Mastic student sex attacks raise conc...

Mastic student sex attacks raise concerns anew

There are 29 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 16, 2008, titled Mastic student sex attacks raise concerns anew. In it, Newsday reports that:

Long-standing concerns about the number of sex offenders in the Mastic area surfaced anew among parents, civic leaders and school officials yesterday, one day after a William Floyd High School student was ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
wrong island

Coram, NY

#21 Jan 18, 2008
snoopy1967 wrote:
<quoted text>what policy is that?
there used to be an attendance policy, you are only allowed to miss x amount of days in class. if you reach the #, you were dropped. Notifications were sent to parents and cutting was more penalized. Besides, who wanted to take a class over with underclassmen? Uncool.

Since: Jan 08

Rocky Point, Ny

#22 Jan 18, 2008
wrong island wrote:
<quoted text>
there used to be an attendance policy, you are only allowed to miss x amount of days in class. if you reach the #, you were dropped. Notifications were sent to parents and cutting was more penalized. Besides, who wanted to take a class over with underclassmen? Uncool.
I'm sure they have an attendance policy requiring students to attend a minimum number of days for each class. I remember that at my school if you missed more than 28 days of a full-year class, or 14 days of a half-year class, you would not get credit for the course.
wrong island

Coram, NY

#23 Jan 18, 2008
RockyPointResident wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure they have an attendance policy requiring students to attend a minimum number of days for each class. I remember that at my school if you missed more than 28 days of a full-year class, or 14 days of a half-year class, you would not get credit for the course.
no policy at all, ever hear of no child left behind? wfsd used to have it but it was disabled within the past 10 years.
WTF IS GOING ON HERE

Bradenton, FL

#24 Jan 18, 2008
William Floyd custodian charged in rape
BY ANDREW STRICKLER | [email protected]
3:20 PM EST, January 18, 2008
Article tools
E-mail Share
Digg Del.icio.us Facebook Fark Google Newsvine Reddit Yahoo Print Reprints Text size:

A custodian with the William Floyd School District has been arrested and charged with felony rape, according to Suffolk police.

Thomas Cancemi, 47, was arrested Wednesday at his home by Fourth Precinct detectives for an alleged incident that occurred the same day, according to Det. Lt. Michael Diffley of the Fourth Precinct.

Cancemi was charged with forcible rape, a B felony, and with burglary for breaking into a building, a C felony. Diffley said the victim, an adult female, was known to Cancemi. He declined to provide further information to protect her identity.
Gallowsman

Windham, ME

#25 Jan 18, 2008
wrong island wrote:
<quoted text>
you may want to ease up on the nazi propaganda buddy. hitler, goebbels; smart, dead. and why would we look to the sex offenders? maybe because they have poor moral character and were stupid enough to do it the first time.
It is only History my friend that I point out. Those that ignore it are doomed to repeat it.

Long before Hitler killed the first Jew in Nazi Germany, he paved the way for the wholesale disenfranchisement of human beings by — you guessed it — attacking the rights of sex offenders. From 1933 through 1936, a series of amendments were passed to Paragraphs 173 through 188 of the German Penal Law specifically targeting homosexuals and others determined to be “sexual deviants.”
The sex offender laws created under the Nazi Third Reich have been the model for “Megan’s Law” and many of the other laws being passed throughout the United States. They, The Nazi’s, established the first sex offender registry, required sex offenders to register their whereabouts and to wear pink triangles, and established draconian punishments for sex crimes that included long prison terms, loss of civil rights, confinement in concentration camps, and the death penalty. We have now most all of these laws in place. All of these laws were justified by the Nazi’s in the same way that our present-day politicians justify Megan’s Law: to protect the children from sexual predators.
Of course, targeting sex offenders is just a way for us to establish the precedent we need for the wholesale deprivation of human and civil rights in preparation for us to act against all the people we want out of our lives and communities such as all criminals, illegals, and anyone we deem as unworthy to share our Great American Way of Life.
It’s doubtful that the America Public, in general, would have acquiesced to our rounding up all those we have deemed undesirable and so forth, and sending them off to whatever had we not first establish a precedent that some people are subhuman and unworthy of human rights such as Sex Offenders are now — and so we start with the most universally despised group we could find and use those laws to move on to others.
Anyone who thinks that this couldn’t happen and work this time is delusional. The simple fact is that history shows that we can single out one group for deprivation of civil rights thus weakening those rights for everyone else we want to also deem as undesirable, and that might include you one day.

And by the way. This information comes from my great great aunt, the only survior of that side of the family from Poland. She watch ALL her family marched to the ovens. I got a feeling she sees things a more clearer than most here would having been though it once already.

These again my friend are facts of history that you can find with just a little research.
Gallowsman

Windham, ME

#26 Jan 18, 2008
snoopy1967 wrote:
<quoted text>I would have to say either you work for the ACLU or are a sex offender. Do you have any interesting data on how many sex offenders there are that haven't been caught.Sounds like maybe you should start renting them rooms. birds of a feather tend to flock together!
Never worked for the ACLU and they seemed to be ignoring most of Constitutional issues concerning Sex Offenders, not profitable enough for them. As for being a Sex Offender. Well by today's standard I guess I am. I had teenage sex with my wife when we were in high school which is illegal today. I have slapped girls on the butt like the two boys in Oregon who were arrested and charged as Sex Offenders. I streaked several public events which by today's standard is a Register-able Sex Offense. Heck, I even mooned people in public, which is also now are Register-able Sex Offense. All I can say is I thank God it was nearly 40 years ago when wiser heads prevail. How about you? I imagine EVERYONE has something in their past that would be considered a Sex Offense today. In some states now, adultery is a Registerable Sex Offense. Oh, I am guilty of that too I am ashamed and sorry to say. One day we will all be on a "List".

And one last thing. When I was growing up my parents always warned me about talking to strangers, taking candy from them, or getting into any strange vehicle. But what they did not tell me is that I would be molested by my best friend's teenage brother numerous times or that my Boy Scout Troop Leader would want to share my tent and molest me, he was my Uncle. So take it from a Survivor, strangers are not the threat to children and every study out there supports that "FACT".
mastic beach

Port Jefferson Station, NY

#28 Jan 18, 2008
I have lived here for 34 years , and have watched the neighborhood go down , there are still alot of good people here . I recieve no less than 3 letters a week from the school district with multiple offenders on each . no where else do you have this , it was only a matter of time . there are a ton of children that live here , at least 30 within a short 3 block range of my home ,take a look at a map of long island then look at the grids of streets in the mastic /mastic beach/shirley area . We have been promised alot over the years but recieved nothing , I have been paying for side walks in my taxes for 18 yrs there arnt many here . The area needs help and most of the problem is not the FILTH ! that lives here , it is the people /politicians that turn a bling eye to the area . I hope that sombody pays for this , the first incident might have been avoided had they cleaned that lot like they were supposed to , but some political connections stopped that , while the whole of mastic road on both sides of the incident was threatened with fines and then cleaned and billed to land owners , that lot was not cause it was a friend of a friend ! These CHILDREN didnt deserve this and the responce is too little too late , somebody needs to awnser for these incidents
TOO MANY IN 1 TOWN

Bradenton, FL

#29 Jan 18, 2008
IT'S SATURDAY ONLY A FEW HOURS LEFT!!!
GOOD LUCK MY FRIENDS! DO THIS FOR THE CHILDREN AND FAMILIES WHO HAVE HAD ENOUGH!

ENOUGH OF THE OFFENDERS
ENOUGH OF THE DRUGS
ENOUGH OF THE GUNS
ENOUGH OF THE SOBER HOUSES
ENOUGH OF THE TALK NOW IT'S TIME TO WALK THE WALK (TOWN OF BROOKHAVEN)

FIGHT 4 WHAT'S RIGHT
MAY GOD BE WITH YOU ALL TO HELP TAKE BACK OUR TOWN!

NO HELP!!! NO PEACE!!!
NO HELP!!! NO PEACE!!!
NO HELP!!! NO PEACE!!!
Arnolds Baby

New York, NY

#30 May 21, 2011
Great town that MAstic - is this Long island or the Bronx?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Moriches Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
My car was stolen and I'm looking for the carlo... 6 hr Losa 6
The Mastic Book of Why Thu My brotha 2
Lets play what has Gary lied about! (Mar '13) Thu My brotha 67
Dans Horse dead farm (Aug '13) Apr 25 Jen 512
All Star Horse Farm Apr 19 Jenny 2
Yaphank Jail (Aug '12) Apr 16 Jaws 49
KKK Ignorance (Aug '16) Apr 14 Losa 14

Moriches Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance