Brady

Mastic Beach, NY

#62 May 25, 2013
Hey Ketel wrote:
<quoted text>
Check out Beach Man's comments equating gay women and castration. It seems hypocrisy may be more systemic than you thought. In fact, stand in front of a mirror. You may have an opportunity to study another fine example.
Hey, is this the pot calling the ketel Black?
Pot calling ketel

Watertown, CT

#63 May 26, 2013
Hey Ketel wrote:
<quoted text>
Check out Beach Man's comments equating gay women and castration. It seems hypocrisy may be more systemic than you thought. In fact, stand in front of a mirror. You may have an opportunity to study another fine example.
i don't know who you are, but I do know Vic and have heard him speak. For him to say someone shouldn't make fun of people who are gay. Or short or what not is laughable. I was speaking directly to him. I don't know who Beach man is so I really don't care what he says. Please, tell me where I'm contradicting myself by calling VZ out? The mans a homophobic and racist. That's not hypocritical, that's the truth. I've heard racial slurs from many "villagers" both working for and in support of the village. I think it's discussing the way they turn a blind "ear" to this and allow it continue. I guess that's the real "vision" for MB.
Newbie_

Mastic, NY

#64 May 26, 2013
Who is Maura and where can I find the blog that people are discussing?
Brady

Mastic Beach, NY

#65 May 26, 2013
Newbie_ wrote:
Who is Maura and where can I find the blog that people are discussing?
just type in mastic beach news but remember, the news part is only if it is approved by her, she is not a journalist. Even though I still think she did a good job on it, the name should be changed to mastic beach opinion of Maura.

Since: May 13

Mastic Beach, NY

#66 May 26, 2013
It is almost impossible to find anything factual when it comes to the village. The minute meetings on the website are always 2 months behind which, in this ever changing arena, makes them mute by the time I read them. I watched the work session videos on Maura's site but the sound is awful, I can't make out what they are saying half the time.
Brady

Mastic Beach, NY

#67 May 26, 2013
Newbie_ wrote:
It is almost impossible to find anything factual when it comes to the village. The minute meetings on the website are always 2 months behind which, in this ever changing arena, makes them mute by the time I read them. I watched the work session videos on Maura's site but the sound is awful, I can't make out what they are saying half the time.
She needs a better mic, and it would probably help if the other people stopped cackling.
OMG

East Moriches, NY

#68 May 26, 2013
Hey Maura A red sign with the letters STOP means you have to STOP. If you don't know how I'll tell you you take your right fot off the gas and step on the brake. Look both ways and then put your foot back on the gas.
Blablabla

Mastic Beach, NY

#69 May 26, 2013
Brady wrote:
<quoted text>just type in mastic beach news but remember, the news part is only if it is approved by her, she is not a journalist. Even though I still think she did a good job on it, the name should be changed to mastic beach opinion of Maura.
Then the village should be called Garyland.
Blablabla

Mastic Beach, NY

#70 May 26, 2013
Newbie_ wrote:
maybe the village should spend some of that 10grand that they receive from cabelvision a year on equipment to record and broadcast the meetings. Where is that money BTW? Seems like a lot to just lose.

Mastic Beach, NY

#71 May 26, 2013
Blablabla wrote:
<quoted text>maybe the village should spend some of that 10grand that they receive from cabelvision a year on equipment to record and broadcast the meetings. Where is that money BTW? Seems like a lot to just lose.
I agree, if they were given the money, what did happen to it? Is there a way to find out? Is there proof the money was given to them in the first place?
To Newbie

United States

#72 May 26, 2013
Newbie_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, if they were given the money, what did happen to it? Is there a way to find out? Is there proof the money was given to them in the first place?
I patiently waited and read with rapt interest in what you had to say. I felt that someone who was new to this site and wanted to join in an earnest discussion on the pros and cons of the village would be interesting to watch and read.

In fact, I'm always interestef to hear anyone who brings a new and fresh perspective to the table regarding the village.

But after reading what you have said, less your claims of having a business, your words have a very familiar ring to them.

Your use of terms and criticisims of the village are almost identical to some of our serial writers who hate the village and will do anything to see it fail.

In fact, your comments are so similar and echo the haters words and ideas so closely, I have to conclude you are one of them and just using a new name in a vain attempt to portray their ranks as larger than the 6 or 8 in number that they actually are.

Good try, but don't bother continuing the ruse.
fool me once

White Plains, NY

#73 May 26, 2013
Newbie_ wrote:
<quoted text>
it's in the minutes of their meetings.

Mastic Beach, NY

#74 May 26, 2013
To Newbie wrote:
<quoted text>
I patiently waited and read with rapt interest in what you had to say. I felt that someone who was new to this site and wanted to join in an earnest discussion on the pros and cons of the village would be interesting to watch and read.
In fact, I'm always interestef to hear anyone who brings a new and fresh perspective to the table regarding the village.
But after reading what you have said, less your claims of having a business, your words have a very familiar ring to them.
Your use of terms and criticisims of the village are almost identical to some of our serial writers who hate the village and will do anything to see it fail.
In fact, your comments are so similar and echo the haters words and ideas so closely, I have to conclude you are one of them and just using a new name in a vain attempt to portray their ranks as larger than the 6 or 8 in number that they actually are.
Good try, but don't bother continuing the ruse.
So because I ask for proof of something I am a "serial writer" under a fictitious name? I asked about proof because after reading some of these threads I certainly will never just take someone's word for anything. My real name is Barbara, I live on Peeker Ave.
My "use of terms"? That's called English.
I "echo the haters words and ideas so closely,[you] have to conclude [I] am one of them"? You got all this from a couple of posts? WOW, you're amazing!
Do you do children's parties? You're very entertaining. I am sure you can amuse 4-8 year olds for hours.
What is wrong with you people? Are you all paranoid and delusional?
I come on here, ask a few questions and get attacked? Accused of ulterior motives?
BTW, where is the "earnest discussion"? I haven't seen one yet. Where are they? I try to start one and I am immediately addressed with a combative remark.
And no, I was not a village supporter, so what? Get over it, we are a village, I am living with that fact and I suggest you live with the fact that not everyone is happy about that. Move on.
I speak about what I have seen first hand. Nothing more. I ask questions about things I know nothing about. Isn't that the point of a message board? BTW, my husband and I own three businesses.
If you need any more information about who I am, go take a ride up the high school, check out the war memorial, that poem that is inscribed on the back of it, that's my son.
You people have some serious issues. Why don't you come out from behind the fake name you created to make this post and tell me who you really are?
One thing I can promise you is that I will NEVER say anything on here that I would not say directly to your face!
To Barbara

Mastic, NY

#75 May 26, 2013
Newbie_ wrote:
<quoted text>
So because I ask for proof of something I am a "serial writer" under a fictitious name? I asked about proof because after reading,....... My real name is Barbara, I live on Peeker Ave.
I "echo the haters words and ideas so closely,[you] have to conclude [I] am one of them"? You got all this from a couple of posts? WOW, you're amazing!
BTW, where is the "earnest discussion"? I haven't seen one yet. Where are they? I try to start one and I am immediately addressed with a combative remark.
And no, I was not a village supporter, so what? Get over it, we are a village, I am living with that fact and I suggest you live with the fact that not everyone is happy about that. Move on.
One thing I can promise you is that I will NEVER say anything on here that I would not say directly to your face!
Hey Barbara on Peeker. You seem overly defensive. You say you were anti-village, you say you think nothing is happening on Neighborhood Road, you say besides a liitle code enforcement you see no improvement, you question where the cablevision money went for filming meetings, you started a thread "plans for MBV," then you ask where are the plans for making Mastic Beach better, you claim Neighborhood Road is terible, your afraid to go down there, you don't want to open a business there, but you say you and your husband have three businesses and new cars in the driveway, you say you don't want to be around run down depressing buildings, you claim you can't find any information on the village, you go to Maura's site for information when you already said you didn't know who she was.

How many village meetings have you gone to? Have you ever spoken to any village board member about what's going on? You have voiced many complaints for someone who comes on here and declares herself a newbie.

You don't ask for where you can go for facts or solicit factual information in an open-minded way from the village. Not to mention you stated that you were in two villages before this one and you weren't happy with them.

And you wonder why your being associated with the village haters who dominate this site?
Brady

Mastic Beach, NY

#76 May 27, 2013
Newbie_ wrote:
<quoted text>
So because I ask for proof of something I am a "serial writer" under a fictitious name? I asked about proof because after reading some of these threads I certainly will never just take someone's word for anything. My real name is Barbara, I live on Peeker Ave.
Do you do children's parties? You're very entertaining. I am sure you can amuse 4-8 year olds for hours.
What is wrong with you people? Are you all paranoid and delusional?
I come on here, ask a few questions and get attacked? Accused of ulterior motives?
I speak about what I have seen first hand. Nothing more. I ask questions about things I know nothing about. Isn't that the point of a message board? BTW, my husband and I own three businesses.
If you need any more information about who I am, go take a ride up the high school, check out the war memorial, that poem that is inscribed on the back of it, that's my son.
You people have some serious issues. Why don't you come out from behind the fake name you created to make this post and tell me who you really are?
I guess I am your polar opposite, I am a village supporter. I must admit your declaration of being a newbie who seemed to spout the same anti village themes made me suspect your intentions. You will find, for the most part, being pro-village as I am will lead to personal attacks as well.

I have friends and relatives on both sides of the issue, for me it is not personal. But when I am attacked (by others), I won't hesitate to retaliate. Do not expect to get too much factual info from Topix. But, just a word of caution, try to remain anonymous.

Mastic Beach, NY

#77 May 27, 2013
To Barbara wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Barbara on Peeker.....
This is the third time I am responding to this hopefully it will show up this time.
Excuse me for being defensive but I tend to stand up for myself when I am being attacked.
Yes, I voted no for the village because I personally did not think it is the answer (for reasons no one even bothered to ask, they just assumed I was one of these psychos on here with nothing better to do than spread rumors, gossip and stir up trouble).
I never said I was AFRAID to go down Neighborhood Rd, I said I didn’t LIKE to go down there but apparently a “Mamby Pamby” like myself isn’t entitled to an opinion.
No, I do not know Maura, I read about her blog on here. I went to check it out, the only thing of any interest to me was a few videos because it was information straight from the mouths of village personnel.
Someone posted about cablevision money, I asked if there was proof the money was awarded because if it wasn’t I could just dismiss that line of commentary as rumors. But since there is proof, I asked what happened to it. Is that not a valid question?
I didn’t ask “where” the plans for Neighborhood Rd were, I asked if there "were" any plans to improve the area. But instead of initiating a brain storming arena, as was my hope, I was met with combative remarks.
I have an idea, it may not be a good one but its starting point.
I have not gone to any village meetings. They are held during times my husband is working and I need to be home with my disabled daughter. Sorry if that is inconvenient for you but when given any choice that involves my children they will win hands down every time.
I did go down to village hall to make a few inquiries on April 15th at 11:30 am (I remember this because I log all my activities for reference), I was told I needed to speak with Tim Brojer but he was in a meeting. I am still waiting for his call.
Of course I have complaints, they are the same as the village supporters, that’s why you wanted a village.
I googled Mastic Beach Information and was directed to this site. So far, I am not impressed.
Now, with all this being said, let me start over with a new thread stating my idea with the understanding that if anyone replies with combative remarks (and I don’t mean negative remarks, obviously if the idea is a bad one it needs to be said), we agree to ignore them and continue on with only productive responses. Deal?

Mastic Beach, NY

#78 May 27, 2013
Brady wrote:
<quoted text>I guess I am your polar opposite, I am a village supporter. I must admit your declaration of being a newbie who seemed to spout the same anti village themes made me suspect your intentions. You will find, for the most part, being pro-village as I am will lead to personal attacks as well.
I have friends and relatives on both sides of the issue, for me it is not personal. But when I am attacked (by others), I won't hesitate to retaliate. Do not expect to get too much factual info from Topix. But, just a word of caution, try to remain anonymous.
Nice to meet you polar opposite! After reading some of these threads I now have somewhat of an understanding why I was attacked. I have no problem agreeing to disagree when confronted with an opposing view but I am not going allow myself to be battered.

People really need to come to terms with the fact that the voters have spoken and we are indeed a village. I have, life goes on and you need to make the best of the consequences that befall you. To me there are no more sides to take. A village is the path the voters have chosen to take.
Maura Here

Shirley, NY

#79 May 28, 2013
This is Jennifer wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not disagreeing with you. I take issue with the statement that suggests (in Maura's article) that Code enforcement, or Mr. Brojer, is responsible for controlling the local real estate market as related to controlling the number of rentals. It is not legal to do so. I do not state that I am "happy," but state that I see a lot of improvement.
On your points, I agree that getting information of any kind out of that office is very difficult, but that is not what I am responding to in my original opinion. My opinion letter to Maura's article addresses her article, not other village issues. Thank you for taking the time for a sane response.
(That is the lead in at the top of my post. That was my response to an article on Maura's new website, which was not accepting my letter to the editor. It relates specifically to that article.)
Hi Jennifer - Just wanted to let you know that the www.MasticBeachNews.Com website is being officially launched today. Although the site was up we are still working all the problems. You should be able to now send in a letter to the editor. As always I enjoy and appreciate your comments on how to make Mastic Beach a better community and look forward to working with you to improve the area.

I also wanted to let everyone know that Kate Browning is presenting legislation today at the County Legislature that would pressure the County, State and Feds to begin the rebuilding of the dunes at Smith Point. Any one who can be there at 2pm today Tuesday the 28th to show support to REBUILD THE DUNES would be great.
Maura Here

Shirley, NY

#80 May 28, 2013
Newbie_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Newbie - If you go to the Village Website and look up the meeting minutes for February 8, 2011 you will see that the village was to receive a $10,000 Grant to videotape the village meetings. I have been having problems getting the village to reply to the most simple of FOIL requests so I do not have a copy of the Franchise Agreement with Cablevision. I did contact Cablevision and they confirmed that the Village did in fact receive this grant money. Mayor Biondi confirmed the receipt of the grant money at the last village meeting. That meeting was videotaped and will be online at www.MasticBeachNews.com in the next few days.

Please come by the Mastic Beach Property Owners Association on Orchid Drive and Neighborhood Road on Saturday June 1st for Tri-Hamlet day. I will be there and would love to meet you but more importantly I can give you a copy of the Neighborhood Road Revitalization Plan that the Town of Brookhaven did back in 2006. The Village trustees should look at this as an example of what an "actual" Plan looks like. Turns out before you can get any funding, public or private, an actual well thought out plan is required to be considered for "shovel ready" status. So far our village leaders have failed to make any plans for anything. Apparently planning is not in their vocabulary.
Blablabla

Mastic Beach, NY

#81 May 28, 2013
Thanks for the infoMaura.

Here's another question....
As I understand it, the MBPOA used to maintain and fix the lighthouse on neighborhood rd at no cost to the taxpayer or non members. Now that we have a village, we PAY to maintain it with tax dollars. The last time it was fixed, the village used their "friend" Kruse (sp?)Electric and paid him well over two grand to repair it. NOW the mayor says its broke again? Will Kruse be fixing it for free now or do we keep paying him to NOT fix it properly? This is one more service that used to be performed for free by real VOLUNTEERS but now our tax dollars pay for it. Thank you village.

If they say they are placing it out to bid to fix, bring this up at that meeting.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Moriches Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Use of collection agency 49 min 11951Ratdog 19
News Horseshoe crab sting (Jul '07) 7 hr 11951Ratdog 86
News Public employees union and Mastic Beach spar ov... Tue 11951Ratdog 38
Mayor maura closet sausage smoker??????? Aug 20 Nancy 1
Why is Jay a dickk Aug 20 Joe biden 4
wierd housing rental rules (Sep '12) Aug 18 Cremon 46
News Mastic Beach Village delays public hearing on e... (Feb '16) Feb '16 Evan Poliico 1

Moriches Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Moriches Mortgages