Under Trained Morris Police Officer

Under Trained Morris Police Officer

Posted in the Morris Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
College Student

Okmulgee, OK

#1 Jul 18, 2011
I am a student at OSU Okmulgee I was driving through the town of Morris Sunday on my way to school. I was pulled over by a female police officer for rolling through a stop sign. My licence was expired by two months,which who really keeps up with when thier license expires. I have had no traffic stops within the last five years.Keep in mind the license was expired NOT SUSPENDED. Most real police officers would have given a warning but not this one she continues to write the tickets and I ask why I'm not atleast getting a warning and she decides to call for backup, at this time I have not used any profanity nor have I raised my voice. Now we have two Okmulgee County Sheriffs deputies and a Creek Nation Lighthorse officer and the original Morris female officer. They ask me to step out of the vehicle and I do politely,they now search me and ask me if I use meth, and if you seen me you would know I do not use meth, then they ask me if I have been drinking. I tell them no because I don't drink.I offer them the oppurtunity to search the my vehicle. They told me someone could come pick my truck up but as soon as I have someone on the way to pick my truck up they decide to have my truck towed. They tell me I could walk to Okmulgee in the 100 deegree weather. As I start walking down the road I look behind and they are searching my vehicle.Why didn't they do this with me there or even ask for permission. That was illegal. I turn around and go back and watch them and they search my vehicle for two hours and all they found were college textbooks and Mcdonald's wrappers. I ask the for my soda from my truck and because I was severly thirsty and they tell me no I couldn't have it. So now they are towing my vehicle because they couldn't find any drugs or alcohol. I take picture of these officers searching the vehicle and the foou cops it took to search a coolege student on his way back to school and the sheriff's deputy tells me I need to wash his car before I take a picture of his car. My reason for writing in this forum to to shed light on how much time these four so called police officers wasted on a college student trying to better his life, and the rude manner in which these officers acted. Bear in mind these officers probably only have a high school education and no training at all. The manner in which they operated is enough to show anyone they are not able to handle any type of situation. Officer Snider of Morris you should be ashamed of yourself and the other officers should too!
ex con

United States

#2 Jul 18, 2011
Did they give you a reason why they were towing the vehicle?
College Student

Okmulgee, OK

#3 Jul 18, 2011
for expired license, but most real police let you go with a expired licence, because its easy to forget to renew your license evey 3 years. I could understand if it had been a suspended license that whole different story.
ex con

United States

#4 Jul 18, 2011
Was everything else up to date on the truck, license plates, insurance, etc?
The truth

Wagoner, OK

#5 Jul 18, 2011
Well, let's interject some actual facts here. You ran through the stop sign, had an expired drivers license (which means you are driving without a license) and no insurance verification on your person. After being told several times nicely to be quiet you proceeded to have an attitude at one point telling the officer to go get back in her car. The total time from start to finish of the stop took 58 minutes, so not sure where you are getting your 2 hour time line for searching your vehicle. When a vehicle is towed everything has to be inventoried. It protects both the driver of the vehicle as well as the officer should anything come up missing. In the state of Oklahoma you must have a valid drivers license and be in possession of proof of insurance on your person, if not, both are towable offenses. At no time were any of the officers rude or disrespectful during this stop. All four of these individuals are highly trained and competent to protect and serve the citizens of their community.
ex con

United States

#6 Jul 18, 2011
The truth wrote:
Well, let's interject some actual facts here. You ran through the stop sign, had an expired drivers license (which means you are driving without a license) and no insurance verification on your person. After being told several times nicely to be quiet you proceeded to have an attitude at one point telling the officer to go get back in her car. The total time from start to finish of the stop took 58 minutes, so not sure where you are getting your 2 hour time line for searching your vehicle. When a vehicle is towed everything has to be inventoried. It protects both the driver of the vehicle as well as the officer should anything come up missing. In the state of Oklahoma you must have a valid drivers license and be in possession of proof of insurance on your person, if not, both are towable offenses. At no time were any of the officers rude or disrespectful during this stop. All four of these individuals are highly trained and competent to protect and serve the citizens of their community.
Truth, were you were one of the officers on the stop or someone with access to that information? These are the reasons I was asking the insurance questions before. There are always two sides to a story.
College Student

