|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Brady wrote:
<quoted text>All I said was If you knew it was a mistake, you should have pointed it out. But, since the error was in your favor, you kept the change.
So, tomorrow you guys get your shed permit? Really..
who was i supposed to point this error out to? albany? the state deparment? the village? this letter was sent months before anyone knew about it except for village officials. and, by the way the spelling and grammar in this letter are an embarrassment to the residents of this community. i think that if someone who represents the village sends a letter to the state, it should be vetted for content and spelling. it is not my responsibility to do these things. after all mastic beach village is a government, not a civic group. they are being paid by our tax dollars to do a job for the residents of mastic beach. they should not need outside help to do something as simple as write a business letter. shame on the village for allowing this letter to go to our state officials.
fool me once

Shirley, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

OMG wrote:
<quoted text>
Only reason you are seeing more rentals is because they are being made legal. The MBVEC never promised to get rid of rental or sections 8 only to make sure the abesentee landlords bought the property up to code. You can't tell someone they can't rent theire property out BUT you can tell them they have to keep it up to code.Even Section 8 and renters have the right to live in a safe house.
actually, they did promise that we would have less rentals. we were told that the magical name village would send all landlords packing because they would get hefty fines for all infractions and be held accountable for their tenants actions. quite the opposite has occurred. homeowners are getting the bulk of the fines and code violations, and the landlords are getting away with everything as usual. when i complained to the village recently about a house with multiple problems (fights, loud music, too many tenants, drug use, pitbulls etc) i was told that the tenants have rights and they could not do anything about it.

the mbvec lied to get their village and now we are stuck with it.
Brady

Moriches, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

fool me once wrote:
<quoted text>actually, they did promise that we would have less rentals. we were told that the magical name village would send all landlords packing because they would get hefty fines for all infractions and be held accountable for their tenants actions. quite the opposite has occurred. homeowners are getting the bulk of the fines and code violations, and the landlords are getting away with everything as usual. when i complained to the village recently about a house with multiple problems (fights, loud music, too many tenants, drug use, pitbulls etc) i was told that the tenants have rights and they could not do anything about it.
the mbvec lied to get their village and now we are stuck with it.
Gee, you could always dissolve it. But seriously, the same argument is being made...that there are more rentals, not true . There are more legal rentals. I have been to the code court, and homeowners are not the majority of the fine recipients. Many get a warning and fix it before the fine is needed. I would bet MBV has more rental permits than Shirley, Mastic, and Moriches combined. That is due to code enforcement.

Post the address of the house for which you said the village was noticed and told you tenants have rights, you have rights too!

Since: May 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Brady wrote:
village was noticed and told you tenants have rights, you have rights too!
106 Cranberry
Brady

Moriches, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Deputy_Mayor_McCheese wrote:
<quoted text>106 Cranberry
Who asked you. We were discussing a problem rental, what are you talking about?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Brady wrote:
<quoted text>Who asked you.
Nobody asked me, I am exercising my first amendment right to freedom of speech and expression.

Brady wrote:
<quoted text>We were discussing a problem rental, what are you talking about?
106 Cranberry is a scummy rental property.
Brady

Moriches, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Nobody asked me, I am exercising my first amendment right to freedom of speech and expression.
<quoted text>106 Cranberry is a scummy rental property.
it is vacant.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Brady wrote:
<quoted text>it is vacant.
that isnt an excuse for the owner not to clean up his rat hole.
Haha

Moriches, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Brady wrote:
<quoted text>All I said was If you knew it was a mistake, you should have pointed it out. But, since the error was in your favor, you kept the change.
So, tomorrow you guys get your shed permit? Really..
how did your MBPOA candidate nominations go? Did you nominate all your buddies?
Haha

Moriches, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Brady wrote:
<quoted text>it is vacant.
and that's better? A crapy vacant home? Really brings up home values.
Brady

Moriches, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>whie re-assessing marinas, maybe they can also take a look at the one located at 2 Floral CT.
That property is already one of the highest assessed properties in MBV, you can look it up.

I no longer advocate the MBPOA keeping the marinas and clubhouse. I have made an informed decision that based on a literal interpretation of the original DEED, which was SIGNED AGREED by the MBPOA, the property must be transferred.
fool me once

White Plains, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

i was wondering how it is that the village wants to buy the nutrition center? do you really think it's work over 500K? why not buy the associated instead. it is a free standing building with parking. It is probably less money. Either way, where is my open and transparent government? why are we not being kept informed? i thought that was the purpose of the village. what will happen to the other building where village hall is currently?

i, for one don't want my tax dollars wasted without cause.
Informed

Moriches, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

fool me once wrote:
i was wondering how it is that the village wants to buy the nutrition center? do you really think it's work over 500K? why not buy the associated instead. it is a free standing building with parking. It is probably less money. Either way, where is my open and transparent government? why are we not being kept informed? i thought that was the purpose of the village. what will happen to the other building where village hall is currently?
The Associated building will not support a second or third floor which the village will need to be able to see the marina from Neighborhood Rd. Associated will be annexed next.
blablabla

Moriches, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

yes, yes he is that stupid.

580 grand to buy one building on neighborhood rd? The TOB knows a sucker when they see one! This village is run by idiots. Make sure you hire Kruse to improperly rewire it!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

Informed wrote:
<quoted text>The Associated building will not support a second or third floor which the village will need to be able to see the marina from Neighborhood Rd. Associated will be annexed next.
they could also build a mobile phone tower and climb to the top and see the marina from there.
OMG

Moriches, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

fool me once wrote:
Have you been in the Associated building lately?. It is loaded with mold and mildew.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

fool me once wrote:
i was wondering how it is that the village wants to buy the nutrition center? do you really think it's work over 500K? why not buy the associated instead.
Maybe they wont buy it because it isnt owned by a member of the

Friends
Alliance of
Gary
Stiriz
fool me once

White Plains, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

OMG wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you been in the Associated building lately?. It is loaded with mold and mildew.
why would i have been inside of a closed and boarded up building? are you in the habit of breaking and entering?(that's a joke, no need for dumb comments) i simply stated that the building is large and has a parking lot. also, the nutrition center needs total renovation. over 500 grand for that seems excessive.
OMG

Moriches, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

fool me once wrote:
<quoted text>why would i have been inside of a closed and boarded up building? are you in the habit of breaking and entering?(that's a joke, no need for dumb comments) i simply stated that the building is large and has a parking lot. also, the nutrition center needs total renovation. over 500 grand for that seems excessive.
No haven't been in building but have a friend whose business was interested in it. As I said before I was told it is loaded with mold and mildew. That is one of the reasons it is still empty. Hw looked into the cost of making habitable and it would be close to $300,000 so that and the fact he wanted almost 1 million at the time.......it sits empty.
ask Gary

Moriches, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

OMG wrote:
<quoted text>
No haven't been in building but have a friend whose business was interested in it. As I said before I was told it is loaded with mold and mildew. That is one of the reasons it is still empty. Hw looked into the cost of making habitable and it would be close to $300,000 so that and the fact he wanted almost 1 million at the time.......it sits empty.
Maybe if we became a village people would flock to rent it out! Oh wait, never mind.....that wont work.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Moriches News Video

•••
•••

Moriches Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Moriches People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE