a new candidate
True story

New York, NY

#85 Jan 23, 2014
Moron wrong again no one from garys family works for the village
Buying

Mastic Beach, NY

#86 Jan 23, 2014
"The buyers are being shielded by a realtor".
Realtors work for the broker. It's past time we hold realtors and brokers who come into the village and break the law to the same standard the rest of us are held to. If you know about this and do nothing to stop it, then you enable these lawbreakers.
We need to take the profit out and exposure is a good start.
Name names .File complaints with New York State. They can and will revoke licenses and send a message.
Or do nothing and stay intimidated.
Shut Up

Shirley, NY

#87 Jan 23, 2014
Buying wrote:
Realtors work for the broker. It's past time we hold realtors and brokers who come into the village and break the law to the same standard the rest of us are held to. If you know about this and do nothing to stop it, then you enable these lawbreakers.
Name names .File complaints with New York State. They can and will revoke licenses and send a message.
The guy who started these lies would be wise to not stick their nose where it don't belong.
confused

Mastic Beach, NY

#88 Jan 23, 2014
True story wrote:
Garys cousins wifes buissness bid on irene and came in 1000, 000 $ less than everone else gee why did she get the job ??? So your logic is not to give it to the lowest bid . Hum why is the MBPOA broke? Yeah maura
you should go back and read the minutes. they were hired on an "emergency" basis without bidding. gary's family business got over 250,000.00. they next highest "emergency" contractor for storm cleanup in irene got $4000.00. I am sure you have lots of excuses; but this is pure nepotism.
confused

Mastic Beach, NY

#89 Jan 23, 2014
Former MBPOA wrote:
<quoted text>That is why MBPOA runs at a loss most of the time. Even a not-for-profit needs to make money. Don't change horses mid-stream. We don't need summer party houses or mold police (Bruce, Maura).
are you aware that a non profit has to run at a zero balance at the end of every year?
confused

Mastic Beach, NY

#90 Jan 23, 2014
Really Brady wrote:
Like the $7,500 fine the DEC gave MBPOA in 2006 because Maura told stick dock renters to build their docks any way they want?
The road is nearly impassable in it's current state. This is due to DEC not letting the village make the surface out of anything but sand. Do you know why they want it this way? Because someone, who probably works at DEC, is secretly buying up all the vacant waterfront lots under several corporations, LLC's and even one LLP. The lots are all contiguous and will likely be merged into one big parcel. If you check "Shack on the Bay" you will see what I mean.
No, the road is impassable because the village put illegal fill that is too big and filled with rebar. it is not the responsibility of the DEC to make sure that the village does it's due diligence. As usual, they did what they want and now they are blaming someone else. I am sure, if you think hard enough you will find a way to blame the mbpoa.(that is really all you do)
confused

Mastic Beach, NY

#91 Jan 23, 2014
Buying wrote:
now it is the real estate's fault? not the person buying the land? of course, demonize someone else so your precious village never has to take responsibility for anything.
What

Mastic Beach, NY

#92 Jan 23, 2014
confused wrote:
<quoted text>are you aware that a non profit has to run at a zero balance at the end of every year?

That was not the case when Jan Shaefer turned the MBPOA over to the next president. They used to be well managed, open books, and solvent. The bank account had well over $100,000 in it when she left.
True story

New York, NY

#93 Jan 23, 2014
She left over200, 000

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#94 Jan 23, 2014
confused wrote:
<quoted text>are you aware that a non profit has to run at a zero balance at the end of every year?
Really, then how do you explain the $31,062 profit reported for 2011?

At the end of 2006, the cash account held $201,644 which included the sale of the land to Stanzoni affiliated Vintage Homes for $125,000. Without that sale, the organization would have been almost broke. And as of end of 2012, cash was down to $27,092.

If your statement is that a 501(c)(4) can't accumulate assets, then how did it have over $200,000 of members money in it at the end of 2006.
confused

Mastic Beach, NY

#95 Jan 24, 2014
What wrote:
<quoted text>
That was not the case when Jan Shaefer turned the MBPOA over to the next president. They used to be well managed, open books, and solvent. The bank account had well over $100,000 in it when she left.
that was the fire island fund. it was meant to fix damage to the waterfront. it was a separate account.
confused

Mastic Beach, NY

#96 Jan 24, 2014
Really Brady wrote:
<quoted text>Really, then how do you explain the $31,062 profit reported for 2011?
At the end of 2006, the cash account held $201,644 which included the sale of the land to Stanzoni affiliated Vintage Homes for $125,000. Without that sale, the organization would have been almost broke. And as of end of 2012, cash was down to $27,092.
If your statement is that a 501(c)(4) can't accumulate assets, then how did it have over $200,000 of members money in it at the end of 2006.
you are really stupid. you can have operating expenses. i am not sure how much. and the fire island fund is not an operating expense. it was a separate account. i would like to know how many of your bank accounts took a hit in the RECESSION

Location hidden

#97 Jan 25, 2014
confused wrote:
<quoted text> you are really stupid. you can have operating expenses. i am not sure how much. and the fire island fund is not an operating expense. it was a separate account. i would like to know how many of your bank accounts took a hit in the RECESSION
Don't try to mix people up. In 1949, the MBPOA bought 12 acres of land on Fire Island. The land went from the bay to the ocean and was 695 feet long and 1,500 feet wide. The association paid $7,200 for the property. To pay for the purchase 1,000 members pledged to pay $8 each. In 1967 Suffolk County made the property part of the county park system. The MBPOA received $51,000 for the land. The money still remains in a bank account for the MBPOA to BORROW against. That was 1967...Money was spent a loooooooooong time ago. As of 2012, the cash account had only $27,092. According to the newsletter, they were only supposed to be able to borrow against this fund.

in 2006, the MBPOA sold more land. This time,$125,000 was received from a local realtor company whose address was the same as Stanzoni,(and Bob DeBona worked for Stanzoni as a realtor at the time of that transaction). This sale of land was a desperate move to stave off bankrupcy caused by declining membership and insufficient revenue. 2007, 2008 & 2009 were again running in the RED with losses of ($81,883),($29,684), and ($59,280) respectively. Those same three years showed no unusual events and were WAY before the village could be blamed for them.

Confused...you are the one. Operating expenses do not get reported on the Balance Sheet. The only ASSET that MBPOA reports is CASH. And that is the account to which I am referring. The organization cannot list the clubhouse, or the marinas as assets because they do not own them, and they can not mortgage them.

Now, do you really think I'm stupid?
Truth

Mastic Beach, NY

#98 Jan 25, 2014
Really Brady wrote:
<quoted text>Don't try to mix people up. In 1949, the MBPOA bought 12 acres of land on Fire Island. The land went from the bay to the ocean and was 695 feet long and 1,500 feet wide. The association paid $7,200 for the property. To pay for the purchase 1,000 members pledged to pay $8 each. In 1967 Suffolk County made the property part of the county park system. The MBPOA received $51,000 for the land. The money still remains in a bank account for the MBPOA to BORROW against. That was 1967...Money was spent a loooooooooong time ago. As of 2012, the cash account had only $27,092. According to the newsletter, they were only supposed to be able to borrow against this fund.
in 2006, the MBPOA sold more land. This time,$125,000 was received from a local realtor company whose address was the same as Stanzoni,(and Bob DeBona worked for Stanzoni as a realtor at the time of that transaction). This sale of land was a desperate move to stave off bankrupcy caused by declining membership and insufficient revenue. 2007, 2008 & 2009 were again running in the RED with losses of ($81,883),($29,684), and ($59,280) respectively. Those same three years showed no unusual events and were WAY before the village could be blamed for them.
Confused...you are the one. Operating expenses do not get reported on the Balance Sheet. The only ASSET that MBPOA reports is CASH. And that is the account to which I am referring. The organization cannot list the clubhouse, or the marinas as assets because they do not own them, and they can not mortgage them.
Thank you.
confused

Mastic Beach, NY

#99 Jan 25, 2014
Really Brady wrote:
<quoted text>Don't try to mix people up. In 1949, the MBPOA bought 12 acres of land on Fire Island. The land went from the bay to the ocean and was 695 feet long and 1,500 feet wide. The association paid $7,200 for the property. To pay for the purchase 1,000 members pledged to pay $8 each. In 1967 Suffolk County made the property part of the county park system. The MBPOA received $51,000 for the land. The money still remains in a bank account for the MBPOA to BORROW against. That was 1967...Money was spent a loooooooooong time ago. As of 2012, the cash account had only $27,092. According to the newsletter, they were only supposed to be able to borrow against this fund.
there were "no unusual events?' just a major recession. silly me, thinking you were smart enough to put the dates of losses together with a time when people could not afford to put their boats in the water and there were many foreclosures in the area. get real. stop trying to blame the mbpoa for all of the village's problems. try blaming the people who are so incompetent that they keep doing all the wrong things and hiring friends and family. Nepotism is running wild and the ostriches are sticking their heads in the sand.

Location hidden

#100 Jan 25, 2014
confused wrote:
<quoted text> there were "no unusual events?' just a major recession. silly me, thinking you were smart enough to put the dates of losses together with a time when people could not afford to put their boats in the water and there were many foreclosures in the area. get real. stop trying to blame the mbpoa for all of the village's problems. try blaming the people who are so incompetent that they keep doing all the wrong things and hiring friends and family. Nepotism is running wild and the ostriches are sticking their heads in the sand.
I am not blaming the MBPOA for all the problems in MB. I am simply pointing out that the organization is not being properly run. The Fire Island Fund is gone...and that is member's money. I stated that I believed the organization was near bankrupcy had it not sold the land to a realtor where the MBPOA President also happened to work. There was, in fact, no recession until the very end of 2008. In 2006, the MBPOA sold a 1/4 acre cornervacant lot for $125,000 (more than most houses are going for now). that was a booming time. The MBPOA even had interest income of $4,472.

I am not blaming the MBPOA for anything. I am just pointing out that I am not CONFUSED.
What

Mastic Beach, NY

#101 Jan 25, 2014
Really Brady wrote:
<quoted text>I am not blaming the MBPOA for all the problems in MB. I am simply pointing out that the organization is not being properly run. The Fire Island Fund is gone...and that is member's money. I stated that I believed the organization was near bankrupcy had it not sold the land to a realtor where the MBPOA President also happened to work. There was, in fact, no recession until the very end of 2008. In 2006, the MBPOA sold a 1/4 acre cornervacant lot for $125,000 (more than most houses are going for now). that was a booming time. The MBPOA even had interest income of $4,472.
I am not blaming the MBPOA for anything. I am just pointing out that I am not CONFUSED.
The person named confused is obviously a shill.

Location hidden

#102 Jan 26, 2014
What wrote:
<quoted text>
The person named confused is obviously a shill.
You are right. I blame the current Board of Directors for letting the finances of this civic go down the tubes. Now, which candidate for trustee is on that board???

And, I got more dirt involving private docks # 75 and 76, but that will need to wait until later.

Location hidden

#103 Jan 26, 2014
Really Brady wrote:
<quoted text>You are right. I blame the current Board of Directors for letting the finances of this civic go down the tubes. Now, which candidate for trustee is on that board???
And, I got more dirt involving private docks # 75 and 76, but that will need to wait until later.
Which candidate owns an 8 family tenement with the following violations:

NYC Department of Buildings
DOB Violations
Page: 1
Premises: 404 2 STREET BROOKLYN BIN: 3020939 Block: 975 Lot: 25
NUMBER TYPE FILE DATE
V 082995LL629134871 DOB VIOLATION - ACTIVE 08/29/1995
V 020700LL629114281 DOB VIOLATION - ACTIVE 02/07/2000
V* 021304LL629114910 DOB VIOLATION - DISMISSED 02/13/2004
V* 013105LL629113696 DOB VIOLATION - DISMISSED 01/31/2005
V 010606LL629112769 DOB VIOLATION - ACTIVE 01/06/2006
V* 010308LL629112881 DOB VIOLATION - DISMISSED 01/03/2008
V 121311LBLVIO08616 DOB VIOLATION - ACTIVE 12/13/2011
True story

Bronx, NY

#104 Jan 26, 2014
Could it be mrs velez

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Moriches Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Memorial Day 14 hr hodoo 22
MBV Residents interviewed 22 hr hodoo 2
Congratulations Mr. Daly Wed hodoo 31
Go Mastic Beach Advocate!!! Wed hodoo 39
Betty, Betty, Betty May 26 hodoo 25
Main Street MBV May 24 hodoo 11
Betty I thought you were conservative? May 24 Whaaaaaaaat 43
More from around the web

Moriches People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE