Storm wallops LI roads, causing spin ...

Storm wallops LI roads, causing spin outs and stalls

There are 7 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 5, 2018, titled Storm wallops LI roads, causing spin outs and stalls. In it, Newsday reports that:

Though officials implored motorists to stay off roadways, Nassau police had recorded 69 auto accidents and Suffolk police had 82 by 4 p.m. A man helps push a car stuck in the snow on Stewart Avenue during the storm on Thursday, Jan. 4, 2018 in Garden City. Photo Credit: Howard Schnapp The winter storm walloped Long Island highways and thoroughfares, turning speedy roadways to a crawl, with some drivers spinning out and stalling in snowbank on Thursday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Kevin

Huntington Station, NY

#1 Jan 6, 2018
Every snow storm the same nonsense goes on, people think they have the right to drive when and where they want, they usually do have that right, BUT let common sense prevail. DONT go sight seeing, Don't park in the street, DONT go driving especially in 2 wheel drive low profile cars with bald tires, DONT go out if you are elderly, ill, under dressed for the weather Don't put your garbage cans out or try to block the snow plows from the end of your driveway. If you are in need of emergency services call for help there's wonderful trained people, booth volunteer and paid that need the roads. AND don't leave your pets outside for too long. Snow plow operators are driving a plow, it pushes snow, Don't ask them to move snow to suit your selfish needs, its a plow not a tractor. Don't ask plow operators and emergency workers to push or dig your car out of the snow, you should have stayed home, they don't need to get injured as they have to be able to respond and help in real emergencies, like fires, water main breaks, roof collapse, car accidents and medical emergencies. DONT BE SELFISH, STAY HOME get bread & milk tomorrow.
Badtothebone

Clarksburg, NJ

#2 Jan 6, 2018
I have a 1986 pick up with 4 wheel drive and all I can say is "Look the F out Mastoids".
state this

Bohemia, NY

#3 Jan 9, 2018
Islip Supervisor Angie Carpenter called for a state of emergency, so she could collect some FEMA money??? It's a good laugh to see how a little snow causes havoc. Snow is GREAT learn to live with it. Visiting from Thunder Bay, CANADA.
Kevin

Huntington Station, NY

#4 Jan 10, 2018
state this wrote:
Islip Supervisor Angie Carpenter called for a state of emergency, so she could collect some FEMA money??? It's a good laugh to see how a little snow causes havoc. Snow is GREAT learn to live with it. Visiting from Thunder Bay, CANADA.
Good or bad, theres nothing wrong with getting back some of the excessive money that we pay the feds.

“Positively Riveting”

Since: Jan 08

We can do it better

#5 Jan 10, 2018
Kevin wrote:
<quoted text>
Good or bad, theres nothing wrong with getting back some of the excessive money that we pay the feds.
Good point! Also for the income taxes you pay, grab everything you can get free from those who govern you and don't let anyone disparage you for doing so. If you can get a dollar back in goods or services, that's one dollar less off your tax burden.
Brian R

New York, NY

#6 Jan 10, 2018
My lawn got tore up.. plow drivers ugh

“Positively Riveting”

Since: Jan 08

We can do it better

#7 Jan 10, 2018
Brian R wrote:
My lawn got tore up.. plow drivers ugh
Make them fix it in the spring.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Moriches Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brookhaven Town Landfill Dump (Mar '11) Nov 6 Evil Politico 33
Does anyone remember.......... (Jan '11) Oct 31 hey 81
Russel Stewart resigns in disgrace Oct 25 Reddevil95 1
News Moriches Man Charged With Home Improvement Scam (Feb '11) Oct 23 lavon affair 22
News Mastic Beach Man Arrested For Stealing Car Part... (Feb '11) Oct '18 Steve 36
News Opal Construction sues Town of Babylon over app... Oct '18 Justice12 2
News SCPD Video: Woman, Upset About Price, Dumps Ice... Sep '18 WhoDiss 1

Moriches Jobs

Personal Finance

Moriches Mortgages