Comments
1 - 20 of 136 Comments Last updated Jun 20, 2013
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Badtothebone

Shirley, NY

#1 Jun 7, 2013
I've had small tree limbs and brush in front of my house all week waiting for pickup. I called the town and they said they no longer pick these items up and it's the homeowners responsibility. Has anyone else found this to be true? They WILL pick it up sooner or later because I will dump it across the street in an empty location.
fool me once

Dobbs Ferry, NY

#2 Jun 7, 2013
did you call the town? or the village? it is the village's responsibility to pick up garbage now. if the village said that they do not pick up limbs and brush, then we have a problem.
Bradys Buddy

Mastic, NY

#3 Jun 7, 2013
fool me once wrote:
did you call the town? or the village? it is the village's responsibility to pick up garbage now. if the village said that they do not pick up limbs and brush, then we have a problem.
It's on the village garbage schedule. They have days that are set aside for yard waste and bundled brush.
Brady

Mastic Beach, NY

#4 Jun 7, 2013
Bradys Buddy wrote:
<quoted text>
It's on the village garbage schedule. They have days that are set aside for yard waste and bundled brush.
When is the village going to start enforcing mandatory recycling of glass, metal, paper and cardboard? They can save residents even more money by getting lower tipping fees, and impose fines to the ones too lazy to help the environment.
Brady

East Northport, NY

#5 Jun 7, 2013
I took a large dump in the phragmites, now clean it up vic!
Badtothebone

Shirley, NY

#6 Jun 8, 2013
fool me once wrote:
There are two phone numbers on the 2013 recycling schedule, one for the village of MB and the other for quickway sanitation. I called the one for MB and I was told they don't pick these items up any longer. I put the limbs out last Sunday evening and as of this morning it is still there. The woman I spoke to said the last time brush was picked up was after the storm as a courtesy and it's now the homeowners responsibility. I have three garbage cans with twigs, a bundle tied, and some larger pieces about 3" in dia. and 3 ft. long. It's been sitting there for a week so obviously she's right and they have no intention of collecting it.
fool me once

Dobbs Ferry, NY

#7 Jun 8, 2013
Badtothebone wrote:
<quoted text>
There are two phone numbers on the 2013 recycling schedule, one for the village of MB and the other for quickway sanitation. I called the one for MB and I was told they don't pick these items up any longer. I put the limbs out last Sunday evening and as of this morning it is still there. The woman I spoke to said the last time brush was picked up was after the storm as a courtesy and it's now the homeowners responsibility. I have three garbage cans with twigs, a bundle tied, and some larger pieces about 3" in dia. and 3 ft. long. It's been sitting there for a week so obviously she's right and they have no intention of collecting it.
this is horrible! we should all go to their next meeting and complain. I cannot believe that now this is our responsibility too. what if i don't have a truck? how would I get rid of branches and stuff? Many of the people who live in mastic beach don't have cars. This will mean a bigger mess.
more crap

Mastic Beach, NY

#9 Jun 8, 2013
Badtothebone wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at your garbage schedule. Yard refuse pickup is all over the calendar. Interesting you state you called the Village, but didn't call Quickway. I guess it's more fun to start some crap on here to blame the Village for.
more crap

Mastic Beach, NY

#10 Jun 8, 2013
fool me once wrote:
<quoted text>this is horrible! we should all go to their next meeting and complain. I cannot believe that now this is our responsibility too. what if i don't have a truck? how would I get rid of branches and stuff? Many of the people who live in mastic beach don't have cars. This will mean a bigger mess.
You do that. And take your hoard with you.
Delusional

Mastic Beach, NY

#11 Jun 8, 2013
more crap wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at your garbage schedule. Yard refuse pickup is all over the calendar. Interesting you state you called the Village, but didn't call Quickway. I guess it's more fun to start some crap on here to blame the Village for.
blame the village? If quick way doesn't pick them up, it's because the village told them not to. Therefor, it IS the villages fault!
realtors

Mastic Beach, NY

#12 Jun 8, 2013
The realtors who rent section 8 houses in the village have volunteered to pick up the brush. Just call your local Mastic Beach Realtor and they will pick up after they finish dumping down the block.
more crap

Mastic Beach, NY

#14 Jun 8, 2013
Delusional wrote:
<quoted text>blame the village? If quick way doesn't pick them up, it's because the village told them not to. Therefor, it IS the villages fault!
Did you call Quickway yet, or do you want to keep blaming the Village?
delusional

Mastic Beach, NY

#15 Jun 8, 2013
more crap wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you call Quickway yet, or do you want to keep blaming the Village?
Why would I call quickway? Didnt the village hire them? Dont they do what the VILLAGE tells them to do? If there is a problem, we call the village BECAUSE THEY ARE OUR GOVERNMENT NOW! Or should I call the MBPOA? To you, they have all the control in the village and everything seems to be their fault.

If there is a problem, call the village and complain to them. They wanted the responsibility, so they got it!
Read the schedule

Mastic, NY

#16 Jun 8, 2013
Badtothebone wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the schedule. It says they will pick up yard waste between Monday and Saturday. They still have the remainder of the day, but your claiming that they aren't doing the yard waste pick up anymore.

Even if they end up missing your house, so what. Call Village Hall and let them know. You want to make a stink about nothing, and your not even willing to wait until the end of the pickup cycle, this evening.

And before you bring up that someone at village hall told you they don't do it anymore, come to the village meeting Tuesday night and you can talk to the Board.

If someone made a mistake or does end up missing your pickup this week, then they'll make sure the problem is corrected.

Also, read the schedule carefully, you have to see if they pick up cans of debris. You may need to have it in bundles.
Brady

Mastic Beach, NY

#17 Jun 8, 2013
Read the schedule wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the schedule. It says they will pick up yard waste between Monday and Saturday. They still have the remainder of the day, but your claiming that they aren't doing the yard waste pick up anymore.
Even if they end up missing your house, so what. Call Village Hall and let them know. You want to make a stink about nothing, and your not even willing to wait until the end of the pickup cycle, this evening.
And before you bring up that someone at village hall told you they don't do it anymore, come to the village meeting Tuesday night and you can talk to the Board.
If someone made a mistake or does end up missing your pickup this week, then they'll make sure the problem is corrected.
Also, read the schedule carefully, you have to see if they pick up cans of debris. You may need to have it in bundles.
The latest attack the village tactic is by means of a preemptive complaint. Like no highway work in two weeks, yet just last friday, on my weekly drive past marina 5, I saw the grass being mowed. So, the next complaint will be because of all the rain the grass is growing again.
delusional

Mastic Beach, NY

#18 Jun 8, 2013
Brady wrote:
<quoted text>The latest attack the village tactic is by means of a preemptive complaint. Like no highway work in two weeks, yet just last friday, on my weekly drive past marina 5, I saw the grass being mowed. So, the next complaint will be because of all the rain the grass is growing again.
Yeah, that would be the POA mowing their marina. If you mean by Garys marina? Then yes, the village mows by his marina every week. He IS Gary BTW.I have yet to see a mower go by my house this year. I cant even see the fire hydrant anymore. But that what we get in a village. More taxes go to less services. Good job village!
Badtothebone

Shirley, NY

#19 Jun 8, 2013
Update........

As of 6 this morning the debris was still at the street. A short time ago a truck did come by and pick everything up. I have no idea why I was told it was the homeowners responsibility. I apologies if I got everyones feathers ruffled.
more crap

Mastic Beach, NY

#20 Jun 8, 2013
Badtothebone wrote:
Update........
As of 6 this morning the debris was still at the street. A short time ago a truck did come by and pick everything up. I have no idea why I was told it was the homeowners responsibility. I apologies if I got everyones feathers ruffled.
Ruffle away. And there's way too much BS around here, which all goes back to just a few of people.
Hahaha

Mastic Beach, NY

#21 Jun 8, 2013
more crap wrote:
<quoted text>
Ruffle away. And there's way too much BS around here, which all goes back to just a few of people.
With you and Brady leading the BS charge! Funniest ones now are the POA is going Bankrupt.
Village won the property lawsuit. And that if the village screws up, we need to fix it ourselves.
Oh, also that Gary isnt harassing the POA. THAT one is the best! How much in fines has the code enforcers giving to the MBPOA to date? Zero? But yet everyday, there they are puffing their chests out acting like tough guys! If very funny to watch Tim go red in the face with anger every time they tell him to go away!! It wont be long now until the water and electric are done!
more crap

Mastic Beach, NY

#22 Jun 8, 2013
Hahaha wrote:
<quoted text>With you and Brady leading the BS charge! Funniest ones now are the POA is going Bankrupt.
Village won the property lawsuit. And that if the village screws up, we need to fix it ourselves.
Oh, also that Gary isnt harassing the POA. THAT one is the best! How much in fines has the code enforcers giving to the MBPOA to date? Zero? But yet everyday, there they are puffing their chests out acting like tough guys! If very funny to watch Tim go red in the face with anger every time they tell him to go away!! It wont be long now until the water and electric are done!
I don't start rumors or lies. I don't know if the POA is going bankrupt or not. I have no idea of the status of the lawsuit. I have not seen any harassment. All that stuff comes from someone else, or a bunch of others. It's good that the POA marinas water and electric are done. Time for those with boats to enjoy boating. I'm not Brady.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Moriches Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 33 min Who are trying to... 6,413
Dans Horse dead farm (Aug '13) 3 hr Dantheman 128
bruce and maura are useless Sun hoodo 71
Biondi's Failed Audit Aug 30 hoo doo you think... 5
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) Aug 29 Lol 16,779
Crier by Bruce Aug 28 Incompetence 6
Brady is silent on MBV Audit Aug 28 hoodo 15
•••

Moriches News Video

•••
•••

Moriches Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Moriches People Search