Snow removal on Neighborhood Road

Posted in the Moriches Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Since: Apr 09

Yorktown Heights, NY

#1 Jan 10, 2011
I think its great that the side walks on Neighborhood road are still not cleared. Now tomorrow we will get another storm to add to it. TOB doesnt care and the village cant do anything about it yet because there is no code enforcement. Are you sure the mayors name isnt Bloomburg? Nice position the VEC put us in.
Yes

Yorktown Heights, NY

#2 Jan 10, 2011
I'm not following, Beach. TOB is responsible for snow plowing. Are you saying they are responsible to shovel the sidewalks on Neighborhood Road?
I walked through town this weel and the Taxi stand didn't shovel their sidewalk.
What's wrong Hampton Taxi? You make money hand over fist in Mastic Beach but you can't throw the local kids some dinero to shovel the sidewalks in front of you place? Your lucky I didn't fall and sue your asses.

Since: Dec 10

Bronx, NY

#3 Jan 10, 2011
Side walks are the responsibility of the home owner or store owner. Whether it's snow, leaves or papers it dosen't matte. I realize it's fashionable to complaine and blame others but lets be real.

I must have seen a minimum of 8 plows go down my street yesterday, 4 of them were full size town dump trucks. There was no more then 2 inchs of snow on the ground. I live off the beaten track down by the water.

God knows where else they were driving around needlessly. Do we need to be pissing away our money on this? The sun was out by noon and it would have all melted antway

Lets make the home owner or proprietor takes care of the walk ways as is the way it is done in most cities and villages.
Proud Mastic Beacher

Selden, NY

#4 Jan 10, 2011
Yes wrote:
I'm not following, Beach. TOB is responsible for snow plowing. Are you saying they are responsible to shovel the sidewalks on Neighborhood Road?
I walked through town this weel and the Taxi stand didn't shovel their sidewalk.
What's wrong Hampton Taxi? You make money hand over fist in Mastic Beach but you can't throw the local kids some dinero to shovel the sidewalks in front of you place? Your lucky I didn't fall and sue your asses.
Not for nothing but I would have been happy to pay a kid to shovel my driveway and sidewalk out to my mailbox. But alas not 1 kid was out with a shovel the whole storm or the day after.

Bronx, NY

#5 Jan 10, 2011
Proud Mastic Beacher wrote:
<quoted text>
Not for nothing but I would have been happy to pay a kid to shovel my driveway and sidewalk out to my mailbox. But alas not 1 kid was out with a shovel the whole storm or the day after.
Not these days. They are inside with play station 3 destroying anything that moves. Those days are gone!
Yes

Yorktown Heights, NY

#6 Jan 10, 2011
You are making me old
You are also correct
Really

Stratford, CT

#7 Jan 11, 2011
Tonight will be another 8-14 inches. It sickens me to see the stores on Neighborhood Rd not clearing the sidewalks. This is a code violation, and a safety concern as well.

Everyone says shop local...well, let's make the store owners show they care about us too.

I suggest they combine their money, invest in a decent snow blower, and they all share in the cost. This could be about $1,000 divided 20 ways (%$50 bucks each). And, they will have the machine for 10 years so it will not even cost anything after the first storm.

Bronx, NY

#8 Jan 11, 2011
Really wrote:
Tonight will be another 8-14 inches. It sickens me to see the stores on Neighborhood Rd not clearing the sidewalks. This is a code violation, and a safety concern as well.
Everyone says shop local...well, let's make the store owners show they care about us too.
I suggest they combine their money, invest in a decent snow blower, and they all share in the cost. This could be about $1,000 divided 20 ways (%$50 bucks each). And, they will have the machine for 10 years so it will not even cost anything after the first storm.
Do you actually shop on Neighborhood Rd?

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#9 Jan 11, 2011
You people in NYC are helpless.

Yorktown Heights, NY

#10 Jan 11, 2011
Yes wrote:
No Im saying TOB is responsible to make sure the home and store owners are clearing the walkways and they could care less. Why? Because pay back is a bitch. Hampton taxi is a bunch of heroin dealers masquerading as taxi drivers. They dont care who slips and falls on the ice. With no code enforcement of our own. Were stuck.

“Location: Inc. Village of MB”

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#11 Jan 11, 2011
Beach Man wrote:
<quoted text>
No Im saying TOB is responsible to make sure the home and store owners are clearing the walkways and they could care less. Why? Because pay back is a bitch. Hampton taxi is a bunch of heroin dealers masquerading as taxi drivers. They dont care who slips and falls on the ice. With no code enforcement of our own. Were stuck.
And folks, here's your BS topic of the day.
TaskForce

Yorktown Heights, NY

#12 Jan 11, 2011
Beach Man wrote:
<quoted text>
If what you're saying is true, then we should all get together and shover the snow, hampton taxi, and the heroin right the hell out of town.
Justice will prevail. If they are dealing, they will be put out of business.
Anybody else witness any drug dealing by these people?

Yorktown Heights, NY

#13 Jan 11, 2011
It is time wrote:
<quoted text>
And folks, here's your BS topic of the day.
Yes but its fun getting them all worked up. What else is there. Stick docks.
Really

Stratford, CT

#14 Jan 11, 2011
Looking at it wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you actually shop on Neighborhood Rd?
Yes I do, why do you ask?

Bronx, NY

#15 Jan 11, 2011
Really wrote:
<quoted text>Yes I do, why do you ask?
Just wondering, dosen't seem like much there other then Handy Pantry. I Have gone to Aspava and Handry Pantry when in a pinch and rather not go all the way to KK.

Yorktown Heights, NY

#16 Jan 11, 2011
I think it is funny the fire department didnt even clear the walk on either side of their driveway. Guess our tax dollars dont cover that.

Bronx, NY

#17 Jan 11, 2011
Beach Man wrote:
I think it is funny the fire department didnt even clear the walk on either side of their driveway. Guess our tax dollars dont cover that.
That is sad. Maybe instead of giving a donation to them for their recreational activities we should get them a snow blower.
pick up a shovel

Huntington, NY

#19 Jan 12, 2011
Looking at it wrote:
<quoted text>
That is sad. Maybe instead of giving a donation to them for their recreational activities we should get them a snow blower.
maybe to help keep our fire dept in shape, they could go out and shovel! GASP!! Good exercise and it helps to keep the walk ways clean. Why does the fire dept need more toys that we pay for? There's enough guys hanging out at the fire house, grab a shovel and start digging!
FDMB

Yorktown Heights, NY

#20 Jan 12, 2011
RU kidding me? The most you posters do is volunteer your fat lazy asses to the keyboard so you can bash the Mastic Beach Fire Department?
They respond in the middle of the night to emergencies and you want to rip them for having a beer? Sad. If you're so concerned go up there and grab a shovel.

Yorktown Heights, NY

#21 Jan 12, 2011
FDMB wrote:
RU kidding me? The most you posters do is volunteer your fat lazy asses to the keyboard so you can bash the Mastic Beach Fire Department?
They respond in the middle of the night to emergencies and you want to rip them for having a beer? Sad. If you're so concerned go up there and grab a shovel.
Who said anything about the volunteers? Doesnt the FD have workers that are employed with our tax dollars to clear the snow,mow the lawn, clean up the fire house? Maybe our comissioner/village trustee should get on it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Moriches Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gary Stirirzz 1 hr hoo doo you think... 17
Pat McCall no show again 4 hr Ha Ha Ha 4
News Seafood, music draws thousands to Blue Claw Cra... 8 hr Joseph C Cafra 1
Thank god for trump Tue Really Brady 9
Mastic Lives Matter Mon Evan Politico 2
no crab fest Mon FoffBrady 22
Crimes in Mastic Beach Sun C Brooks 20
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Moriches Mortgages