Okmulgee, OK

#7 Jul 18, 2011
The truth wrote:
Well, let's interject some actual facts here. You ran through the stop sign, had an expired drivers license (which means you are driving without a license) and no insurance verification on your person. After being told several times nicely to be quiet you proceeded to have an attitude at one point telling the officer to go get back in her car. The total time from start to finish of the stop took 58 minutes, so not sure where you are getting your 2 hour time line for searching your vehicle. When a vehicle is towed everything has to be inventoried. It protects both the driver of the vehicle as well as the officer should anything come up missing. In the state of Oklahoma you must have a valid drivers license and be in possession of proof of insurance on your person, if not, both are towable offenses. At no time were any of the officers rude or disrespectful during this stop. All four of these individuals are highly trained and competent to protect and serve the citizens of their community.
Maybe qualified with a high scholl education I highly doubt any of them have any education in psychology, and if you actually thought I had been drinking or using meth then you have no business being a officer of the law and you can forget ever becoming a detective. In fact everyone of you were rude especially the one that told me I could wash his cop car. Yes that was a rude statement and I would also like to thank you officers for dumping all my belongings out of my school bag, I enjoyed picking those items up last nite especially my clothes. I think that was pretty lousy and rude too.I think the people of your community deserve better individuals to to protect and serve them. If you cannot handle a college student driving to school better than that I highly doubt you could handla a situation with a real criminal with human lives at risk.I highly doubt you have more than a high school education.
College Student

Okmulgee, OK

#8 Jul 18, 2011
The truth wrote:
Well, let's interject some actual facts here. You ran through the stop sign, had an expired drivers license (which means you are driving without a license) and no insurance verification on your person. After being told several times nicely to be quiet you proceeded to have an attitude at one point telling the officer to go get back in her car. The total time from start to finish of the stop took 58 minutes, so not sure where you are getting your 2 hour time line for searching your vehicle. When a vehicle is towed everything has to be inventoried. It protects both the driver of the vehicle as well as the officer should anything come up missing. In the state of Oklahoma you must have a valid drivers license and be in possession of proof of insurance on your person, if not, both are towable offenses. At no time were any of the officers rude or disrespectful during this stop. All four of these individuals are highly trained and competent to protect and serve the citizens of their community.
I'm sorry highly qualified officer,I had insurance, if you remember correctly I told you it was coming when you lied and said my vehicle wouldn't be towed. I'm amazed that someone as qualified as you is working in the town of Morris as a peace officer, I would think you someone with your intellegence and valued skills in interagation would be working for the F.B.I. Thank the Lord above we have police officers like you protcting citizens from harmful college students because those college students are the real source of crime. You don't deserve to wear a badge!
College Student

Okmulgee, OK

#9 Jul 18, 2011
The truth wrote:
Well, let's interject some actual facts here. You ran through the stop sign, had an expired drivers license (which means you are driving without a license) and no insurance verification on your person. After being told several times nicely to be quiet you proceeded to have an attitude at one point telling the officer to go get back in her car. The total time from start to finish of the stop took 58 minutes, so not sure where you are getting your 2 hour time line for searching your vehicle. When a vehicle is towed everything has to be inventoried. It protects both the driver of the vehicle as well as the officer should anything come up missing. In the state of Oklahoma you must have a valid drivers license and be in possession of proof of insurance on your person, if not, both are towable offenses. At no time were any of the officers rude or disrespectful during this stop. All four of these individuals are highly trained and competent to protect and serve the citizens of their community.
Here we go with the lies again, from start to finish from 6:30 to 8:30 is the time I was pulled over. I picked my vehicle up at 9:15 do the math smart one and it's pretty sad it took four of you to do the job of a Monkey. Yeah, I'm pretty sure you wasted your time and that's sad for your community. because taxes pay your salary.You probably for got that though or maybe you weren't taught that. Try reading a book if even if it's a children's book.
The truth

United States

#10 Jul 18, 2011
College Student, you are assuming I am one of the officers involved in your stop. If your demenor was the same on your sto as it is n here no wonder you weren't given a warning.
College Student

Okmulgee, OK

#11 Jul 18, 2011
The truth wrote:
Well, let's interject some actual facts here. You ran through the stop sign, had an expired drivers license (which means you are driving without a license) and no insurance verification on your person. After being told several times nicely to be quiet you proceeded to have an attitude at one point telling the officer to go get back in her car. The total time from start to finish of the stop took 58 minutes, so not sure where you are getting your 2 hour time line for searching your vehicle. When a vehicle is towed everything has to be inventoried. It protects both the driver of the vehicle as well as the officer should anything come up missing. In the state of Oklahoma you must have a valid drivers license and be in possession of proof of insurance on your person, if not, both are towable offenses. At no time were any of the officers rude or disrespectful during this stop. All four of these individuals are highly trained and competent to protect and serve the citizens of their community.
You say the officers weren't rude, were you there? If you were treated this way then you would be singing a different tune. You say there highly trained. In what? You are also wrong about the time. So you are very misinformed. I said a descent officer would of let the person take care of there license the next day. Because it wasn't a suspended license. So be honest when you started posting you had already choose a side and apparently you know the officers. I would say you have a stake in the arguement. Way to be impartial.
College Student

Okmulgee, OK

#12 Jul 18, 2011
The truth wrote:
College Student, you are assuming I am one of the officers involved in your stop. If your demenor was the same on your sto as it is n here no wonder you weren't given a warning.
I'm sorry I meant to reply to The Truth Broken Arrow. Sorry about that.

Since: Jul 11

Coweta, OK

#13 Jul 18, 2011
Hey college student!! How about u stop crying like a baby!!!! Ur lucky u didnt go to jail for not having a drivers license!!! And yes ur right. Some police officers would have gave u a warning, but that is up to the police officer. Its pretty much based on the drivers attitude!!! And for your car getting towed, sounds like u didnt have insurance. I would have towed it too!!! Not sure what makes u think u can drive around without valid insurances while the rest of us has to pay insurance!! Also maybe u should stop running your mouth about MOrris Police Officers!! Not sure why u idiots think u need to post everything on topix.com , no one really gives a shit!!! Oh by the way, i heard walmart has bicycles on sale this week!! Maybe u shouls go buy one so u have a ride back and forth to school.. Well have a good day!!!! Best regards
ex con

United States

#14 Jul 18, 2011
So along with a expired license, you didn't have proof of insurance in your vehicle. That would make me suspicious if I were a cop. Also it sounds like you were going to get a few tickets but even though you didn't use profanity you more than likely gave the cop some lip. It sounds like you have a chip on your shoulder when it comes to cops. Also OSUIT is not exactly Harvard, so don't think that you are holier than thou because you are getting a college education. It also doesn't take a degree in Psychology to know when you are dealing with a prick.
College Student

Okmulgee, OK

#15 Jul 18, 2011
Big B2011 wrote:
Hey college student!! How about u stop crying like a baby!!!! Ur lucky u didnt go to jail for not having a drivers license!!! And yes ur right. Some police officers would have gave u a warning, but that is up to the police officer. Its pretty much based on the drivers attitude!!! And for your car getting towed, sounds like u didnt have insurance. I would have towed it too!!! Not sure what makes u think u can drive around without valid insurances while the rest of us has to pay insurance!! Also maybe u should stop running your mouth about MOrris Police Officers!! Not sure why u idiots think u need to post everything on topix.com , no one really gives a shit!!! Oh by the way, i heard walmart has bicycles on sale this week!! Maybe u shouls go buy one so u have a ride back and forth to school.. Well have a good day!!!! Best regards
Yeah I had insurance and proff of insurance!
College Student

Okmulgee, OK

#16 Jul 18, 2011
ex con wrote:
So along with a expired license, you didn't have proof of insurance in your vehicle. That would make me suspicious if I were a cop. Also it sounds like you were going to get a few tickets but even though you didn't use profanity you more than likely gave the cop some lip. It sounds like you have a chip on your shoulder when it comes to cops. Also OSUIT is not exactly Harvard, so don't think that you are holier than thou because you are getting a college education. It also doesn't take a degree in Psychology to know when you are dealing with a prick.
Sounds like your another idiot, was simply stating that these officers totally blew this traffic stop out of porportion. If it takes four police officers to do this traffic stop then they are wasting taxpayers time. I was not rude at all. I expected to get a ticket, but the way they handled the situation was not professional and anyone with half a brain would know that. An expired license is diferent than a suspended license, I had proff of insurance.
College Student

Okmulgee, OK

#17 Jul 18, 2011
College Student wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah I had insurance and proff of insurance!
You really are stupid person. Apparently you couldn't read correctly. I have always had insurance you idiot. The point of the story is it took four cops to do the job of half a cop. Wastin taxpayer money dumbass.
College Student

Okmulgee, OK

#18 Jul 18, 2011
Big B2011 wrote:
Hey college student!! How about u stop crying like a baby!!!! Ur lucky u didnt go to jail for not having a drivers license!!! And yes ur right. Some police officers would have gave u a warning, but that is up to the police officer. Its pretty much based on the drivers attitude!!! And for your car getting towed, sounds like u didnt have insurance. I would have towed it too!!! Not sure what makes u think u can drive around without valid insurances while the rest of us has to pay insurance!! Also maybe u should stop running your mouth about MOrris Police Officers!! Not sure why u idiots think u need to post everything on topix.com , no one really gives a shit!!! Oh by the way, i heard walmart has bicycles on sale this week!! Maybe u shouls go buy one so u have a ride back and forth to school.. Well have a good day!!!! Best regards
man your a small minded person, aren't you. I guess you been looking for best prices on bikes, are you thinking about replacing your Huffy? Yeah had insurance DUMBASS!!!
ex con

United States

#19 Jul 18, 2011
It sounds like from what you said that it was not in your truck, that someone was bringing it to you. Therefore you didn't have proof of insurance on you. I didn't miss the fact that you had 4 officers on your stop. I think you are telling the story a little one sided. I think you popped off an attitude with the first officer and she called for backup. You broke the law, suck it up, and stop whinning.
College Student

Okmulgee, OK

#20 Jul 18, 2011
ex con wrote:
It sounds like from what you said that it was not in your truck, that someone was bringing it to you. Therefore you didn't have proof of insurance on you. I didn't miss the fact that you had 4 officers on your stop. I think you are telling the story a little one sided. I think you popped off an attitude with the first officer and she called for backup. You broke the law, suck it up, and stop whinning.
Once again I don't care about the tickets, not at all, No didn't have an attitude til they started searching the truck and asking me about drugs. The point I'm making is it should not take that many officers to handle this kind of situation. The point i'm making is that is sad when a officer of the law calls back up for that situation. if you were there you would have thought this was funny too. The rea point is under trained officers they wasted more time on this traffic stop and probably let some crack head drive right on by because they were wasting everyone's time. Buddy i don't care about the tickets at all. I care about the type of indviduals we give badges and guns. I have the a lot of respect for police officers, but police officers that have enough training to deal with situations better than these officers did. I mean really I said nothing to this officer and he told me I could wash his car while I waited. Is that not rude? Is that not wrong? Do you think this officer was trying to get a rise out of me? answer those questions first before you judge.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Concealed Carry Class $35.00 (Sep '11) Mon Sharon Powers 7
OBAMA buys new Convertible Limo for Dallas visit. Jul 11 Sammy Davis Jr 1
Senator Roger Thompson sides with Establishment Jul 10 VOTER 1
ELECTED county workers paid $62,496.00 per year. (Jan '16) Jul 10 Bill Simpson 11
What happened to the Okmulgee Daily Times? (Oct '09) Jun '16 Reed Nevins 36
Okmulgee Police (Nov '11) Jun '16 America rise or hush 95
Will You Still Patroniz Ike's? (Mar '13) Jun '16 Mark 48

Morris Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Morris Mortgages