fool me once

Dobbs Ferry, NY

#62 Mar 9, 2013
newsflash, the signs that are going up in the village (the unreadable signs) are being made by a company belonging to ... guess who? Mr. Stiritz. that's screwed up
Slow Down

Shirley, NY

#63 Mar 9, 2013
Brady wrote:
<quoted text>Taxes were paid. Next.
Next would be were they paid as a commercial tax on a marina that is zoned J2? If so then what about what appears to be the illegal apartment that he is living in with his wife above the marina? Why you so quick to gloss over this?
Brady

Moriches, NY

#64 Mar 10, 2013
Slow Down wrote:
<quoted text>
Next would be were they paid as a commercial tax on a marina that is zoned J2? If so then what about what appears to be the illegal apartment that he is living in with his wife above the marina? Why you so quick to gloss over this?
he may have to if the damn sand dunes don't get replenished.
Baby Brady

Mastic Beach, NY

#65 Mar 10, 2013
Brady wrote:
<quoted text>he may have to if the damn sand dunes don't get replenished.
hopefully he pays his taxes before that. Question.... Why isn't the village going after his illegal apartment? I thought we became a village to get rid of illegal apartments?
pay taxes

Center Moriches, NY

#66 Mar 10, 2013
i saw Gary moving over to carols today. He said he was going to move in to help her pay her taxes on time.
Pariah

Hicksville, NY

#67 Mar 10, 2013
Only the little Mastoids pay taxes
OMG

Mastic Beach, NY

#68 Mar 14, 2013
It Takes a Village wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you mean when you say "they are not my government or trustees"?
The MBPOA is not my government and the members are not trustees working for the village making up laws that will change my life.
They don't tell me what to do nor do they fine me when I don't do something.
I am not a member of the MBPOA ,and was a supporter of the village so we could clean up around here and help the people who needed help do the same.
I am not at all happy with the way this village turned out and not happy with how they try to change laws without the public knowing.
If they post a wrong thing or a wrong date somewhere, then the village lawyer should not act like its a small thing, that's why he is being paid to make it sure everything is right.
They claim to be saving us money on our taxes but we are getting a lot less back for the buck we do pay.
When those people and that guy Bruce Summa asked the board some questions the mayor got a bug up his ass and went after them, almost blaming them for asking these questions,I though the board works for us?
One thing I found out was someone said that Gary Stiriz lost everything in the storm but was back in his house ,with it repaired within a few weeks.
I also found out that Bruce is still out of his house trying to get it repaired. When Summa asked the village administer for specifics, the Administrator was clueless about his job and seemed to flounder.
But what made me see the light was when the guy from last year,Alan, who ran with Gail, got up and said that these people are not professorial, and are doing the best they can, then I knew why we are in trouble. we need better.
Carol is the only one who seems to know the job and they don't seem to like that too much.
We need people in there who know what they are doing and stop wasting our time and money. Not anything has gotten better around here in three years.
At the meeting last week on the Smittys site, I saw a lot of people against it, as was I, but I did see some people for it, who you ask, The Greater Village of Mastic Beach Chamber of Commerce, of which I found out that Gary Stirz is on the board.
So if you have a problem with the MBPOA taxes go ask the village,they are the ones who are suppose to be working for us,and after this next election with hopefully some change, then maybe we will have a village working for us and not themselves.
Carol and Bruce No No No

Mastic, NY

#69 Mar 15, 2013
OMG wrote:
<quoted text>
So if you have a problem with the MBPOA taxes go ask the village,they are the ones who are suppose to be working for us,and after this next election with hopefully some change, then maybe we will have a village working for us and not themselves.
Carol is a career politician who has failed at every position she has held. She owes her political cronies all kinds of favors from the past. Bruce is running with her and they both have ties to Fred Towle, who is a convicted felon that Carol wanted to hire at $3,000 per month as soon as she was sworn into office as a trustee.

