Senator's daughter hired as assistant prosecutor

Full story: Daily Record 7
The daughter of state Sen. Robert J. Martin, R-Morris Plains, has been hired as a new Morris County assistant prosecutor at a salary of $70,000. The hiring of Elizabeth McKeever, 29, was approved Wednesday by ... Full Story
Pete

United States

#1 Sep 20, 2006
As a Morris County taxpayer, I am absolutely appalled by the hiring of Senator Martin's daughter by the Morris County Prosecutor's Office - at a salary of $70,000, which is higher than NEARLY HALF of the 24 Assistant Prosecutors all of whom have significantly more experience. I did a bit of research and the starting salary of a MCP is around $42,000! Yet, she is making $70,000! She has only been out of law school for less than 4 years! There are people who have worked in the MCPO for 10 years who don't make $70,000. Furthermore, check out her profile on the Porzio Bromberg & Newmann website and you will quickly realize that she is a bankruptcy attorney - she has no criminal experience whatsoever but is supposed to be assigned to a special fraud unit - this is just another slap in the face to the taxpayers - please write the Morris County Freeholders to put an end to this corruption and madness! If Mrs. Martin and her father have any integrity, she will accept a salary which is in accordance with the current pay scale!
Frank Grutzo

United States

#2 Sep 20, 2006
Are Senator Martin, the Morris County Freeholders, and Prosecutor Rubinnaccio really serious? I don't know if I feel worse for the taxpayers, or the current assistant prosecutors. But, I do know that this kind of political nonsense must stop! If being a prosecutor is Mrs. McKeever's "dream" job, then she should not care about how much she gets paid. After all, I'm assuming that's why the other Asst. Prosecutors stick around and put up with this kind of crap - it's because they love serving their community.
Shane

Brooklyn, NY

#3 Sep 22, 2006
Frank Grutzo wrote:
Are Senator Martin, the Morris County Freeholders, and Prosecutor Rubinnaccio really serious? I don't know if I feel worse for the taxpayers, or the current assistant prosecutors. But, I do know that this kind of political nonsense must stop! If being a prosecutor is Mrs. McKeever's "dream" job, then she should not care about how much she gets paid. After all, I'm assuming that's why the other Asst. Prosecutors stick around and put up with this kind of crap - it's because they love serving their community.
What about the Assistant Prosectors whom have spent years tirelessly fighting crime with little thanks or pay. It is a slap in the face to all of them. Senator Martin's daughter is taking money that should go to those who have worked hard for it.
Tony

Westfield, NJ

#4 Sep 28, 2006
This is ridiculous. Then again, so is politics in a sense. This was a move by the Morris County Prosecutor to get reappointed. What better way to do so than to hire a senator's daughter?

I was an Assistant Prosecutor in a neighboring county for about 3 years. I worked like a dog for those 3 years. My annual salary was $46,000.00. Also, I passed the bar the same year as her. POLITICS, POLITICS, POLITICS.........
Jim

Brooklyn, NY

#5 Oct 6, 2006
I agree that this is just Politics as normal, but at some point enough is enough! I wish that the Assistant Prosecutors would stand-up for themselves and actually do something about it. Unfortunately, they are slaves to their pensions and are probably worried about getting fired if they make a peep. Regardless, something must be done - that is taxpayer money and a slap in the face to all Assistant Prosecutors!
Michael

United States

#6 Oct 10, 2006
The fact that Senator Martin's daughter, Elizabeth McKeever is making more than half of the current Morris County APs is unacceptable - but, at this point, it is less about the money and more about the lack of respect shown by the Prosecutor and the Senator to the current APs. They should bombard the Senator's office with nasty letters and go on strike - something should be done!
Malcom Seidenberg

Southampton, NY

#7 Oct 10, 2006
I am outraged. Senator Martin and Prosecutor Rubinnanico should be ashamed of themselves. I thought nepotism was illegal and a violation of public employees duties. I want a formal investigation and I believe that these politicians should be charged criminally. Wouldn't it be ironic if some underpaid Morris County Assistant Prosecutor is given a chance to put these two behind bars.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morris Plains Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Netcong, NJ, councilman and St. Michael's churc... (Oct '10) Dec 14 John Flaherty 98
Man caught with bag of heroin on Route 80 in De... (Apr '13) Nov '14 Randy Lim 5
Honeywell getting away with another toxic release Oct '14 Concerned citizen 1
Review: Eastern Dental Of Parsippany - Martin S... (Feb '09) Aug '14 tim 12
Citizens group presses Morris freeholders to sa... Aug '14 Luigi 1
John Miller and Sooner Copy Machines Norman, O... (Jan '11) Aug '14 RHD 40
A - Jewish atheist' lets go of the - Jewish' (Mar '14) Apr '14 MAAT 7

Morris Plains News Video

Morris Plains Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Morris Plains People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Morris Plains News, Events & Info