Village vote outcome
wake up

White Plains, NY

#62 Mar 22, 2012
colmn a or b yes- i dont want the same mess as mastic beach more government more stupid rules with higher taxes and same results -washington can't get their act together -you think your village can? lots of luck
USA hockey

East Moriches, NY

#63 Mar 22, 2012
wake up wrote:
colmn a or b yes- i dont want the same mess as mastic beach more government more stupid rules with higher taxes and same results -washington can't get their act together -you think your village can? lots of luck
Well its about time somebody sees the big goverment idea,smaller is better,its all about control and MONEY.Take advantage of a crisis and you will have both.Just look at Obama thats what he lives by,his buddy Rahm Emanuel showed him that,"never let a crisis go to waste" thats his #1 rule. The agenda here is scare tactics and saying how they will make things better,e.g.sec8 slum lords,sex offenders etc,etc,and what did they do? Go after the honest clean people,permits for a garage sale ,Gary and zoning girls,cellphone tower attempt. You hit right on the head.
Column A or B

East Moriches, NY

#64 Mar 22, 2012
USA hockey wrote:
<quoted text>Well its about time somebody sees the big goverment idea,smaller is better,its all about control and MONEY.Take advantage of a crisis and you will have both.Just look at Obama thats what he lives by,his buddy Rahm Emanuel showed him that,"never let a crisis go to waste" thats his #1 rule. The agenda here is scare tactics and saying how they will make things better,e.g.sec8 slum lords,sex offenders etc,etc,and what did they do? Go after the honest clean people,permits for a garage sale ,Gary and zoning girls,cellphone tower attempt. You hit right on the head.
There is a permit requirement so some people will not stage every F'ing week end yard sales. I do not agree that you need to submit to an inspection of your house. That part of the code needs to be amended pronto. It is a constitutional issue, unreasonable search, for which the village will wind up in court by the ACLU.

I'll bite...what is a zoning girl?
NICE

East Moriches, NY

#65 Mar 22, 2012
Column A or B wrote:
<quoted text>Did you notice you are the one who is writing negative posts. Most people are satisfied with the election results, and that includes me. Anybody could judge your post and if that bothers you, don't post.
Hey, I AGREED with YOU! It IS great that we have Carol and Gail now. And for that I was judged clueless and wrong. Forgive me if I agree with you. Sorry, it will never happen again.
And yes, it does appear that the Vision Team AND the PCCA were upset with the out come to the election. Which is understandable because they DO get upset VERY easily!! IF that upsets you Brady, then by all means "judge" me clueless!
NICE

East Moriches, NY

#66 Mar 22, 2012
wake up wrote:
carol was fired from her job-and you guys like that choice and the crook towel - well wait for that june tax bill its going up up up - i know you don't think so-but nothing comes free and you will never change mastic beach - go ahead bash me you'll see im right- thank god shirley woke up
Carol has NOTHING to do with the tax bill coming in June. THAT set of taxes was already determined by our previous VISION TEAM members.
Column A or B

East Moriches, NY

#67 Mar 22, 2012
NICE wrote:
<quoted text>Hey, I AGREED with YOU! It IS great that we have Carol and Gail now. And for that I was judged clueless and wrong. Forgive me if I agree with you. Sorry, it will never happen again.
And yes, it does appear that the Vision Team AND the PCCA were upset with the out come to the election. Which is understandable because they DO get upset VERY easily!! IF that upsets you Brady, then by all means "judge" me clueless!
Why did you assume it was me...I didn't do it. If I disagreed (rarely), I will post my counter argument. I have no beef with you.

Since: Apr 09

Shirley, NY

#68 Mar 22, 2012
Column A or B wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you care about MBV trying to improve itself? Are you worried that some of our ills will move your way?
Some of our ills come from Shirley. Thats where they found my truck when it was stolen. Someone needed a ride home.
rentals

Mastic, NY

#69 Mar 22, 2012
Column A or B wrote:
<quoted text>There is a permit requirement so some people will not stage every F'ing week end yard sales. I do not agree that you need to submit to an inspection of your house. That part of the code needs to be amended pronto. It is a constitutional issue, unreasonable search, for which the village will wind up in court by the ACLU.
I'll bite...what is a zoning girl?
Wrong. The inspection will be for smoke detector and illegal subdivisions only. The application for permit means the landlord agrees to let the village inspect for those 2 limited things only.
The current village policy is to "grandfather" all Brookhaven rental permits with no inspection. This is wrong. Every house with a grandfathered rental pernit should be inspected. For the tenants protection as well as firefighters who could get trapped in a fire.
Brave MBV Code Enforcer

Bronx, NY

#70 Mar 22, 2012
Although if anything is in plain view I will lock up the Mastoid.
Column A or B

East Moriches, NY

#71 Mar 22, 2012
rentals wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. The inspection will be for smoke detector and illegal subdivisions only. The application for permit means the landlord agrees to let the village inspect for those 2 limited things only.
The current village policy is to "grandfather" all Brookhaven rental permits with no inspection. This is wrong. Every house with a grandfathered rental pernit should be inspected. For the tenants protection as well as firefighters who could get trapped in a fire.
We are talking about two different subjects. I was addressing the right to inspect in order to hold a garage sale.

You are talking about rental permit inspections.

I think it is an unreasonable search to go into my house for any reason without probable cause. And, applying for a garage sale permit is not probable cause.

I also do not think any Brookhaven issued rental permits need an inspection UNTIL they are up for renewal. The landlord met the current town requirements at the time and in my opinion that's enough.
rentals

Mastic, NY

#72 Mar 22, 2012
Column A or B wrote:
<quoted text>We are talking about two different subjects. I was addressing the right to inspect in order to hold a garage sale.
You are talking about rental permit inspections.
I think it is an unreasonable search to go into my house for any reason without probable cause. And, applying for a garage sale permit is not probable cause.
I also do not think any Brookhaven issued rental permits need an inspection UNTIL they are up for renewal. The landlord met the current town requirements at the time and in my opinion that's enough.
OK. I agree a garage sale has nothing at all to do with a village inspection. You are correct. The rental inspection I disagree with. If a landlord wants to do business in the village, we should do a rental inspection for a small fee. This way the smoke detectors work and the house is not illegally subdivided.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#73 Mar 22, 2012
NICE wrote:
<quoted text>Carol has NOTHING to do with the tax bill coming in June. THAT set of taxes was already determined by our previous VISION TEAM members.
When did they have the budget hearings for the next bill? I didn't see a notices about budget hearings!!! Did I miss something? I know there has been talk of people wanting things but has it been done? They have to have hearings on the budget before they adopt it. They don't have to listen to us and what we want but they have to keep us in the loop. How much is our bill going up?
Brave MBV Code Enforcer

Bronx, NY

#74 Mar 22, 2012
Go ahead punk,have a garage sale.Make my day.

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#75 Mar 17, 2014
far out man wrote:
How crazy is that if Gail got the MOST votes? Good for her. Man that will piss of Zany, Frank and all the other racist, woman hating red neck around here.
I'm glad she won and I'm glad Alan was so close. Maybe he will try again next year. I'd vote for him again.
Funny how all the folks who thought that Gail would be their anti-village flag bearer. Turns out, she did a find job and found the ones who were lying were the MBPOA naysayers. Now, 2 years later...the same lies are being spread by the same few.

And wish good luck to Bob, Gail, Frank and Paul. I know how quickly you will drop your vote for Maura (slum landlord millionaire) and Bruce (I picked a criminal running mate).
ha ha ha

Bronx, NY

#76 Mar 17, 2014
wow, maura is a millioniaire? i'll be sure to let her know. Again with the MBPOA? get a new rant. we are all tired of this one.
We are tired of the lies too. The lie that the village would cause our home prices to increase. All over Long Island, home prices have been steadily increasing for the last year. Our prices have continued to decrease. Maybe if the village would concentrate on it's problems instead of spending so much time trying to make us believe their lies, we would be getting somewhere. Maybe if the village put as much energy into getting rid of drug dealers as they do slamming the MBPOA, they would not have so many people who hate them. I always thought that it was split pretty equally as to who liked/hated the village. Well, I was wrong. The more people I speak to, the more I find that they are fed up with being fined and ticketed while drug dealers are allowed to continue their trade on our streets and in our village. The village is fining people right out of Mastic Beach. Why don't you complain about these problems instead of bashing a civic association ?
Bruce and Maura

Stamford, CT

#77 Mar 17, 2014
ha ha ha wrote:
wow, maura is a millioniaire? i'll be sure to let her know. Again with the MBPOA? get a new rant. we are all tired of this one.
We are tired of the lies too. The lie that the village would cause our home prices to increase. All over Long Island, home prices have been steadily increasing for the last year. Our prices have continued to decrease. Maybe if the village would concentrate on it's problems instead of spending so much time trying to make us believe their lies, we would be getting somewhere. Maybe if the village put as much energy into getting rid of drug dealers as they do slamming the MBPOA, they would not have so many people who hate them. I always thought that it was split pretty equally as to who liked/hated the village. Well, I was wrong. The more people I speak to, the more I find that they are fed up with being fined and ticketed while drug dealers are allowed to continue their trade on our streets and in our village. The village is fining people right out of Mastic Beach. Why don't you complain about these problems instead of bashing a civic association ?
why? It's simple. The village wasn't formed to fix our problems. The village was formed to destroy the MBPOA. And you can't form a government founded on lies and petty grudges.
hoodo

Center Moriches, NY

#79 Mar 23, 2014
So correct you are.
Obama is GOD

Durham, NC

#80 Mar 26, 2014
Shirley and Mastic Beach is simply all White Trash Pleas stay on the sout shore we do not want your kind here in Miller Place
hoodo

Center Moriches, NY

#81 Mar 26, 2014
Hay dumb ass we live on the Bay a bridge away from the Ocean The North Shore is rock and pebble mine field. So you stay on the north Shore and keep you ass of our beautiful soft sand south shore beaches. And South is not spelled sout , Do they not have schools yet on the North Shore.
Troll

East Moriches, NY

#82 Mar 26, 2014
Obama is GOD wrote:
Shirley and Mastic Beach is simply all White Trash Pleas stay on the sout shore we do not want your kind here in Miller Place
You want to start trouble here but you better watch out for hillbillies and moonshiners wif no tef.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Moriches Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Southampton Town Police reports (Feb '09) 14 hr SH Brokerage 4
horse boarding (Jan '13) Nov 15 Thomas k 65
Murder In Bonnieville Nov 14 whodunit 1
Vick Zeelany Nov 13 Nick_The_Dick 3
News Police report drugs in raid at Bellport home (Dec '07) Nov 9 willywonka 104
How to piss off that rag Newsday (Aug '14) Nov 4 Sal 30
News Murdocco: Long Island faces big challenges as A... Nov 1 FEELTHEBERN 8

Moriches Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Moriches Mortgages