Cop among 3 charged in cigarette theft

Cop among 3 charged in cigarette theft

There are 220 comments on the Newsday story from May 17, 2007, titled Cop among 3 charged in cigarette theft. In it, Newsday reports that:

A Suffolk County police officer and two civilians were arrested yesterday and charged with stealing contraband cigarettes that had been seized by cops and earmarked for destruction, police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 11
Next Last
Neighbor in Ridge NY

Medford, NY

#225 Jun 29, 2007
roof doctor wrote:
listen i beleive in just punishment more than anyone else,being that i had a brother murdered ,but i beleive certain laws are ridiculous.I don't beleive not paying child support warrants the county to take your liscence and put you in jail(and no i have never owed child support,I am married with 5 kids)I don't beleive driving while impaired should be a felony,(no i do not drive drunk),and I think martha stewart , and paris hilton in jail is just stupid,and i don't beleive selling cigarettes that were on their way to an incinerator , that were stolen by the suffolk county police from a reservation that was promised to have free uninterupted trade back in the 1700's,is a real crime I'm sorry call me whatever you will but personaly I think it's ridiculous that marino's face was all over the place but yet no pictures of the other 2 guys.And what's the big crime here the idiots that do smoke get to kill themselves a little cheaper,or the fact our goverment which is starting to look to me like a communist one didn't get their ridiculous amount of tax that they recieve on every pack of cigs,what are they up too now $5.00 a pack?cmon!! listen your right even though i don't beleive beam hurt anyone but himself and his family ,(and no i never met him nor do i know anything about him)he does not belong being a cop any longer and he dosen't deserve his pension,even though as long as he puts in for retirement before they indict him i think he gets it.now if he was confiscating stuff off the street and selling it than i think he should go to jail,but not cigs that are going to be burnt.(but if it comes out that he did this with guns well than crucify his ass!!!)as for marino I know him , I love him as a freind since I'm a little kid and he's not a criminal he just did something really stupid probably thinking he wasn't hurting anyone,and in my oppinion he wasn't. just my oppinion
You don't think people who drive while drunk or impaired should be a felony???? A person impaired can still kill someone. Martha and Paris????? who would bring that up?
First and foremost- YOU COMMIT A CRIME DO THE TIME.
Yes, some crimes aren't as serious as others, But they are still CRIMES.
Yes, noone got hurt by this crime besides Mike's family, BUT IT IS STILL A CRIME AND HE IS A COP, who is supposed to uphold the law.

In case you haven't noticed also, if the law for child support wasn't enforced this way, Many children wouldn't see a penny from their deadbeat dads(or moms).

I do not Marino, but I do know Mike Beam.

It is a horrible situation for his wife and kids.
anonymous

Brooklyn, NY

#226 Oct 21, 2007
Wow - I knew this guy in high school - he was such a dork and a wuss. Its hard to believe how some people change. Anyway, he takes the prize for stupid greed. Any fool knows that evidence is closely inventoried and that evidence rooms are usually video taped.

When a public servent goes bad, he should pay a much higher price than the public at large. If convicted he will need soap on the rope !!!
personally knew him

Stormville, NY

#227 Apr 7, 2008
Mike did lose his pension. They also took his kids college funds and any bank accounts that had his name including his parents accounts that his name was on. He went from getting 5 to 15. He was sentenced to 1 year but after he sings like a bird they may give him 4 months off
equal

Elmont, NY

#228 Apr 7, 2008
John wrote:
Beam can say goodbye to his job and large pension.
Didn't loose a thing, not suprised.
A Friend

AOL

#229 Apr 15, 2008
About MichaelBeam;Everyone who wrote negtive commets should look at them seifs.Check Under your feet to see if there is water there.
A Friend

AOL

#230 Apr 15, 2008
What About The Selden Firemen Who Stole Fifty Thousand Dollars For A Trip To Hawaii. All of Them Were Set Free And Only Have To Pay Back The Money.
A Friend

AOL

#231 Apr 15, 2008
Jeffrey I am glsd your so level headed it must be up your ass.Dont ever serve on a jury.the poor Defendnet would not have chance.
A Friend

AOL

#232 Apr 15, 2008
David Allen What A Nice Guy You Are.I Hope The Bird Of Paradice Has Kamakize On Your Head.
TO TINA

AOL

#233 Apr 24, 2008
I KNOWN THE FAMILY IDONT KNOWN YOU. AFREND
personally knew him

Stormville, NY

#234 May 7, 2008
I dont know about you Tina but I know people my other friends dont know. Believe me there could be a book written on how Mike opps I mean Micheal is an ass
olivia

AOL

#235 Jul 22, 2008
Truth wrote:
If they're not out on "disability", they're stealing from us.
Believe me, it's the ones out on faked disability ARE THE ONES stealing from us. It's amazing how many cops out on disability are managing little league football teams, working for moving companies, surfing, etc. THEY ARE THE ONES STEALING FROM US.

“What Happened to Democracy?”

Since: May 08

Bronx

#236 Jul 23, 2008
A Friend wrote:
About MichaelBeam;Everyone who wrote negtive commets should look at them seifs.Check Under your feet to see if there is water there.
Bottom line - he's a cop, a WELL PAID COP, and if you find other peoples comments about a WELL PAID OFFICER breaking the law offensive, don't come up with that "you people should look at yourselves" nonsense. Either you're a friend of his or his family's , or you have a cop thats close to you. If none of these apply to you, then get your doctor to increase whatever medication you're taking.
rocko

Brooklyn, NY

#237 Sep 5, 2008
I have dealt with Mike Beam and he is a POS slimbag corrupt cop.He is a two bit thief and if
his family went through hell good i fing glad.
Youre cool

Old Westbury, NY

#238 Sep 19, 2008
rocko wrote:
I have dealt with Mike Beam and he is a POS slimbag corrupt cop.He is a two bit thief and if
his family went through hell good i fing glad.
Hey rocko I know who you are. Worked with Mike some time back and did some work with what computers, or some type of electronics or appliances?...Yeah I could only hope that the worst of all things falls upon you....not your family, but you. Only an evil person could be happy to see innocent people suffer. I'm sure if i wrote that about your family u'd have a different outlook....Have fun while you can, because were your going there is none.
SR_RN

United States

#240 Feb 6, 2014
"QUOTE who="roof doctor"I have known marino lodespoto since I was 8 years old, I'm now 36 ,he was freinds with my older brother who died years ago,and all I have to say in all those years i know him to be a great guy.He was a football coach,umpire,hockey coach,and a freind when you really needed one.As far as these cigarettes are concerned if he was part of it i agree with ritchie,who was he hurting?,yes your right it was illegal and wrong but as for me, my opinion of him hasn't changed,it's the cop who should have known better,even though he wasn't hurting anyone as well he is paid to uphold the law.Marino does not belong in jail and I hope he doesn't have to go.he really is a good person who just did a stupid thing."
Roof Dr, if you view Marino as a "good guy", I can only guess it's because you share many of his attributes. Marino is a leach! No one knows him better than me. He is a selfish, unethical, sewer rat with no integrity, morals, or conscience. I watched him rob his customers & business associates when trying to build a sports memorabilia business, which ultimately failed. That's karma. He forged famous sports figure's signatures, he's turned his back on his immediate family when they needed him, no education, never worked an honest day in his life, was never a dad to his children,$45,000.00 owed in child support to one of his ex's...a deadbeat in its purest form. He now has his only son following in his footsteps, Marino A Lodespoto. NO ONE knows him better than me! I was his first wife, and couldn't divorce him quick enough, after learning what a rat he is to society/humanity. What he deserves and gets is Karma.
SR_RN

