Sue M

New Castle, PA

#21 Apr 5, 2008
Patty wrote:
Other parks to consider......Rolling Hills in Cheat Lake Area also Canyon Park........Bluegrass Village in the Sabraton area. I will be downsizing to a mobile home shortly and live in morgantown and honestly these are the parks I recommend as far as being neat and clean looking.
There is a registered child molester living in Country Squire. http://www.wvstatepolice.com/sexoff/WebSearch...
just saw your post

Sulphur Springs, TX

#22 May 5, 2008
Becky wrote:
We need a late model, 2 bedroom mobile home for sale in Bluegrass Village ASAP. If you know of any, please let me know at aglin@aol.com. Thanks, Becky
If you haven't found anything, my daughter is graduating in 2 weeks and selling her mobile home. It is not in Bluegrass Village, but in Canyon Village. We just starting advertising it today.

Here's a partial sample of the listing....

Mobile home on rental lot in Morgantown WV approximately 6 miles from WVU downtown campus. 14 x 76, 2 BR 2 baths, large deck and 8 x 12 storage building. Master bathroom skylight, garden tub & single shower. Gas heat and range with new hot water tank. Cathedral ceilings with ceiling fan, oak cabinets and sheetrock walls. Plenty of closet space. Includes a/c units and all appliances. Can leave furnished except for BR suite, including patio furniture, grill and electric mower, washer and dryer. Located in very nice park with pool and situated on flat lot with double car paved driveway.

It is very nice and can provide pictures by email.

(or anyone who is interested can reply, Thanks)
Happy Mom

United States

#23 May 10, 2008
When my husband and I moved to Morgantown, we did the same thing--we got a mobile home until we could find an affordable house. We lived in Fairfield Manor for 5 years and had absolutely no problems. It's off of the Pierpont Exit going toward Point Marion, PA. We also heard really great things about Bluegrass Village. As for La Mesa--we haven't heard really good things if you have children. We've known quite a few parents that are disgusted with kids making trouble there.
Bill_ Morgantown_WV

New Castle, PA

#24 Jul 19, 2008
Sorry, I never checked back in here last year, looks as if I could have sold it several times,lol.Ours is going to the market within a month or less. We never got around to selling it last year. It is in a very nice park,lot rent is $255, in a country like setting, on two lots, and is less than 3 miles from both hospitals, NIOSH,MYLAN Labs, and WVU Campus. If anyone is interested , or needs particulars , drop me an email address or phone number, and I'll contact you ASAP.
Thanks!
Connie

Bedford, PA

#25 Aug 21, 2008
My husband and I are looking to get out of our apartment, and into a nice trailer with more space, but we can't really afford to spend alot as we are both full time students. How much are you asking for your trailer and where exactly is it? Is there any way you could email me pictures? We also have a 4 month old lab so I need to know if pets are allowed. Please email me as soon as possible-sweetchecks2715@hotma il.com. Thanks so much!
Bill_ Morgantown_WV wrote:
Sorry, I never checked back in here last year, looks as if I could have sold it several times,lol.Ours is going to the market within a month or less. We never got around to selling it last year. It is in a very nice park,lot rent is $255, in a country like setting, on two lots, and is less than 3 miles from both hospitals, NIOSH,MYLAN Labs, and WVU Campus. If anyone is interested , or needs particulars , drop me an email address or phone number, and I'll contact you ASAP.
Thanks!
sherri

Morgantown, WV

#26 Aug 23, 2008
Independence hills off of bakers ridge
mike buczkowski

Canonsburg, PA

#27 Dec 10, 2008
Peggy wrote:
I live in Bluegrass Village. I have been here for 13 yrs. When J&J owned it they were very good and the park was great. Now our lot rent keeps increasing and they do nothing for us or for the money. The park is going down hill and now is full of rental homes.
Peggy I have a mobile home I got stuck with and am thinking of moving it to a get away area would the place you know of be good or can you recomend a place since you are filmiar in the cheat lake area I would prefer to buy the land advise
Nicole

United States

#28 Jan 4, 2009
Bill_ Morgantown_WV wrote:
We have a 2000 Commodore for sale ,already set up and landscaped in a nice, private park on 119N, 3 minutes from both hospitals.
I am looking for a mobile home for rent to own .
Nicole

United States

#29 Jan 4, 2009
I am looking for a mobile home for rent to own can pay monthly payments of 400.00 to 500.00 . I'm looking for a 2 to 3 bedroom 2 bath if possible. If anyone knows of anything please let me know. nic_ron@verizon.net Thanks
Nicole

United States

#30 Jan 4, 2009
i'm living in Kingwood, WV and my husband is working in Blacksville, WV. The comute is long and we are looking for something closer.
Yi-An

Morgantown, WV

#31 Apr 6, 2009
I am looking for a mobile home for sale, but my budget is under $8000. If you have a mobile home close to WVU, please feel free to let me know.
Melissa

Morgantown, WV

#32 Aug 12, 2009
Looking to purchase a mobile home in the $7000 or lower range in a decent mobile home park.
gdffdg

Saint Clairsville, OH

#33 Feb 17, 2011
American homes at canyon mobile home parks.Nothing but harassment living in this park from the park manager
gdffdg

Saint Clairsville, OH

#34 Feb 17, 2011
nothing but sneeks and snakes those people who run the park are ASSh&^%s
gdffdg

Saint Clairsville, OH

#35 Feb 17, 2011
Everything you do is a breach of there lease aggrement
Sydney

Morgantown, WV

#36 Mar 10, 2011
I am looking to buy a mobile home near the HSC & Football Field. I attend WVU and this is a good location for my classes. If anyone knows of anything, contact me at spudder@mix.wvu.edu
Mileground Mobile Home

Chicago, IL

#37 Mar 10, 2011
Sydney wrote:
I am looking to buy a mobile home near the HSC & Football Field. I attend WVU and this is a good location for my classes. If anyone knows of anything, contact me at spudder@mix.wvu.edu
Hope you can find something soon, as all the residents of Mileground Mobile Park will be evicted and looking for new housing on June 7 when the Mon. County BOE takes the land for their new Eastwood school. The sad irony is that residents welcomed the school here thinking it would benefit them by permitting their children to walk to school.
FuckAmericanHome s

Morgantown, WV

#38 Apr 9, 2011
I can also attest to the horrors of Canyon Mobile Home Park.
American Homes are THE BIGGEST bunch of assclowns I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with.
Here awhile back they claimed they had to raise our lot rent for some bullshit reason. A week later guess what they had? Yeah, that huge ass new electronic billboard in front of their office.
As of May, lot rent is going up AGAIN to $310. This is simply fucking retarded.
I want out of this goddamn place as soon as possible.
Gary

Kingwood, WV

#39 Apr 11, 2011
Wow - I thought we were paying exhorbitant lot rent in Bluegrass Village at $270/month. Nothing is included in the rent (no water or garbage), but at least the mostly leave you alone if your rent is on time and you keep your grass mowed. I guess I know what their ultimate goal must be if Canyon is at $310/month.

I can see why someone on a limited budget would want to buy and older MH, but seems like you would really need to think about buying a new one unless you had land to put it on. By the time you buy a new MH with a montly payment of $400-500 or more and add around $300 for lot rent you are looking at a monthly outlay that could get you a smaller or older house without all the bulshit rules.
Trailer in the Sky

Morgantown, WV

#40 May 24, 2011
Trailer parks are nice and affordable housing for this area, but your quality of life really depends on what kind of neighbors you have. I really liked living in Fairfield Manor up until about a year ago when my neighbors all of a sudden decided they wanted to party until 3 a.m. on most weekends and some week nights too. My child's bedroom is unfortunately facing the street so we had to get a white noise machine so he could get to sleep at night. Some trailer parks live up to the stereotype but in a college town, you're going to deal with lousy neighbors everywhere. The total lack of respect for neighbors, not knowing whether they are working shift work or have small children is what baffles me the most. Several people have actually pulled their trailers out of the lot. I would love to find a couple of acres and do the same.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morgantown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rachel shoaf and Sheila eddy (May '13) 3 hr fryingpan 11,525
Nicole Moran Arrested Sat UGLY - UGLY - UGLY 8
Daniel Kelly - Morgantown Sat Used and Abused 1
Huggins's daughter Sat Doubting Thomas 28
Bill Maloney Is A Crook Fri fryingpan 3
Justin knisell Apr 23 truth-speaker 2
Riverside Auto in Morgantown Apr 22 ClarksburgVET 1
More from around the web

Morgantown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE