White Plains, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2013

Judged:

I got an email from the village today announcing that they have purchased the nutrition center. They did not have any public meetings. They did not ask for resident's input. They bought it with OUR money and did not care about OUR opinion. This is not what I was promised. I was promised that I would have a say in the local government when we became a village. This is not the way they sold us a village.
LOL

Shirley, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2013

Judged:

cranberry resident wrote:
I got an email from the village today announcing that they have purchased the nutrition center. They did not have any public meetings. They did not ask for resident's input. They bought it with OUR money and did not care about OUR opinion. This is not what I was promised. I was promised that I would have a say in the local government when we became a village. This is not the way they sold us a village.
TOB smelled a sucker and dumped it on us. Noticed they didnt say how much it was! They spent over 500,000 dollars(original budget to the village)and it still needs to be fixed!
MBLover

Norwalk, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2013

Judged:

What is going to happen to the senior citizens who meet there and don't they also get meals there?
masticbater

White Plains, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2013

Judged:

Gary will brestfeed them with his ample man boobs
fool me once

White Plains, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2013

Judged:

i was floored to read that they made a half million dollar purchase without public hearings. this is unconscionable. i guess that the village is too involved with other things to bother to inform the homeowners or ask their opinion. it is the power of 5 at work. i am not sure if i would have been for or against the purchase, but i think i should have been given the opportunity to have an opinion. this is not the open and transparent government we were told that mastic beach would be.
cranberry resident

White Plains, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2013

Judged:

i wish i could come to tonight's meeting and see how the public feels about this purchase; but i have another commitment.
schedule

Manorville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2013

Judged:

cranberry resident wrote:
i wish i could come to tonight's meeting and see how the public feels about this purchase; but i have another commitment.
I see you keep the same schedule as Brady.
If you don't like what your elected representatives are doing, why not run yourself so we don't have to endure the constant whining.
500k is a good price, and this is just the beginning. Yes the taxes will have to go up. Some will have to sell their houses and not rent them anymore because higher taxes will take the profit out of being an absentee landlord. I say keep spending.
Brady

Moriches, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2013

Judged:

schedule wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't like what your elected representatives are doing, why not run yourself so we don't have to endure the constant whining.
500k is a good price, and this is just the beginning. Yes the taxes will have to go up. Some will have to sell their houses and not rent them anymore because higher taxes will take the profit out of being an absentee landlord. I say keep spending.
I couldn't go to tonight's meeting either. What I would ask is how much will the second and third floors cost?
victor zeleny

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2013

Judged:

At most 20 $ ayear increased, pick up an empty can a day .WOW your taxes went down $185 a yr. For the last 3 yrs it now will be they went down 165 $ a yr
raise em

Manorville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2013

Judged:

schedule wrote:
<quoted text>
Yessiree! And we will finally start to get somewhere.
yes

Manorville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2013

Judged:

MBLover wrote:
What is going to happen to the senior citizens who meet there and don't they also get meals there?
they'll be fed at the mbpoa clubhouse.
yes

Manorville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2013

Judged:

fool me once wrote:
i was floored to read that they made a half million dollar purchase without public hearings. this is unconscionable. i guess that the village is too involved with other things to bother to inform the homeowners or ask their opinion. it is the power of 5 at work. i am not sure if i would have been for or against the purchase, but i think i should have been given the opportunity to have an opinion. this is not the open and transparent government we were told that mastic beach would be.
Not everything is subject to your personal approval. I think they made a good decision.
its falling apart

White Plains, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2013

Judged:

Time to dissolve!
Brady

Moriches, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2013

Judged:

its falling apart wrote:
Time to dissolve!
Where have I heard this before?
Black Brady

Farmingdale, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2013

Judged:

masticbater wrote:
Gary will brestfeed them with his ample man boobs
Do he has a Magina too?
Duhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhh

Shirley, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2013

Judged:

victor zeleny wrote:
At most 20 $ ayear increased, pick up an empty can a day .WOW your taxes went down $185 a yr. For the last 3 yrs it now will be they went down 165 $ a yr
Please, speak ENGLISH!
I can't believe you work for the village and you speak like this. Is English your first or seventh language?

Since: Dec 07

Mastic Beach N.Y.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2013

Judged:

I saw quite a bit of public input tonight, mostly positive.We all see the positive impact this will have not only for Village operations, but for our mainstreet as well.
VILLAGE IDIOTS

Saint James, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

Duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh wrote:
<quoted text>Please, speak ENGLISH!
I can't believe you work for the village and you speak like this. Is English your first or seventh language?
He doesnt work for the village numbnuts. He sub contracts , he is NOT an employee. Get your facts straight.
fool me once

White Plains, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

victor zeleny wrote:
this quote was based on If they get a 4% rate and IF they have an A bond rating. alot of if's don't you think? and I am not against the purchase per se, but the lack of public comment BEFORE this decision was made. I do not like the amount of power that the village has over my life.
Screwball from hell

Southbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

We need a leader like Honest Frank to stop this sort of nonsense and clean out the stable.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 13
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Moriches Discussions

Search the Moriches Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Really Brady 2 hr Question 3
Seafest sucks,again 3 hr hoodo 33
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 18 hr Lumpy Churchhill 6,372
Frasco/Fukarino lose again 22 hr Incompetence 5
theresa (terry) locaso ... i need help locating... (Feb '13) Wed Greg 2
MBV to Honor Evan Politico (Dec '13) Tue Evan Politico 37
NY Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in N... (Oct '10) Tue Gravity Pete 670
•••
•••

Moriches News Video

•••
•••

Moriches Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Moriches People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE