mastic beach village
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
X Mastic resident

Staten Island, NY

#86 Sep 5, 2010
You all live in Mastic LMAO I love how people live you try to dissociate themselves from Mastic when you live in Mastic,

(Village,hamlet,beach,p oospatuck,south of 80, south of montauk, Smithpoint,north I heard it all - Mastic is Mastic. Your an iddiot like the rest of the Mastic and Shirley morons.

Glad we have Mastic and Shirley to keep you idiotts in the Mastic ZOO

You want the name to change but your all still the same old Trailer Park Trash.
tony common sense

Mount Kisco, NY

#87 Sep 7, 2010
i think of it this way. if you like the way mastic beach is vote no. if you are tired of looking at section 8, homes taken over by banks and left to rot, people selling drugs out of your neighbors house, rarely seeing code enforcement or if you do call them they take weeks to show and do nothing about it then vote yes. drive through some of the communities out west where some of the politicians live and you will see belgium block lining all their roadways and you drive in mb and you will see garbage lining the roadways. i believe biggest reason the property owners association was fighting the village was that they will lose the money they make from the marinas and beaches Ie: self interest, they do not represent the community they help themselves. they have done a few good things but most was done so they would look better to the citizens of mb. i have lived in mb for 28 yrs. and was shocked when security kicked me out of the marina for taking and hour to go fishing which i have not done in a decade or so. he didnt care that i lived in mb, he did care that i wasnt paying my property owners dues. money, that is what it comes down to

“My rottie wants belly rubs”

Since: Jun 07

A few blocks from the Ocean

#88 Sep 7, 2010
tony common sense wrote:
i think of it this way. if you like the way mastic beach is vote no. if you are tired of looking at section 8, homes taken over by banks and left to rot, people selling drugs out of your neighbors house, rarely seeing code enforcement or if you do call them they take weeks to show and do nothing about it then vote yes. drive through some of the communities out west where some of the politicians live and you will see belgium block lining all their roadways and you drive in mb and you will see garbage lining the roadways. i believe biggest reason the property owners association was fighting the village was that they will lose the money they make from the marinas and beaches Ie: self interest, they do not represent the community they help themselves. they have done a few good things but most was done so they would look better to the citizens of mb. i have lived in mb for 28 yrs. and was shocked when security kicked me out of the marina for taking and hour to go fishing which i have not done in a decade or so. he didnt care that i lived in mb, he did care that i wasnt paying my property owners dues. money, that is what it comes down to
Well said!
Mastic Beach Homeowner

Bronx, NY

#89 Sep 8, 2010
MB Village Supporter wrote:
The poster who uses the moniker "Anti-Politician" has the right to make any statement, under the freedom of speech, as long as he or she adheres to the premise that the speech should do no harm.
That said, I wish this poster had attended any one of our monthly meetings, or possibly viewed our website: www.masticbeach.org . The poster has the right to their opinion, but I believe this poster is misinformed as to what type of village is being proposed.
We hope to enforce housing codes to clean up sub-standard housing. Our group is not anti-landlord. We are anti-SLUMlord. We are against State/County or Town government unfairly placing DSS, section-8, sober-houses, and even sexual predators into our community.
The poster worries we will nickle and dime every single possible money grab item. We will not be that type of village. Our proposed budget, for year one is already started, and is under professional accounting review. The village will be busy enough going after severely neglected properties owned by absentee landlords to be worried about yard sale signs.
A Village is run by the inhabitants. They can choose what quality of life issues they feel are most important. For example, if the inhabitants wanted to make a rule that yard sales had to have a permit, the inhabitants could vote in a $20 deposit be made to ensure that they must remove the old signs are promptly removed. Hope you noticed I said the inhabitants would vote this in. The village follows the wishes of the inhabitants.
Myself, and 150 other members of our incorporation exploratory committee volunteers have been well received by almost ALL of the residents. We are all suffering from a depressed economy. But we are not giving up! This is the year we decide, by a majority vote, to take control of our quality of life.
I just want to know if it is indeed true that renters were allowed to vote?
MBV

AOL

#90 Sep 9, 2010
Mastic Beach Homeowner wrote:
<quoted text>
I just want to know if it is indeed true that renters were allowed to vote?
Renters can vote as long as they are registered at the address within the boundries.
Resident

Stratford, CT

#91 Sep 9, 2010
Renters usually vote YES for school budgets because they don't directly pay the tax increase. And yes, in America, you do not have to be a home owner to be able to vote.

Did you ask this question to stir up the pot? Renters are not a large voting block. In fact, only about 10% of renters are even registered to vote.

Did you ask this question because the MBPOA only allows OWNERS to vote? I hope not!
JB MASTIC BEACH

Commack, NY

#92 Oct 4, 2010
X Mastic resident wrote:
You all live in Mastic LMAO I love how people live you try to dissociate themselves from Mastic when you live in Mastic,
(Village,hamlet,beach,p oospatuck,south of 80, south of montauk, Smithpoint,north I heard it all - Mastic is Mastic. Your an iddiot like the rest of the Mastic and Shirley morons.
Glad we have Mastic and Shirley to keep you idiotts in the Mastic ZOO
You want the name to change but your all still the same old Trailer Park Trash.
GLAD YOUR GONE
blah

Shirley, NY

#94 Sep 10, 2013
mastic beach village is outta control and needs to be voted out how do i get a petition ??
confused

