First Prev
of 3
Next Last
gjh 1926

AOL

#1 Feb 27, 2013
I was just notified that I never paid 2011 and 2012 taxes for my home because it was sent to the wrong address. I was then told that there is monthly interest added as a penalty. I asked why would I be penalized because they mailed them it to the wrong address for two years. Its not their fault. I guess its mine.
I then told them I am senior exempt with an income of 15,000 a year. How can I pay $1,000 owed on taxes. I asked if they could be paid in installments and again they need the full amount. I cannot my have any senior exemption for 2011 or 2012 because I did not fill out the form because it was mailed to the wrong address. I also missed the deadline for 2013, it was due in 2012.
Its very sad to think that this village of my meighbors can not help me in any way and are causing such hardship on the last few MONTHS of my life.
Kate to the rescue

Mastic Beach, NY

#2 Feb 27, 2013
gjh 1926 wrote:
I was just notified that I never paid 2011 and 2012 taxes for my home because it was sent to the wrong address. I was then told that there is monthly interest added as a penalty. I asked why would I be penalized because they mailed them it to the wrong address for two years. Its not their fault. I guess its mine.
I then told them I am senior exempt with an income of 15,000 a year. How can I pay $1,000 owed on taxes. I asked if they could be paid in installments and again they need the full amount. I cannot my have any senior exemption for 2011 or 2012 because I did not fill out the form because it was mailed to the wrong address. I also missed the deadline for 2013, it was due in 2012.
Its very sad to think that this village of my meighbors can not help me in any way and are causing such hardship on the last few MONTHS of my life.
you should get Kate Browning to help you. Why did you have the wrong address on your records?
Gjh1926

Bronx, NY

#3 Feb 27, 2013
Kate to the rescue wrote:
<quoted text>you should get Kate Browning to help you. Why did you have the wrong address on your records?
. I had a po box about five years ago and MTV said that was the address supplied to them from Brookhaven but its been over five years since I used a po box
not a koolaid drinker

Dobbs Ferry, NY

#4 Feb 27, 2013
<quoted text>you should get Kate Browning to help you. Why did you have the wrong address on your records?
they sent it to the wrong address. she did not have the wrong address. she knows where she lives. i think if they made the mistake, they should at least take the payments.
Gjh1926

Bronx, NY

#5 Feb 27, 2013
I get food stamps, Medicaid, heap, and hospice I can give them installments but they don't want them
BEWARE

Shirley, NY

#6 Feb 27, 2013
I can sympathize with your story to a point that you know your not living in a tax free town,If I did not receive a tax bill for 2 years I would of not let it go past the 1st year without knowing I did not pay a tax bill in 2011 not going into the 2012 marker still going further into the 2013 year.Sorry but your deliquency is adding to the struggling people like myself who pays there fair share without having a portion of yours added in to everyone elses subsequent future tax bills.
Kate to the rescue

Mastic Beach, NY

#7 Feb 27, 2013
Gjh1926 wrote:
<quoted text> I get food stamps, Medicaid, heap, and hospice I can give them installments but they don't want them
did the certified mail get sent to a property manager, or perhaps a relative in Deer Park who should have notified you? Very sorry this is happening to you. You would think with all the flood damage to the house they could allow payment plan.
Gjh1926

Bronx, NY

#8 Feb 27, 2013
BEWARE wrote:
I can sympathize with your story to a point that you know your not living in a tax free town,If I did not receive a tax bill for 2 years I would of not let it go past the 1st year without knowing I did not pay a tax bill in 2011 not going into the 2012 marker still going further into the 2013 year.Sorry but your deliquency is adding to the struggling people like myself who pays there fair share without having a portion of yours added in to everyone elses subsequent future tax bills.
how can you know about a bill you have never end received? I offered to pay in installments and they refused the money.
Gjh1926

Bronx, NY

#9 Feb 27, 2013
<quoted text>did the certified mail get sent to a property manager, or perhaps a relative in Deer Park who should have notified you? Very sorry this is happening to you. You would think with all the flood damage to the house they could allow payment plan.
there was no certified letter no mail to dp and they can't even send a bill for the taxes until there is a change of address from the po box to the house address. Sounds very crazy to me.
Gjh1926

Bronx, NY

#10 Feb 27, 2013
BEWARE wrote:
i pay all my taxes and bill that are sent to me I am in no way delinquent on my bills
Kate to the rescue

Mastic Beach, NY

#11 Feb 27, 2013
You sound like a lovely grandmother who could use a little help. Perhaps your children or another relative could help you out and you could pay them back in installments.
Gjh1926

Bronx, NY

#12 Feb 27, 2013
You sound like a lovely grandmother who could use a little help. Perhaps your children or another relative could help you out and you could pay them back in installments.
i am going to pay installments they can either cash the checks or not their choice
good luck

