Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#26 Nov 12, 2013
Sammy wrote:
Help me!!!!!
Please get off the MB board! Why don't you harass the Manorville horse guy instead. Seriously, I have found that you post at least 100 times a day anti-DAN posts. You really are pathetic.

Since: Apr 09

Mastic, NY

#27 Nov 12, 2013
What worries me is the property currently run by the POA cannot be sold until the village get its hands on it. What is stopping them from selling it to developers?
save the waterfront

Mastic Beach, NY

#28 Nov 12, 2013
Beach Man wrote:
What worries me is the property currently run by the POA cannot be sold until the village get its hands on it. What is stopping them from selling it to developers?
The MBPOA is whats stopping the village from selling it to developers. Why do you think they are fighting the Villages lawsuit? A small handful of people want the waterfront developed. Those include Gary who will walk away with a lot of money while allowing the waterfront to be destroyed. The POA is the only group trying to not let this happen. Oh sure, the village SAYS they wont develop it, but can we really trust them to their word at this point? No, no we cant.
confused

Mastic Beach, NY

#29 Nov 12, 2013
tonight there is a public hearing about changing zoning on neighborhood road. the building currently being used by the village for village hall is up for rezoning. they want to put a motor vehicle repair shop there. the law states that anyone living within 500 feet of this property be notified of this proposed change. the village failed to notify these residents and homeowners. if i lived next to/behind this property i would be really angry. i would not want the fumes from this type of business to encroach on my property. this is a health hazard for neighboring homes. another instance of the village doing whatever they want, despite laws in force to protect people. why is everything done the wrong way? you cannot say that the village does not know the law because it is printed on their website. if you lived there, how would you feel?

Location hidden

#30 Nov 12, 2013
confused wrote:
tonight there is a public hearing about changing zoning on neighborhood road. the building currently being used by the village for village hall is up for rezoning. they want to put a motor vehicle repair shop there. the law states that anyone living within 500 feet of this property be notified of this proposed change. the village failed to notify these residents and homeowners. if i lived next to/behind this property i would be really angry. i would not want the fumes from this type of business to encroach on my property. this is a health hazard for neighboring homes. another instance of the village doing whatever they want, despite laws in force to protect people. why is everything done the wrong way? you cannot say that the village does not know the law because it is printed on their website. if you lived there, how would you feel?
You would be correct if the petitioner (Farra) did not send, via certified mail, notices to all parties within 500 feet. But, you would be wrong if the certified receipts are presented. I will even go one further. If there was no notification, the application should be resubmitted and hearing set for another time in the future. So, let's see what happens tonight.
HUH

Mastic Beach, NY

#31 Nov 12, 2013
Really Brady wrote:
<quoted text>You would be correct if the petitioner (Farra) did not send, via certified mail, notices to all parties within 500 feet. But, you would be wrong if the certified receipts are presented. I will even go one further. If there was no notification, the application should be resubmitted and hearing set for another time in the future. So, let's see what happens tonight.
Not going to the meeting and I'll tell you what will happen. The village will GRANT this because the one asking for the favor is a village supporter. Done. No need to talk about it any more. Friends get the favors in our village. It doesn't matter if the process was done properly or not. If they are village supporters, it will pass. Remember Rhonda's house? No permits but a village supporter. Therefor she gets to build.Same thing in this situation.

Since: Dec 07

Mastic Beach N.Y.

#32 Nov 12, 2013
Beach Man wrote:
If the Village does prevail, it would have to abide by the deed, which says the land is for the residents of MB. They cannot sell it.( the village that is)
HUH

Mastic Beach, NY

#33 Nov 12, 2013
whoopsing wrote:
<quoted text>If the Village does prevail, it would have to abide by the deed, which says the land is for the residents of MB. They cannot sell it.( the village that is)
Bull. the POA cant sell it. The "village" has no legal obligation to sell it or not sell it. This is why the POA is fighting the village on this takeover. If the village gets their hands on it, they can and WILL sell parts off to developers. Stop lying and saying the village wont/cant sell it to developers.
Answer this. IF the village cant sell it and make money, why would they fight so hard to get it? why would they take on the burden of maintaining and paying the taxes on the land if they cant make money from it? They wouldn't. But keep up your web of lies, its all you have left.
HUH

Mastic Beach, NY

#34 Nov 12, 2013
This last comment was described as "nuts"? Why would the village want the land if they couldn't sell it off to make money? Whoopsing claims that the village CANT sell it off? Why would they want to gain the property then? That doesn't make any sense. Whoopsing, please explain why the village wants the waterfront if they cant sell it off. This has been bothering me as to why the village wants the land if the cant make money from it.
Lets get ALL the information.... then YOU can decide!

Location hidden

#35 Nov 13, 2013
HUH wrote:
<quoted text>Bull. the POA cant sell it. The "village" has no legal obligation to sell it or not sell it. This is why the POA is fighting the village on this takeover. If the village gets their hands on it, they can and WILL sell parts off to developers. Stop lying and saying the village wont/cant sell it to developers.
Answer this. IF the village cant sell it and make money, why would they fight so hard to get it? why would they take on the burden of maintaining and paying the taxes on the land if they cant make money from it? They wouldn't. But keep up your web of lies, its all you have left.
Maybe you didn't know the village is TAX EXEMPT. And as far as why fight so hard to acquire it...maybe you don't believe all MBV residents should be able to enjoy it and all MBV residents should be able to financially benefit from it.
HUH

Mastic Beach, NY

#36 Nov 13, 2013
Really Brady wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe you didn't know the village is TAX EXEMPT. And as far as why fight so hard to acquire it...maybe you don't believe all MBV residents should be able to enjoy it and all MBV residents should be able to financially benefit from it.
This is the biggest load of crap ever. How will all 'residents benefit" financially if the village cant sell it? Your and whoopsings case doesnt hold water. The village wants the land so they CANT sell it? But it will make all residents money? BULLSH!T!!!
I want whoopsing to explain their reasoning behind their statement. HOW can the village benefit and make money from a piece of land that they say they wont/cant sell to developers?
Lies lies lies. Just admit the truth. The village (Gary) wants the land so they CAN sell it to developers and cash in. This has been the main reason behind the formation of the village from the start. At least the lies at the begin were "we dont want the land or clubhouse". Now its "we want the land and clubhouse, but we wont sell it". Can you guys EVER open your mouths without lying?
Brady

Shirley, NY

#37 Nov 13, 2013
HUH wrote:
<quoted text>This is the biggest load of crap ever. How will all 'residents benefit" financially if the village cant sell it? Your and whoopsings case doesnt hold water. The village wants the land so they CANT sell it? But it will make all residents money? BULLSH!T!!!
I want whoopsing to explain their reasoning behind their statement. HOW can the village benefit and make money from a piece of land that they say they wont/cant sell to developers?
Lies lies lies. Just admit the truth. The village (Gary) wants the land so they CAN sell it to developers and cash in. This has been the main reason behind the formation of the village from the start. At least the lies at the begin were "we dont want the land or clubhouse". Now its "we want the land and clubhouse, but we wont sell it". Can you guys EVER open your mouths without lying?
Actually, whopping didn't say it, I did. They could hold a blue claw crab festival, maybe do a snapper derby, and maybe a blues by the bay concert. Oops, I think I fed into your trap?
HUH

Mastic Beach, NY

#38 Nov 13, 2013
Brady wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, whopping didn't say it, I did. They could hold a blue claw crab festival, maybe do a snapper derby, and maybe a blues by the bay concert. Oops, I think I fed into your trap?
Whoopsing was the one that said the village cant sell off the property.
Hey, you could do all those right now. I think all you need to do is ask the POA to hold these events. Oh wait, the "leaders" of the village has a grudge against the POA and would never do something like "getting along". Never mind, go back to being pricks.
confused

Mastic Beach, NY

#39 Nov 13, 2013
Really Brady wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe you didn't know the village is TAX EXEMPT. And as far as why fight so hard to acquire it...maybe you don't believe all MBV residents should be able to enjoy it and all MBV residents should be able to financially benefit from it.
if the village wanted all of the residents to benefit from it, then there would not be a village code already in place which states that you need a permit to use the marina's and waterfront. it is right there in their code. they don't even own the land and they are already prepared to have a permit process. that does not spell FREE to me.
Brady

Shirley, NY

#40 Nov 13, 2013
Nobody said the word free. And why don't you tell me more about the village being responsible to pay the real estate taxes.
HUH

Mastic Beach, NY

#41 Nov 13, 2013
Brady wrote:
Nobody said the word free. And why don't you tell me more about the village being responsible to pay the real estate taxes.
Why would they? They dont own the land. Tell me more about the villages plan to NOT sell the waterfront and how all the residents will benefit from it financially? This should be worth a laugh.
Brady

Shirley, NY

#42 Nov 13, 2013
HUH wrote:
<quoted text>Why would they? They dont own the land. Tell me more about the villages plan to NOT sell the waterfront and how all the residents will benefit from it financially? This should be worth a laugh.
Lets answer your first question: "Answer this. IF the village cant sell it and make money, why would they fight so hard to get it? why would they take on the burden of maintaining and paying the taxes on the land if they cant make money from it? They wouldn't. But keep up your web of lies, its all you have left."

The village would continue to operate it as a business asset. And, the village is tax exempt so there would be no real estate tax liability. Now, are you saying the present operator is being burdened with operating costs and taxes in excess of what they collect?

Since: Apr 09

Mastic, NY

#43 Nov 13, 2013
Oh let the village sell it. Then it will eventually look like Long Beach. Beach and houses and businesses.
youre

Mastic Beach, NY

#45 Nov 14, 2013
Beach Man wrote:
Oh let the village sell it. Then it will eventually look like Long Beach. Beach and houses and businesses.
and say good bye to the very last space on LI where people can walk the shore line. Good, that will make it for "everyone" then.
You do realize that the village is lying when they say they want it for "all the residents"?
Brady

Shirley, NY

#46 Nov 14, 2013
youre wrote:
<quoted text>and say good bye to the very last space on LI where people can walk the shore line. Good, that will make it for "everyone" then.
You do realize that the village is lying when they say they want it for "all the residents"?
Or maybe just the MBPOA can make money from the waterfront... There are three sides to this: yours, mine, and the truth.

Your turn.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Moriches Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Betty and Ann should WAKE UP 1 hr hoo doo you think... 47
looking for Lester 4 hr the Ace of Spades 2
Dans Horse dead farm (Aug '13) 5 hr lauren 401
Trustee Anderson should come clean 10 hr hodoo 51
big bill from Bills all all American has died 21 hr Victor zeleny 1
Gary Stiriz Criticized Sun hoo doo you think... 47
What do you call 32 child molesters living in a... Sat Evan Politico 1
More from around the web

Moriches People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE