me down in front of other customers and states that the engine is bad and it will cost 200 bucks to get the car running. Wrong again. I put some nitro in it and it started right up. Does about 50 in the grass and is the only thing keeping me sane in these hard times of no work. I cannot afford expensive parts or new cars right now. And it is funny how slow his shop is. Thats because he has burned enough customers and will probably lose everything. From now on I will go to ONE HOBBIES in El Mirage.
bdaddy

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2009

Judged:

Unemployed wrote:
The owner is either a bad salesman or has no clue to what he is talking about. I picked up a vintage RC 10 L road car from a garage sale for 20 bucks. Took it in and asked for parts he laughed at me and said i would be better off buying a new car from him as no parts are available. I found Tower Hobbies had the parts from a R5 that would fit. The car does about 50 mph now and he was wrong. Next I get a xtm XLB. Take it in and he puts me down in front of other customers and states that the engine is bad and it will cost 200 bucks to get the car running. Wrong again. I put some nitro in it and it started right up. Does about 50 in the grass and is the only thing keeping me sane in these hard times of no work. I cannot afford expensive parts or new cars right now. And it is funny how slow his shop is. Thats because he has burned enough customers and will probably lose everything. From now on I will go to ONE HOBBIES in El Mirage.
I seriously doubt an unemployed person is driving all the way from Scottsdale out to Surpise to go to a hobby shop.. pppllllleeeeeeeeeeaaase
J W Simms

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2009

Judged:

These are toy cars you idiots are whining about? Grow up! J.W. Simms.
Jeff Freeman

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2009

Judged:

Quicks RC is a great place to shop. I wa there a few days ago buying parts for mine and my daughters Associated cars and the owner was very knowledgeable. Its the only place i'll shop from now on
mans

Glendale, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2009

Judged:

one hobbies is sick
Confused

Peoria, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2009

Judged:

Why would you take in a car accross the valley to get fixed if it wasn't broken? Silly.
Unemployed wrote:
RCPoppa

Peoria, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2009

Judged:

I bought a starter box from him. The thing looked ok upon removing it from the box, but after deeper inspection it had clearly been used to scavenge parts for anther box. In addition it did not accept the batter I purchased for it. I asked 5 times if the battery would work with it. Finally, it was not sufficiently adjustable for my truck to have the flywheel hit the starter wheel.

I was trying to save a few bucks in buying the OFNA box. Better to just go spend the money. And watch out for this guy. He always seems to "KNOW" everything, but doesn't have the patience for others ideas. I've been in RC as long as he has, I'm just on the spend side of the counter.

Not going back.
hank

Kaneohe, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2009

I agree with bdadddy unemployed is so wrong!!
hank

Kaneohe, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2009

Wow, "unemployed" sounds a little sensitive. I have been there several times and have never had a bad experience. I actually came on today to write a good review for the store because I found the owner to be genuinely helpful and knowlegable about cars. Just moved to HI and wish that there were stores like Quicks here.
Austin White

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2009

RCPoppa wrote:
I bought a starter box from him. The thing looked ok upon removing it from the box, but after deeper inspection it had clearly been used to scavenge parts for anther box. In addition it did not accept the batter I purchased for it. I asked 5 times if the battery would work with it. Finally, it was not sufficiently adjustable for my truck to have the flywheel hit the starter wheel.
I was trying to save a few bucks in buying the OFNA box. Better to just go spend the money. And watch out for this guy. He always seems to "KNOW" everything, but doesn't have the patience for others ideas. I've been in RC as long as he has, I'm just on the spend side of the counter.
Not going back.
If you have been in RC cars as long as he has why were u asking him 5 times if the battery worked? Kind of sounds like you KNOW it all already haha
bbl

Peoria, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2009

bdaddy wrote:
<quoted text>
I seriously doubt an unemployed person is driving all the way from Scottsdale out to Surpise to go to a hobby shop.. pppllllleeeeeeeeeeaaase
Evidently you don't know where peoria is
KPGUY

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2009

LOL @ losers and their toy cars! My idiot neighbor was playing with one of those toy cars in the street the other day. I made it look like I swerved to miss it but I successfully nailed it with my front tire. HA! Run it in the street again Sparky I love the sport!
adam d

Tolleson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2010

Judged:

This a true racers shop that carries hard to get xray ,mugen parts ,they also have all the go fast hookups for your race cars. and bashers and now they are suppling all the parts for the new fear farm race track,mad props to the quicks race team for coming to deckers jackrabbit track in buckeye !!!!
RLL

Laveen, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2010

Judged:

Stopped in this shop cause at the time I was on that side of town. And here is my review, I am new to the RC scene so I was putting my trust in someone to guide me along the way in what I needed to purchase to keep me going on an rc track longer. Well, after talking with the owner of the shop, which I had no bad experience with and the shop is very nice and well organized, he sold me two batteries and a quick charger. Well, needless to say after checking further into prices on batteries that are Nihm's and only 7.2v 1600's I could have purchased them somewhere else for way less. Each battery was basically $33 and the charger was priced right. So, I was in a nut shell lied to and ripped off. He told me that the batteries would last way longer all of one minute longer (I timed them vs. a 7.2v 1200) and I could have purchased the 2 batteries for $30. Here's my beef about it, I am willing to fully support the local businesses, but don't rip me off or lie to me. I feel like he took advantage of the situation to make a sale. Now, I'm not saying I won't go back there if I'm on that side of town cause I might need something and it could be priced right. But, being taken advantage and lied to is just not right and bad for business in my opinion. Especially, with a new customer. Guess, his overhead must be high. Like I said before, I have no problem with the the shop and doing business there again and I am even willing to give him a second chance. Just this time I know what to look for price wise. Just look and price shop is what I am saying. Have a good one.
Googler

Surprise, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2010

bdaddy wrote:
<quoted text>
Except reviews on Google are absolutely consistent with this review.
ironmang

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2010

Judged:

bdaddy wrote:
<quoted text>
response to bdaddy..... unemployed aint from Scottsdale but Glendale... next to Surprise.. imagine that. And I agree with unemployed the owner of Quicks is a dick.. His parter however is cool . I drive road cars, highly modded savage, and I fly both electric and gas planes, Blah Blah.. The owner thinks he is all knowing but Ive already said that..DICK!! Perhaps I will open a hobby place in Surprise, with good service and put this moron out... perhaps even hire Mr unemployed in GLENDALE.
ironmang

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2010

Ahhh.. I cant stop... KPGUY I hope someone drives a fifth scale.. whatever.. into you and breaks you friggin shin. I bet your neighbors just love you.
Giggle

Cave Creek, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2010

Hey how much would a rolling chase of a 1/10 scale nitro trophy truck cost me I'm in need of one bad.I'm looking for around the price of a $160.00. Thanks dalton.
Slah2wdbrushless

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2011

alright quicks its a cool place.. the non-owner is cool the shorter guy... cant think of his name ...

But i accidently drove my 1/18 scale through water and fried the micro speed control.
And they told me i was better off buying a new 1/18 scale car .=[ but im going in there today to fix it up and buy a batter/charger for my slash

Im going back =]( good friendly invornment and good customer service )

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of41
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Morristown Discussions

Search the Morristown Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
4 Arizonans indicted, 1 arrested in national st... Sat in excess 2
Review: Lone Star Property Management (Apr '09) Apr 8 Kingswood Parke longtimer 20
AZ Who do you support for Governor in Arizona in 2... (Oct '10) Apr 6 illegals r criminals 448
The Web's grumpiest cat has hit her terrible twos Apr 4 Green68Mustang 1
the new ''black;; surprise (Apr '13) Apr 4 cuckold 17
Wittmann Az History (Jul '13) Apr 3 Gunslinger 5
Review: Valley Of The Sun Pediatrics (Jun '11) Apr 2 Tina Miller 5
•••
•••
•••
Morristown Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Morristown Jobs