Maura the Destroyer
Maura will not Succeed

Mastic, NY

#1 Apr 2, 2014
J. Robert Oppenheimer is often referred to as the "father of the atomic bomb" for his role in the Manhattan Project. After watching the first atomic bomb being detonated on July 16, 1945, in New Mexico, he said afterwards that it made him think of the words from the Bhagavad Gita: "Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds."

Tonight, at the Village Budget Hearing we watched M. Patrice Spery believe she "Had become Death, the destroyer of villages." She knew she was going to try. She set her little camera up and was so anxious to attack, she had to be the first one up. It was the sorriest piece of work since the election campaign started. Already having been elected, you still felt the need to attack and demean the process, rather than offer your help in doing it better.

You ran on being the "uniter." On making the changes necessary to make this village more efficient and transparent. You WILL NOT destroy the village, Trustee Elect Spery. All your talk of how Brookhaven Town did so much better is bunk. Instead of suggesting how you would like to participate in the budget process, all you and your few minions could do is criticize, criticize, and criticize.

Try behaving like that at every Village meeting and see how quickly people will become sick of your sad and politically sadistic behavior.

Bruce, your questions were more respectful and not as critical. I think you want to make this village work. Maybe, you should distance yourself from Maura's belligerent and negative behavior now that the election is over.
Well Said

Mastic, NY

#2 Apr 3, 2014
I agree 100%. I was there, too. Attack and attack. No cooperation at all. Very sad.
MB Lover

Shirley, NY

#3 Apr 3, 2014
Well Said wrote:
I agree 100%. I was there, too. Attack and attack. No cooperation at all. Very sad.
I wonder why Hodoo is being so quiet? I am shocked that she or he is not saying everyone twisted what went on at the meeting and Maura is a saint.
tonight is the night

New York, NY

#4 Apr 8, 2014
I hope maura stands by her pledge and introduces a resolution to dissolve the village court. She should also call for an end to the property lawsuit.

Lastly, I want to hear about the corruption she talked about during the campaign.

I'll be there supporting you maura. Let's get the party started.

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#5 Apr 8, 2014
tonight is the night wrote:
I hope maura stands by her pledge and introduces a resolution to dissolve the village court. She should also call for an end to the property lawsuit.
Lastly, I want to hear about the corruption she talked about during the campaign.
I'll be there supporting you maura. Let's get the party started.
Dissolve the village court....are you aware the village court has been successful in enforcing code violation fines? Do you really think MBV would have been able to bring so many rentals up to code without the court? Do you know MBV gets a piece of every vehicle and traffic ticket written by SCPD? And finally, to the argument that the court is supposed to MAKE MONEY...that's not the courts mission. Instead, it is the mission of the court to be cost effective while enforcing VMB codes. If it happens to be profitable, that's a bonus.

I am voting NO, on the library budget today.
Haha

East Moriches, NY

#6 Apr 8, 2014
Really Brady wrote:
<quoted text>Dissolve the village court....are you aware the village court has been successful in enforcing code violation fines? Do you really think MBV would have been able to bring so many rentals up to code without the court? Do you know MBV gets a piece of every vehicle and traffic ticket written by SCPD? And finally, to the argument that the court is supposed to MAKE MONEY...that's not the courts mission. Instead, it is the mission of the court to be cost effective while enforcing VMB codes. If it happens to be profitable, that's a bonus.
so you vote yes to corruption, but no to books. If this isn't MB thinking, I don't know what is!
Off to vote YES to the library and a 4 cent increase in taxes.
more BS

East Moriches, NY

#7 Apr 8, 2014
Maura will not Succeed wrote:
J. Robert Oppenheimer is often referred to as the "father of the atomic bomb" for his role in the Manhattan Project. After watching the first atomic bomb being detonated on July 16, 1945, in New Mexico, he said afterwards that it made him think of the words from the Bhagavad Gita: "Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds."
Tonight, at the Village Budget Hearing we watched M. Patrice Spery believe she "Had become Death, the destroyer of villages." She knew she was going to try. She set her little camera up and was so anxious to attack, she had to be the first one up. It was the sorriest piece of work since the election campaign started. Already having been elected, you still felt the need to attack and demean the process, rather than offer your help in doing it better.
You ran on being the "uniter." On making the changes necessary to make this village more efficient and transparent. You WILL NOT destroy the village, Trustee Elect Spery. All your talk of how Brookhaven Town did so much better is bunk. Instead of suggesting how you would like to participate in the budget process, all you and your few minions could do is criticize, criticize, and criticize.
Try behaving like that at every Village meeting and see how quickly people will become sick of your sad and politically sadistic behavior.
Bruce, your questions were more respectful and not as critical. I think you want to make this village work. Maybe, you should distance yourself from Maura's belligerent and negative behavior now that the election is over.
and yet she received the most votes. sorry pal, no one is buying your 'the sky is falling' BS. she won, deal with it.
Kevin Blows

Shirley, NY

#8 Apr 8, 2014
Haha wrote:
<quoted text>so you vote yes to corruption, but no to books. If this isn't MB thinking, I don't know what is!
I am also voting no for the inflated library budget. This year I paid $800 in taxes to them and they can't go one year without demanding more money. Just say no!
yeah

Mastic Beach, NY

#9 Apr 8, 2014
Haha wrote:
<quoted text>so you vote yes to corruption, but no to books. If this isn't MB thinking, I don't know what is!
A YES vote for the library is a YES vote for corruption.
Vote No

Mastic, NY

#10 Apr 8, 2014
yeah wrote:
<quoted text>
A YES vote for the library is a YES vote for corruption.
Vote NO on the library budget. All they are is a free rental place for dvd's and electronic games and devices. Oh, and a social club.

As soon as Maura gives up trying to destroy the village, we'll put her on the library board. She can take a wack at destroying them.
Haha

East Moriches, NY

#11 Apr 8, 2014
You're all a bunch of illiterates. Go to the library and get a book. It's that thing with pages in it with words all of them.
yeah

Mastic Beach, NY

#12 Apr 8, 2014
Haha wrote:
You're all a bunch of illiterates. Go to the library and get a book. It's that thing with pages in it with words all of them.
With Kindle and the net, books are obsolete, or haven't you noticed. The library has become a social center. Arts and crafts, teach English to people from other countries, cooking stuff, play time for the kiddies, that 's what we're paying for. Not all of us are illiterate, fool.

Location hidden

#13 Apr 8, 2014
yeah wrote:
<quoted text>
With Kindle and the net, books are obsolete, or haven't you noticed. The library has become a social center. Arts and crafts, teach English to people from other countries, cooking stuff, play time for the kiddies, that 's what we're paying for. Not all of us are illiterate, fool.
and I can read a tax bill...$800 a year for the library, Yikes! Vote No!

It's kind of interesting, people vote yes for the school and library every year, even though they are constantly raising taxes. But the village, which charges about $200 a year and a Fee for garbage removal, gets reemed every day by some who think a zero increase is too much.
ha ha ha

Mastic Beach, NY

#14 Apr 8, 2014
Really Brady wrote:
<quoted text>Dissolve the village court....are you aware the village court has been successful in enforcing code violation fines? Do you really think MBV would have been able to bring so many rentals up to code without the court? Do you know MBV gets a piece of every vehicle and traffic ticket written by SCPD? And finally, to the argument that the court is supposed to MAKE MONEY...that's not the courts mission. Instead, it is the mission of the court to be cost effective while enforcing VMB codes. If it happens to be profitable, that's a bonus.
i agree that the village court should be dissolved because we are paying close to half a million dollars between code enforcement and court fees to make a little over 125,000.00. if we were to send our code violations to the patchogue housing court, we would be able to get a share of the fines and none of the costs associated with the court. this would be a win for the residents of mastic beach.
ha ha ha

Mastic Beach, NY

#15 Apr 8, 2014
Really Brady wrote:
<quoted text>and I can read a tax bill...$800 a year for the library, Yikes! Vote No!
It's kind of interesting, people vote yes for the school and library every year, even though they are constantly raising taxes. But the village, which charges about $200 a year and a Fee for garbage removal, gets reemed every day by some who think a zero increase is too much.
the village has been slowly eroding due to lack of services and lack of foresight. streets are a mess.(because we are not spending any money on them) we get alot less services for the same money. that is not keeping taxes neutral. can you honestly say that the village is better than it used to be? nothing is taken care of at all. it looks like crap. now they want the civics to do all of the beautification again. we are getting much less for our money; and soon, we will pay the piper to fix our roads that are a mess due to lack of upkeep.
Haha

East Moriches, NY

#16 Apr 8, 2014
Thank you all who voted YES to the library. Without community centers like the library, we get ignorant, destructive adults. Like Babs here.
The library has amazing programs for kids and is one of the best library's on LI.
Haha

East Moriches, NY

#17 Apr 8, 2014
ha ha ha wrote:
<quoted text>i agree that the village court should be dissolved because we are paying close to half a million dollars between code enforcement and court fees to make a little over 125,000.00. if we were to send our code violations to the patchogue housing court, we would be able to get a share of the fines and none of the costs associated with the court. this would be a win for the residents of mastic beach.
that makes sense. They village will never go for it.

Location hidden

#18 Apr 9, 2014
Haha wrote:
Thank you all who voted YES to the library. Without community centers like the library, we get ignorant, destructive adults. Like Babs here.
The library has amazing programs for kids and is one of the best library's on LI.
Unbelievable....out of almost 20,000 registered voters only 370 people showed up.

This poster seems to think that because I dared exclaim my position that I was voting NO for the library budget increase that I am ignorant. A no vote sends a message that the taxpayers are not happy with their budget, it does not close down the library.

Anyway, the library budget passed, so now I will need to ask my boss for a raise. Oh hell, who am I kidding, I'll just put more hours on my work sheet.
They Have Begun

Mastic, NY

#19 Apr 10, 2014
Maura is planning on dissolving the Village. She is going to try convincing people that it will cost thousands more to have our village. Her and her friends have already started.
Why

East Moriches, NY

#20 Apr 10, 2014
They Have Begun wrote:
Maura is planning on dissolving the Village. She is going to try convincing people that it will cost thousands more to have our village. Her and her friends have already started.
what a bunch of bull. I'll give you this... At least you waited more than a day after she was sworn in as a trustee to start with the "Maura is going to ruin MBV" crap. Bravo.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Moriches Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Take those political signs down on slum Lord Sm... 1 hr Hahaha 7
snow plowing sucked 8 hr Bruce supports Bl... 111
Yaphank Jail (Aug '12) Feb 9 Jeff Staford 45
Why are Italian men so short? (Jul '11) Feb 6 italians have tin... 56
News 12 Arrested in Massage Parlor Crackdown in Patc... Feb 6 Dantheman 3
Dans Horse dead farm (Aug '13) Feb 6 Dantheman 461
News Mastic Beach Village delays public hearing on e... Feb 4 Evan Poliico 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Moriches Mortgages