First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Do it

Mastic Beach, NY

#1 May 27, 2013
The Board should just quit screwing around and do it already. Level the whole place. Wipe the crap off the map. Start over. The handful of cry babies can move out.
fool me once

Dobbs Ferry, NY

#2 May 27, 2013
Do it wrote:
The Board should just quit screwing around and do it already. Level the whole place. Wipe the crap off the map. Start over. The handful of cry babies can move out.
but if the crybabies move out, the village will have no supporters left.
Stop the 1 percent

Mastic, NY

#4 May 27, 2013
Do it wrote:
Oh, you've got to be kidding. This was tried in the Kelo case, in New London Connecticut.

The only answer is to begin protests with the village's 99 percent. We need to have an Occupy the Village movement.

Let's occupy Bayview park and show the 1 percenters here in MBV that this has to change. The dunes protecting ...I mean, yea that's it.

We must stop the absentee landlords from doing this to.... oh, ah, wait, um??

Love and Pieces
onward

Mastic Beach, NY

#5 May 29, 2013
"Oh, you've got to be kidding. This was tried in the Kelo case, in New London Connecticut."
OK, now you're a lawyer.
"The only answer is to begin protests with the village's 99 percent. We need to have an Occupy the Village movement.
Let's occupy Bayview park and show the 1 percenters here in MBV that this has to change."
Occupy Wallstreet movement are a bunch of crybabies, praying the CEO's will come down from their ivory towers, scoop them up from the park, and hire them. The people that made it on Wall Street earned it by using their heads. Banging tambourines won't do it. Sorry. Please don't compare the people of this village to them. It's an insult.
"The dunes protecting ...I mean, yea that's it."
Yeah, OK.
"We must stop the absentee landlords from doing this to.... oh, ah, wait, um??"
What's the difference between an absentee landlord and a present one? Nothing. A landlord is a person in business, a capitalist.
Brady

Mastic Beach, NY

#6 May 29, 2013
The difference is if the Landlord is present, he is a homeowner.

Why don't the people who are most offended by a slum house owned by a non resident go to HIS house and protest. Get the news media there too (and I don't mean www.masticbeachnews.com )

Maura, you owe all the residents of MBV an apology for the blatant lie you told that the number of rentals doubled in MB since the incorporation. You are implying the increase in rental permits indicated NEW rentals, when you know very well it is instead due to formerly illegal rentals brought into compliance by village code enforcement.
onward

Mastic Beach, NY

#7 May 29, 2013
Brady wrote:
Why don't the people who are most offended by a slum house owned by a non resident go to HIS house and protest. Get the news media there too (and I don't mean www.masticbeachnews.com )
Maura, you owe all the residents of MBV an apology for the blatant lie you told that the number of rentals doubled in MB since the incorporation. You are implying the increase in rental permits indicated NEW rentals, when you know very well it is instead due to formerly illegal rentals brought into compliance by village code enforcement.
correction needed? I meant the difference between a landlord that lives outside of our area or a landlord that lives within MB, renting out one or more of their investment properties, other than their own private residence. Sorry for confusion.
Brady

Mastic Beach, NY

#8 May 29, 2013
onward wrote:
<quoted text>
correction needed? I meant the difference between a landlord that lives outside of our area or a landlord that lives within MB, renting out one or more of their investment properties, other than their own private residence. Sorry for confusion.
Whether the landlord is an MBV resident or not, go picket his house. If he creates a slum, he must be punished. Occupy his neighborhood, let his friends, relatives, and neighbors see how bad the slum house is. It's time to stop letting others do what you need to do.
ask Gary

Mastic Beach, NY

#9 May 29, 2013
Brady wrote:
You owe Maura an apology. BROJER wrote it. He also stated that we have NO business district either.
Oh yeah, it a blog! Get over yourself!
ask Gary

Mastic Beach, NY

#10 May 29, 2013
Brady wrote:
<quoted text>Whether the landlord is an MBV resident or not, go picket his house. If he creates a slum, he must be punished. Occupy his neighborhood, let his friends, relatives, and neighbors see how bad the slum house is. It's time to stop letting others do what you need to do.
you do that. what a F@#King idiot you are.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#11 May 29, 2013
Brady wrote:
Maura, you owe all the residents of MBV an apology for the blatant lie you told
That is pretty humorous, Pinocchio Brady asking for an apology for a lie.

All the lies you have told in order to cover up all the lies made by an elected official of the village, and not once have you asked him to apologize. When you are confronted with the real trut about a lie from an elected official, you either say 'sue me' or you 'are leaving topix'.
fool me once

Dobbs Ferry, NY

#12 May 29, 2013
onward wrote:
<quoted text>
you obviously cannot read. the article states that TIM BROJER sent a letter to nys and said the over half the homes in mastic beach are rentals. MAURA did not say it, she just reported that it was said by MR BROJER. get your facts straight and stop trying to start trouble.
Brady

Mastic Beach, NY

#13 May 29, 2013
fool me once wrote:
<quoted text>you obviously cannot read. the article states that TIM BROJER sent a letter to nys and said the over half the homes in mastic beach are rentals. MAURA did not say it, she just reported that it was said by MR BROJER. get your facts straight and stop trying to start trouble.
I read the letter on Bruce's crier which Maura linked to and where she misquotes Tim. Saying there are almost 50% rentals is not totally inaccurate. Out of 5,500 houses, there are now 1,700 legal rentals. There are also another 500 illegal accessory apartments in garages and basements. Plus, there are another 500 more unfound rentals. That's almost 2700 which is just below 50%, but less than half.
Maura had a rental on Cranberry.
Maura NOT Here

Mastic, NY

#14 May 29, 2013
Brady wrote:
<quoted text>I read the letter on Bruce's crier which Maura linked to and where she misquotes Tim. Saying there are almost 50% rentals is not totally inaccurate. Out of 5,500 houses, there are now 1,700 legal rentals. There are also another 500 illegal accessory apartments in garages and basements. Plus, there are another 500 more unfound rentals. That's almost 2700 which is just below 50%, but less than half.
Someone saw people cleaning up the mess at the house on Cranberry. Someone said she sold it, but I'd like to see proof of that.

But in any case, the mess was cleaned up since someone put it on topix.

Since she wants to run a website criticizing the village and what they're doing, she needs to hold herself up to those standards.

So lets talk about her place on Riviera. Did she need a permit to put that new fence up? It's a lot better than the black curtain she put up before Sandy. I don't think that met code, but Sandy took care of that.

And even if a permit was not needed, how about cutting the posts down to size. It's bad enough the house is a wreck, but there's no excuse for the posts not being cut to the fence height.

Get on with it maura. You can't run a online newspaper without living up to the same standards you accuse others of not doing.

Also, to the foul-mouthed ignoramus that turns to insults and cursing of other posters because he or she doesn't have the brains or facts to respond respectfully, maura's websie is an on-line newspaper, not a blog. Blogs, funny enough, end in .blog, so enough with the whinning about "it's a blog" bull.

Piece and love.
ask Gary

Mastic Beach, NY

#15 May 29, 2013
Brady wrote:
<quoted text>I read the letter on Bruce's crier which Maura linked to and where she misquotes Tim. Saying there are almost 50% rentals is not totally inaccurate. Out of 5,500 houses, there are now 1,700 legal rentals. There are also another 500 illegal accessory apartments in garages and basements. Plus, there are another 500 more unfound rentals. That's almost 2700 which is just below 50%, but less than half.
So? Gary has a slum on cranberry.
ask Gary

