Levy seeks special meeting of Suffolk...

Levy seeks special meeting of Suffolk legislature

There are 7 comments on the Newsday story from Mar 19, 2009, titled Levy seeks special meeting of Suffolk legislature. In it, Newsday reports that:

Suffolk County Executive Steve Levy yesterday called for a special meeting of the county legislature to vote on a revised version of his layoff bill to avoid recusal from five lawmakers whose relatives work for the county.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

HELP the middle class

Hauppauge, NY

#2 Mar 19, 2009
County workers just want to do their jobs. The layoff games are cruel and a distraction. Someone needs to go back to school and learn how to manage a work force.
Unappreciated

Nesconset, NY

#3 Mar 20, 2009
I heard a rumor that 2000 pink slips went out to Suffolk County Employees Today
wanna know

Nesconset, NY

#4 Mar 20, 2009
How much do the legislators pay themselves?????????? With our county Dollars????
Do Waht Ya Wanna

Chicago, IL

#5 Mar 20, 2009
Scream ,cream gimme that ice cream
You seem, to beem, when it always seems to be

To see

the endless options that were meanto be

Bees, please, tomatos and cheese.

Peace out
Concerned Taxpayer

Bridgeport, CT

#6 Mar 20, 2009
The county is so short staffed that any cuts would cost the county dearly,by not meeting state standards and timetables..In social services alone welfare,Medicaid and housing payments would be disrupted causing state aide sanction where as Suffolk taxpayers would be forced to pay state funds that will be pulled or denied.
There Are Enviromental mandates that have to be met by Public works and Health Dept that if not met would cause millions in fines from EPA and State DEC as well as other oversite agencies.
Look at Suffolks history last layoffs cost the County taxpayers millions more than saved due to State and federal Mandates and Enviromental protection agency fines.
Facts: Nassau County 14,000 employees(Excluding police)
Suffolk County: 6800 employees (excluding police)
Suffolk serves the same size population as Nassau ,and twice the size of Nassau.
Sufflok taxpayers get the best service for there tax dollar,and that's a fact.
These are things the little wezel fails to point out,while all his non tested political tupperware rep appointees continue to harass the real workers while extorting funds for his rubber chicken dinners.
former employee

Passaic, NJ

#7 Mar 21, 2009
OK ?? How much did this mailing cost the county? I also understand that no one had to sign for them. I guess we all have to pay for power play games.
Lets get down to business and behave like intelligent educated business persons.
Current employee

Medford, NY

#8 Mar 23, 2009
Take a look at the targeted positions. Not one administration official or political appointee (never took a test) on the list. This is a scare tactic and anyone who falls for it is a fool. I will not vote for a lag and hopefully out union will NOT either.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Moriches Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mastic Beach Village employee claims in police ... (Apr '15) 52 min Really Brady 155
Crabby Robs at Smith Point 19 hr Trekman 1
News Horseshoe crab sting (Jul '07) Mon lkjlk 79
Dissolve the village Jun 23 Loza 10
Squatters and high grass Jun 21 Sick 30
News Mastic Beach Village delays public hearing on e... Feb '16 Evan Poliico 1
News Moriches Man Charged With Home Improvement Scam (Feb '11) Feb '16 Evan Politico 13
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Moriches Mortgages