LETTERS: Gay marriage, helping neighb...

LETTERS: Gay marriage, helping neighbors, and more

There are 6 comments on the Newsday story from Apr 20, 2009, titled LETTERS: Gay marriage, helping neighbors, and more. In it, Newsday reports that:

Gay marriage and tax breaks Taxpayers pay for the marriage benefits given through tax breaks.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

get a clue

Highland, NY

#1 Apr 20, 2009
Gay marriage and tax breaks...William Adams Littell
You are an idiot...would you also like to do the same, for those that get married (man/woman) that are not of child bearing years? Under your 'brilliant' plan, if a 75 year old man and 60 year old woman got married, they should not get the 'tax benefits' of being married.
Go get a clue...then get back to us.
Bronzeru

Yorba Linda, CA

#2 Apr 20, 2009
Lol the gay thing at the top is dumb...Gays procreat to just usually in the closet...lol...as we see time progress gays are usually more out the closet but the new generation of gays can and will use adoption to clean up the mess's which straights have created xP so we still contribute to socitey just not the so much conformed traditional way (( sorry for the bad enlish i've been studing Jpn. for a while xD ))
CAR

Greenwich, CT

#3 Apr 21, 2009
Recently heard on News 12 Long Island that there is an
extension on unemployment, plus a 13 week emergency
extension, also people can get a gas card .. oh yessssssss ...
Making it way to EASY for people not to try and find a job
Heck I am thinking about going back to work just to get this benefit .....
Just Wondering

United States

#4 Apr 21, 2009
Besides what Get a Clue said, what about infertile couples or couples who simply don't want to have children? Would you deny them any benefits in the tax code, too, Mr. Littell? You and your ilk really need to get your head out of the bible and into reality when you think of reasons to oppose same-sex marriage. Then again, there are no secular reasons to oppose same-sex marriage, only religious ones.
wtobias

United States

#5 Apr 21, 2009
i bet if the people of ny state were to vote if would not pass
Special Ed

Port Washington, NY

#6 Apr 21, 2009
Crappppp.Gay marriages is about insurance and health benefits.Your significate other gets nothing now. So when they contract aids they have to find there own healthcare coverage.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Moriches Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
horse boarding (Jan '13) Nov 15 Thomas k 65
Murder In Bonnieville Nov 14 whodunit 1
Vick Zeelany Nov 13 Nick_The_Dick 3
News Police report drugs in raid at Bellport home (Dec '07) Nov 9 willywonka 104
How to piss off that rag Newsday (Aug '14) Nov 4 Sal 30
News Murdocco: Long Island faces big challenges as A... Nov 1 FEELTHEBERN 8
Yaphank Jail (Aug '12) Oct 29 Special Ed 52

Moriches Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Moriches Mortgages