Trucking company officers charged

Trucking company officers charged

There are 312 comments on the Morning Journal story from Aug 26, 2011, titled Trucking company officers charged. In it, Morning Journal reports that:

Officers of a local trucking company have been charged in federal court in Cleveland with an alleged check kiting scheme.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Morning Journal.

First Prev
of 16
Next Last
bernardo

Philipsburg, PA

#1 Aug 27, 2011
So, why no comments about the Company Owner who got caught ? The Progress sure wouldn't want to ruffle the Republicans in the area
Haha

Clearfield, PA

#2 Aug 27, 2011
Or that they also have ties to Kephart Trucking in Woodland(hence Timothy Kephart) and do the same things there!
hehe

Ebensburg, PA

#4 Aug 27, 2011
AND how bout the fact that this is not Mark Michael's first! He got booted from Walter Hopkins for embezzlement! Now, he's essentially doing the same thing! Can you say...BUSTED!! HAHA...HEHE

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#5 Aug 27, 2011
hehe wrote:
AND how bout the fact that this is not Mark Michael's first! He got booted from Walter Hopkins for embezzlement! Now, he's essentially doing the same thing! Can you say...BUSTED!! HAHA...HEHE
Was he terminated from Walter Hopkins or were charges filed? Many times employers simply discharge the dishonest employee who goes on to commit the same infractions with his next employer. Employers really need to follow through and file charges against these types of people to prevent them from continuing to harm others.
hehe

Ebensburg, PA

#6 Aug 28, 2011
Could NOT have said it better rev! Bingo...he was terminated and moved to Kephart Trucking...wth? I was kinda dumb founded when it all went down...no charges filed. I'm thinking he won't be so lucky this time!
the progress

Clearfield, PA

#7 Aug 28, 2011
You won't read about this in The Progress because one of the perps, Mark Michael, is the nephew of the publisher Margie Krebs.
old trucker

Brockway, PA

#8 Aug 28, 2011
I think he fit right in at Kephart, wait Kephart was on the up and up.......Riiiggghhht. He belonged with the right company.
Reverand Erreverant

Clearfield, PA

#9 Aug 28, 2011
Who was harmed?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#10 Aug 29, 2011
Before we all cast stones at Tim Kephart ask yourself what would you do to save your Company? I am not employed by this Company, nor related to Tim Kephart, but I do know people who work for this Company, and they are greatful to even have jobs at this time, Did this happen because he was trying to make payroll? Is this the doing of one person? Mark Michaels? This is a family owned Business that has kept many people employed for years, and with the price of fuel and everything else going up it amazing that Any COMPANY can keep going. If Mark did this he should be punished...from the sounds of it,this isnt the first time... Have a great day.
bubba

Osceola Mills, PA

#11 Aug 29, 2011
ask the country club set--you know the rich and elite---they fired him
Tony Soprano

Columbus, OH

#12 Aug 29, 2011
Garbage hauling and crime, what a suprise..
Gimme a Break

Hollidaysburg, PA

#13 Aug 29, 2011
First off casting stones at Tim Kephart! Give me a break!!! It is called KARMA and it finally caught up to him! Second, I personally know people that work there also! Yes jobs are terrific! But alot of shady things have been done to make payroll! Why not try it like everyone else! Pay your bills to start with, then you wouldnt have to write so many bad checks to cover everything! And his whole "Family Buisness" Crap is a bunch of bull, he is in it for one person and one only!!! He sunk this company and has no one else to blame but himself! And just think he is on a School Board and makes decisions that are supposed to benefit Our kids!!! Dont feel sorry for him feel sorry for everyone in the sinking ship that he is taking with him!!!!
puzzled

Marysville, OH

#14 Aug 29, 2011
Where in that story is Kephart Trucking mentioned?
ReadIt

Clearfield, PA

#15 Aug 30, 2011
Nowhere is Kephart Trucking mentioned in the article, however two of those charged are big wigs at Kephart Trucking. Read post 2 of this thread...even asks why there is no mention of Kephart Trucking

Cumberland, MD

#16 Sep 2, 2011
ReadIt wrote:
Nowhere is Kephart Trucking mentioned in the article, however two of those charged are big wigs at Kephart Trucking. Read post 2 of this thread...even asks why there is no mention of Kephart Trucking
they went under dart trucking{side stepping}took alot of work from local truckers.if thats what you call saving your company, i don't want to be apart of it.the check scheme was used to get the money to run this company.i was taught to live within my means, not spend what you do not have.

“Stop the Clfd Topix bully”

Since: Jul 11

Clearfield

#17 Sep 2, 2011
the progress wrote:
You won't read about this in The Progress because one of the perps, Mark Michael, is the nephew of the publisher Margie Krebs.
It was in the progress!! What the heck are you smoking?
Trucker

Cumberland, MD

#18 Sep 3, 2011
Nothing will happen to em!
Know it all al

United States

#19 Sep 3, 2011
It was not in the progress when the first post was posted . This is why I love this site . No facts. Just stupid people.

“Stop the Clfd Topix bully”

Since: Jul 11

Clearfield

#20 Sep 3, 2011
Know it all al wrote:
It was not in the progress when the first post was posted . This is why I love this site . No facts. Just stupid people.
The poster I responded to, said "it won't be on the progress." You are right...stupid people making claims without facts.
wild billy rosewood

Morrisdale, PA

#21 Sep 3, 2011
It was on the FBI's website and in the Youngstown Ohio news long before it was in the Progress. Not too hard to realize one of the men nabbed was the nephew of Margie Krebs. Maybe he inherited her ability to get something for nothing, right place at right time bs.

as for trying to save a company, BS. So its ok to rob peter to pay paul? They knew very well what they were doing, and most of the Dart trucks now say BMC on them, another "kephart family business" and of course Lee Stoneburner had his hands in that one too. So if you think Kephart Trucking is doing good for their employees, just ask all the former drivers that had trucks leased on just how much money they either are still owed or waited months to get...but i guess thats taking care of your own, and I dont see many, if any owner operators leased onto Kephart anymore.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 16
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morrisdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
anyone know Mary suka, soca I don't know how to... (Jul '14) Sat grossed out 32
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Pennsylvan... (Oct '10) Sat Archie Bunker 8
Kimberly walk sones (Nov '14) Aug 26 Joe Blow 30
30+ have nothing better to do with your lives Aug 26 80s boy 6
Sara Bobbert Aug 25 annoyed in Philip... 13
Teacher and Student at PO Aug 23 Head 11
Police following dangerously close and flashing... Aug 19 Anonymous 11
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Morrisdale Mortgages