Mastic Beach, NY

#95 Sep 11, 2013
Villages in New York are dissolved solely through locally initiated procedures
which are spelled out in Village Law Article 19. There are essentially two ways in which the
question of dissolution can be brought before the village board, by way of the board of
trustees itself or through the filing of a petition by village residents. Each alternative is
outlined below. When the actual dissolution vote (referendum) will occur is dependant upon
which alternative is selected.
In terms of initiation by the village board of trustees, the law states that any village
board, on its own initiative, can adopt a resolution to submit the question of dissolution to a
vote. If this is done, the vote (referendum) has to be scheduled for the next regular village
election or special election for officers not less than 30 days after the public hearing required
to be held on dissolution. The public hearing must be held prior to the submission of the
proposition to the voters, regardless of whether dissolution is initiated by petition or the
village board.
With respect to initiation by formal petition, the process becomes a little more
complex. If a petition signed by one-third of the eligible electorate of a village signed not
earlier than 120 days prior to the filing of the petition to submit the question of dissolution is
forwarded to the village board of trustees, then (upon validation) the board of trustees is
required and therefore must, adopt a resolution submitting the question to a vote at the next
regular or special village election for officers held not less than 30 days after the public
hearing required to be held on dissoloution.
confused

Mastic Beach, NY

#96 Sep 11, 2013
Brady wrote:
I am Nice Brady, and I am proud of the people of Mastic Beach. Not just for voting yes...but for the strong turnout at the polls yesterday. 3,000 voters came out, and waited patiently in the heat to cast their vote. This is almost 1/2 of the TOTAL registered voters here.
Yes, the outcome was decided, by a difference of 412 votes. That is a significant margin, which should be respected. It is time to stop all the political nonsense. The campaign is over. The people decided.
Now, it's time to set-up the new government. Everyone who wanted to be better informed, should go to every meeting. Villages, are the most transparent form of government because all dealings are done in public.
Congratulations to the MBVEC...for your hard work, and diligence.
wow, i wish that this was true. i wish that the village was a more transparent form of government. it has turned into secrets agendas and lies with less services (has anyone seen the crazy lines put onto neighborhood road by the "highway department"?)
uh Huhh

Manorville, NY

#97 Sep 11, 2013
confused wrote:
Villages in New York are dissolved solely through locally initiated procedures
which are spelled out in Village Law Article 19. There are essentially two ways in which the
question of dissolution can be brought before the village board, by way of the board of
trustees itself or through the filing of a petition by village residents. Each alternative is
outlined below. When the actual dissolution vote (referendum) will occur is dependant upon
which alternative is selected.
In terms of initiation by the village board of trustees, the law states that any village
board, on its own initiative, can adopt a resolution to submit the question of dissolution to a
vote. If this is done, the vote (referendum) has to be scheduled for the next regular village
election or special election for officers not less than 30 days after the public hearing required
to be held on dissolution. The public hearing must be held prior to the submission of the
proposition to the voters, regardless of whether dissolution is initiated by petition or the
village board.
With respect to initiation by formal petition, the process becomes a little more
complex. If a petition signed by one-third of the eligible electorate of a village signed not
earlier than 120 days prior to the filing of the petition to submit the question of dissolution is
forwarded to the village board of trustees, then (upon validation) the board of trustees is
required and therefore must, adopt a resolution submitting the question to a vote at the next
regular or special village election for officers held not less than 30 days after the public
hearing required to be held on dissoloution.
Good luck with that...LOL...You need a VALID reason, with documented proof..."I dont like it and they are crooks and give no bid contracts to friends" wont fly......LMAO...Plus most of you crybabies here are too damm lazy to even get all the signatures required..LMAO!!!
confused

Mastic Beach, NY

#98 Sep 11, 2013
uh Huhh wrote:
<quoted text>
Good luck with that...LOL...You need a VALID reason, with documented proof..."I dont like it and they are crooks and give no bid contracts to friends" wont fly......LMAO...Plus most of you crybabies here are too damm lazy to even get all the signatures required..LMAO!!!
actually you don't need to state ANY reason, other than that the public wishes to dissolve. Documented proof of WHAT? this is just the procedure to dissolve.
confused

Mastic Beach, NY

#99 Sep 11, 2013
and, by the way, someone asked for this information, and i provided it. i would sign any petition to dissolve, but cannot start one myself. this is not due to laziness. it is due to excessive family obligations.
wow

Manorville, NY

#100 Sep 11, 2013
confused wrote:
<quoted text>actually you don't need to state ANY reason, other than that the public wishes to dissolve. Documented proof of WHAT? this is just the procedure to dissolve.
remember. UH HUH is mean, nasty old coot who cant remember his own name.
uh Huhh

Manorville, NY

#101 Sep 12, 2013
wow wrote:
<quoted text>remember. UH HUH is mean, nasty old coot who cant remember his own name.
Old?? His??? LOL.....fools
Ya old coot

New York, NY

#102 Sep 12, 2013
uh Huhh wrote:
<quoted text>
Old?? His??? LOL.....fools
Ya OLD coot!!! LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Moriches Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Paradise Lost! 8 min Ha Ha Ha 24
Splice T Considers Name Change Sat Unknown 2
Is Betty the new Bruce? Fri So so so tired of... 52
Does anyone remember.......... (Jan '11) Thu Splice T 78
another thrift shop Thu Splice T 6
New Mastic Beach Drug House Thu Splice T 14
Bruce has met his match Jul 30 11951 Rat Dog 35
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Moriches Mortgages