Carol and Bruce will never be in favor of the village. They are more worried about themselves and Carol has already proven she is not willing to put the time in as a trustee that is necessary to do the job right. She is all talk and no action.

She was the architect of the Article 78 and never wanted a village. She wanted to try and get her little community removed from the village and failed at that, too.

She and her husband both work for the county in public sector jobs, but she paid her VILLAGE TAXES months late - two times in a row!

There is no excuse for a sitting village trustee to have paid her taxes late. They should make it a reason for removing a trustee from office.

The other trustees care about this village and work their butts off to make this community better.

Vote Row B for Bill, Gary and Nick.
Jessie Rays

Kuwait, Kuwait

#70 Mar 15, 2013
Carol and Bruce No No No wrote:
There is no excuse for a sitting village trustee to have paid her taxes late.
As Dick Brady would say..."taxes paid, next"

Still havent seen an excuse yet why taxes havent shown up as paid on the official MBV website for 2 Floral Ct. the address for Garys Marina.
Taxes

Shirley, NY

#71 Mar 15, 2013
<quoted text>
Carol is a career politician who has failed at every position she has held. She owes her political cronies all kinds of favors from the past. Bruce is running with her and they both have ties to Fred Towle, who is a convicted felon that Carol wanted to hire at $3,000 per month as soon as she was sworn into office as a trustee.
Carol and Bruce will never be in favor of the village. They are more worried about themselves and Carol has already proven she is not willing to put the time in as a trustee that is necessary to do the job right. She is all talk and no action.
She was the architect of the Article 78 and never wanted a village. She wanted to try and get her little community removed from the village and failed at that, too.
She and her husband both work for the county in public sector jobs, but she paid her VILLAGE TAXES months late - two times in a row!
There is no excuse for a sitting village trustee to have paid her taxes late. They should make it a reason for removing a trustee from office.
The other trustees care about this village and work their butts off to make this community better.
Glad that you mentioned taxes - please explain how Stiriz Marina pays $12 per lot where he is storing boats. This is not vacant land and should be taxed accordingly. Also Mr. Stiriz's properties were all under water. Did he get a building permit for 2 Floral Court? Did he get a building permit for 7 Floral Court? Was the work done by a licensed contractor? Did he get permits for all this work? Why does he have an apartment above his business? I though this was zoned J2 which does not allow for apartments? At least Carol paid the right amount of taxes. Why does Gary get away with paying less taxes? Maybe we should all be calling for a Forensic Accounting of the village books? Just to be safe that we are getting all the revenue we are supposed be getting, especially from all the commercial businesses.
Taxes

Shirley, NY

#72 Mar 15, 2013
PS - What is the story with the piece of crap house Gary bought at 106 Cranberry Drive? How many code enforcement tickets have they written on this house?
Deputy mayor G Stiritz

Mastic Beach, NY

#73 Mar 15, 2013
None! When will you all realize I DO WHAT I WANT, WHEN I WANT AND TO HE'LL WITH THE RESIDENTS!
This is MY village and I fine people, people don't fine ME!
Nice try

Shirley, NY

#74 Mar 15, 2013
<quoted text>
The Vision Team and Board hired Fred Towle before Carol ever came on board at $3,ooo.oo a monnth.
Bill appointed Carol because she had knowledge of how government works and could help. But doing this it made the people in the village realize that she was the only one who had the knowledge and this made the board look bad.
Stiriz could not do what he wanted without her questioning him,and when Gail got in she wanted the SS Press gone so her husband could do the news letter for the village.
Gary runs everything and the mayor is his puppet.
Tom Fox was going to run for trustee, but when Gary Stiriz found out,he gave Fox a village non pay job and started to push his PCCA buddy Nick Busa.
So it was Paul,Gary,Bill,Bob and Ken , the Vission Team,who brought in Towle and the SS Press and not Carol.
Wrong Again

Moriches, NY

#75 Mar 15, 2013
Nice try wrote:
<quoted text>The Vision Team and Board hired Fred Towle before Carol ever came on board at $3,ooo.oo a monnth.
Bill appointed Carol because she had knowledge of how government works and could help. But doing this it made the people in the village realize that she was the only one who had the knowledge and this made the board look bad.
Stiriz could not do what he wanted without her questioning him,and when Gail got in she wanted the SS Press gone so her husband could do the news letter for the village.
Tom Fox was going to run for trustee, but when Gary Stiriz found out,he gave Fox a village non pay job and started to push his PCCA buddy Nick Busa.
So it was Paul,Gary,Bill,Bob and Ken , the Vission Team,who brought in Towle and the SS Press and not Carol.
It was $1,500 per month, but Fred tried to demand more. He was brought in by Paul before the village was even voted on. Good riddance.
Bye Gary

Mastic Beach, NY

#76 Mar 15, 2013
Nice try wrote:
<quoted text>The Vision Team and Board hired Fred Towle before Carol ever came on board at $3,ooo.oo a monnth.
spot on! But facts have nothing to do with the way the employees will vote. When Gary goes, a lot of friends will lose the free ride. Why would the vision team think just because they were voted in once, they couldn't be voted out? Time for Gary's friends and family to leave our village.
Vote for a better MBV, not the same corrupt politics over and over.
106 Cranberry

Shirley, NY

#77 Mar 16, 2013
Taxes wrote:
PS - What is the story with the piece of crap house Gary bought at 106 Cranberry Drive? How many code enforcement tickets have they written on this house?
Went by 106 Cranberry Dr. today to see what everyone is talking about,what a mess.
Then I went on the village tax page and they have it being owned by Gary Stiriz and his wife as everybody has said.
And this is the guy who wants to clean up the Village and make life better for me,I don't think so.
He has been sitting on the board for two years telling us what a great job he is doing.
Go by and look at this house and tell me if this is what we want our Village to look like.
This is why we became a village because of things like this.
Remember this house when you vote, would you want Gary as a neighbor?
unreal

Shirley, NY

#78 Mar 17, 2013
Yes, we went by 106 today also and it is a dump, did Tim and code forget to inspect this one?
Also does someone have the link to photos so every one can see what this teams vision is of our village.
woodside willie

Brooklyn, NY

#79 Mar 17, 2013
The house WAS DAMAGED BY THE STORMWAITINGFOR MONEY LIKE EVERYONE ELSE NICE WAY TO TRY TO GET A VOTE
wrong again

Shirley, NY

#80 Mar 17, 2013
woodside willie wrote:
The house WAS DAMAGED BY THE STORMWAITINGFOR MONEY LIKE EVERYONE ELSE NICE WAY TO TRY TO GET A VOTE
Neighbors said it has been like this for over two years.
Is this just like Stiriz putting a claim in to the government for the street signs that blew away?
Oh that's right, they have been mission for years.
bad bad neighbor

New York, NY

#81 Mar 17, 2013
wrong again wrote:
<quoted text>Neighbors said it has been like this for over two years.
Is this just like Stiriz putting a claim in to the government for the street signs that blew away?
Oh that's right, they have been mission for years.
yeah, his neighbors had to replace the fence on their property because the ivy vines from his side destroyed their fence. That doesnt happen in a few months. And you can tell its been like that for years , not a few weeks. Also, the water didnt that high where he lives. And if it did, why isnt it being fixed? He only has until March 31 like the rest of us, right?

I heard his neighbors have constantly complained to village hall but surprise, surprise, nothing has been done!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Moriches Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dans Horse dead farm (Aug '13) 1 hr JAYTHEMAN 205
bruce likes banana and fudge 5 hr Sunshine 4
Meeting was a Joke 5 hr Oh Zany 28
Stupid tattoos on everyone in masic 23 hr Off Planet 8
Watch out for HonestFrank hes a creepy harassin... Sun Madison 7
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) Sep 12 Stan Stasiak 16,786
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) Sep 12 positronium 6,427
•••

Moriches News Video

•••
•••

Moriches Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Moriches People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE