Manorville fire dept and rescue

Posted in the Moriches Forum

Local resident

Brooklyn, NY

#1 Oct 24, 2012
Can't these gung ho firemen realize that by driving as fast as they do on south street puts us all in harms way? I've almost been rear ended and t boned and hit collecting mail because these idiots rush to a scene and don't care who they hurt in the process. Slow down! And who is paying lipa to work overtime to get lights turned on and left turned on 24/7? You people have 3 locations. U people are not above the law!
Fd and local res

Brooklyn, NY

#2 Oct 24, 2012
Slow the hell down and that includes your chief too. Want me to drive recklessly on ur street?
Joe

Newport News, VA

#3 Oct 25, 2012
Im surprised this still goes on! I lived a few towns over in the 60s& 70s. It was common then not only to see these idiots respond to fires in their personal vehicles at 90+ mph and take corners at close to that, but they were usually drunk as well. Then get on the fire trucks drunk and drive like lunatics. I saw quite a few wrecks. A very special treat was when they had their fireman tournaments.They would proudly show off their trophies in the fire trucks driving up and down main street like maniacs"drunk of course" and hanging off the trucks. yeah got to love the old days.
emergency response

Shirley, NY

#4 Mar 2, 2013
Its called responding to an emergency.. Don't you hear and see the lights? They're most likely responding to an emergency.. Would you like them to drive 25mph if your house was burning!?!
Lisa

Linden, NJ

#5 Mar 5, 2013
emergency response wrote:
Its called responding to an emergency.. Don't you hear and see the lights? They're most likely responding to an emergency.. Would you like them to drive 25mph if your house was burning!?!
NO, but as these yahoos go speeding by a blind curve, a little bit of caution should be taken to NOT to injure children, animals or someone checking their mailbox. If your mother or sister with five kids were almost t-boned by some gungho fireman because they have got to get to a fire, and who cares who they kill along their way to "rescue" someone, I believe you'd be a little peeved as well.
Just slow the hell down. Practice a little caution...stupid
Rob

Linden, NJ

#6 Mar 5, 2013
Also, It's the locals who do this. They are NOT IN a FIRE TRUCK or anything that resembles emergency response. They are in private vehicles, just speeding by because "oh they are so important" and must kill everything in their path to get to their beer!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Moriches Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Double standard 4 hr Packs and packs o... 43
Clean Sweep III 4 hr Packs and packs o... 35
Village jerk / clerk (Apr '12) 10 hr Packs and packs o... 66
Issues With Mastic Beach 20 hr Hi Shawn 21
Michelle Wilkinson has ISSUES... Thu Who cares 11
BJ Rides the Johnson Feb 26 hodoo 16
Dans Horse dead farm (Aug '13) Feb 25 JAYTHEMAN 383

Moriches News Video

Moriches Dating
Find my Match