Boycott the Issues with MBV Facebook ...
What are you so afraid of

Deer Park, NY

#62 Apr 18, 2014
I think that this thread is so ridiculous. If you don't like a Facebook page, don't go on it! No one is forcing you to look at it, so get over it. How exactly would a boycott work anyway? By not looking at the Issues page? Great-don't look at it then! Do you even understand how Facebook works? Lol.

If there weren't any issues with the village, then the Issues with MBV page would not be around. Anyone who is advocating a 'boycott' must be scared of something! What do you have to hide? Where is the harm in residents having a forum to air their grievances and seek information and results?
As far as the anonymity of the page, who cares? It does not matter to me at all who runs the page, I am thankful that they have started the page. It is getting results!
This is Why

Mastic, NY

#63 Apr 18, 2014
It's not the people posting. We encourage them to. It is one of our country's founding principals - free speech.

Maura said on Issues that she thinks anonymous admins are OK. Well, she's wrong.

That is the only thing we object to. These anonymous admins endorsed Bruce and Maura and encouraged people to vote for them.

If they want to endorse candidates then they need to identify themselves. That's it, period.

If they're anonymous, then how does anyone make an informed decision as to whether their endorsement is sincere or being done for hidden purposes?

For example: Maura and Bruce campaigned on working with Landlords. Maybe the admins have real estate holdings in the village? Don't posters on that page have a right to know that?

We're definitely NOT saying that is the case. But it is an example of why political endorsements by anonymous pages or people are not acceptable.

That's the only reason for this boycott.

Just for the record, we wanted change on the Board and we agree with many of the criticisms of the village being posted.
ethics

Mastic, NY

#64 Apr 18, 2014
Do all of our elected officials have to be transparent? Or is transparency only required for The Vision Team? What about accountability?
We need an Ethics Board for the village.
I'm sure all of our elected village officials will have no problem letting us know if they own a LLC that does business here.
Or a rental house or three.
Naw

Stamford, CT

#65 Apr 18, 2014
Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe in order to find qualified people they need to look outside of the Village at times. I see nothing the matter with that idea at all.
but 'keep it going' has an issue with it and is blaming a web site for it. I never thought we should be a village because I believe the people here aren't smart enough to run a government. Myself included.
But we are a village like it or not. I believe any paying position or committee member should live in MBV. If it affects us, the decisions should be made by the residents of MBV. Isn't that why we became a village in the first place? If we need to hire out side of the village, we should just dissolve.
Naw

Stamford, CT

#66 Apr 18, 2014
This is Why wrote:
It's not the people posting. We encourage them to. It is one of our country's founding principals - free speech.
Maura said on Issues that she thinks anonymous admins are OK. Well, she's wrong.
That is the only thing we object to. These anonymous admins endorsed Bruce and Maura and encouraged people to vote for them.
If they want to endorse candidates then they need to identify themselves. That's it, period.
If they're anonymous, then how does anyone make an informed decision as to whether their endorsement is sincere or being done for hidden purposes?
For example: Maura and Bruce campaigned on working with Landlords. Maybe the admins have real estate holdings in the village? Don't posters on that page have a right to know that?
We're definitely NOT saying that is the case. But it is an example of why political endorsements by anonymous pages or people are not acceptable.
That's the only reason for this boycott.
Just for the record, we wanted change on the Board and we agree with many of the criticisms of the village being posted.
so wait? You're saying that a face book page influenced people to vote for Maura or Bruce? A FB page? Excuse me a second.......
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sorry. Yeah, ok!
If you were influenced to vote for Maura and Bruce by some person who started a page on FB, you have serious "issues" of your own and I find it hard to believe that that individual is intelligent enough to make it to the polling place let alone smart enough to fill in the dots for any candidate!
Maura and Bruce won. Get over it. If you don't like what they do, vote them out in two years.
Good luck on your "boycott"! HAHAHAHAHA
huh

Stamford, CT

#67 Apr 18, 2014
ethics wrote:
Do all of our elected officials have to be transparent? Or is transparency only required for The Vision Team? What about accountability?
I'm sure all of our elected village officials will have no problem letting us know if they own a LLC that does business here.
being the pro villager that you are, i don't think you would like the answer to that question. maybe look a little closer to home to find your 'village officials' who are part of an LLC. and I'm not talking about maura or bruce.
Petition

Shirley, NY

#68 Apr 18, 2014
Who is holding the petition to dissolve the village?? I and others want to sign it and so who is the one who kept insinuating getting it going. Having this circus keep going on and on is an insult and embarassment to the residents of this hamlet. Ready to sign so where is it??
too funny

Amityville, NY

#69 Apr 18, 2014
Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe in order to find qualified people they need to look outside of the Village at times. I see nothing the matter with that idea at all.
what happened to being governed by the people of mastic beach? that is what was said to get a village. There are many many qualified people who live in this village.
ethics

Mastic, NY

#70 Apr 18, 2014
huh wrote:
<quoted text>being the pro villager that you are, i don't think you would like the answer to that question. maybe look a little closer to home to find your 'village officials' who are part of an LLC. and I'm not talking about maura or bruce.
I'm "pro" ethics, transparency and accountability. Yes I want to see everything that needs to be looked at. But I don't view it through a pro or anti village lens.
huh

Stamford, CT

#71 Apr 18, 2014
ethics wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm "pro" ethics, transparency and accountability. Yes I want to see everything that needs to be looked at. But I don't view it through a pro or anti village lens.
then you weren't accusing anyone from the village board of having an LLC? ok.
this village needed an ethics board from day one. still needs one, highly doubtful we will ever get one. "Ethics" doesn't seem to part of this village yet.
Good Night Issues

Mastic, NY

#72 Apr 18, 2014
Naw wrote:
<quoted text>but 'keep it going' has an issue with it and is blaming a web site for it. I never thought we should be a village because I believe the people here aren't smart enough to run a government. Myself included.
But we are a village like it or not. I believe any paying position or committee member should live in MBV. If it affects us, the decisions should be made by the residents of MBV. Isn't that why we became a village in the first place? If we need to hire out side of the village, we should just dissolve.
Go ahead Getch. You said you already had the petition ready. Start collecting your signatures.
Absolutely

Mastic, NY

#73 Apr 18, 2014
ethics wrote:
We absolutely need an Ethics Board. Every government needs to have an independent body to review and ensure that their officials are not violating laws and ethics.

All candidates should be reviewed for unethical behavior and/or possible violations of laws and codes.
What are you so afraid of

Deer Park, NY

#74 Apr 18, 2014
Naw wrote:
<quoted text>but 'keep it going' has an issue with it and is blaming a web site for it. I never thought we should be a village because I believe the people here aren't smart enough to run a government. Myself included.
-I agree with dissolving the MBV. I'm am a 40+ yr resident.
Naw

Stamford, CT

#75 Apr 18, 2014
Good Night Issues wrote:
<quoted text>
Go ahead Getch. You said you already had the petition ready. Start collecting your signatures.
Good guess, but I'm not them. I don't think there are enough vote to dissolve the village. My opinion is that people of MBV should be working in MBV now that we are forced to be a village. The reason we became a village was to govern ourselves. Now the rumor is that the Mayor will allow outsiders to every position in Village Hall except the 5 trustees. How will that help MB? You may want to allow outsiders, because you may be from outside MB. I don't want people from MB telling me how to run my life, i certainly don't want residents from Shirley deciding how my life should be run.
And if MB can't do that, then yes, dissolve. Im not dissolving it, but I'll sign to get the process rolling if anyone has a petition.
Ethics Board Needed

Mastic, NY

#76 Apr 18, 2014
I agree we need an ethics board. People are allowed to make a living. This is still America and people's livelihoods should not be threatened. This village was based on bringing rentals up to code and standards for quality of life issues for both the tenants and homeowners. Isn't it unconstitutional to try to stop all rentals, and deny businesses? I hope our new trustees can bring more transparency.
Ethics Board Needed

Mastic, NY

#77 Apr 18, 2014
This is a question. Does anyone know if public officials usually have to make their income tax information public? What is the usual policy for that? I am not criticizing anyone.
your RABBI

Bronx, NY

#78 Apr 18, 2014
Remember people the last time you asked for change and transparency remember who you got NOBAMA
DHS

Savannah, GA

#79 Apr 19, 2014
This is Why wrote:
You mean like the deputy mayor giving no bid contracts to DHS and it turns out to be someone he is related to?

Where was the outcry for ethics several years ago when the corruption first started?
ethics

Mastic, NY

#80 Apr 19, 2014
Ethics Board Needed wrote:
I agree we need an ethics board. People are allowed to make a living. This is still America and people's livelihoods should not be threatened. This village was based on bringing rentals up to code and standards for quality of life issues for both the tenants and homeowners. Isn't it unconstitutional to try to stop all rentals, and deny businesses? I hope our new trustees can bring more transparency.
If an elected official casts a vote on an issue where they directly benefit financially from the outcome of that vote, then they are violating their oath.
Landlords and property managers must be held accountable for the safe and decent houses we need in the village. Tenants in the village have a legal right to safe houses that are not illegal fire traps. The village has a legal responsibility to force the property managers and landlords to provide safe housing that meets fire and building codes.

Mastic, NY

#81 Apr 19, 2014
DHS wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean like the deputy mayor giving no bid contracts to DHS and it turns out to be someone he is related to?
Where was the outcry for ethics several years ago when the corruption first started?
there was an outcry. they ignored it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Moriches Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MBV to invest in Powerball to reduce debt 32 min Stfudumbass 4
Poll Honest Frank for Mayor &/or Dissolve the Mastic... (Oct '13) 20 hr Honest Frank 92
West End of MBV now Shirley East Sat Loza 9
MBV to Tap Forge River as water source Sat M Moore 1
the reputation of mastic beach village May 25 YoureAloza 35
mastic village being dissolved May 23 Hahahahaha 58
85-356 Prohibited use (Front Yard) (Sep '10) May 22 Shirley EDWARDS 62
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Moriches Mortgages