Mastic Beach, NY

#16 May 29, 2013
Maura NOT Here wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone saw people cleaning up the mess at the house on Cranberry. Someone said she sold it, but I'd like to see proof of that.
Since she wants to run a website criticizing the village and what they're doing, she needs to hold herself up to those standards.
So lets talk about her place on Riviera. Did she need a permit to put that new fence up? It's a lot better than the black curtain she put up before Sandy. I don't think that met code, but Sandy took care of that.
And even if a permit was not needed, how about cutting the posts down to size. It's bad enough the house is a wreck, but there's no excuse for the posts not being cut to the fence height.
Get on with it maura. You can't run a online newspaper without living up to the same standards you accuse others of not doing.
Also, to the foul-mouthed ignoramus that turns to insults and cursing of other posters because he or she doesn't have the brains or facts to respond respectfully, maura's websie is an on-line newspaper, not a blog. Blogs, funny enough, end in .blog, so enough with the whinning about "it's a blog" bull.
Piece and love.
How much does she get paid by the village? Nothing? Is she wasting MY tax dollars? Nope! Gary should be held to MUCH MUCH HIGHER standards because hes AN ELECTED OFFICIAL! Get a clue! She has no control over this government, why are you so scared of her ya baby?
And its not an online "newspaper" you dolt! If you think that, I bet you think THE SQUEAK is a real on line newspaper! What a buffoon!
victor zeleny

Brooklyn, NY

#17 May 29, 2013
No one is scared they are tired of all the LIES. Cable money, cell towers which was asked for three years before we were a village, hiring family members a second cousin? Come on . Great snow plowing, good storm clean up four houses on my block were rentals now filled with first-time home buyers ...... yeah VILLAGE
fool me once

Dobbs Ferry, NY

#18 May 29, 2013
Brady wrote:
you really cannot understand the english language. it is not about how many actual rental homes there are. it is about the fact that OUR BUILDING INSPECTOR wrote a letter stating that there are over 50% rentals. these were TIMS words. If the number is wrong, then you have an issue with TIM not with MAURA. It would be nice if the building inspector who receives a salary knew the correct number. any questions?
cranberry resident

Dobbs Ferry, NY

#19 May 29, 2013
Maura NOT Here wrote:
<quoted text>
Piece and love.
do you mean that there was a landscaper doing spring cleanup? that's what people do at this time of the year. There is no tarp on the roof and nothing is falling down. you obviously are speaking about the wrong house.
cranberry resident

Dobbs Ferry, NY

#20 May 29, 2013
victor zeleny wrote:
No one is scared they are tired of all the LIES. Cable money, cell towers which was asked for three years before we were a village, hiring family members a second cousin? Come on . Great snow plowing, good storm clean up four houses on my block were rentals now filled with first-time home buyers ...... yeah VILLAGE
the cable money is real. the application for a cell tower was real. the cable money came in 2011. we were already a village. you should go back and read the minutes of the mbv meetings. both things are in them. i still have debris from irene. storm drains are backed up. you can't read the new street signs.(plus they weren't done to nys standards) our deputy mayor rebuilt his marina without permits. friends are relatives are getting hired at an alarming rate. neighborhood road looks awful. the only thing i like is the garbage company that they hired because they clean up after themselves when they spill stuff out of the trucks. i am so glad that you, a paid employee of the village supports the village. the rest of us are not getting paid. i want the people that i pay to do the right job the first time.
Whaaa

Mastic Beach, NY

#21 May 29, 2013
victor zeleny wrote:
what did happen to that 10 grand cable money? Are you saying cable vision lied? We didn't receive that money? Huh?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Moriches Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What happened to Watch Dog 10 hr Sick of New Horiz... 12
Paradise Lost! 10 hr Sick of New Horiz... 47
another thrift shop Mon The End is Near 7
Splice T Considers Name Change Aug 1 Unknown 2
Is Betty the new Bruce? Jul 31 So so so tired of... 52
Does anyone remember.......... (Jan '11) Jul 30 Splice T 78
New Mastic Beach Drug House Jul 30 Splice T 14
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Moriches Mortgages