Joe's Crabshack in Riverhead

Joe's Crabshack in Riverhead

Posted in the Moriches Forum

Badtothebone

Bronx, NY

#1 Aug 24, 2013
Has anyone visited this location yet? If not, don't bother going because the food and service is terrible. I went there tonight for the first time and I will never go back again. I ordered the Bean Town Bake which is 42.00 and it was over cooked and tasteless.
Shell Fish Fanatic

Bayside, NY

#2 Sep 10, 2013
I agree 100%, absolutely terrible food and service and to make matters worse --the damned music is so loud you cant hear your partner talking. Then the staff starts dancing and clapping. Maybe I could deal with the noise if the food was edible. Went with the wife one time, went with the girlfriend one time, the food and service was terrible both times. The writing on the wall is clear "8000 Square Feet For Rent" They will fall so much faster than Boulder Creek. Too bad, I was looking to make this a staple of my weekends. Never Again !
politico lil dickio

Bronx, NY

#3 Sep 10, 2013
Shell Fish Fanatic wrote:
I agree 100%, absolutely terrible food and service and to make matters worse --the damned music is so loud you cant hear your partner talking. Then the staff starts dancing and clapping. Maybe I could deal with the noise if the food was edible. Went with the wife one time, went with the girlfriend one time, the food and service was terrible both times. The writing on the wall is clear "8000 Square Feet For Rent" They will fall so much faster than Boulder Creek. Too bad, I was looking to make this a staple of my weekends. Never Again !
wife one night, girlfriend another? yea, you're bad. pppffffttt.
Evan Politico

Bronx, NY

#4 Sep 10, 2013
I took my mom there. Her crabz are bigger and tastier. Yo! She took sum from her shortz, put dem in da pot, and we feasted! Thanx mom!Yo!
Shell Fish Fanatic

Bayside, NY

#5 Sep 11, 2013
Seriously though --the food as well as the service were horrendous. I definitely won't be going back. I'm actually still in search of decent Seafood in the Suffolk area. I've been to Buoy One @ both locations and it was okay. Definitely acceptable, but I'm looking for really good seafood out here and there's not much to see. Anybody got a suggestion? No sleazy comments please--that is pointed directly at Evan Politico and your mom. Really, anyone know of a good seafood restaurant out here ?
politico village idioto

Bronx, NY

#6 Sep 11, 2013
Seriously though --the food as well as the service were horrendous. I definitely won't be going back. I'm actually still in search of decent Seafood in the Suffolk area. I've been to Buoy One @ both locations and it was okay. Definitely acceptable, but I'm looking for really good seafood out here and there's not much to see. Anybody got a suggestion? No sleazy comments please--that is pointed directly at Evan Politico and your mom. Really, anyone know of a good seafood restaurant out here ?
popeis in sayville.
whooda man

Bronx, NY

#7 Sep 11, 2013
been there 2x, the service was fine. food was good but not great. it is a chain restaurant ppl, if you want excellent seafood go to montauk or newport RI. if you want decent no-frills seafood quick go to Joe's.
patchogue

Mastic, NY

#8 Sep 11, 2013
try "the oar" and "harbour crab" in patchogue. "the oar" is award winning. also "lombardi's on the bay," patchogue again. nice bar, too.
Shell Fish Fanatic

Bayside, NY

#9 Sep 11, 2013
patchogue wrote:
try "the oar" and "harbour crab" in patchogue. "the oar" is award winning. also "lombardi's on the bay," patchogue again. nice bar, too.
Thanks for the suggestions --I'll try them out this weekend--they're in close proximity to each other --now I just have to figure out which one to take the wife and which one to take the girlfriend. LOL
patchogue

Mastic, NY

#10 Sep 11, 2013
<quoted text>Thanks for the suggestions --I'll try them out this weekend--they're in close proximity to each other --now I just have to figure out which one to take the wife and which one to take the girlfriend. LOL
the girlfriend to "the oar," the wife to the others. or get a second girlfriend and do one each of the others. Ha. have fun!
big shark

East Moriches, NY

#11 Sep 11, 2013
Atlantic seafood in moriches. nothing fancy but great food at a good price.
Shell Fish Fanatic

Bayside, NY

#12 Sep 12, 2013
big shark wrote:
Yeah --I tried this place with both my girls --they both had the same complaint "Paper Plates and plastic Utencils?" Thanks for the recommendation, but the place is just a little skeeved out.
Oh well

New York, NY

#13 Sep 12, 2013
<quoted text> Yeah --I tried this place with both my girls --they both had the same complaint "Paper Plates and plastic Utencils?" Thanks for the recommendation, but the place is just a little skeeved out.
i would rather have a great lobster dinner on paper plates and spend 15 dollars for the meal than pay 35 for the same thing some where else. Plus I take my kids, not all my girlfriends.
Shell Fish Fanatic

Bayside, NY

#14 Sep 13, 2013
Oh well wrote:
<quoted text>i would rather have a great lobster dinner on paper plates and spend 15 dollars for the meal than pay 35 for the same thing some where else. Plus I take my kids, not all my girlfriends.
Okay JEB -- Seriously--who cares if you'd rather eat on paper plates. The blog originally started because of the garbage food and service at Joe's Crap Shack. Seems that everyone --me included got off track. Let's just sit back and see how long it takes for the Crap shack to Deep 6.
Oh well

New York, NY

#15 Sep 13, 2013
<quoted text>Okay JEB -- Seriously--who cares if you'd rather eat on paper plates. The blog originally started because of the garbage food and service at Joe's Crap Shack. Seems that everyone --me included got off track. Let's just sit back and see how long it takes for the Crap shack to Deep 6.
ok DIP WAD, seriously, who gives a sh!t if you like the food or not. You ask, I told. I hope your "wife" finds you with your "girlfriend" and cuts your tiny 'clams' off. Be a real man and go out for a steak.
Shell Fish Fanatic

Bayside, NY

#16 Sep 13, 2013
Oh well wrote:
<quoted text>ok DIP WAD, seriously, who gives a sh!t if you like the food or not. You ask, I told. I hope your "wife" finds you with your "girlfriend" and cuts your tiny 'clams' off. Be a real man and go out for a steak.
Larry --Is that you Larry ? LOL
Badtothebone

Bronx, NY

#17 Sep 13, 2013
big shark wrote:
I wouldn't call it "great food" but it's palatable.
Badtothebone

Bronx, NY

#18 Sep 13, 2013
<quoted text> Yeah --I tried this place with both my girls --they both had the same complaint "Paper Plates and plastic Utencils?" Thanks for the recommendation, but the place is just a little skeeved out.
You're nuts, what's skeevie about it?
Badtothebone

United States

#20 Sep 14, 2013
My moms labia is like a fine marbled steak but it's palatable.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Moriches Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dans Horse dead farm (Aug '13) 3 hr Luis 562
Lets play what has Gary lied about! (Mar '13) Tue Name withheld 99
News YOUR COMMUNITY WATCHDOG: Debating the safety of... (Jan '08) May 18 Norman Snead 73
Choya Farm (Oct '16) May 15 Bruce 13
News Charges Filed In LI Chimney Sweep Scam (Feb '06) May 11 Lisa 337
News Mastic Beach Village delays public hearing on e... (Feb '16) Feb '16 Evan Poliico 1
News Moriches Man Charged With Home Improvement Scam (Feb '11) Feb '16 Evan Politico 13

Moriches Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Moriches Mortgages