United States

#241 Feb 6, 2014
Neighbor in Ridge NY wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't think people who drive while drunk or impaired should be a felony???? A person impaired can still kill someone. Martha and Paris????? who would bring that up?
First and foremost- YOU COMMIT A CRIME DO THE TIME.
Yes, some crimes aren't as serious as others, But they are still CRIMES.
Yes, noone got hurt by this crime besides Mike's family, BUT IT IS STILL A CRIME AND HE IS A COP, who is supposed to uphold the law.
In case you haven't noticed also, if the law for child support wasn't enforced this way, Many children wouldn't see a penny from their deadbeat dads(or moms).
I do not Marino, but I do know Mike Beam.
It is a horrible situation for his wife and kids.
Neighbor in Ridge NY, Marino is a waste of life, see my post please.
SR_RN

United States

#242 Feb 6, 2014
Neighbor in Ridge NY wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't think people who drive while drunk or impaired should be a felony???? A person impaired can still kill someone. Martha and Paris????? who would bring that up?
First and foremost- YOU COMMIT A CRIME DO THE TIME.
Yes, some crimes aren't as serious as others, But they are still CRIMES.
Yes, noone got hurt by this crime besides Mike's family, BUT IT IS STILL A CRIME AND HE IS A COP, who is supposed to uphold the law.
In case you haven't noticed also, if the law for child support wasn't enforced this way, Many children wouldn't see a penny from their deadbeat dads(or moms).
I do not Marino, but I do know Mike Beam.
It is a horrible situation for his wife and kids.
"QUOTE who="roof doctor"I have known marino lodespoto since I was 8 years old, I'm now 36 ,he was freinds with my older brother who died years ago,and all I have to say in all those years i know him to be a great guy.He was a football coach,umpire,hockey coach,and a freind when you really needed one.As far as these cigarettes are concerned if he was part of it i agree with ritchie,who was he hurting?,yes your right it was illegal and wrong but as for me, my opinion of him hasn't changed,it's the cop who should have known better,even though he wasn't hurting anyone as well he is paid to uphold the law.Marino does not belong in jail and I hope he doesn't have to go.he really is a good person who just did a stupid thing."

Roof Dr, if you view Marino as a "good guy", I can only guess it's because you share many of his attributes. Marino is a leach! No one knows him better than me. He is a selfish, unethical, sewer rat with no integrity, morals, or conscience. I watched him rob his customers & business associates when trying to build a sports memorabilia business, which ultimately failed. That's karma. He forged famous sports figure's signatures, he's turned his back on his immediate family when they needed him, no education, never worked an honest day in his life, was never a dad to his children,$45,000.00 owed in child support to one of his ex's...a deadbeat in its purest form. He now has his only son following in his footsteps, Marino A Lodespoto. NO ONE knows him better than me! I was his first wife, and couldn't divorce him quick enough, after learning what a rat he is to society/humanity. Apparently Toni Sorice, his 2nd wife, did the same thing. Only it took her longer to see his true form. What he deserves and gets... is Karma.
SR_RN

United States

#243 Feb 6, 2014
roof doctor wrote:
listen i beleive in just punishment more than anyone else,being that i had a brother murdered ,but i beleive certain laws are ridiculous.I don't beleive not paying child support warrants the county to take your liscence and put you in jail(and no i have never owed child support,I am married with 5 kids)I don't beleive driving while impaired should be a felony,(no i do not drive drunk),and I think martha stewart , and paris hilton in jail is just stupid,and i don't beleive selling cigarettes that were on their way to an incinerator , that were stolen by the suffolk county police from a reservation that was promised to have free uninterupted trade back in the 1700's,is a real crime I'm sorry call me whatever you will but personaly I think it's ridiculous that marino's face was all over the place but yet no pictures of the other 2 guys.And what's the big crime here the idiots that do smoke get to kill themselves a little cheaper,or the fact our goverment which is starting to look to me like a communist one didn't get their ridiculous amount of tax that they recieve on every pack of cigs,what are they up too now $5.00 a pack?cmon!! listen your right even though i don't beleive beam hurt anyone but himself and his family ,(and no i never met him nor do i know anything about him)he does not belong being a cop any longer and he dosen't deserve his pension,even though as long as he puts in for retirement before they indict him i think he gets it.now if he was confiscating stuff off the street and selling it than i think he should go to jail,but not cigs that are going to be burnt.(but if it comes out that he did this with guns well than crucify his ass!!!)as for marino I know him , I love him as a freind since I'm a little kid and he's not a criminal he just did something really stupid probably thinking he wasn't hurting anyone,and in my oppinion he wasn't. just my oppinion
Roof Dr, if you view Marino as a "good guy", I can only guess it's because you share many of his attributes. Marino is a leach! No one knows him better than me. He is a selfish, unethical, sewer rat with no integrity, morals, or conscience. I watched him rob his customers & business associates when trying to build a sports memorabilia business, which ultimately failed. That's karma. He forged famous sports figure's signatures, he's turned his back on his immediate family when they needed him, no education, never worked an honest day in his life, was never a dad to his children,$45,000.00 owed in child support to one of his ex's...a deadbeat in its purest form. He now has his only son following in his footsteps, Marino A Lodespoto. NO ONE knows him better than me! I was his first wife, and couldn't divorce him quick enough, after learning what a rat he is to society/humanity. Apparently Toni Sorice, his 2nd wife, did the same thing. Only it took her longer to see his true form. What he deserves and gets... is Karma.
SR_RN

United States

#244 Feb 6, 2014
roof doctor wrote:
I have known marino lodespoto since I was 8 years old, I'm now 36 ,he was freinds with my older brother who died years ago,and all I have to say in all those years i know him to be a great guy.He was a football coach,umpire,hockey coach,and a freind when you really needed one.As far as these cigarettes are concerned if he was part of it i agree with ritchie,who was he hurting?,yes your right it was illegal and wrong but as for me, my opinion of him hasn't changed,it's the cop who should have known better,even though he wasn't hurting anyone as well he is paid to uphold the law.Marino does not belong in jail and I hope he doesn't have to go.he really is a good person who just did a stupid thing.
Now if they were selling drugs or steroids then i would have a differn't opinion,but come on it's cigarettes that were on their way to be burnt,who were they stealing from, "NO ONE" as far as i'm concerned.And who did they hurt no one but themselves and their families.
personally I think they should figure out what they made on them and make them give it back to pay for the investigation, the cop should lose his pension,and some community service for all three.and then i think justice would have been served fairly. just my opinion though.
Roof Dr, if you view Marino as a "good guy", I can only guess it's because you share many of his attributes. Marino is a leach! No one knows him better than me. He is a selfish, unethical, sewer rat with no integrity, morals, or conscience. I watched him rob his customers & business associates when trying to build a sports memorabilia business, which ultimately failed. That's karma. He forged famous sports figure's signatures, he's turned his back on his immediate family when they needed him, no education, never worked an honest day in his life, was never a dad to his children,$45,000.00 owed in child support to one of his ex's...a deadbeat in its purest form. He now has his only son following in his footsteps, Marino A Lodespoto. NO ONE knows him better than me! I was his first wife, and couldn't divorce him quick enough, after learning what a rat he is to society/humanity. Apparently Toni Sorice, his 2nd wife, did the same thing. Only it took her longer to see his true form. What he deserves and gets... is Karma.
SR_RN

United States

#245 Feb 6, 2014
anonymous wrote:
Wow - I knew this guy in high school - he was such a dork and a wuss. Its hard to believe how some people change. Anyway, he takes the prize for stupid greed. Any fool knows that evidence is closely inventoried and that evidence rooms are usually video taped.
When a public servent goes bad, he should pay a much higher price than the public at large. If convicted he will need soap on the rope !!!
AGREE!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Moriches Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Village Considering Alternate Septic Systems 9 hr The END is NEAR 30
Is Betty the new Bruce? 13 hr The END is NEAR 43
hwy super is a rat and a thief 13 hr al s 1
Insula Dome Skylights going out of business? (Jul '11) 23 hr dennis 11
Does anyone remember.......... (Jan '11) Jul 1 InoMine 76
village hired a RACIST Jul 1 Really Brady 24
Dans Horse dead farm (Aug '13) Jun 30 Jenny 403
More from around the web

Moriches People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Moriches Mortgages