Police investigate Mastic Beach shooting

May 15, 2014 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Newsday

The man, 26, told police he was shot by an "unknown" subject at about 8:30 p.m. near Huntington Drive, a police spokesman said.

Comments
1 - 20 of 60 Comments Last updated May 28, 2014
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Now What

Huntington Station, NY

#1 May 16, 2014
I live really close to this and heard the shots and thought they were maybe fireworks. Guess not. So what is going to be done about this. The neighbors who live around me and myself are regular, tax paying homeowners who the loudest we get is mowing our lawns. We are lucky alot of the problem houses in our immediate area have been vacated. What are we suppose to do when the errant dirtbag can do something like this. I really think we need our own police substation in the tri-hamlet area. This is bullshit.

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#2 May 16, 2014
A police substation is unlikely. However, if the ambulance co succeeds in moving to The Associated property, it will be another occupied building open 24 hours. And a bonus is police usually stop in regularly for restroom and meal breaks. The one thing criminals don't like is being seen.

HD security cameras also fight crime.

Any addresses where a crime is being committed should be reported to the village for them to determine the owner and to document illicit activity.
Fantasy Island

Mastic Beach, NY

#3 May 17, 2014
Really Brady wrote:
A police substation is unlikely. However, if the ambulance co succeeds in moving to The Associated property, it will be another occupied building open 24 hours. And a bonus is police usually stop in regularly for restroom and meal breaks. The one thing criminals don't like is being seen.
HD security cameras also fight crime.
Any addresses where a crime is being committed should be reported to the village for them to determine the owner and to document illicit activity.
Cops in the restroom or eating a sandwich don't respond to crimes. Cops on patrol do. We need patrol cars in high crime areas of the neighborhood. Cameras won't stop a criminal. An ambulance company in town is irrelevant to crime, and just loss of possible businesses in town.
hoodo

Shirley, NY

#4 May 17, 2014
Fantasy Island wrote:
<quoted text>
Cops in the restroom or eating a sandwich don't respond to crimes. Cops on patrol do. We need patrol cars in high crime areas of the neighborhood. Cameras won't stop a criminal. An ambulance company in town is irrelevant to crime, and just loss of possible businesses in town.
All very true .If the rental situation will not or can not be rectified then you can do what ever you want. It won't help.If you have leadership that is reactionary,who don't plan or don't know how to plan nothing will change.Quality Business don't want open up on Taxi avenue. If code enforcement and village officers don't ticket things like uncut or trash filled lawns nothing will change.If cops don't stop looking at every one who lives here as Dirtbags things won't change.I had a cop years ago tell me when I had a complaint about dirtbag renters,He told me "what do you expect? look where you live". Mastic Beach is looked at as a dumping ground for crap. We are truly like a modern consintration camp only we are free to come and go. But we are the area where Suffolk and Brookhaven concentrate there unwanted undesirables.And we property owners are continually frustrated by the continuing situation we live with. And summer is coming thats when it really gets bad. Watch where you were Red or Blue clothing

Location hidden

#5 May 17, 2014
hoodo wrote:
<quoted text> All very true .If the rental situation will not or can not be rectified then you can do what ever you want. It won't help.If you have leadership that is reactionary,who don't plan or don't know how to plan nothing will change.Quality Business don't want open up on Taxi avenue. If code enforcement and village officers don't ticket things like uncut or trash filled lawns nothing will change.If cops don't stop looking at every one who lives here as Dirtbags things won't change.I had a cop years ago tell me when I had a complaint about dirtbag renters,He told me "what do you expect? look where you live". Mastic Beach is looked at as a dumping ground for crap. We are truly like a modern consintration camp only we are free to come and go. But we are the area where Suffolk and Brookhaven concentrate there unwanted undesirables.And we property owners are continually frustrated by the continuing situation we live with. And summer is coming thats when it really gets bad. Watch where you were Red or Blue clothing
So, why did you accept it when brookhaven town was in charge?

Wake up!

You are not allowed to discriminate against sex offenders, so I do not advise you to harass him her or even IT. But the OWNERS of these flop houses can be found VERY EASILY. You could form a posse to antagonize the hell out of these slumlords.

The County placed these homeless criminals here, so go to Kate Browning and picket her house too! She may have a cow if you do, but at least the cow 2 doors down from here was removed.

There is a new quality of life committee being formed....join it. Your members can observe the whereabouts of problem houses or businesses and let the committee report them. We are in a digital age, record suspicious activity and report it.

Everything south of Neighborhood Rd is in the new flood zone. Any house that is not raised up above the mean flood level will need costly flood insurance. The only positive is the federal program Section 8 will probably not be able to place people in a flood zone. Houses in this zone will be picked up by cash buyers, just like the one on Diana.
hoodo

Shirley, NY

#6 May 17, 2014
Really Brady,Really what does all your gibberish have to do with what I wrote? The Village was supposed to end all that stuff you referenced.It hasten't made a dent.
Unbelievable

East Moriches, NY

#7 May 17, 2014
Really Brady wrote:
<quoted text>So, why did you accept it when brookhaven town was in charge?
Wake up!
You are not allowed to discriminate against sex offenders, so I do not advise you to harass him her or even IT. But the OWNERS of these flop houses can be found VERY EASILY. You could form a posse to antagonize the hell out of these slumlords.
The County placed these homeless criminals here, so go to Kate Browning and picket her house too! She may have a cow if you do, but at least the cow 2 doors down from here was removed.
There is a new quality of life committee being formed....join it. Your members can observe the whereabouts of problem houses or businesses and let the committee report them. We are in a digital age, record suspicious activity and report it.
Everything south of Neighborhood Rd is in the new flood zone. Any house that is not raised up above the mean flood level will need costly flood insurance. The only positive is the federal program Section 8 will probably not be able to place people in a flood zone. Houses in this zone will be picked up by cash buyers, just like the one on Diana.
yes, one house on Diana is the only problem in the whole village you moron. MBVEC PROMISED to get rid of sex offenders, YOU say the village CAN get rid of them, but chooses NOT to. That makes YOU an idiot! The lies and promises were only that, lies and promises. Have fun protesting the owners building. I bet it works as well as your "protest" to the 'issues' FB page.

Location hidden

#8 May 17, 2014
Unbelievable wrote:
<quoted text>yes, one house on Diana is the only problem in the whole village you moron. MBVEC PROMISED to get rid of sex offenders, YOU say the village CAN get rid of them, but chooses NOT to. That makes YOU an idiot! The lies and promises were only that, lies and promises. Have fun protesting the owners building. I bet it works as well as your "protest" to the 'issues' FB page.
Reread what I wrote, I never said they choose not to. Here is my quote:

The village CAN, but so far they have not done what is necessary. I like the way YOU, blame the village for something that someone else actually did. Why don't all the neighbors go to this unregistered landlord's house and place of business and picket him? Drag his ass into court and apply every punishment available. Do not plea bargain.

There is now a new Chief of Code Enforcement....Bruce. Let's see how he attacks this new Level 3 f'er of 8 year old girls placed in MBV by Suffolk County DSS. Kate Browning, thanks for nothing.

The owner has no rental reg or permit....go get him! Put his name in the paper. Stand up and say we are sick of being dumped on. Or, just count them as they walk around. Summer brings them out.
hoodo

Shirley, NY

#9 May 17, 2014
Once again Dummy why haven't your pals done any thing to improve the village..And pay attention to what Unbelievable wrote That is why Bob &Gail are gone. Your precious Nick. Bill and Gary will follow. My little Ray of Sunshine. Oh Really Brady,Really where is your raciest friend, homophobe that Chubby little Victor I haven't seen him lately is the poor think well.

Location hidden

#10 May 17, 2014
hoodo wrote:
Once again Dummy why haven't your pals done any thing to improve the village..And pay attention to what Unbelievable wrote That is why Bob &Gail are gone. Your precious Nick. Bill and Gary will follow. My little Ray of Sunshine. Oh Really Brady,Really where is your raciest friend, homophobe that Chubby little Victor I haven't seen him lately is the poor think well.
Dissolve it already. I am so sick of your shit. Wow, the warm weather sure brings them out!
ha ha ha

Shirley, NY

#11 May 17, 2014
hoodo wrote:
<quoted text> All very true .If the rental situation will not or can not be rectified then you can do what ever you want. It won't help.If you have leadership that is reactionary,who don't plan or don't know how to plan nothing will change.Quality Business don't want open up on Taxi avenue. If code enforcement and village officers don't ticket things like uncut or trash filled lawns nothing will change.If cops don't stop looking at every one who lives here as Dirtbags things won't change.I had a cop years ago tell me when I had a complaint about dirtbag renters,He told me "what do you expect? look where you live". Mastic Beach is looked at as a dumping ground for crap. We are truly like a modern consintration camp only we are free to come and go. But we are the area where Suffolk and Brookhaven concentrate there unwanted undesirables.And we property owners are continually frustrated by the continuing situation we live with. And summer is coming thats when it really gets bad. Watch where you were Red or Blue clothing
i usually don't agree with you, but the police do not make arrests even when the crime is blatant. they are always telling people that they live in a bad neighborhood and what do they expect? well, i for one expect the highest paid police in the country to do their damn jobs. arrest the criminals. they don't want more paperwork. it's disgusting.

Location hidden

#12 May 17, 2014
ha ha ha wrote:
<quoted text>i usually don't agree with you, but the police do not make arrests even when the crime is blatant. they are always telling people that they live in a bad neighborhood and what do they expect? well, i for one expect the highest paid police in the country to do their damn jobs. arrest the criminals. they don't want more paperwork. it's disgusting.
To make an arrest, the police need probable cause and often there is no complainant. Drug dealers are robbed often...and they don't call the police when they get shot at.

I agree with the police. Just because a bunch of homies (and I mean that in a way that will only offend some) are hanging out, riding kids bikes to their drug deals, parading around with their pitbulls on ropes, and don't allow you enough room to drive around them in the street, doesn't make them hoods.

Now it's getting dark, the fun begins.
hoodo

Shirley, NY

#14 May 18, 2014
But I thought the formation of a Village would end much of this crap. The cops like evry one else on Long Island has no respect for Mastic Beach and it's clown government.The code enforcement dip s**ts drive right past very observable violations and do nothing. Enforcing the codes and forcing responsible parties to clem up or an cut there lawns.(also known as their summer residents) That would help with the quality of life.An make it easer for people to sell their homes to slum lords and flee to other areas. But Really Brady tell me again what the gang of idiots have accomplished in 4 years. Really

Location hidden

#15 May 18, 2014
hoodo wrote:
But I thought the formation of a Village would end much of this crap. The cops like evry one else on Long Island has no respect for Mastic Beach and it's clown government.The code enforcement dip s**ts drive right past very observable violations and do nothing. Enforcing the codes and forcing responsible parties to clem up or an cut there lawns.(also known as their summer residents) That would help with the quality of life.An make it easer for people to sell their homes to slum lords and flee to other areas. But Really Brady tell me again what the gang of idiots have accomplished in 4 years. Really
There will not be one privately owned house south of Neighborhood Rd that is not a rental, if code does not get busy finding them.
hoodo

Shirley, NY

#16 May 18, 2014
So we agree he codies don't do their jobs

Location hidden

#17 May 18, 2014
hoodo wrote:
So we agree he codies don't do their jobs
They need direction. I think they found about 30% of the active rentals.
Poor Babs

East Moriches, NY

#18 May 18, 2014
Really Brady wrote:
<quoted text>There will not be one privately owned house south of Neighborhood Rd that is not a rental, if code does not get busy finding them.
im convinced that you are the stupidest person on earth now. Yes, fine all homeowner south of neighborhood road for no reason to keep rentals away.
Stupid, stupid Brady.

Location hidden

#19 May 18, 2014
Poor Babs wrote:
<quoted text>im convinced that you are the stupidest person on earth now. Yes, fine all homeowner south of neighborhood road for no reason to keep rentals away.
Stupid, stupid Brady.
Then DO something! Maybe the Town of Brookhaven could do better?
Really stupid Brady

East Moriches, NY

#20 May 18, 2014
Really Brady wrote:
<quoted text>Then DO something! Maybe the Town of Brookhaven could do better?
they were.
hoodo

Shirley, NY

#21 May 18, 2014
Really Brady you say the CIO need direction,Ok then you are saying they have had not direction for 4 years of your beloved failed government.You really don't understand how friggin dumb you really are do you Really Brady,Really

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Moriches Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dans Horse dead farm (Aug '13) 4 hr Limerick 103
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) 7 hr Lol 16,781
bruce and maura are useless Thu candid camera 68
Biondi's Failed Audit Thu karma 3
Crier by Bruce Thu Incompetence 6
Brady is silent on MBV Audit Thu hoodo 15
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) Wed Vote Zornow 6,408
•••

Moriches News Video

•••
•••

Moriches Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Moriches People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••