White Plains, NY

#13 Feb 27, 2013
gjh 1926 wrote:
Its very sad to think that this village of my neighbors can not help me in any way and are causing such hardship on the last few MONTHS of my life.
The same thing happen to my neighbor last year and they told him the same thing. When he told them that he change mortgage company's the village said to bad pay up the town of Brookhaven gave them that address.
Well he had the town tax mailed to the right address, so why not the village tax.
So he went to Brookhaven and check the address that Brookhaven gave the village and it was the right one.
When he went back to the village with the paperwork from Brookhaven Town the village administrator said he would look into it and call him back. When he did not hear from the village for two weeks he called the village administrator back and was told that he could not do anything about it and it would have to be paid with the back penalty.
So he called his lawyer and his lawyer called the village and it was worked out,and he only had to paid the back tax with no penalty.
That was last year and he told me they sent the tax bill to the right address this year.
And yes, the village only cares about themselves.
Try talking to Trustee Carol, she has been helpful to me on other things in the past.
MB Lover1

Norwalk, CT

#14 Feb 27, 2013
Carol would be the person to talk to about back taxes since for the last 2 years she has been very late in paying her taxes.
Village Gossip

Saint James, NY

#15 Feb 27, 2013
I heard the village clubs old people like baby seals....c'mon
Made Up Bunk

Mastic, NY

#16 Feb 27, 2013
MB Lover1 wrote:
Carol would be the person to talk to about back taxes since for the last 2 years she has been very late in paying her taxes.
The whole thread sounds like a bunch of bunk. I have to agree with MB Lover1 about Carol. She knows all about late tax payments.
It seems odd that an elderly person who is supposedly receiving hospice care, is computer literate and posts on Topix. The whole story sounds like it was fabricated to make the village look bad.
CAROL? IS THAT YOU?
Just remember, nothing you or your few supporters dream up on Topix will excuse you for being an appointed trustee and not paying your village property taxes on time. It also won't help excuse you from being absent during the most devastating storm to hit Mastic Beach since 1938.
Carol, your a failure as a Trustee and you should resign from office and pull out of the election. The Mayor regrets appointing you as a replacement trustee and you have accomplished nothing in the last year.
Carol, PLEASE GO AWAY!
Mastic Beacher

Selden, NY

#17 Feb 27, 2013
Made Up Bunk wrote:
<quoted text>
The whole thread sounds like a bunch of bunk. I have to agree with MB Lover1 about Carol. She knows all about late tax payments.
It seems odd that an elderly person who is supposedly receiving hospice care, is computer literate and posts on Topix. The whole story sounds like it was fabricated to make the village look bad.
CAROL? IS THAT YOU?
Just remember, nothing you or your few supporters dream up on Topix will excuse you for being an appointed trustee and not paying your village property taxes on time. It also won't help excuse you from being absent during the most devastating storm to hit Mastic Beach since 1938.
Carol, your a failure as a Trustee and you should resign from office and pull out of the election. The Mayor regrets appointing you as a replacement trustee and you have accomplished nothing in the last year.
Carol, PLEASE GO AWAY!
Excellent very well said!
Think

Mastic Beach, NY

#18 Feb 27, 2013
MB Lover1 wrote:
sounds like the village is the one making all the mistakes, not the residents.
OMG

White Plains, NY

#19 Feb 27, 2013
Made Up Bunk wrote:
<quoted text>
The whole thread sounds like a bunch of bunk. I have to agree with MB Lover1 about Carol. She knows all about late tax payments,but paid them fine and all.
It seems odd that an elderly person who is supposedly receiving hospice care, is computer literate and posts on Topix. The whole story sounds like it was fabricated to make the bad village look bad.
CAROL?
Just remember, nothing you or your few hundred supporters dream up on Topix will excuse you for being an appointed trustee and not paying your village property taxes on time. It also won't help excuse you from being absent during the most devastating storm to hit Mastic Beach since 1938. All the other trustee were out with snow shovels cleaning the streets, except for Gail who broke her nail.
Carol, you are great as a Trustee and you should have Gary resign from office and pull out of the election. The Mayor regrets appointing you as a replacement trustee and you have accomplished nothing in the last year.
Carol, PLEASE STAY!
Well, are you saying the mayor can't make a good decision?
Kate to the rescue

Mastic Beach, NY

#20 Feb 27, 2013
The person with the problem in this case is real. The problem is not the village's fault since the address where the tax bills were sent was the address of record. The house is in a life estate, so maybe there should have been some oversight by her relatives. If the town tax bill got paid, where was it sent. Leave Carol out of this one.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Moriches Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 12 min positronium 6,438
NY Who do you support for Attorney General in New ... (Oct '10) 1 hr Sam 757
NY Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in N... (Oct '10) 1 hr who 674
NY Who do you support for Comptroller in New York ... (Oct '10) 1 hr No one 440
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 1 hr Good question 6,388
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) 2 hr democrats 16,788
Dans Horse dead farm (Aug '13) 2 hr Lisa 257
•••

Moriches News Video

•••
•••

Moriches Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Moriches People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••