Boycott the Issues with MBV Facebook ...
DHS

Savannah, GA

#82 Apr 19, 2014
quote wrote:
<quoted text>
there was an outcry. they ignored it.
I believe the ones that ignored it a few years ago are the ones now crying for ethics.
ethics

Mastic, NY

#83 Apr 19, 2014
ethics wrote:
<quoted text>
If an elected official casts a vote on an issue where they directly benefit financially from the outcome of that vote, then they are violating their oath.
Landlords and property managers must be held accountable for the safe and decent houses we need in the village. Tenants in the village have a legal right to safe houses that are not illegal fire traps. The village has a legal responsibility to force the property managers and landlords to provide safe housing that meets fire and building codes.
It may cost more, but the higher taxes that will come with higher job bids and better qualified workers will be worth it. Higher property values and a much better quality of life.

Mastic, NY

#84 Apr 19, 2014
DHS wrote:
<quoted text>I believe the ones that ignored it a few years ago are the ones now crying for ethics.
no sure who you mean, DHS? and are you the Department of Homeland Security?
Ethics Needed

Mastic, NY

#85 Apr 19, 2014
ethics wrote:
<quoted text>
It may cost more, but the higher taxes that will come with higher job bids and better qualified workers will be worth it. Higher property values and a much better quality of life.
It makes sense to decide by both: best price and work quality. Open bids. Let businesses compete for contracts and have established work records.
Tom

Selden, NY

#86 Apr 19, 2014
Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe in order to find qualified people they need to look outside of the Village at times. I see nothing the matter with that idea at all.
Are you friggin Crazy!!! You se nothing wrong with someone not living in the Village , help run the village. That's Insane- No wonder people are fed up with the village with that kind of thinking.
DHS

Savannah, GA

#87 Apr 19, 2014
quote wrote:
<quoted text>
no sure who you mean, DHS?
DHS stands for the name of the company owned by Donald H Stiriz, that receives no bid contracts from the village.

If you happen to notice, DHS has the same last name as the deputy mayor of the village, because they are blood relatives.

Mastic, NY

#88 Apr 20, 2014
DHS wrote:
<quoted text>DHS stands for the name of the company owned by Donald H Stiriz, that receives no bid contracts from the village.
If you happen to notice, DHS has the same last name as the deputy mayor of the village, because they are blood relatives.
wow. disturbing.
Boycott this

Shirley, NY

#89 Apr 20, 2014
How is the Boycott working for you?
Hey Issues

Mastic, NY

#90 Apr 20, 2014
Issues with Mastic Beach Village
Topix is the same handful of idiots that nobody cares about
13 hours ago 1

Hey Issues, getting worried about being exposed for who you really are?

Yes Maura did say that William, thank you.
April 18 at 6:51pm

i am sure Maura will let us all know right here
Yesterday at 6:28am

It seems the Issues Admin feels comfortable speaking for Maura. They seem very close. Issues does special favors for Maura, like deleting her March 15th denial of violating village codes, and other things.

To Karen on the Issues page:
Yes, Trustee Spery has violated village codes and was fined by the Town for having no rental permit. Ask her to answer you on the Issues page.

Ask the Issues Admin why they deleted the March 15th post written by Maura where she spoke about these subjects.

The Admins appear to be very close to Trustee Maura Spery and she thinks it's OK for them to be anonymous! That's a great relationship they have. Maybe they're really close and Maura prefers that no one knows about that? After all, they did anonymously endorse Maura for Trustee.

Boycott the Issues Page!
Cultural Arts of MBV

Shirley, NY

#91 Apr 21, 2014
We The Cultural Arts Guild of Mastic Beach support the issues with MBV Facebook page and encourage all local organizations to support them as well.

They keep us informed on all the latest issues brought forward by the people our Village chooses not to listen to.

Support Issues with Mastic Beach Village Facebook page
your RABBI

Bronx, NY

#92 Apr 21, 2014
If you want to stay in touch just talk to your rabbi.your rabbi knows all
Saying NO to your boycott

Stamford, CT

#93 Apr 21, 2014
Hey Issues wrote:
Topix is the same handful of idiots that nobody cares about
13 hours ago 1
Hey Issues, getting worried about being exposed for who you really are?
Yes Maura did say that William, thank you.
April 18 at 6:51pm
i am sure Maura will let us all know right here
Yesterday at 6:28am
It seems the Issues Admin feels comfortable speaking for Maura. They seem very close. Issues does special favors for Maura, like deleting her March 15th denial of violating village codes, and other things.
To Karen on the Issues page:
Yes, Trustee Spery has violated village codes and was fined by the Town for having no rental permit. Ask her to answer you on the Issues page.
Ask the Issues Admin why they deleted the March 15th post written by Maura where she spoke about these subjects.
The Admins appear to be very close to Trustee Maura Spery and she thinks it's OK for them to be anonymous! That's a great relationship they have. Maybe they're really close and Maura prefers that no one knows about that? After all, they did anonymously endorse Maura for Trustee.
Boycott the Issues Page!
no. Why don't you go on issues and bring up your problem with the page directly to their attention?
Just a heads up, your little "boycott" isn't working. No one cares about your "issues" with them but Babs. Maura won, deal with it.
Yes Maura Won

Mastic, NY

#94 Apr 21, 2014
Now she has to deal with it.

We'll go on Issues as soon as the Admins reveal their true identities.

92 posts and counting! Come on everyone, post if you agree with us.

Boycott the Issues page!
I love MBV

Shirley, NY

#95 Apr 21, 2014
I love the Village of Mastic Beach and also feel that the page on Facebook Issues of MBV has made a big difference in the way us taxpayers feel towards the Village. The amount of people that come out to meetings now vs then is incredible. We are more open and vocal. I think it was great when Mayor Bill Biondi went on the page to listen and answer.
too funny

Amityville, NY

#96 Apr 21, 2014
This is Why wrote:
It's not the people posting. We encourage them to. It is one of our country's founding principals - free speech.
Maura said on Issues that she thinks anonymous admins are OK. Well, she's wrong.
That is the only thing we object to. These anonymous admins endorsed Bruce and Maura and encouraged people to vote for them.
If they want to endorse candidates then they need to identify themselves. That's it, period.
If they're anonymous, then how does anyone make an informed decision as to whether their endorsement is sincere or being done for hidden purposes?
For example: Maura and Bruce campaigned on working with Landlords. Maybe the admins have real estate holdings in the village? Don't posters on that page have a right to know that?
We're definitely NOT saying that is the case. But it is an example of why political endorsements by anonymous pages or people are not acceptable.
That's the only reason for this boycott.
Just for the record, we wanted change on the Board and we agree with many of the criticisms of the village being posted.
oh grow up. everyone on topix is anonymous, so why is that different? more whining because you didn't win. get over it already
michelle

Amityville, NY

#97 Apr 21, 2014
i think the person who stated that there aren't enough votes to dissolve is wrong. when i was out walking with maura door to door to help her get elected; many people asked if we were there to get a petition to dissolve signed. we had to tell them that no, we were here to get people to come out and vote. There were alot of people that were not happy and wanted to dissolve. I was surprised at just how many.
MB Lover

Shirley, NY

#98 Apr 21, 2014
michelle wrote:
i think the person who stated that there aren't enough votes to dissolve is wrong. when i was out walking with maura door to door to help her get elected; many people asked if we were there to get a petition to dissolve signed. we had to tell them that no, we were here to get people to come out and vote. There were alot of people that were not happy and wanted to dissolve. I was surprised at just how many.
If so many people want to dissolve the Village then why has not one person started the movement to dissolve? Everyone is quick to talk but I see no one actually doing anything so maybe there really is not a loud cry to dissovle.
Shout Out MBV

Bayonne, NJ

#99 Apr 23, 2014
Let's hear it, village people. What's on your mind?

98 posts and counting - that's twice as many posts as regular posters on Issues.

Issues will be endorsing hoodo for Mayor in 2015.

Keep the boycott going!
Go Ahead

Mastic, NY

#100 Apr 24, 2014
michelle wrote:
michelle, I'm sure you, maureen and maura are well on your way to starting the petition. thanks to all of you for your hard work.

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#101 Apr 25, 2014
Go Ahead wrote:
<quoted text>
michelle, I'm sure you, maureen and maura are well on your way to starting the petition. thanks to all of you for your hard work.
Hard work is something they know nothing about.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Moriches Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
cam slave wanted (Apr '14) Wed Franksanidiot and... 36
horse boarding (Jan '13) Dec 12 Jake off 72
News Moriches Man Charged With Home Improvement Scam (Feb '11) Dec 6 madoff sindrome 18
Net Neutrality Nov 28 three blocks 1
News Southampton Town Police reports (Feb '09) Nov 24 SH Brokerage 4
Murder In Bonnieville Nov '17 whodunit 1
Vick Zeelany Nov '17 Nick_The_Dick 3

Moriches Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Moriches Mortgages